PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odem in car crash

Shelly
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/31/laker-lamar-odom-crashes-injures-woman/

L.A. Lakers star Lamar Odom was involved in a two car crash in Hawthorne, Calif., yesterday morning which sent one person to the hospital.

Police sources tell TMZ they are investigating Odom for allegedly running a red light in his Mercedes and T-boning a Geo Prism driven by a 37-year-old woman. Firefighters had to use the Jaws of Life to extract the victim from the wreckage. The victim's family tells TMZ that she is in serious but stable condition with a head injury and injuries to her left leg.

Sources tell us neither alcohol nor drugs were a factor in the accident, adding Odom stayed with the victim and was very concerned about her well being.

Odom's rep was not immediately available for comment.

E20
10-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Hope the lady gets better.

Hopefully he gets back to the lineup soon, I picked him off waivers on a fantasy team of mine.

1Parker1
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Wow, hope everything works out ok. :(

bdictjames
10-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Damn.

Hopefully both are alright. This should be a wake-up call for Lamar to play like an All-Star triple doubler again.

MoSpur
10-31-2007, 03:40 PM
This guy can't seem to catch a break. The article states he ran the red light, which is something he could have prevented, but still this guy has had some misfortune lately.

LakeShow
10-31-2007, 03:45 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck, Odom would have no luck at all! :depressed

JMarkJohns
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
This guy can't seem to catch a break. The article states he ran the red light, which is something he could have prevented, but still this guy has had some misfortune lately.

Agreed. I never really liked him early in his career, but his misfortune has really made him a sympathetic figure of late. What he went through with losing a child I can't even begin to imagine, then always getting nagging injuries, but deciding to play through, only to have offseason surgery almost every offseason. This was probably avoidable (I can't really think of a circumstance where it couldn't be avoided), but I'm glad to hear no substance abuse was involved and that he was concerned for the victom more than himself.

PM5K
10-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Well at least the lady won't have to drive a Geo Metro ever again, thanks Lamar!

Medvedenko
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, I'm glad they are allright...get back on the floor lamar...still, the women will be set up for life.....still, insurance should cover it, but in the good old USA, she'll probably sue.

Strike
10-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm glad they are allright...get back on the floor lamar...still, the women will be set up for life.....still, insurance should cover it, but in the good old USA, she'll probably sue.

Well if he t-boned her after running a red light "in the good old USA", he broke the fucking law and caused injuries to another person. She should take his ass to court.

I commend Odom for staying with the victim but it sounds like it was his fault.

dougp
10-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Well if he t-boned her after running a red light "in the good old USA", he broke the fucking law and caused injuries to another person. She should take his ass to court.

I commend Odom for staying with the victim but it sounds like it was his fault.
Sue her for what, her injuries? That's all the has the rights to sue for ... being sue-happy has fucked the U.S. over more than anything else ...

Strike
10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Sue her for what, her injuries? That's all the has the rights to sue for ... being sue-happy has fucked the U.S. over more than anything else ...

Does she have bills? Does she have to work in order to pay those bills? Will she miss time at her job where she would earn money to pay those bills?

Injuries and medical expenses are only part of it. Now, I don't believe in punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress and all that shit as reasons to bilk another person. But she should be financially compensated in a matter where she would break even.

That's it.

dougp
10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Does she have bills? Does she have to work in order to pay those bills? Will she miss time at her job where she would earn money to pay those bills?

Injuries and medical expenses are only part of it. Now, I don't believe in punitive damages, pain and suffering, emotional distress and all that shit as reasons to bilk another person. But she should be financially compensated in a matter where she would break even.

That's it.
That's why long-term disability insurance exists - but chances are she could sue for time missed from work. Now, I see we agree about the punitive damages and that other crap.

boutons_
10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Her insurance company will sue if him if she doesn't, to cover the insurance company's losses.

If Lamar is lucky, BOTH the victim and her insurance company will sue him.

He'll probably have big fine and maybe lose his license, probation.

Then again, Lamar has many $Ms so will buy his way out of the mess.

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Lamar Odem in car crash

:lol Am I the only one who caught this?