PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Mavs Fans!

Humble Billy Hayes
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
This is it Mavs fans! The day has come! The day where we finally erase the nightmares of seasons past. It begins tonight! The day where our previous playoff death is erased, and we begin a new life. A new season. A new world. The ultimate prize is at stake! It is ours for the taking! Mavs fans, this is the season we have been waiting for our entire lives. This is the year that the Mavericks finally realize their purpose. The Mavericks will rule without mercy, delivering utter domination to the rest of this league. Everyone will bow down to the power & glory of the Mavs! And we will rest our balls on their forehead. This year, if the NBA was a boxing match, we'd be Rocky in the final round against Drago! If the NBA was a music competition, the Mavericks would be Kelly Clarkson and the rest of the NBA would be the dork with Sideshow Bob hair. If the NBA was gay sex, the Mavericks would be the butch, the top, the bear, whatever. If the NBA was a rodeo, the Mavericks would be Luke Perry. We are the kings of the NBA this year! If you want to crown us then go ahead and crown our ass! The Mavericks are who you think we are Mavs fans! The BEST! Don't fuck with the king cuz the king ain't fuckin around this year! Dirk Nowitzki is gonna bring the blitzkreig! Jason Terry is gonna cap some fools! JJ Barea is gonna go loco on you vatos! Nick Fazekas is gonna slam the competition with white oppression! We are the greatest team in the history of professional basketball in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and beyond! Far beyond! We're going to dominate the league like Hootie & The Blowfish's first album, except without all the resulting negative backlash!

Don't tell me we can't do it. Anybody who thinks we can't do it can get the fuck off the Mav train right now! Losing is not an option! Last year is forgotten! Are you pumped, Mavs Fans! Stop what you're doing and scream for the Mavs! Mercy will not be shown! Anger will be displayed! Vengeance will be had! Everybody will fear us! Relish in this year! I know I will! Corks will be popped in the Mavs locker room at the end of this season! Kodiak bears don't stand a chance against these guys! So many years of torment will be gone, and it starts TONIGHT!

By the way, you should be reading this while listening to dramatic pop music of your choosing. If you aren't, then pop in All-American Rejects "It Ends Tonight" or the dramatic pop song of your choosing and start over again!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

MAV FAN ROLL CALL!!!!!

Where you at ponky?
Where you at Findog?
Where you at mavsfan1000?
Where you at dirk4mvp?
Where you at stretch?
Where you at Shank?
Where you at monosylab1k?
Where you at mavs>spurs?
Where you at LEONARD?
Where you at pussyface?
Where you at Flight3107?
Where you at Amarelooms? On second thought, who cares.
Where you at MavericksDynasty?
Where you at Islymore?
Where you at adrienne?
Where you at Dirk Nowitzki?

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

This is a time for celebration, Mavs fans! This season is going to be rocking and rolling! We're going to Annihilate Atlanta! We're going to Bash Boston! We're going to Crush Chicago! We're going to Cream Cleveland! We're going to Destroy Denver! We're going to Devastate Detroit! We're going to Humiliate Houston! We're going to Mash Memphis! We're going to Massacre Miami! We're going to Nut-Kick New Jersey! We're going to Obliterate Orlando! We're going to Pecker Slap Phoenix! We're going to Spank San Antonio! We're going to Tear Up Toronto! We're going to Uberpwn Utah!

TEAM FREE THROW ROLL CALL!!!!!!!!!

Dirk Nowitzki, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Josh Howard, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Jason Terry, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Devin Harris, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Erick Dampier, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Jerry Stackhouse, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
DeSagana Diop, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Brandon Bass, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Nick Fazekas, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Eddie Jones, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Juwan Howard, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Trenton Hassell, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
JJ Barea, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!
Maurice Ager, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
haha, this was funny as hell!

Indeed, this coming season, the other 28 teams, plus the Timberwolves, are going to experience something akin to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson heading to a prison filled with angry dykes brandishing brooms. It will be ugly, and the Mavs are going to be those angry rug doctors wielding the brooms!

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
This is a time for celebration, Mavs fans! This season is going to be rocking and rolling! We're going to Annihilate Atlanta! We're going to Bash Boston! We're going to Crush Chicago! We're going to Cream Cleveland! We're going to Destroy Denver! We're going to Devastate Detroit! We're going to Humiliate Houston! We're going to Mash Memphis! We're going to Massacre Miami! We're going to Nut-Kick New Jersey! We're going to Obliterate Orlando! We're going to Pecker Slap Phoenix! We're going to Spank San Antonio! We're going to Tear Up Toronto! We're going to Uberpwn Utah!

I can't help but notice there's no "G" entry. :lol

Oh well, Superman had his kryptonite. I hereby offer up a $20 bounty on Baron Davis' hamstrings.

EJFischer
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM

Oh well, Superman had his kryptonite. I hereby offer up a $20 bounty on Baron Davis' hamstrings.

You might want to choose a different body part. Historical evidence suggests that taking away his hamstrings won't really help the Mavs that much.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-31-2007, 10:56 AM
This is it Mavs fans! The day has come! The day where we finally erase the nightmares of seasons past. It begins tonight! The day where our previous playoff death is erased, and we begin a new life. A new season. A new world. The ultimate prize is at stake! It is ours for the taking! Mavs fans, this is the season we have been waiting for our entire lives. This is the year that the Mavericks finally realize their purpose. The Mavericks will rule without mercy, delivering utter domination to the rest of this league. Everyone will bow down to the power & glory of the Mavs! And we will rest our balls on their forehead. This year, if the NBA was a boxing match, we'd be Rocky in the final round against Drago! If the NBA was a music competition, the Mavericks would be Kelly Clarkson and the rest of the NBA would be the dork with Sideshow Bob hair. If the NBA was gay sex, the Mavericks would be the butch, the top, the bear, whatever. If the NBA was a rodeo, the Mavericks would be Luke Perry. We are the kings of the NBA this year! If you want to crown us then go ahead and crown our ass! The Mavericks are who you think we are Mavs fans! The BEST! Don't fuck with the king cuz the king ain't fuckin around this year! Dirk Nowitzki is gonna bring the blitzkreig! Jason Terry is gonna cap some fools! JJ Barea is gonna go loco on you vatos! Nick Fazekas is gonna slam the competition with white oppression! We are the greatest team in the history of professional basketball in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and beyond! Far beyond! We're going to dominate the league like Hootie & The Blowfish's first album, except without all the resulting negative backlash!

Don't tell me we can't do it. Anybody who thinks we can't do it can get the fuck off the Mav train right now! Losing is not an option! Last year is forgotten! Are you pumped, Mavs Fans! Stop what you're doing and scream for the Mavs! Mercy will not be shown! Anger will be displayed! Vengeance will be had! Everybody will fear us! Relish in this year! I know I will! Corks will be popped in the Mavs locker room at the end of this season! Kodiak bears don't stand a chance against these guys! So many years of torment will be gone, and it starts TONIGHT!

By the way, you should be reading this while listening to dramatic pop music of your choosing. If you aren't, then pop in All-American Rejects "It Ends Tonight" or the dramatic pop song of your choosing and start over again!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

MAV FAN ROLL CALL!!!!!

Where you at ponky?
Where you at Findog?
Where you at dirk4mvp?
Where you at stretch?
Where you at Shank
Where you at mavs>spurs?
Where you at LEONARD?
Where you at pussyface?
Where you at Flight3107?
Where you at Islymore?
Where you at adrienne?

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80376

And how dare you leave me out of the Mavs fan roll call! :madrun :madrun :td :flipoff :rolleyes :lol :downspin:

Humble Billy Hayes
10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I apologize Dirk! You've been added! Any other Mav fans that need to be added to the roll call, let me know!

Dirk Nowitzki
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
I apologize Dirk! You've been added! Any other Mav fans that need to be added to the roll call, let me know!

No problem man. :lol Im just messing with you. I do LOVE your optimism. I cant be the only one to energize the Mavs nation. BTW in response to your post...LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2007, 11:22 AM
LETS GO MAVS!!!!!!!! :elephant :spin :blah :hungry:

damn that felt good

Findog
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
LETS GO MAVS!!!!!!!! :elephant :spin :blah :hungry:

damn that felt good

It sure does. The Dirk Nowitzki redemption tour starts tonight.

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM

Good luck getting past his personal trigger man.

Jackson will bust a cap.

bdictjames
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Where you at Amarelooms? On second thought, who cares
:lol

Findog
10-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Good luck getting past his personal trigger man.

Jackson will bust a cap.

He's a changed man.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2342/1809660342_e46fd55664_o.png

101A
10-31-2007, 01:04 PM

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

MAV FAN ROLL CALL!!!!!

Where you at ponky?
Where you at Findog?
Where you at dirk4mvp?
Where you at stretch?
Where you at Shank?
Where you at mavs>spurs?
Where you at LEONARD?
Where you at pussyface?
Where you at Flight3107?
Where you at Islymore?
Where you at adrienne?
Where you at Dirk Nowitzki?

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!
LET'S GO MAVS!

Ummm.

You do realize that NOTHING is going to erase last year embarassment/disappointment short of a title...and that cannot happen until next June.

You of all people should know that regular season victories, which tonite might or might not be, MEAN NOTHING. NOBODY will believe in the Mavs until they can win a playoff series. NOBODY (including you).

Findog
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Ummm.

You do realize that NOTHING is going to erase last year embarassment/disappointment short of a title...and that cannot happen until next June.

YHBT. HAND.

You of all people should know that regular season victories, which tonite might or might not be, MEAN NOTHING. NOBODY will believe in the Mavs until they can win a playoff series. NOBODY (including you)

Uh, yeah, that's the real Billy Hayes posting on Spurstalk.

And1Mak
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/HSMak/Resiliency.jpg

Findog
10-31-2007, 02:02 PM
^ That's just asking for trouble on this board. I get tired of all the unfair Dirk choker talk, so I don't initiate stuff.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-31-2007, 02:07 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w95/HSMak/Resiliency.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/Mr_Bottomtooth/elson.jpg

Trainwreck2100
10-31-2007, 02:19 PM
^ That's just asking for trouble on this board. I get tired of all the unfair Dirk choker talk, so I don't initiate stuff.

it's not unfair, he choked in the Finals specifically the FT in game three, then he choked again last year.

Findog
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
it's not unfair, he choked in the Finals specifically the FT in game three, then he choked again last year.

One missed free throw isn't a choke job. You don't choke away four games with one missed free throw. If he makes it, the game goes into overtime, it didn't guarantee a win for the Mavs. He came up big in the final two games of the Miami series, the Heat were simply a smidge better than Dallas.

The one thing I despise about "choke" talk, whether it's applied to my team, the Cleveland Indians, or anybody else, is that it posits that the team that came from behind to win did nothing to earn their victory, they were simply the lucky recipients of the losing team doing everything wrong to give it away. It's a very surface and facile analysis. There's certainly a grain of truth to some of the criticism directed his way, as well as his team, but that's all it is, it's far from the whole story.

Nashfan
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I think you might have forgotten your meds today, Humble Billy Hayes! :lol Some of you Mav fans are prone to getting overly excited way too early in the season. :)

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I think you might have forgotten your meds today, Humble Billy Hayes! :lol Some of you Mav fans are prone to getting overly excited way too early in the season. :)
:lmao @ sun fan talking about other fans being too excited for regular season play. Your team is built entirely for regular season success and NOTHING MORE.

Spurminator
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Chris Arnold troll in 3... 2....

Findog
10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Chris Arnold troll in 3... 2....

Is it just me or does he exhibit the demeanor of a crack addict desperate for a fix?

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Is it just me or does he exhibit the demeanor of a crack addict desperate for a fix?
He is 10x more annoying than Humble Billy. Especially because they go to him at damn near every timeout these days.

I was at Game 5 of Mavs-Warriors, and when the Warriors went up 9 in the 4th (immediately before the 1 minute that Dirk showed up for the entire series) during that timeout they went to Chris Arnold for the 50th time that game and, no lie, he was SHOWERED with boos from the entire crowd. It was fuckin hilarious.

Nashfan
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
:lmao @ sun fan talking about other fans being too excited for regular season play. Your team is built entirely for regular season success and NOTHING MORE.

Oh come on, even you have to admit that his post was over the top. :rolleyes Also, I wouldn't go bragging about whose team is built for the playoffs since your team failed to make it out of the first round last year. :)

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh come on, even you have to admit that his post was over the top. :rolleyes Also, I wouldn't go bragging about whose team is built for the playoffs since your team failed to make it out of the first round last year. :)
Have Steve get to the Finals just once and we'll talk.

Findog
10-31-2007, 04:16 PM

Of course it's over the top, it's meant to be. HBH is doing schtick.

Findog
10-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Have Steve get to the Finals just once and we'll talk.

Hey, according to umpteen "experts" at ESPN and elsewhere, this is the Suns year, they are brimming with motivation and they're on a mission!

I like the "motivation" angle the best, like San Antonio doesn't want to repeat and Dallas doesn't want to atone for the last two series and prove its critics wrong.

Nashfan
10-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Of course it's over the top, it's meant to be. HBH is doing schtick.

It may be schtick, but it is rather annoying. :lol

Nashfan
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, according to umpteen "experts" at ESPN and elsewhere, this is the Suns year, they are brimming with motivation and they're on a mission!

I like the "motivation" angle the best, like San Antonio doesn't want to repeat and Dallas doesn't want to atone for the last two series and prove its critics wrong.

Do you really take what Espn spouts seriously? :lol

Xylus
10-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Haha, I love this guy's enthusiasm. :)

Strike
10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
haha, this was funny as hell!

Indeed, this coming season, the other 28 teams, plus the Timberwolves, are going to experience something akin to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson heading to a prison filled with angry dykes brandishing brooms. It will be ugly, and the Mavs are going to be those angry rug doctors wielding the brooms!

Well, Dirk Nowitzki is a big bitch, so the dyke reference fits.

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM

anybody remember who was on a "mission" last year?

oh yeah.

I guess we're looking at a Suns 1st round flameout.

Findog
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Do you really take what Espn spouts seriously? :lol

Some of the guys employed by ESPN are former players. Most of the blogs I read are picking Phoenix too. I wouldn't mind if they provided solid X's and O's reasons for doing so, but it just seems to be "this is their year!" cheerleading. I get it, the Suns are pretty popular with hoops junkies because of the style they play, but it seems like a lot of these people are talking themselves into picking Phoenix because of how likeable Nash is, how San Antonio is his personal Moby Dick, and the feeling that they somehow got jipped in the semis last year.

Findog
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, Dirk Nowitzki is a big bitch, so the dyke reference fits.

Careful, we've given you the broom 8 out of the last 12 times.

Spurs should be favored to repeat, so what spider crawled into your shorts?

Xylus
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Some of the guys employed by ESPN are former players. Most of the blogs I read are picking Phoenix too. I wouldn't mind if they provided solid X's and O's reasons for doing so, but it just seems to be "this is their year!" cheerleading. I get it, the Suns are pretty popular with hoops junkies because of the style they play, but it seems like a lot of these people are talking themselves into picking Phoenix because of how likeable Nash is, how San Antonio is his personal Moby Dick, and the feeling that they somehow got jipped in the semis last year.
You care too much about the opinions of a few sports journalists.

From what I've seen, most have predicted a Spurs repeat, anyway.

Strike
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Careful, we've given you the broom 8 out of the last 12 times.

Spurs should be favored to repeat, so what spider crawled into your shorts?

Besides the fact that Dirk Nowitzki is a big bitch? Simple. I'm a 20 year Spurs fan and I despise Nowitzki and the Mavericks.

Who has 4 rings?

Thank you.

Findog
10-31-2007, 04:39 PM

Maybe I do, it's just been a looooooooooong offseason and hopefully the Mavs can start proving some people wrong. Of course, that can't happen till May, but at least in the meantime there are games to finally play.

Indazone
10-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Hahaha Don Nelson Owns Your Sorry Asses

Nashfan
10-31-2007, 04:41 PM

Yeah, what he said Findog. :)

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 04:58 PM
that 9 minute, 0 point performance was impressive. Way to make your NBA debut, I doubt Oberto even sucked that bad.

Findog
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Who has 4 rings?

Thank you.

Exactly, so why get menstrual cramps over Dirk Nowitzki?

Findog
10-31-2007, 05:02 PM

The second round owns yours

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Who has 4 rings?
Joe Montana?

Strike
Exactly, so why get menstrual cramps over Dirk Nowitzki?

I think he's a big bitch and I don't like him.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Strike
Joe Montanta?

Montana was a big sissy too. But he has the rings and the resume so he deserves respect.

monosylab1k
10-31-2007, 05:05 PM
The second round owns yours
Don't you have to get to the second round in order to be owned by it?

Findog
10-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Montana was a big sissy too. But he has the rings and the resume so he deserves respect.

So therefore Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade and Chauncey Billups are the only active players worthy of respect? Okay, then.

Findog
10-31-2007, 05:10 PM
I think he's a big bitch and I don't like him.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Dirk has always struck me as a good guy, a very team-oriented person, has his priorities in order, but whatever. I hate the Suns but I love Steve Nash. I hate the Spurs but I don't see how you can have nothing but respect for Duncan. Same with Houston and McGrady. Or is this because Dirk sent you guys home? I'm just honestly curious, because I have personally always been able to admire or at least respect certain players on teams that I hated, like Jeter with the Yankees, Kobe with the Lakers. I can understand despising a rival, and I'm guessing that tongue-wagging thing Dirk does after he makes a basket is annoying, but I'm just honestly surprised at the hate.

Findog
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Don't you have to get to the second round in order to be owned by it?

Something your Rockets fan under the age of 25 knows nothing about.

Flight3107
10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
:king

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Cleveland doesn't even look like a playoff team out there..

dirk4mvp
10-31-2007, 07:55 PM
Bass is a beast.

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2007, 07:56 PM
So far i'm really impressed with Bass as well. Dude looks like he is ready to come in and contribute immediately.

StylisticS
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
?? Probably because I'm not as vocal as I am about the Cowboys but I rep the Mavs as well on here.

Strike
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Dirk has always struck me as a good guy, a very team-oriented person, has his priorities in order, but whatever. I hate the Suns but I love Steve Nash. I hate the Spurs but I don't see how you can have nothing but respect for Duncan. Same with Houston and McGrady. Or is this because Dirk sent you guys home? I'm just honestly curious, because I have personally always been able to admire or at least respect certain players on teams that I hated, like Jeter with the Yankees, Kobe with the Lakers. I can understand despising a rival, and I'm guessing that tongue-wagging thing Dirk does after he makes a basket is annoying, but I'm just honestly surprised at the hate.

:dramaquee

And I'm honestly surprised that you give a crap about what I think about your team. Does my disdain for the Mavs affect your love for them?

I had no idea that my thoughs on your team carried so much weight with you. Kinda nice to be held in such high regard by some dude on a message board.

Findog
10-31-2007, 08:56 PM
:dramaquee

And I'm honestly surprised that you give a crap about what I think about your team. Does my disdain for the Mavs affect your love for them?

I had no idea that my thoughs on your team carried so much weight with you. Kinda nice to be held in such high regard by some dude on a message board.

I'm always curious what other team's fans think, aside from trolls. I'm naturally biased towards my team, I like having an outsider's perspective. You strike me a as a troll, so on second thought, I don't care much what you think, as opposed to FromWayDowntown, Duncan228, mardigan, etc.

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Bass is a beast.

He's playing a bit out of control but he's active and I like that. It's the Cavs, so no need to get carried away, but Devin is boss out there. He's one of the main reasons we're killing them.

dirk4mvp
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, he's a little wild out there, but he's playin pretty physical, and that's something we could use.

And Jet has been lights out so far...5-6 from 3's.

Findog
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, he's a little wild out there, but he's playin pretty physical, and that's something we could use.

And Jet has been lights out so far...5-6 from 3's.

The Cavs went to the Finals last year and we're killing them without Josh and Damp.

mavsfan1000
10-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Haha this proves how weak the east really is. They are pathetic.

dirk4mvp
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Terry 6MOTY

Amarelooms
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
The Cavs went to the Finals last year and we're killing them without Josh and Damp.

Cavs are not fully healthy either. Drew Gooden would look good in a Mavs uni...Cuban should make that happen :elephant

StylisticS
10-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Cavs are not fully healthy either. Drew Gooden would look good in a Mavs uni...Cuban should make that happen :elephant

no he shouldn't. Keep him in Cleveland.

dirk4mvp
10-31-2007, 09:53 PM

gtfo

10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
go mavs go congratulations on your first win dallas mavs :clap :clap :clap :clap .now 3 texas team need to stay on top of the
division.
go mavs go :clap :clap :clap
go spurs go :clap :clap :clap
go rockets go :clap :clap :clap
we need show support all 3 texas team.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Dirk Nowitzki
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM

Having faith in the Mavs is a crime in Spurs Nation and it pisses them off. ALL Mavs fans, players, Cuban etc they are all jealous of the Spurs. Anyone with a nutsack can admit that. Yet us having faith in our team is such a crime. We arent allowed to get excited about our teams chances. I hate the Spurs simply because I am jealous of them yet I love Finley (happy to see him win that ring) and I respect that entire organization.

clambake
11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
it's one game, cleveland was flat. how long will bass look this way? jones is a decent addition. i wouldn't make any mindblowing trades.

Strike
11-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm always curious what other team's fans think, aside from trolls. I'm naturally biased towards my team, I like having an outsider's perspective. You strike me a as a troll, so on second thought, I don't care much what you think, as opposed to FromWayDowntown, Duncan228, mardigan, etc.

Seriously, I've never liked the Mavericks. They're a team I've just never gravitated towards. Though I do respect the way they've turned things around over the past several years during the Cuban era.

On another note, You're actually one of the few Mav fans here whose takes I mostly respect.

Findog
11-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Seriously, I've never liked the Mavericks. They're a team I've just never gravitated towards. Though I do respect the way they've turned things around over the past several years during the Cuban era.

On another note, You're actually one of the few Mav fans here whose takes I mostly respect.

Well, that's fair, and part of the reason why I'm here is that Spurs fans tend to be pretty knowledgeable, I'm guessing because they've only been bad once (mid to late eighties) and it's a one-team town. The Mavs fanbase is pretty bandwagony and took on a lot of newcomers after the move from Reunion to AAC. There aren't many good Mavs boards.

Strike
11-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I can dig that.

As much as I hated seeing the Spurs get ousted in '06, I still think of it as the best 7 game series I've ever seen short of the '05 Finals and the '90 second round series (Portland and San Antonio during Robinson's rookie year).

Findog
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I can dig that.

As much as I hated seeing the Spurs get ousted in '06, I still think of it as the best 7 game series I've ever seen short of the '05 Finals and the '90 second round series (Portland and San Antonio during Robinson's rookie year).

Yeah, I couldn't have been too upset if we had lost that series, because it's an honor to be a part of something that special. I remember that SAS-Port series. I actually used to like the Spurs when the Mavs were fucking terrible.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-01-2007, 12:23 PM
No problem man. :lol Im just messing with you. I do LOVE your optimism. I cant be the only one to energize the Mavs nation. BTW in response to your post...LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap :clapin case of history repeating itself.......which it will

http://elcolombre.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/zoloft5030all.jpg

DubMcDub
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Having faith in the Mavs is a crime in Spurs Nation and it pisses them off. ALL Mavs fans, players, Cuban etc they are all jealous of the Spurs. Anyone with a nutsack can admit that. Yet us having faith in our team is such a crime. We arent allowed to get excited about our teams chances. I hate the Spurs simply because I am jealous of them yet I love Finley (happy to see him win that ring) and I respect that entire organization.

A lot of spurs fans don't like us cause we don't bow down to them throwing up the 3 (now 4) fingers in our face. I think they find it immensely frustrating that they could win the next 5 championships and a good portion of Mavs fans would still refuse to acknowledge their superiority (granted, this would be quite unjustified on our part).

Not sure why a team of their caliber is so concerned with what the poor Mavericks fans do or think, but hey, I'd probably have a inferiority complex towards Dallas too if I lived in San Antonio.

Walter Craparita
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I'd probably have a inferiority complex towards Dallas too if I lived in San Antonio.

hahah, that's the best you could come up with? I'd prefer a small town on the bay like Rockport/Fulton/Lamar/etc instead of some big city who tries to outdo their neighbors. S.A. will eventually be a huge mainstream city and the Spurs will lose their uniqueness.

Only reason I don't like the Mavs is because AJ decided to coach the next best team during the dynasty run he helped to create (lol)