PDA

View Full Version : WHo did chuck pick to win it all?

theroc5
10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
i didnt get to hear, who did chuck and kenny pick to win it all???

LilMissSPURfect
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
phoenix = kenny & magic
nj = chuck

gospursgojas
10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
I just heard he's picking NJ to win the east

Reggie Miller
10-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Barkley didn't seem at all serious when he said New Jersey.

dougp
10-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Barkley didn't seem at all serious when he said New Jersey.
I'm suprised he could keep a straight face ... don't know who could, after saying NJ could win the trophy. :lol

T Park
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Kenny and Magic picked the Phoenix suns.

Chuck I assume picked the Spurs.

duncan228
10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I thought Chuck said NJ for the East but Phoenix to win it all.
I recorded it with the game because I couldn't watch it.
I'll double check what he said when I watch it.

Not that it matters. I never believe any of the "experts."
The season is too long and there are too many factors along the way. Health, team chemistry, etc.

What will matter to me is how the Spurs are playing in March.

Reggie Miller
10-31-2007, 12:38 PM

The season is too long and there are too many factors along the way. Health, team chemistry, etc.

Barkley always dogs Phoenix for playing no defense. Suns' management has been P.O.d at him a few times over that. When he is being serious, he has picked either the Spurs or Mavericks for several years in a row. The problem is knowing when he is being serious.

Demo Dick Marcinko
10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Did anyone catch where Barkley alluded that Skip Bayless didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, Ernie then joked about no names being mentioned?

dbreiden83080
10-31-2007, 01:31 PM
This is a season where i will not care about what any of the experts have to say about who will win the title this year. They are likely to ride the jocks of the Suns all year long like always but Dallas nomatter what they do they will probably wait and see on since they choked a 67 win season away and the Spurs will be in the background again, hopefully until June.

GrandeDavid
10-31-2007, 01:35 PM
In a radio interview with Greg Simmons he picked the Spurs pretty convincingly, saying their defense is just too good come playoff time, and their big three are young and in their primes, and they have a great coach and supporting cast. The usual. He said he picks them every year and will probably pick them again next season as well.

MrChug
10-31-2007, 01:36 PM
He clear as day picked the Spurs on the Jim Rome show the other day.

Well technically he was answering a question from Rome to the effect of: "So Charles, you're picking the Spurs this year?" And Barkely replied to the effect of: "Well I pick the Spurs EVERY year..." Which is BULL-F'kn-$h!t because he picked every team LIKE CLOCKWORK against us except the Cavs throughout the playoffs last year.

Findog
10-31-2007, 02:33 PM

Amen. Phoenix is certainly a trendy pick this year, I keep hearing about how this is "their year," they're "on a mission," and they're "on fire" with motivation. Like San Antonio isn't motivated to finally repeat? Dallas isn't motivated to atone for their last two playoff series? Phoenix is the only elite contender with a chip on its shoulder? Give me a break, they don't have any edge when it comes to getting it up this year. We don't match up well with them and I hope San Antonio does our dirty work for us, but, after the last playoff series, and selling Kurt Thomas off, I don't see how they've narrowed the gap between them and San Antonio.

MoSpur
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM
I know Magic and Kenny picked the Suns, but never heard who Charles picked. I'm curious now as to know who he picked.

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
CHUCK VS. SKIP BAYLESS, celebrity boxing.

Make it happen.

anjlbitz
10-31-2007, 02:56 PM
They did some T-Mobile spot ads on the show where Chuck gave his top 5 teams in the East and West.

He had Boston, NJ, Miami, Pistons and some other team for the East but he refused to put them in any order (well he did say he was pulling for JKidd).

Then for the West he had the Spurs, Nuggets, Suns, Rockets, and the Mavs (in order)

T Park
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
What I've found hilarious everyone admits the loss of Kurt THomas was a huge blow to that team but heres their follow up

"But Brian Skinner should fill that role perfectly"

Brian Skinner?!?!?! :lmao

T-Pain
10-31-2007, 07:44 PM
chuck picked the spurs to win, i heard him on PTI say it

sprrs
10-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Barkley wouldn't pick the Suns to win.....he's a firm believer in defense wins championships.

Reggie Miller
11-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Barkley wouldn't pick the Suns to win.....he's a firm believer in defense wins championships.

He even admits in Outrageous that the Suns did not win in 1993 becuase he did not make enough of a commitment to defense.