PDA

View Full Version : No "Boobie Rock" Or At Least Not Right Now.

The Red Hood
10-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Source:KSAT 12 (http://www.ksat.com/news/14469842/detail.html)

Strip Club Loses Legal Battle
POSTED: 10:36 am CDT October 31, 2007
UPDATED: 1:02 pm CDT October 31, 2007

SAN ANTONIO -- A district judge on Wednesday issued a temporary injunction against a businessman who was hoping to open a strip club on the city's Northwest Side.

District Judge Andy Mireles took about 30 minutes before deciding that Boobie Rock will not be allowed to open -- at least for the moment -- off Interstate 10 and Huebner Road.

A jury will ultimately decide whether the club will open when it goes to trial Jan. 7, 2008.

Mireles said that his ruling was based on the plaintiff's attorney being able to prove the club will break the deed restriction in regard to prurient interests as defined by community standards.

"I think what this decision stands for is simply that property owners have a right to restrict their property from certain uses," said Gay Gueringer, the plaintiff's attorney. "This is not a constitutional issue. This is a matter of contract. The contract was enforced."

But Jim Deegear, the lawyer representing the owner of Boobie Rock, said that the defense attorney's attempt to define prurient interest was vague.

"There are very few civil cases where they talk about prurient interest," Deegear said. "So, I think the court struggled with, What should be that definition?"

Deegear added that he hopes Mireles will come up with a definition of prurient the two sides can agree on.

He also plans to appeal the decision before the trial date.

Mdot.HIM.not
10-31-2007, 10:30 PM
I hate the soccer moms who fought this so passionately in public and in court but then go home and get gangbanged by her husband and his poker buddies.

Hippocrocy at its finest.

Cheers to the hippocrits

S_A_Longhorn
11-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Councilwoman Cibrian should be happy. IF the property cannot be an adult business as stated in their contract with the building owner, then it makes sense. But when Cibrian and every other soccer mom start bringing up th parking lot situation, trying to prevent them from getting a liqour license, or trying to cite Sugar's criminal activity, then it's not about what kind of business is allowed by the contract.

It's the "moral right" trying to stop an adult business. How about telling your sexually frustrated husbands to not go to the strip club and let the businees flounder instead?

Besides, two strip clubs off I-10 isn't going to take away the title of Strip Club Corridor of San Antonio away from I-35!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Seriously, the funniest part of this whole thing is that the location of the business isn't even easily accessible. It's right before Huebner Road, but over an incline which is past the exit.

If you don't know it's there, you'll pass it up and have to exit either (IIRC) Woodstone or DeZavala and do a LONG turnaround to either Wurzbach or go through a small maze of streets to find the back entrance to the place.

There's been two/three businesses there already and they've all had trouble after the initial opening. It's just not in a good physical location.

Twisted_Dawg
11-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Seriously, the funniest part of this whole thing is that the location of the business isn't even easily accessible. It's right before Huebner Road, but over an incline which is past the exit.

If you don't know it's there, you'll pass it up and have to exit either (IIRC) Woodstone or DeZavala and do a LONG turnaround to either Wurzbach or go through a small maze of streets to find the back entrance to the place.

There's been two/three businesses there already and they've all had trouble after the initial opening. It's just not in a good physical location.

.....and if you exit Huebner from 4pm to 7pm, you will be backed up in horrid traffic on the frontage road for about 1 mile.

Twisted_Dawg
11-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I am wondering who screwed up here. Did the real estate attorney representing Boobie Rock not spot that purient interest clause in the deed? Or, did he spot it and warn the club operators who decided to move forward anyway? And why would the city grant all kinds of permits for that type establishment with that clause in there?

And I am really getting sick of seeing Cibrian pop up in every freakin' issue and try to force her views down out throats. Does this lady have a real job?

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
It's not even about women's husbands wandering off to this place.. it's more about the two or three schools that are very nearby that place. There's a couple of neighborhoods located right behind this place and if they pride their community I doubt they want their kids to see a giant "BOOBIE ROCK" sign on their way to school or otherwise.

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
There's plenty of other spots they can open up. move along.

The Red Hood
11-01-2007, 10:51 AM
And I am really getting sick of seeing Cibrian pop up in every freakin' issue and try to force her views down out throats. Does this lady have a real job?
:lol Yeah no shit, I knew "Boobie Rock" was going to be "stalled" mainly because a Councilwoman was against it. It defiantly seems like Cibrian was doing this strictly for publicity.

PM5K
11-01-2007, 11:54 AM
There's plenty of other spots they can open up. move along.

Wow, my crush for you just died.

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 12:23 PM
That's too bad.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2007, 12:50 PM
It's not just soccer moms against it, Ancira rallied local business owners.

11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
San Antonio doesn't need another strip club, last time I went to one (granted it was a number of years ago for a bachelor party), it was evident that the number of clubs in existence had depleted and watered down the local talent pool (much like expansion does to MLB pitching) to the point that turning off the lights entirely, as opposed to lowering them to something that resembled the hour or so before sunrise, is the only way to make any of the dancers remotely attractive.

PM5K
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
It's not even about women's husbands wandering off to this place.. it's more about the two or three schools that are very nearby that place. There's a couple of neighborhoods located right behind this place and if they pride their community I doubt they want their kids to see a giant "BOOBIE ROCK" sign on their way to school or otherwise.

So if they change the name to something like "All-Stars" you think the same people opposing it would approve?

Give me a fucking break Luv, you're smart enough to know these people are complaining about everything they can come up with but at the end of the day they object to this club on a moral basis.

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
So if they change the name to something like "All-Stars" you think the same people opposing it would approve?

Give me a fucking break Luv, you're smart enough to know these people are complaining about everything they can come up with but at the end of the day they object to this club on a moral basis.All-Stars is just a couple of streets down and no there isn't a problem with that. So what if it's based more on moral basis? The contract is still there, and for good reason. Like I said before.. they can always move to another location that has no problem with a stip club named Boobie Rock in their backyard.

PM5K
11-01-2007, 01:23 PM
All-Stars is just a couple of streets down and no there isn't a problem with that. So what if it's based more on moral basis? The contract is still there, and for good reason. Like I said before.. they can always move to another location that has no problem with a stip club named Boobie Rock in their backyard.

So what if?

I'm just rebutting your point that it's only about the name of the club and kids driving by it on a daily basis, to say that's all they object to is absurd.

As for complaining about the location, do you really think guys from the South side of the East side are going to frequent this place?

No it's going to be the dads of those same kids riding by on the bus that will frequent this club, people from the general area...

tlongII
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
If you build it they will come.

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
I didn't say the name is the only reason. I do agree less people would be opposed to it if the name was a little more discreet. And I don't care who goes there. I know that the owner is the same owner of Sugar's and that place gets hundreds of police calls.

the property owners have a right to restrict their property from certain uses

it's not just a council woman opposed but pretty much the whole community surrounding that area. So, too bad for Glen Williams and the other horny guys who want to go there. I'm sure he can find another location.

CuckingFunt
11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Seriously, the funniest part of this whole thing is that the location of the business isn't even easily accessible.

No.

The funniest part of the story is that the club was going to be called "Boobie Rock."

SpursWoman
11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
No.

The funniest part of the story is that the club was going to be called "Boobie Rock."

Seriously. It sounds like something some twelve year old boys came up with while daydreaming about Janice from the muppets. I don't care one way or the other about the club ... but that name is ridiculous.

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Seriously. It sounds like something some twelve year old boys came up with while daydreaming about Janice from the muppets. I don't care one way or the other about the club ... but that name is ridiculous.

What about "Boobie Cock"?

SpursWoman
11-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Even more stupid.

*shrugs*

SpursWoman
11-01-2007, 07:54 PM
And now I can't get the theme song from Fraggle Rock out of my head. Great.

ashbeeigh
11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
I work right across the street from this "Boobie Rock" location. I can see it from outside my window and can imagine my bosses taking our clients out for lunch here. :lmao

But, this is also the place where people go to "All-Stars" because of the $4 steaks or whatever.

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 07:59 PM
And now I can't get the theme song from Fraggle Rock out of my head. Great.

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Work you cares away,
Dancing's for another day.
Let the Fraggles play,
We're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red.

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.
Down at Fraggle Rock.

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Even more stupid.

*shrugs*

What about "Mammary Haven"?

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Personally, I'd go with "TNA's"

Spurfect
11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
who even thought up that name?? that guy should be fired. sounds like a strip club back in the Flintstones time or something. I'd expect to see Fred and Barney there

PM5K
11-01-2007, 10:27 PM
who even thought up that name?? that guy should be fired. sounds like a strip club back in the Flintstones time or something. I'd expect to see Fred and Barney there

No way, Wilma and Betty would be pissed...

Spurfect
11-01-2007, 11:37 PM
No way, Wilma and Betty would be pissed...

nah, they'd be at Cock Rock.

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2007, 11:42 PM
nah, they'd be at Cock Rock.

That's just nasty

Spurfect
11-01-2007, 11:51 PM
That's just nasty

good thing.. I'd be a little worried about you if you didn't think so

Trainwreck2100
11-01-2007, 11:53 PM
good thing.. I'd be a little worried about you if you didn't think so

I'm just sayin, did you have to break out the C word?

Spurfect
11-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm just sayin, did you have to break out the C word?

the word has already been used once in this thread.. so why not?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Why not:

Blue Balls

or

Pointless?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Why not:

Blue Balls

or

Pointless?

Hangin' Around

11-01-2007, 11:58 PM
No Chance

They Don't Really Like You

CuckingFunt
11-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Cock Tease

Frustration

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go

11-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Chaffed

Raw Dog's

The Red Hood
11-02-2007, 12:13 AM
As Tim Gerber (from KSAT12) called it "A place for shy men"

CuckingFunt
11-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Carpal Tunnel of Love

The Hand Cramp

The Red Hood
11-02-2007, 12:27 AM
"Take That Councilwoman Cibrian!" or "Take That Cibrian!"

11-02-2007, 12:27 AM
As Good As it Gets...For You

Groin Pull

CuckingFunt
11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
No Touch

Back Alley Rapist Training Grounds

11-02-2007, 12:41 AM
The Real Doll II

Virtual Reality

CuckingFunt
11-02-2007, 12:49 AM
You're Kidding, Right?

We're All Dykes Anyway!

Empty Bed

11-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Empty Wallet

Got Coke?

CuckingFunt
11-02-2007, 01:01 AM
The Money Pit: Spend Singles to Stay Single!

Disappointment Den

Used Up Skanks Who Still Won't Put Out

11-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Empty Promises

Collagen City

MrChug
11-02-2007, 07:26 AM
If you build it they will come.

You spelled that last word wrong there, tlong...

Bigzax
11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Go Boobie Rock! Heres to more late night strippers at chachos!!!

peewee's lovechild
11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
The Money Pit: Spend Singles to Stay Single!

Disappointment Den

Used Up Skanks Who Still Won't Put Out

Take My Money Bitch

Smells Like Hawaiian Tropic

Yes Titties, No Snatch

ploto
11-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Gee, I did not know that so many men were still so threatend by an intelligent woman with some power. As for Boobie Rock, the other businesses in that area don't want it there.

The restraining order, sought by an adjacent property owner and issued by the 150th District Court...
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/stories/MYSA101707.01B.BoobieRock.31634f8.html

Neighbors of the club told the judge they have a 10-year-old agreement that allows them to have a say in what kind of business can be located on the property. Their lawyers filed a temporary restraining order to prevent the club from opening.
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a3528979-734e-41a7-a301-9d3ac9ed0b57&rss=68

LuvBones
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
:lol at all the names..

LuvBones
11-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Boobie Rock's partners had hoped the club would open next month.

Good luck with that.

peewee's lovechild
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
The Mammary Gallery

Thanks For The Mammaries

The Himalayas

ChumpDumper
11-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Gee, I did not know that so many men were still so threatend by an intelligent woman with some power.So she's ugly....

PM5K
11-02-2007, 02:17 PM
What intelligent woman with power?

ploto
11-03-2007, 02:15 AM
So she's ugly....
Not at all. And unlike many posting in this thread- I actually live in District 8.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 02:40 AM
There's no accounting for taste, but whatever floats your boat.

peewee's lovechild
11-03-2007, 02:41 AM
I still don't get what the big deal is about it all.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Those places are soul-sucking pits of stupidity.

However I can't see what the problem with the name is since it will be located near a Hummer dealership.

peewee's lovechild
11-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Those places are soul-sucking pits of stupidity.

However I can't see what the problem with the name is since it will be located near a Hummer dealership.

So?

Who gives a shit what people want to spend their money on??

I don't see anyone boycotting the countless pieces of shit Wal-Mart sells. And, they sell a shit load of worthless stupidity.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Who gives a shit what people want to spend their money on??The anti-boobie coalition.

And when I said "soul-sucking pits of stupidity," that was describing pretty much every place on northwest I-10 from loop to loop.

I don't see anyone boycotting the countless pieces of shit Wal-Mart sells.You haven't been to my neighborhood.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2007, 11:09 AM
And when I said "soul-sucking pits of stupidity," that was describing pretty much every place on northwest I-10 from loop to loop.

Even The Honeybaked Ham Company?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-03-2007, 11:31 AM

That's be a great name for a strip club, too.

PM5K
11-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Especially the Honeybaked Ham Company...