PDA

View Full Version : Horry Must Come Back Immediately!

SequSpur
10-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Bonner is killing the flow when he is on the floor. Dude needs to pick a spot to shoot from and stick to it. I don't want to see any more 15 footers from him. He has no form, he shoots it higher than the backboard. He's terrible.

I assume when Horry gets back, this dude will never get a legit minute again.

Thank you Pop for wasting 3 mill on this scrub.

Thompson
10-31-2007, 10:37 PM
I assume you think you're funny, getting people to argue with you. The routine's a little tired.

exstatic
10-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Bonner made more shots tonight than Horry normally does in the month of November. Horry needs to come back...by March.

pawe
10-31-2007, 10:38 PM
Dont hate..masturbate! Bonner did great tonight. Id rather see him play more minutes in the reg season and slowly integrate Horry in the system come March.

Johnny RIngo
10-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Actually, I'd prefer to have Horry back as well. The Spurs have looked weak in the post the last two games. They need Horry's toughness.

jman3000
10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
3/4 3's is gay.

T Park
10-31-2007, 10:43 PM
11 points 5 rebounds.

Yes quite horrible.

Go back to your hole and polish your bowling balls kiddo.

YoMamaIsCallin
10-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Either you're living in some alternate universe where you saw a different game than I did, or you're full of shit, or you're just trolling to get a response.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
at least his outperformed finley

finley should just be traded or stay on the fuckn bench and allow udoka some minutes

ss1986v2
10-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Either you're living in some alternate universe where you saw a different game than I did, or you're full of shit, or you're just trolling to get a response.
ding ding ding...

T Park
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM

Ignore him.

He prob didnt even watch the game.

mikeanthony21
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM

All of the above.

T Park
10-31-2007, 10:49 PM
finley should just be traded or stay on the fuckn bench and allow udoka some minutes

Yeah cause hes never gonna contribute in the playoffs, average 16 a game in them, or set the Spurs playoff record for 3s in a game.

Gonna start calling you the argentinian sequ.

Walter Craparita
10-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Give him time. He'll get better.

SequSpur
10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
After watching Dallas tonight, Bonner doesn't have a chance in hell against a good team.

He gets stats, but keeps scrubs like Memphis and Portland in the game.

Tpark, you're a got damn pop homer quitter come backer, don't no shit about anything money given ticket holder that can't see anything objectively but the balloon popper game.

T Park
10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
After watching Dallas tonight, Bonner doesn't have a chance in hell against a good team.

He gets stats, but keeps scrubs like Memphis and Portland in the game.

Tpark, you're a got damn pop homer quitter come backer, don't no shit about anything money given ticket holder that can't see anything objectively but the balloon popper game.

English not your first language?

or is it hard to type with the lollipop in your hand.

mystargtr34
10-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Sequ, your gaining on FastDunk... i place you above TlongII in the troll pecking order though

timmy21_4rings
11-01-2007, 02:04 AM
hi Bonner

You played well..Goto Sleep now...do not kill us.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2007, 04:34 AM
:lmao @ Sequ. Bonner is the truth motherfucker.

roycrikside
11-01-2007, 05:03 AM
Bonner was a +9 yesterday and a +3 today. It doesn't appear he is killing any flow when he's in there.

BeerIsGood!
11-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Bonner's defense has to get better or he'll be nothing more than a cheerleader for this year's playoffs as well. Personally, I think he'll improve a lot this season defensively once he gets in a rhythm of playing regular minutes.

AFBlue
11-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Bonner's defense has to get better or he'll be nothing more than a cheerleader for this year's playoffs as well. Personally, I think he'll improve a lot this season defensively once he gets in a rhythm of playing regular minutes.

Yeah, his defense is quite bad....

But not for lack of effort. I think he'll continue to work on the fundamentals and improve, but he's no Horry.

What I mean to say is that I doubt he'll continue to be the first big off the bench (Horry's usual spot) if the Spurs lose their strong interior defense when he comes in. In fact, I think if Elson were much better at defense he'd either be starting or be the first big off the bench...but he ain't that good either.

Maybe Splitter will be worthy of that "first big off the bench" role...but that's probably thinking too far ahead.

smeagol
11-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Bonner is killing the flow when he is on the floor. Dude needs to pick a spot to shoot from and stick to it. I don't want to see any more 15 footers from him. He has no form, he shoots it higher than the backboard. He's terrible.

Remind me to ask you always first about basketball takes :lol

Shelly
11-01-2007, 10:01 AM
My husband calls Bonner 'White Magic' cuz he's the white version of Magic Johnson. :lol

Hemotivo
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
:tu

intlspurshk
11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
He missed rotations and were few bodies away from the players whom he defended and his arms are not long enough to play meaningful defense under such distance. He is slow as hell and is not strong enough to box out players under the basket as Malik. Where are the 3s too???

Yeah he hitted shots and got some rebounds. But his presence also provides many chances for opposing team to score. There are many players in the league who hustle too. Why him???

nfg3
11-01-2007, 10:22 AM
If Bonner continues to contribute at this level then Horry will be very well rested come March. It seems that Pop is giving him the minutes to prove what he can do. Admittedly his D isn't what I would want but if he keeps knocking down 3's then it would be hard for Pop to pull him. It's only the second game so there is time to continue to evaluate his play and how it impacts the Spurs.

telecomguy
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM

you actually think Parker is the best PG in the league and Bonner is worse than the worst player in the league. Perhaps you should learn the meaning of the word P-E-R-S-P-E-C-T-I-V-E !

and by the way.....please stop repeating yourself...it gets rather tiring and adds nothing to the board.

SpursFan0728
11-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Bonner shouldn' take 15 footer
he should just stick to his 3's

but overall, he wasn't that bad...

T Park
11-01-2007, 11:23 AM
HIs defense isn't good.

But you guys are making him sound like Steve Nash out there for god's sake...

K-State Spur
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
HIs defense isn't good.

But you guys are making him sound like Steve Nash out there for god's sake...

i agree. plus, his high effort level makes up for a bit of his defensive shortcomings.

i also expect his rotations to improve (even if they'll never get to a high level) as the season progresses.

MoSpur
11-01-2007, 12:32 PM
His rotations on D aren't where Pop would like them to be. I think the more playing time he gets, the better he'll get. His mid-range jumper is weak. We all know he is better at shooting beyond the arc. I like his toughness and fearlessness. Give him time Sequ.

YODA
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM
i agree. plus, his high effort level makes up for a bit of his defensive shortcomings.

I also expect his rotations to improve (even if they'll never get to a high level) as the season progresses.

2 games in and people hammering Bonner. Dam , give the guy a break. Like he said, he needs time to learn. His rotations will get better. I actually think he can fit in nicely. The first few months will just be his learning curve. I just hope will wont lose to much while he is learning.

kyleo
11-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyone who wants Horry to log significant minutes at this point hasn't been watching this team for...well, several years actually :lol

If Bonner getting some minutes and getting him in-game situations to work on his sub-par defense means we have some close games, or even some losses, Pop will take that. Demanding we throw Horry about there for 20+ minutes two games into the season is ridiculous.

2centsworth
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Tpark, with, the, Enlish, Smack, now, that's, funny.

T Park
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
2centsworth, just stay on the kiddy porch kiddo or you'll hurt your noggin with too much thinkin.

I rewatched the game this morning, and he played d last night on some tough matchups, especially Hakim Warrick, and then onto Pau Gasol.

He did pretty good last night given who he was matched up with.

Bonner is playing again like he did before the knee injury wich pretty much ended his season.

Everyone loves to forget how well he was playing last January I think it was, and that he was easily the best bigman on the roster.

2centsworth
11-01-2007, 02:35 PM
2centsworth, just stay on the kiddy porch kiddo or you'll hurt your noggin with too much thinkin.

I rewatched the game this morning, and he played d last night on some tough matchups, especially Hakim Warrick, and then onto Pau Gasol.

He did pretty good last night given who he was matched up with.

Bonner is playing again like he did before the knee injury wich pretty much ended his season.

Everyone loves to forget how well he was playing last January I think it was, and that he was easily the best bigman on the roster.

alright youngster.

Solid D
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Bonner has perfect rotation on the ball when he shoots. Fairly pure shooter.

Sequ, you need to go up to the Corner Ice House and reach in that little styrofoam cup that says "Have a Clue, Give a Clue, Need a Clue, Get a Clue" and take you a handful.

T Park
11-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Sequ, you need to go up to the Corner Ice House and reach in that little styrofoam cup that says "Have a Clue, Give a Clue, Need a Clue, Get a Clue" and take you a handful.

:lol

ooooo owned by the "poster of the year" :toast

RussN
11-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I think we sit Bonner all year , play the hell out of Horry, especially since he is not in shape, missed all of training camp, and get him hurt early.....either that, or play Bonner, let Horry find his own rhythm like he has the last 13 years or so, and then win a 5th championship. Sequ, I'm surprised you are a basketball fan with your knowledge, I bet you probably think you are watching women's soccer when the Spurs are on with your insight, DAMN your stupid.

ploto
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
People who think that Bonner could ever in any way, shape, or form come close to contributing what Horry did have no clue about Robert Horry. The 3's he hits are one of his least significant contributions.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2007, 10:33 AM
O Rly Ploto? Elaborate.