PDA

View Full Version : Almost 40 Years Late

Wild Cobra
10-31-2007, 06:59 PM
But... better than never...

Amerasian Paternity Recognition Act (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.4007:)

Short explaination:

H. R. 4007

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide citizenship for certain children of United States servicemen born overseas during the Vietnam and Korean Wars.

I think we can all contact our representatives and agree this is a good bill for them to move and pass.

Congressional operator: (202) 224-3121

Ask for your representative.

RandomGuy
11-01-2007, 05:21 PM
But... better than never...

Amerasian Paternity Recognition Act (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.4007:)

Short explaination:

I think we can all contact our representatives and agree this is a good bill for them to move and pass.

Congressional operator: (202) 224-3121

Ask for your representative.

Very good bill, and a very ethical thing to do.

I wonder if we can help out the millions of displaced Iraqis as well? (not trying to be snarky, but we DO owe them a debt)

Wild Cobra
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Very good bill, and a very ethical thing to do.

I wonder if we can help out the millions of displaced Iraqis as well? (not trying to be snarky, but we DO owe them a debt)
It's too late for many, but one of the worse things that our nation allows is that service men knock up the locals, and leave children behind without a birthright. It's especially difficult for half-breads growing up in Asian countries.

My understanding is we have been allowing many displaced Iraqis already. Not a hot news item? Or am I wrong?

Spawn
11-02-2007, 05:04 AM
It's too late for many, but one of the worse things that our nation allows is that service men knock up the locals, and leave children behind without a birthright. It's especially difficult for half-breads growing up in Asian countries.

My understanding is we have been allowing many displaced Iraqis already. Not a hot news item? Or am I wrong?

We have been allowing in some displaced Iraqis, but not at the rate we helped out displaced Vietnamese. People believe that we could do much more for them.