xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Was she for it, before she was against it. Debate obviously
didn't go well for the smartest woman in the world. Oh,
my. What's a good dimm-o-crap to do?

Obama, Edwards attack; Clinton bombs debate
By: Roger Simon
October 31, 2007 07:50 AM EST

PHILADELPHIA - - We now know something that we did not know before: When Hillary Clinton has a bad night, she really has a bad night.

In a debate against six Democratic opponents at Drexel University here Tuesday, Clinton gave the worst performance of her entire campaign.

It was not just that her answer about whether illegal immigrants should be issued drivers’ licenses was at best incomprehensible and at worst misleading.

It was that for two hours she dodged and weaved, parsed and stonewalled.

And when it was over, both the Barack Obama and John Edwards campaigns signaled that in the weeks ahead they intend to hammer home a simple message: Hillary Clinton does not say what she means or mean what she says.

And she gave them plenty of ammunition Tuesday night.

Asked whether she still agrees with New York Governor Eliot Spitzer’s plan to give drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, Clinton launched into a long, complicated defense of it.

But when Chris Dodd attacked the idea a moment later, Clinton quickly said: “I did not say that it should be done.”

NBC’s Tim Russert, one of the debate moderators, jumped in and said to her: “You told (a) New Hampshire paper that it made a lot of sense. Do you support his plan?”

”You know, Tim,” Clinton replied, “this is where everybody plays ‘gotcha.’ ”

John Edwards immediately went for the jugular. “Unless I missed something,” he said, “Senator Clinton said two different things in the course of about two minutes. America is looking for a president who will say the same thing, who will be consistent, who will be straight with them.”

Barack Obama added: “I was confused (by) Senator Clinton's answer. I can't tell whether she was for it or against it. One of the things that we have to do in this country is to be honest about the challenges that we face.”

Earlier, when Clinton was asked whether she had made one statement on Social Security publicly and a conflicting answer privately, she ducked the question, saying she believed in “fiscal responsibility.”

And when Russert asked her if she would make public certain communications between herself and President Clinton when she was first lady, she responded weakly: “Well, that’s not my decision to make.”

Perhaps just as bad was her general tone and demeanor. All of her opponents seemed passionate about one issue or another. But Clinton seemed largely emotionless and detached, often just mouthing rehearsed answers from her briefing book.

True, she was relentlessly attacked all night. But she can’t claim that she was stabbed in the back. She was stabbed in the front.

“Who is honest? Who is sincere? Who has integrity?” Edwards asked and then provided the answer: Not Hillary.

“She has not been truthful and clear,” Obama said at one point.

Hillary Clinton will certainly live to fight another day. She still has a huge lead in the national polls, a good staff and a ton of money.

But, in the past, Clinton could always depend on her opponents to lose these debates. All she had to do was stay above the fray to win.

Those days seem to be over.

TM & © THE POLITICO & POLITICO.COM, a division of Allbritton Communications Company

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Of course, the Clinton supporters said:

CLINTON INNER-CIRCLE BLAME 'UNFAIR' MODERATOR TIM RUSSERT. 'HE BORDERED ON THE UNPROFESSIONAL,' TOP HILLARY ADVISER CHARGES. 'HE BROKE DEBATE RULES AND WAS BELLIGERENT'...

Didn't they know you cant ask tough questions of the smartest
woman in the world. Next thing you know they will bring up
her health care system she proposed in her other life. That
was an absolute failure.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Of course, the Clinton supporters said:

CLINTON INNER-CIRCLE BLAME 'UNFAIR' MODERATOR TIM RUSSERT. 'HE BORDERED ON THE UNPROFESSIONAL,' TOP HILLARY ADVISER CHARGES. 'HE BROKE DEBATE RULES AND WAS BELLIGERENT'...

Didn't they know you cant ask tough questions of the smartest
woman in the world. Next thing you know they will bring up
her health care system she proposed in her other life. That
was an absolute failure.

speaking of flip floppers how is the republican side handling all of the debates? hey ray taler a deep breath since her plan was never allowed to proceed it couldn't have failed... try and take your GOP rose colored sunglasses and accept that both parties are full of political creatures in it foir their own benefit..

oh and ray i think hillary is flip flopping and riding the fence.. but so are all of the other candidates..

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
it still grosses me out the way bush campaign totally slandered kerry, a war hero

You forgot to add: wounded war hero.

Don't want to leave that out.

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I didn't. You did!

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
why do you hate the troops xray?q

ray only likes the troops who support bush.. the others are simply dimmo-craps..

on a side note hillary clinton was awful last night. maybe that's a good thing because she may win the battle but lose the political war.. I want to win the political war for America.. and i want to hear xray complain for 8 yrs.. :lol

clambake
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
ray only likes the troops who support bush.. the others are simply dimmo-craps..

on a side note hillary clinton was awful last night. maybe that's a good thing because she may win the battle but lose the political war.. I want to win the political war for America.. and i want to hear xray complain for 8 yrs.. :lol
can you imagine an xray at 83?

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
it still grosses me out the way bush campaign totally slandered kerry, a war hero
What slander?

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:33 AM
can you imagine an xray at 83?

he'll still be old senile ray to me.. :lol

101A
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Is it possible for the liberal posters on this board to actually respond to criticism of a liberal, or a liberal policy, rather than attack Bush and Co.?

It is becoming evident it is not, and that the entire "rebirth" of the Democratic party is based ENTIRELY on Bush hatred, and not on any new, substantive prescription for change or solutions.

"Not Him" is basically it.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
What slander?

ok yoni chosses to play dumb so i will explain. i will use his hero president bush as an example. One could either say Bush defended his country and served his duty honorably. Or one could say bush got a favor because his dad was a congressman. Bush avoided combat duty to protect the shores of Alabama. Both scenerios are true but most dems, inculding myself, choose the latter in explaining bush's service. Yoni may think that is borderline slanderous but not completely untrue either..

there that was easy..

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Is it possible for the liberal posters on this board to actually respond to criticism of a liberal, or a liberal policy, rather than attack Bush and Co.?

It is becoming evident it is not, and that the entire "rebirth" of the Democratic party is based ENTIRELY on Bush hatred, and not on any new, substantive prescription for change or solutions.

"Not Him" is basically it.

As opposed to the "Not Hillary" crowd? You are slowly losing your credibility when you pretend to be middle of the road..

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
ok yoni chosses to play dumb so i will explain. i will use his hero president bush as an example. One could either say Bush defended his country and served his duty honorably. Or one could say bush got a favor because his dad was a congressman. Bush avoided combat duty to protect the shores of Alabama. Both scenerios are true but most dems, inculding myself, choose the latter in explaining bush's service. Yoni may think that is borderline slanderous but not completely untrue either..

there that was easy..
You didn't mention the slander against Kerry. What was it?

And, then, where's your proof President Bush "got a favor because his dad was a congressman?" Dan Rather's "fake but accurate" memos don't count.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
You didn't mention the slander against Kerry. What was it?

And, then, where's your proof President Bush "got a favor because his dad was a congressman?" Dan Rather's "fake but accurate" memos don't count.

slandering his service. insinuating his service was anything but honorable. wouldn't you agree that ANYONE who chose to volunteer to go to war is acting honorably?

101A
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
As opposed to the "Not Hillary" crowd? You are slowly losing your credibility when you pretend to be middle of the road..
When the hell did I claim to be a moderate?

I think you've got me and Dark Reign confused.

101A
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
As opposed to the "Not Hillary" crowd? You are slowly losing your credibility when you pretend to be middle of the road..By the way, in response to the question, you responded with TWO attacks.

Got it.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
By the way, in response to the question, you responded with TWO attacks.

Got it.

attacks or facts? do you criticize the other side for the exact same thing you criticize dems for? You don't, so i just pointed out that your just as guilty as those who you are convicting.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:07 AM
slandering his service. insinuating his service was anything but honorable. wouldn't you agree that ANYONE who chose to volunteer to go to war is acting honorably?
I think that would depend on their motive for volunteering.

If, Kerry was hoping to build a political portfolio [for which there is evidence]; that he was later going to lie about his exploits there in order to malign other soldiers [Winter Soldiers and his factually challenged Congressional testimony]; and if he exploited the "three Purple Hearts ticket home" criteria [also, for which there is evidence], then, no; he wasn't honorable.

And, it's not slander to say so.

By the way, today marks 1,009 days since John Kerry promised (http://polipundit.com/index.php?p=6230#Form180Promise), on national TV, to sign form SF-180 and release his military records.

Frankly, if John O'Neill says he's dishonorable, that's good enough for me.

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
he'll still be old senile ray to me.. :lol

At any age, my boy, I will have more sense and under-
standing of what the world is about than you could
ever dream of. You know rocks and stones and all that
stuff. You keep it up and you are going to hurt my
feelings. :toast

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM

Do you know anything about his "honorable" service?
I thought not.

101A
10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
attacks or facts? do you criticize the other side for the exact same thing you criticize dems for? You don't, so i just pointed out that your just as guilty as those who you are convicting.The original article posted makes a valid point that Hillary doesn't REALLY seem to have hardly any positions she is willing to stick to and defend.

Can you respond to that?

I, myself, think the article makes a valid point; but it has as much to do with the (very) difficult task of trying to hold together a majority of nutburger Democratic primary voters while maintaining some viability in the general election.

It might very well be impossible.

That is, the Democratic primary voters are SO FAR outside of the mainstream, that they ultimately will force any candidate to make statements and take positions which will make that candidate near plutonium in a general election.

It is what is destroying the Democratic Congress, after all.

SA210
10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Edwards was great.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 11:15 AM
I think that would depend on their motive for volunteering.

If, Kerry was hoping to build a political portfolio [for which there is evidence]; that he was later going to lie about his exploits there in order to malign other soldiers [Winter Soldiers and his factually challenged Congressional testimony]; and if he exploited the "three Purple Hearts ticket home" criteria [also, for which there is evidence], then, no; he wasn't honorable.

And, it's not slander to say so.

By the way, today marks 1,009 days since John Kerry promised (http://polipundit.com/index.php?p=6230#Form180Promise), on national TV, to sign form SF-180 and release his military records.

Frankly, if John O'Neill says he's dishonorable, that's good enough for me.

I stopped at 'motives'. That's where you and I part ways. You seem to assign motivation whenever it suits your purpose and I don't. So in order for me to believe what you suppose about Kerry is that he signed up knowing that he would slander other soldiers, get injured three times (but none seriously), to then come home to position himslef to be president is preposterous. All of this MAY be true ( I won't consider right wing blogs as objective opinions) but to think Kerry had all of that in mind when he signed up is beyond ridiculous. His serving was honorable whether you agree with his politics or not.

Next thing your going to tell me is that max Clelland shouldn't be honored the way he is because he apparently caused his own mutilation and injuries by his own hand.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 11:16 AM
The original article posted makes a valid point that Hillary doesn't REALLY seem to have hardly any positions she is willing to stick to and defend.

Can you respond to that?

I, myself, think the article makes a valid point; but it has as much to do with the (very) difficult task of trying to hold together a majority of nutburger Democratic primary voters while maintaining some viability in the general election.

It might very well be impossible.

That is, the Democratic primary voters are SO FAR outside of the mainstream, that they ultimately will force any candidate to make statements and take positions which will make that candidate near plutonium in a general election.

It is what is destroying the Democratic Congress, after all.

Well this I agree with. The right is united to stop hillary while the left seems to enjoy tearing itslef apart.

101A
10-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Well this I agree with. The right is united to stop hillary while the left seems to enjoy tearing itslef apart.Agree?

Common ground sucks; now we'll never get the split screen on NightLine.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:29 AM
I stopped at 'motives'. That's where you and I part ways. You seem to assign motivation whenever it suits your purpose and I don't. So in order for me to believe what you suppose about Kerry is that he signed up knowing that he would slander other soldiers, get injured three times (but none seriously), to then come home to position himslef to be president is preposterous. All of this MAY be true ( I won't consider right wing blogs as objective opinions) but to think Kerry had all of that in mind when he signed up is beyond ridiculous. His serving was honorable whether you agree with his politics or not.
Hey, you asked.

Seriously though, when do you think Kerry is going to sign that form SF-180?

Next thing your going to tell me is that max Clelland shouldn't be honored the way he is because he apparently caused his own mutilation and injuries by his own hand.
Nope.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey, you asked.

Seriously though, when do you think Kerry is going to sign that form SF-180?

Nope.

does it really matter now whether he releases it or not? the people who want to see it only want to tear him apart and humiliate him. sort of like the folks now on the right who want to get a hold of communications between hillary and bill during their 8 yrs in the WH. the right wants to see communications between man and wife .... yet they also defend the right of dick to hold secret energy meetings.. come on man there is so much hypocrisy on your side even you have to acknowledge it. I am going on a limb and assume you want these communications between bill and hillary to be released for all to see.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
In retrospect one must in reality question why Kerry filmed his supposed escapades in Vietnam, a tactic that obviously smacks of exploitation and calculation.

In fact, If John Kerry really wanted to do something important why didn't he document with his camera all the atrocities he said that he witnessed and were committed by the hoards of Ghengis Khan he so blatantly accused U. S. soldiers of being in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee 1971?

The murdering, rapists .... Your fathers, sons, friends, and relatives, our young fighting men who fought with so much bravery because they loved America! Where was his bravery then? He was so against the war what better chance to prove his accusations but on film? No, his real reasons for carrying that camera have become very obvious to most veterans and to many Americans. John Kerry is into only one thing and that's John Kerrys political aspirations.

He volunteered for Vietnam and requested to captain a Swiftboat because it was, he believed, safe. Two of his three wounds -- coming in approximately 4 months time are alleged, by men of more honor than Kerry, to have been self-inflicted.

Back in September 2002, Kerry told New York Times columnist Bill Keller "I have no intention of using" his Vietnam home movies, which Kerry shot with an 8-mm camera, for campaign purposes. But contrary to that promise, those films were used in Kerry’s TV ads and were heavily featured during the Democratic convention.

Again, where is his SF-180?

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:45 AM
does it really matter now whether he releases it or not? the people who want to see it only want to tear him apart and humiliate him.
Maybe he deserves to be torn apart and humiliated. I'm sure the veterans about whom he lied to Congress would consider that sweet justice.

sort of like the folks now on the right who want to get a hold of communications between hillary and bill during their 8 yrs in the WH. the right wants to see communications between man and wife .... yet they also defend the right of dick to hold secret energy meetings.. come on man there is so much hypocrisy on your side even you have to acknowledge it. I am going on a limb and assume you want these communications between bill and hillary to be released for all to see.
You assume wrong. I don't care what they said to one another. In fact, I hadn't even heard this was being suggested. Is there some criminal allegation?

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe he deserves to be torn apart and humiliated. I'm sure the veterans about whom he lied to Congress would consider that sweet justice.

You assume wrong. I don't care what they said to one another. In fact, I hadn't even heard this was being suggested. Is there some criminal allegation?

I know I shouldn't but I will..

specifically what veterans are you talking about?

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I know I shouldn't but I will..

specifically what veterans are you talking about?
For starters, the veterans he lied about in his testimony to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
The fact he brought an 8mm camera to Vietnam and only produced scenes that would look good in a political ad instead of filming the "atrocities" he would come back to lie about in Congress should tell you something about his honor I would think.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Throwing someone else's medals over the White House fence in protest instead of his own should tell you something about his honor.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Lying about his super-de-duper secret trip up the river into Cambodia should tell you something about his honor.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey I'm not defending him all I am saying is that his signing up should be viewed as being honorable. Whatever happened after his signing up he owns and I won't pretend to agree with everything he did.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
The fact he brought an 8mm camera to Vietnam and only produced scenes that would look good in a political ad instead of filming the "atrocities" he would come back to lie about in Congress should tell you something about his honor I would think.

Well what would you show? Yoni please get of of this notion that no attrocities happended in Vietnam. Right or wrong they happened, so please don't tell me that you believe there were no attrocities committed.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey I'm not defending him all I am saying is that his signing up should be viewed as being honorable. Whatever happened after his signing up he owns and I won't pretend to agree with everything he did.
If he signed up believing he would be put in a position that would afford him maximum safety [which he, himself, admitted he did] and allow him to exploit his service for political ends [which many around him, at the time, believe], that's not honorable...that's opportunistic.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Well what would you show? Yoni please get of of this notion that no attrocities happended in Vietnam. Right or wrong they happened, so please don't tell me that you believe there were no attrocities committed.
I didn't say that, Captain Absolutist. I said Kerry lied about U. S. Troops before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971 and that his lies make him a dishonorable person.

If atrocities were "committed on a day to day basis" in Vietnam, the news media would have reported them then. There were news journalists and photographers all over Vietnam. Remember the Vietnam war was the 1st war to be televised? The first war that we watched from our living rooms?

Did American Soldiers commit atrocities? Yes, but in the 10 years from 1962 until 1972 there were fewer atrocities committed by American servicemen than in the four years of WWII. And, reported atrocities were documented, investigated, and punished where found to be true.

Did the Vietnam veterans rape Vietnamese women? I never heard of it happening during the war. Though I'm sure there were some rapes, as sure as I am that there were rapes committed in the USA between 1962 and 1972.

Did the Vietnam veteran kill women? Yes, unfortunatly they had to at times.

Did the Vietnam veterans kill kids? Yes, unfortunatly they had to at times.

Did the Vietnam veteran commit atrocities "on a day to day basis with the full awareness of Officers at all levels of command," as Kerry testified? As I said above, Vietnam was the first war that was brought to the Americans' living rooms. There were Journalists and Photographers all over Vietnam if this statement were the truth, the media would have been at every atrocity foaming at the mouth with pen in hand.

Did the Vietnam veterans randomly shoot at civilians, kill livestock, and raze villages in the "fashion" of Genghis Khan? Except for Mai Lai, there is very little to substantiate such a claim.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 12:07 PM
If he signed up believing he would be put in a position that would afford him maximum safety [which he, himself, admitted he did] and allow him to exploit his service for political ends [which many around him, at the time, believe], that's not honorable...that's opportunistic.

Ok so if I follow your view he signed up for gun boat duty because it was safe? or was it safer than in the jungle? please don't tell me that he did not put himself in harms way. I am now beginning to think you only see republicans service as the only noble type.. bush signed up to stay away from vietnam while kerry signed up with maximum safety in mind.. do you see where your headed?

clambake
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
so is deferment

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I didn't say that, Captain Absolutist. I said Kerry lied about U. S. Troops before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971 and that his lies make him a dishonorable person.

So it wasn't possible that some veterans mentioned to him that bad things happened? if they did, would that make hiumn a liar? And since he was going in front of congress maybethey wanted him to know? is that a possibility?

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok so if I follow your view he signed up for gun boat duty because it was safe? or was it safer than in the jungle? please don't tell me that he did not put himself in harms way. I am now beginning to think you only see republicans service as the only noble type.. bush signed up to stay away from vietnam while kerry signed up with maximum safety in mind.. do you see where your headed?
Actually, President Bush volunteered for combat duty and was rejected.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war. When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

John Kerry in 1986

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
So it wasn't possible that some veterans mentioned to him that bad things happened? if they did, would that make hiumn a liar? And since he was going in front of congress maybethey wanted him to know? is that a possibility?
We can check his testimony but, I believe he actually claimed to have witnessed and, in some respects, participated in the atrocities.

And, we also know much of his testimony was shaped by lies fabricated by fake soldiers in the Winter Soldier nonsense.

C'mon, the guy's a disgrace.

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Well I have given this enough time. Everyone wants to get off
into Kerry's lost, which that is what is was Presidential bid. But everyone
avoids they whole thing of the post. Hillary cant answer a
hard question. Why? She doesn't have a clue about anything,
except politics. Bill run an eight year administration on
running for office. He nor his co-president accomplished
absolutely nothing. Well he did make out with an intern and
the nose, Babara S. who Billiary kicked out of the WH.
Whe didn't answer any hard question last night. And her
questioner is accused of "busting" the rules.

Oh, and who was it that was so critical of the WH homeland
security folks and their little practice news interview.......

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
No shit!?! Barbra Streisand?

I hadn't heard that one...or, if I had, I'd forgotten.

:lmao

Oh, and to your other point, Hillary can't manage to keep track of her billing records or remember hiring people with high level access to White House files...so, how's she going to run the entire executive branch.

I've been looking all day for a quote I saw the other day, from a former Clinton administration official involved in the HillaryCare fiasco who, and paraphrasing here, said in the mid 90's, "God help us all if she ever gets close to another government program."

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Kerry was a war pussie.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM

Yep, I wonder whats in theose 100+ pages of ducuments he's afraid to release?

Could it be a dishonorable discharge...

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
What did I miss... Are you saying Kerry was a volunteer?

Hardly. His deferments ran out.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Actually, President Bush volunteered for combat duty and was rejected.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war. When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

John Kerry in 1986

I suppose you don't have a bush quote to back up your claim and a supposed kerry quote. where did you find the kerry quote? the national enquirer :lol

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Well I have given this enough time. Everyone wants to get off
into Kerry's lost, which that is what is was Presidential bid. But everyone
avoids they whole thing of the post. Hillary cant answer a
hard question. Why? She doesn't have a clue about anything,
except politics. Bill run an eight year administration on
running for office. He nor his co-president accomplished
absolutely nothing. Well he did make out with an intern and
the nose, Babara S. who Billiary kicked out of the WH.
Whe didn't answer any hard question last night. And her
questioner is accused of "busting" the rules.

Oh, and who was it that was so critical of the WH homeland
security folks and their little practice news interview.......

ok ray if i can find a republican candidate(s) that did not answer specific yes or no questions would we then assume, according to you, that they won't answer hard questions?

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Kerry was a war pussie.

well the chickenhawk in office, alabama shore protector had a dentist note to prove he was in alabama serving .. :lol you must be proud that 2 guys who avoided service at all costs have no problem sending others to die needlessly.. who is the pussy? yet the guy who actually fired a shot in vietnam is the pussy?? I take the guy who showed uo as opposed to the guys who pussed out..

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM
I suppose you don't have a bush quote to back up your claim...
Wasn't widely reported at the time because it didn't fit the Bush-bashing narrative the media was doling out.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/53159/page/4

The standard rap against Bush is that he was ducking combat by joining the Guard. Actually, the Texas Air Guard had a program called Palace Alert that allowed pilots to volunteer for flight time in Vietnam. Three of Bush's fellow pilots--Udell, Woodfin and Fred Bradley--recalled to NEWSWEEK that Bush inquired with the base commander about signing up for Palace Alert. He was told no; he had too few flying hours at the time and his plane, the F-102, was by then deemed obsolete for air combat.

...and a supposed kerry quote. where did you find the kerry quote? the national enquirer :lol

Nicholas D. Krostof printed the quote (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/18/opinion/18kristof.html) in a September 2004 opinion piece in the New York Times:

Did Mr. Kerry volunteer for dangerous duty? Not as much as his campaign would like you to believe. The Kerry Web site declares, "As he was graduating from Yale, John Kerry volunteered to serve in Vietnam - because, as he later said, 'It was the right thing to do.' "

In fact, as Mr. Kerry was about to graduate from Yale, he was inquiring about getting an educational deferment to study in Europe. When that got nowhere, he volunteered for the Navy, which was much less likely to involve danger in Vietnam than other services. After a year on a ship in the ocean, Mr. Kerry volunteered for Swift boats, but at that time they were used only in Vietnam's coastal waters. A short time later, the Swift boats were assigned exceptionally dangerous duties up Vietnamese rivers. "When I signed up for the Swift boats, they had very little to do with the war,'' Mr. Kerry wrote in 1986, adding, "I didn't really want to get involved in the war."

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 04:53 PM
ok ray if i can find a republican candidate(s) that did not answer specific yes or no questions would we then assume, according to you, that they won't answer hard questions?

Well guess we can eliminate GGA on trying to answer
any hard questions too. Come on GGA, quite playing
games and add something to the conversation for a
change.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I suppose you don't have a bush quote to back up your claim and a supposed kerry quote. where did you find the kerry quote? the national enquirer :lol
I don't know where he found it, but I found several articles. Just a simple search...

Swift Boat Accounts Incomplete (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html), part of article:

Boats Thrown Into Fight

When Kerry signed up to command a Swift boat in the summer of 1968, he was inspired by the example of his hero, John F. Kennedy, who had commanded the PT-109 patrol boat in the Pacific in World War II. But Kerry had little expectation of seeing serious action. At the time the Swift boats -- or PCFs (patrol craft fast), in Navy jargon -- were largely restricted to coastal patrols. "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry wrote in a book of war reminiscences published in 1986.

clambake
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
i sure hope kerry doesn't win.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
well the chickenhawk in office, alabama shore protector had a dentist note to prove he was in alabama serving .. :lol you must be proud that 2 guys who avoided service at all costs have no problem sending others to die needlessly.. who is the pussy? yet the guy who actually fired a shot in vietnam is the pussy?? I take the guy who showed uo as opposed to the guys who pussed out..
Kerry only volunteered because he would have been drafted otherwise. The Navy was far safer than the Army. There is plenty of evidence that his association with the Kennedy family allowed him to get a choice assignment. He would have otherwise been in more danger. As for Lt. Bush. He had to pass rather strict tests to get his assignment, even if he did have help getting there. If he failed, he would have been likely ended up in any line unit position.

clambake
10-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Kerry only volunteered because he would have been drafted otherwise. The Navy was far safer than the Army. There is plenty of evidence that his association with the Kennedy family allowed him to get a choice assignment. He would have otherwise been in more danger. As for Lt. Bush. He had to pass rather strict tests to get his assignment, even if he did have help getting there. If he failed, he would have been likely ended up in any line unit position.
exactly how much horseshit do you have stored away?

you make it sound like kerry was stationed at an antennae farm.

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 06:36 PM
you make it sound like kerry was stationed at an antennae farm.
Well, I think his Swift Boat duty was safer. I've seen people get electocuted from the high power used.

clambake
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
should have shut down the fuse box first. you must have been the smartest guy there.