PDA

View Full Version : Spurs games in San Antonio?

v2freak
10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
I recently moved to San Antonio, but my roommate just told me that there are no local channels just for the Spurs! When I lived in MA, they had channels just for the Red Sox and Celtics; is there nothing like that here? And how do most people watch the games?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, I just always assumed that the games would be more accessible here (excluding stuff like League Pass)

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
[Time Warner] whatever channel 7 is (with cable, 35 without I think), also KENS (channel 5 with cable)

Also, Fox Sports Southwest (26 with TW Cable)

GrandeDavid
10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
And how do most people watch the games?

With a beer in hand and their backside planted on a recliner.

exstatic
10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
We don't have a designated channel. You just have to check the schedule to see what channel it's on that night. Not much of a hardship. You still get to watch the Champs play 82 games on TV. :smokin

THE SIXTH MAN
10-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Theres no designated channel. But all games are televised here in San Antonio.

YoMamaIsCallin
10-31-2007, 09:56 PM
If not televised on national TV (ESPN, TNT, ABC), the games will always be on locally in San Antonio on Fox Sports Southwest (cable), KENS, or KMYS (My35). There are no un-televised games as long has you have standard cable or the equivalent to get ESPN and FSNSW and TNT.

See here for a complete schedule with local San Antonio TV information.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/

v2freak
11-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Thank you everyone. There is no designated channel but at least one channel will play every game?

LoveMySpurs
11-01-2007, 12:05 PM
As long as you look, you'll find the game. Better yet, get tickets and go to at least one game! Nosebleed seats aren't too bad and relatively cheap if $ is an issue. Lion and Rose pubs are nice sports bars that show the games and have decent food and Guiness on tap. Welcome to San Antonio!!!

remingtonbo2001
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
As long as you look, you'll find the game. Better yet, get tickets and go to at least one game! Nosebleed seats aren't too bad and relatively cheap if $ is an issue. Lion and Rose pubs are nice sports bars that show the games and have decent food and Guiness on tap. Welcome to San Antonio!!!

Definitely not as high as Red Sox tickets :greedy ....Or so I've heard.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
All the games are televised. Depends on who is carrying the game. Most home games are televised on Fox Sports SW, which is channel 26 if you have Time Warner and channel 643 (I think) if you have DirecTV. Most road games are on local either KENS or MY35. Check your local listings. Of course there are occasional games that will be on ABC, TNT, or ESPN.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
If you're on the road driving and can't make it to watch it, tune into 1200 am WOAI to listen.

fyatuk
11-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I recently moved to San Antonio, but my roommate just told me that there are no local channels just for the Spurs! When I lived in MA, they had channels just for the Red Sox and Celtics; is there nothing like that here? And how do most people watch the games?

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, I just always assumed that the games would be more accessible here (excluding stuff like League Pass)

As everyone else said, the games are on, just no set channel. It's actually part of the AT&T center agreement that the Spurs must televise every game, and nothing PPV like they used to do.

As a side note, I've always wanted to see SSE, UTSA, and Elmore team up to start a SA Sports channel to televise the Spurs games, all the road games for the Missions, Silver Stars, and Rampage, UTSA athletics, and the big games of HS football. I think it would work really well and be good for the city's sports landscape.

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 02:08 PM
no excuse to miss a game, I even DVR the ones I cant watch live.

v2freak
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, this is great news! Thanks all, I was afraid there wouldn't be any difference in viewing privilleges. I'll miss my Red Sox and Celtics games though (although now everyone's jumping on the C's bandwagon)

:toast Thank you