PDA

View Full Version : I should pay more tax,...

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 01:02 PM
...says US billionaire Warren Buffett (http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2202020,00.html)

So, what's stopping him?

If Buffett truly thinks his taxes are too low, he is perfectly welcome to pay extra. The federal government has been accepting gifts from taxpayers since 1843. He could write a check today and mail it to:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 6D17
Hyattsville, MD 20782

That goes for the rest of you idiots who think you're not paying your fair share. Write them checks.

mookie2001
10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
every year everyone who pays the direct and unapportioned income tax is gifting it

clambake
10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
you tell'em yoni. Warren don't know who he's messin with. he is no match for you.

101A
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
every year everyone who pays the direct and unapportioned income tax is gifting itUnfortunately the IRS, and all of their (armed) supporters don't agree with you.

People who champion that belief, live by it, and have enough $$$ for the govt. to care about end up in jail.

mookie2001
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
you sound like a tax professional

the IRS is a criminal organization

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Neither one of you are making any fucking sense.

mookie2001
10-31-2007, 01:54 PM
our income tax is not direct and unapportioned?

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 01:58 PM
our income tax is not direct and unapportioned?
It's not voluntary...and, therefore, is not a gift.

I'm not sure what you mean by "direct and unapportioned."

mookie2001
10-31-2007, 02:01 PM
direct means on your WAGES, which are your personal property, apportioned would mean they divide all the taxes and give them back to us

im saying the irs is criminal because they have put people in jail and refuse to say what law theyre breaking

101A
10-31-2007, 02:06 PM
direct means on your WAGES, which are your personal property, apportioned would mean they divide all the taxes and give them back to us

im saying the irs is criminal because they have put people in jail and refuse to say what law theyre breakingAlthough you might have a point, Mookie; the key phrase you've used is "put people in jail."

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 02:08 PM
Okay, you're still not making much sense but, yes, the federal government has the ability to assess taxes on our incomes per the sixteenth amendment, ratified in 1913.

im saying the irs is criminal because they have put people in jail and refuse to say what law theyre breaking
Evasion of taxes, probably.

So.....now, I'm guessing you've been wording your posts in such a confusing manner because you're alluding to a belief, held by more than a few people, the sixteenth amendment wasn't legally ratified.

Am I correct?

mookie2001
10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
the supreme court ruled that gave "no new taxing powers", they didnt have them before and didnt have them after

give your money away if you want, i have in the past, just know you dont have to

xrayzebra
10-31-2007, 02:16 PM
I think that if he thinks he isn't paying enough a real simple
solution exist. Just write a check for more. The dimm-o-craps
will applaud him for his thoughtfulness. Me, I think he is
just a wealthy stupid liberal. Which he is.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 02:22 PM
the supreme court ruled that gave "no new taxing powers", they didnt have them before and didnt have them after
Cite please.

give your money away if you want, i have in the past, just know you dont have to
I don't give them any money. Thanks to liberals shifting the tax burden to the upper 50% of income-earners, I've not paid any income tax in quite a few years.

But, of course, my employer -- being burdened with the lion's share of the tax burden has had to supress my wages and benefits so he could pay his tax bill. Thankfully, the Bush tax cuts of 2003 have freed up some capital for him to invest in wages, technology, and benefits.

101A
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
The argument, I believe Yoni, is based on the definition of the word "income".

That "wages" are a trade - service for money; and are not taxable - and that somewhere a court agreed with that.

I've never studied it, because it doesn't matter. Whether legal or not, unconstitutional or not, it IS.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Whether legal or not, unconstitutional or not, it IS.
Well, at least until it isn't.

I'm not opposed to doing away with the current tax structure. I believe a consumption tax, as outlined in the Fair Tax Plan, is the best solution.

PixelPusher
10-31-2007, 03:50 PM
The $trillion+ WarOnTerrorŪ isn't going to pay for itself. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...just give the ol' Chinese Credit card another swipe and fuck the grandkids.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, at least until it isn't.

I'm not opposed to doing away with the current tax structure. I believe a consumption tax, as outlined in the Fair Tax Plan, is the best solution.

You know something I am willing to listen to new tax income ideas but there is one thing that is always lacking. When you try and sell the idea to the American public there is never accompanying infmormation as to what we, the citziens, lose in services. So to be fair all those who propose revamping the tax code should also tell us what is going to be taken away as a result. I think that's fair.

Yonivore
10-31-2007, 04:46 PM
You know something I am willing to listen to new tax income ideas but there is one thing that is always lacking. When you try and sell the idea to the American public there is never accompanying infmormation as to what we, the citziens, lose in services. So to be fair all those who propose revamping the tax code should also tell us what is going to be taken away as a result. I think that's fair.
Go to FairTax.org and read about it.

It answers exactly that question.

From the website:

What is the FairTax plan?

The FairTax plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with an integrated approach including a progressive national retail sales tax, a prebate to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality, and, through companion legislation, the repeal of the 16th Amendment.
So, you could maintain the current programs funded by the current tax structure. While I don't recommend that, of course, the FairTax Plan doesn't speak to what programs and services should be eliminated...it does, however, propose a plan that would DOLLAR-FOR-DOLLAR completely replace the current tax scheme.

boutons_
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
"you idiots who think you're not paying your fair share"

Has Yoni sent in his $7000 check to pay for his share of Iraq war? fuck no, he wants all the benefits with none of the pain. We'll all pay the oilcos as they gouge us with the oil grabbed in Iraq, and also pay the interest on the debt dubya has run up on credit in Iraq.

DarkReign
11-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Has Yoni sent in his $7000 check to pay for his share of Iraq war? fuck no, he wants all the benefits with none of the pain. We'll all pay the oilcos as they gouge us with the oil grabbed in Iraq, and also pay the interest on the debt dubya has run up on credit in Iraq.

Cmon....people who feel they arent paying their fair share are, in fact, idiots.

Yonivore
11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Cmon....people who feel they arent paying their fair share are, in fact, idiots.
Amen to that.

101A
11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Cmon....people who feel they arent paying their fair share are, in fact, idiots.Sig worthy.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2007, 03:05 PM
There are times when I paid far more than my fair share. When it gets past $20,000 in taxes, I get pissed!

xrayzebra
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM

boutons, will you send them 14 grand. Seven for you and
seven for me. That is the liberal thing to do. I knew
you would understand.

2Blonde
11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Re: Warren Buffett, he already gave up the majority of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Seems to me that he's doing more than paying his fair share. The purpose of his statement was simply to show wealthy Americans should pay the same PERCENTAGE of their income in to the federalgovernment as lower income wage earners do.

Yonivore
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Re: Warren Buffett, he already gave up the majority of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Seems to me that he's doing more than paying his fair share. The purpose of his statement was simply to show wealthy Americans should pay the same PERCENTAGE of their income in to the federalgovernment as lower income wage earners do.
Well, if he already gave up the majority of his fortune maybe he is paying his fair share. But, he's certainly welcome to gift more, if he likes.

DarkReign
11-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, if he already gave up the majority of his fortune maybe he is paying his fair share. But, he's certainly welcome to gift more, if he likes.

...to me.