PDA

View Full Version : 08 Free Agents

ATRAIN
10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/10/29/bc.bbo.free.agent.list.ap/index.html

Free Agent List
Posted: Monday October 29, 2007 9:34PM; Updated: Wednesday October 31, 2007 2:08AM

AMERICAN LEAGUE
BALTIMORE (1) Paul Bako, c.
BOSTON (4) Matt Clement, rhp; Eric Hinske, 1b/of; Bobby Kielty, of; Curt Schilling, rhp.
CLEVELAND (3) Chris Gomez, inf; Kenny Lofton, of; Trot Nixon, of.
CHICAGO (2) Darin Erstad, of; Mike Myers, lhp.
DETROIT (3) Sean Casey, 1b; Todd Jones, rhp; Neifi Perez, ss.
KANSAS CITY (3) Jason LaRue, c; David Riske, rhp; Reggie Sanders, of.
LOS ANGELES (1) Bartolo Colon, rhp.
MINNESOTA (3) Torii Hunter, of; Carlos Silva, rhp; Rondell White, of.
NEW YORK (6) Doug Mientkiewicz, 1b; Jose Molina, c; Jorge Posada, c; Alex Rodriguez 3b; Mariano Rivera, rhp; Luis Vizcaino, rhp.
OAKLAND (3) Jeffrey DaVanon, of; Mike Piazza, c; Shannon Stewart, of.
SEATTLE (1) Arthur Rhodes, lhp.
TAMPA BAY (1) Josh Paul, c.
TEXAS (2) Jerry Hairston, 2b/of; Sammy Sosa, of.
TORONTO (3) Sal Fasano, c; Joe Kennedy, lhp; Matt Stairs, of.
NATIONAL LEAGUE
ARIZONA (4) Jeff Cirillo, 3b; Tony Clark, 1b; Livan Hernandez, rhp; Bob Wickman, rhp.
ATLANTA (3) Julio Franco, 1b; Ron Mahay, lhp; Chris Woodward, ss.
CHICAGO (2) Jason Kendall, c; Kerry Wood, rhp.
CINCINNATI (1) Eric Milton, lhp.
COLORADO (3) Jeremy Affeldt, lhp; Elmer Dessens, rhp; Jorge Julio, rhp.
FLORIDA (2) Armando Benitez, rhp; Aaron Boone, 3b.
HOUSTON (7) Brad Ausmus, c; Jason Jennings, rhp; Mike Lamb, 3b; Mark Loretta, ss; Trever Miller, lhp; Brian Moehler, rhp; Orlando Palmeiro, of.
LOS ANGELES (3) Rudy Seanez, rhp; Mark Sweeney, 1b; David Wells, lhp.
MILWAUKEE (7) Francisco Cordero, rhp; Tony Graffanino, inf; Geoff Jenkins, of; Ray King, lhp; Corey Koskie, 3b; Scott Linebrink, rhp; Damian Miller, c.
NEW YORK (9) Sandy Alomar, c; Marlon Anderson, of; Luis Castillo, 2b; Ramon Castro, c; Mike DiFelice, c; Damion Easley, 2b; Shawn Green, of; Paul Lo Duca, c; Aaron Sele, rhp.
PHILADELPHIA (6) Antonio Alfonseca, rhp; Jon Lieber, rhp; Jose Mesa, rhp; Abraham Nunez, 3b; J.C. Romero, lhp; Aaron Rowand, of.
PITTSBURGH (2) Tony Armas, rhp; Shawn Chacon, rhp.
ST. LOUIS (5) Russell Branyan, 3b; Miguel Cairo, inf; David Eckstein, ss; Troy Percival, rhp; Kip Wells, rhp.
SAN DIEGO (4) Michael Barrett, c; Geoff Blum, 2b; Milton Bradley, of; Doug Brocail, rhp.
SAN FRANCISCO (3) Barry Bonds, of; Pedro Feliz, 3b; Russ Ortiz, rhp.
WASHINGTON (3) Tony Batista, 3b; Robert Fick, 1b; D'Angelo Jimenez, 2b.

ATRAIN
10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I hope the stros resign lamb and Loretta.

Reggie Miller
10-31-2007, 12:13 PM
I pray to God that the Tigers dump Neifi Perez.

ATRAIN
10-31-2007, 12:20 PM
I feel the same way about Jennings, we shouldnt have traded for that piece of shit in the first place.

Thunder Dan
10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Man I hope the Indians sign Sandy Alomar, Kenny Lofton and Jose Mesa. It's about time to rebuild that 1995 team.

But in all honesty there isn't a player on that list I would kill to have, possibly Rivera. But I just want the Tribe to keep Chris Gomez, that's all I'm a simple man with simple wishes.

Reggie Miller
10-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Man I hope the Indians sign Sandy Alomar, Kenny Lofton and Jose Mesa. It's about time to rebuild that 1995 team.

But in all honesty there isn't a player on that list I would kill to have, possibly Rivera. But I just want the Tribe to keep Chris Gomez, that's all I'm a simple man with simple wishes.

I have to agree. Most of the better position players on that list are well into their decline phase. If Casey will resign with the Tigers for role player money, I wouldn't mind having him, but not for what he probably wants.

K-State Spur
10-31-2007, 01:45 PM
All in all, it's a pretty mediocre list. Any team looking for a quick turnaround better be making some trades.

leemajors
10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
ausmus will be back with the stros next year. not everyday catcher, but probably will still catch roy i imagine. one year deal:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5257947.html

Jimcs50
11-01-2007, 08:22 AM
ausmus will be back with the stros next year. not everyday catcher, but probably will still catch roy i imagine. one year deal:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5257947.html

Either that or he will go to Padres, his hometown. Brad manages pitchers probably better than 95% of the catchers in the game, and that is his strong point, so he will be an asset to try to obtain or retain. He will be a great manager one day, that is a given.

T Park
11-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Supposedly the Cardinals and Curt Schilling have both contacted each other and there is significant interest :)

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Scott Linebrink, rhp; Kip Wells, rhp; Doug Brocail, rhp.

For the Diamondbacks, yes please!

Would love to sign/trade for a power lefty bat at either third or first base as well.

T Park
11-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Scott Linebrink, rhp; Kip Wells, rhp; Doug Brocail, rhp.

For the Diamondbacks, yes please

You do not want Kip Wells.

I REPEAT!

YOU DO NOT WANT KIP WELLS!!!

:lol

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 03:32 PM
The few times I saw him he looked pretty decent. I'm talking about a fifth starter. I mean, it's a FA or Petit and Nippert, one guy who's yet to prove he can last more than five innings consistantly, and another who's yet to prove he can last five inningsPERIOD

EDIT: I calculated his ERA vs. the NL West. In 40 innings he gave up 20 earned runs, which comes to a 4.5 ERA. He had 34 strikeouts in those 40 innings to just 13 walks. Take away his horrid start vs. the Dodgers and his ERA in 35 innings pitched vs. the NL West is 3.85 and his strikeouts remain at 34 and his walks fall to just 7. I'm telling you, he'd be a good signing for an NL West team.

T Park
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
You don't understand.

Kip Wells is HORRIBLE!!!!

TAKE THIS FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD TO ENDURE HIS STARTS!!! :lol

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I understand... however, for a fifth starter, I'll take a 4.5 ERA with a 3-1 K-to-BB ratio. He struggled against power offenses. In the NL West, he won't have to worry about the Brewers or their ilk but a handful of times per season, rather than last season's dozens of times.

T Park
11-03-2007, 10:13 PM
heres the problem

hes a nutcase and a cancer.

The guy will quit in the second inning.

Take it from a guy who watched him all year.

DO NOT WANT HIM!! Youll be sorry if you root for his signing.

djohn14
11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Under the Braves, you can add Andruw Jones.