PDA

View Full Version : I'm here!

tlongII
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Take your shots! I still think we'll make the playoffs!

Last Comic Standing
10-30-2007, 11:57 PM
TLONGII is for real! he is a survivor like us!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/SR.gif

E20
10-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Aldridge played great. He needs to work on his rebounding, he should be ripping down boards, but he is getting beat by Parker for a rebound.

anakha
10-31-2007, 12:03 AM

Just a few questions for you.

First, on Aldridge - given his playing style, do you see him more as a natural PF than a center? If the former, he's gonna have NO problem (eventually) playing alongside Oden.

Second, how do you see the bigman rotation for Portland this season shaping out?

sa_kid20
10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Gotta hand it to Portland they hung in there right till the end and hit their shots. Aldridge played great offensively. When Oden comes back next year they could really be at team to deal with.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
aldridge could end up being the next zach randolf without the weight or a cheap man chri bosh or a rich man channing frye

duncan228
10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
TlongII-You should be pleased with what you saw tonight.
They're young, fiesty, and talented.
I think they'll have a great season and when Oden gets back and gets in the swing with them they will be even better.

SpursFanFirst
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Good game tonight!
The Blazers are a tough team, and I can't wait to see what happens with them in a couple of years!

I'm glad you came back, tlong.

Re-Animator
10-31-2007, 12:19 AM
TlongII is the definition of class!

to bad for you ST poster of the year came 12 hours to late! :lmao

Darkwaters
10-31-2007, 12:29 AM
The Blazers are going to be a good team. While everyone is going to hype up Greg Oden I personally think he will simply become a solid role player on the team (similar to what Bowen is to the Spurs). He will play well off of Roy and Aldridge and provide supreme defense. But Roy is the heart of that team and Aldridge will become it's iron fist. LaMarcus looked amazing last season and simply shredded the Spurs all night. His lackluster rebounding tonight was very out of character. What scares me about the Blazers is that they still have Petteri Koponen and Rudy Fernandez overseas. If one or two of the Blazers countless PGs (Koponen, Rodriguez, Blake, Jack, Green) busts out and Fernandez ends up being half as good as I think he already is then they will be quite the force.

Hold your head high TlongII, your day is coming.

ROFL
10-31-2007, 12:40 AM
TlongII is the definition of class!

to bad for you ST poster of the year came 12 hours to late! :lmao

:lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
10-31-2007, 12:54 AM

I think you will too. What really sucks is that Duncan will be like 33 when he first squares up with Oden, and will most likely get brutally brutally owned in the 1on1 matchup if that contest is in the beginning of the season. If only Oden had played tonight so Duncan could have smacked him around.

Rack The Trolls!
10-31-2007, 01:08 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/TLONG-SUN.gif

ShoogarBear
10-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Blazers played well, but there's no way they're going to hit jump shots like that all year.

I like what I saw when they tried to push it off of turnovers.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
LaMarcus Aldrige reminded me of Chris Bosh out there. He really improved his offense.

MoSpur
10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Its obvious as to how much LaMarcus improved. However, him playing out there in the perimeter is not going to help is rebounding. I think Roy is the truth. He is a tough cover. Webster was on fire. I don't know too much about Webster so I don't know if that will continue or if that was a fluke. Joel Prz is good. Very solid. The Blazers have nothing to worry about. Lots of good point guards on that squad. They should be very good.

bdictjames
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Dont forget Steve Blake.

Portland might make the 9th seed. :lol

easjer
10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I was very impressed with your team, Tlong. Much better game than I expected; very impressed by Aldridge.

Reggie Miller
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Aldridge played great. He needs to work on his rebounding, he should be ripping down boards, but he is getting beat by Parker for a rebound.

The Blazers were expending too much effort and playing sort of frenetic. I can recall at least twice where three Blazers crashed the boards and only succeeded in getting in each other's way.

I agree that they won't hit jumpers like that every night, but this team has a lot of good, but raw, players. When they tried to speed things up too much, some of their plays just completely broke down, not to mention the Blazers that fell down on the court a few times...

1Parker1
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Tlong, I have to say....in another year or 2 (esp if Oden stays healthy), Blazers are going to pass the Spurs as the team to beat in the West. They somehow managed to build a really great team over there quietly the past couple of years. Channing Frye, Aldridge, Roy are studs. :tu

nkdlunch
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Blazer's are fucking talented and athletic. they could be awesome if coach/manager do well.

degenerate_gambler
10-31-2007, 10:21 AM

If I was you, I'd want to see them give that much effort each nite this year and maybe not make the playoffs. Then take your chances in the lottery again and if you get lucky, you've set your team up for the next 7-9 years..

tlongII
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Just a few questions for you.

First, on Aldridge - given his playing style, do you see him more as a natural PF than a center? If the former, he's gonna have NO problem (eventually) playing alongside Oden.

Second, how do you see the bigman rotation for Portland this season shaping out?

Aldridge is definitely a PF. Przybilla will get the bulk of the minutes at C as will Aldridge at PF. Frye will see spot duty at backup PF and C.

Mavs08
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
When I saw the Blazers with the lead I almost spilled my bong! I was ready for this place to have it's first meltdown! this place will implode it's just a matter of time!

props to TlongII for eating his crow!

703 Spurz
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Tlong, I have to say....in another year or 2 (esp if Oden stays healthy), Blazers are going to pass the Spurs as the team to beat in the West. They somehow managed to build a really great team over there quietly the past couple of years. Channing Frye, Aldridge, Roy are studs. :tu

Don't they have to actually get to the playoffs before they'd be deemed the team to beat in the West?

I don't doubt they'll be a good team soon but give it a little time before they're the team everyone's gunning for

LEN BIAS 4EVER
10-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Point Guard play must improve in the future for this team to take giant strides. Neither Jack nor Blake are going to cut it as a starter on a championship contending team.

A big man rotation of Oden and Aldridge backed up by Pryzbella and Frye is very nice.

Outlaw is a nice player off the bench.

Need another pure shooter off the bench - with an Oden/Aldridge combo in the middle their are going to be open shots for the wings.

tough nite last night but I love Roy. If he has the potential to hurt himself further with his heel then he should be shut down immediately. I don't know how severe it is but if their saying he will have surgery at season's end i would sit him after 40 games and tell him to take care of it. He is too important to risk....

703 Spurz

Your boys played a good game man, there are no shots to take at ya. If there was one it would just be

:elephant :elephant :elephant you lose.

But that's it. Good luck this year brotha

George Gervin's Afro
I think the blazers are going to be the team of the decade from 2010 to 2020..those boys are going to be scary good..