PDA

View Full Version : DOG Said What?!?!?

Kentu3
10-31-2007, 10:59 PM
From E! Online

Bounty Hunter N-Bombs Himself into Hiatus

A&E has suspended production on its hit reality series Dog the Bounty Hunter in light of some—to put it mildly—racially insensitive remarks its star looks to have made during a phone conversation with his son Tucker, a recording of which was duly posted online by The National Enquirer.

Full story HERE (http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=0354a673-d0b5-495c-a1f0-d3837d031db6&sid=fd-news)

and Dogs Response HERE (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jxzk4Yt9kUl1BN2IKbVOAFeigPIwD8SKJKPG0)

MaNuMaNiAc
10-31-2007, 11:43 PM
You mean to tell me that ignorant piece of white trash actually said the word ######?? seriously? :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Here are some snippets from the understandably controversial chat, in which Chapman—a Hawaii-based bail bondsman by trade—discusses with his son the repercussions of having a black person around while he and his team use the N-word (Tucker's girlfriend, Monique Shinnery, is black.):

"I'm not taking a chance...not because she's black but because we use the word n----- sometimes here. I'm not going to take any chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for 30 years because some drunken n----- heard us say n----- and turned us into the Enquirer magazine…I'm not taking that chance at all never in life. Never…"

ShoogarBear
11-01-2007, 01:20 AM
But on the positive side, Fox News is hiring . . .

Fillmoe
11-01-2007, 02:16 AM
so is UPS

Slydragon
11-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Funny how he mentions the Enquirer. and then they are the ones who first post it up. Why was this record, and who gave it out. Was it the girlfriend?

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Funny how he mentions the Enquirer. and then they are the ones who first post it up. Why was this record, and who gave it out. Was it the girlfriend?I also find it weird that someone was recording a private phone conversation. I wonder what the law is about that there. I believe in Texas at least on person in the party has to be aware of the recording.

Slydragon
11-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I know my old cell phone would recorded what the other person was saying but not what I said, I wonder if the girlfriend turn it on and the son did not know.

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
I know my old cell phone would recorded what the other person was saying but not what I said, I wonder if the girlfriend turn it on and the son did not know.Question is how and why would she do that, did she know that Dog had a problem with her or what??

Kentu3
11-01-2007, 09:03 AM

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I also find it weird that someone was recording a private phone conversation. I wonder what the law is about that there. I believe in Texas at least on person in the party has to be aware of the recording.

Yes. In Texas, at least one party being recorded must know of the recording.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

703 Spurz
11-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I know my old cell phone would recorded what the other person was saying but not what I said, I wonder if the girlfriend turn it on and the son did not know.

How would the skank know that Dog said this shit? Did his son rat him out? Wouldn't make any sense

BeerIsGood!
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe you shouldnt talk about trying not to fuck up and just not fuck up.

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
:lol if this is real then exactly what he said. ^^

Walter Craparita
11-01-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm sure many parents have this exact same conversation with their kids during private conversations. Goes for all races.

Racist or not...well it is racist...they grew up during different times.

His kid was/is a loser (check his history) and if his wife is a loser too...tough love :read:

His son is a pussy for leaking this out. Your dead to me son!

LuvBones
11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Dog apologized for his comments yesterday and asked to meet with the Reverend Al Sharpton who replied with a letter this morning. The reverend said he would meet with Dog, but would not “sanitize that kind of hate language.

:lmao I love how everyone who makes a racist comment immediately runs to Al Sharpton.

BacktoBasics
11-01-2007, 01:10 PM
The fact that we make a big deal about this shows what a sad state our country is in.

PM5K
11-01-2007, 01:10 PM
He sits there and tells people they have to stop doing drugs, selling drugs, or generally breaking the law, but he can't stop saying a word?

PM5K
11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm sure many parents have this exact same conversation with their kids during private conversations.

I don't know what kind of fucked up parents you have, but good luck with that....

Borosai
11-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Keepin' it real.

BacktoBasics
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Lets face it, most of us don't like black people anyway.

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Lets face it, most of us don't like black people anyway.Even the president doesnt like black people.

And speaking of the Rev.
tommorrow is "national blackout" day.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/01/national.blackout/index.html

I better get all my christmas shopping out of the way tomorrow to avoid all the black people at the malls later.:lol

T Park
11-01-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't know what kind of fucked up parents you have

I had a hispanic buddy in school whos parent's told him if he dated outside his race he was "disgracing his family"

It happens.

Or better yet, he could be a senator just like Senator Byrd!!!! Hed fit right in with his KKK views.

dawn
11-01-2007, 03:08 PM
My understanding is the girlfriend was tring to set the wife (Beth) up and get her to go off. That was what this conversation was about. Also keep in mind who is posting it and that it is only part of a conversation. I am not excusing what he said, but once again, the double standard stinks. Shoot even my friends that are black will tell you that they know black folk, and then they know, well you know. I know whites, and then I know WHITE TRASH. It is all the same. I wish people would get over the " YOU OFFEND ME" attitude in this country, ball up, and just freaking live already. Damn babies...

tlongII
11-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Not a big deal imo.

T Park
11-01-2007, 03:35 PM
My understanding is the girlfriend was tring to set the wife (Beth) up and get her to go off. That was what this conversation was about. Also keep in mind who is posting it and that it is only part of a conversation. I am not excusing what he said, but once again, the double standard stinks. Shoot even my friends that are black will tell you that they know black folk, and then they know, well you know. I know whites, and then I know WHITE TRASH. It is all the same. I wish people would get over the " YOU OFFEND ME" attitude in this country, ball up, and just freaking live already. Damn babies...

bravo

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I think he was saying that she was a "nagger".

That bitch just nag way too much.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Has anyone here listened to it in full context?

Recording, 5 minutes 2 seconds (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/2007/images/papers/Complete.wmv)

I don't think he uses the word ###### as a racial slur, but just as some blacks use it. The recording explains it real well.

Bigzax
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM
who made sharpton HNIC?

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
who made sharpton HNIC?

Isn't Jesse Jackson the HNIC?

PM5K
11-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Hnic:

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/benson.jpg

peewee's lovechild
11-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Why does "######" cause such and uproar but "wetback" flies under the radar??

PM5K
11-01-2007, 06:10 PM

I think it might have something to do with the fact that when African Americans were slaves, their owners called them ######s.

When Mexicans cross the border they sometimes swim, hence the term wetback......

Not really quite the same...

Walter Craparita
11-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't know what kind of fucked up parents you have, but good luck with that....

lmao..Best in the world.

I'm just keeping it real. If your son was a loser and had just gotten out of jail and was getting his life back on track. And after 30 years Dog builds up multi-millionaire status (I'm guessing, probably not) and hooks this kid up with all kinds of shit. Then the kid starts banging some chick who is also a loser and bringing him down. Then your son wants to marry the girl. Of course a common father would go off. Is this true? Maybe not. But better than these morons who just assume because he said the N word he must be the devil.

And let's face it. Sometimes people DO live up to the stereotype.

Don't get butthurt over non Political correctness imo.

Spawn
11-02-2007, 05:36 AM

Double standard, poor thing it must be so tough to be a white person in this country. As an aside I have stopped caring what white people thought of me long ago.

Spawn
11-02-2007, 05:37 AM

Well if it offends, let people know about it instead of just claming up.

Spawn
11-02-2007, 05:54 AM

Recording, 5 minutes 2 seconds (http://www.nationalenquirer.com/2007/images/papers/Complete.wmv)

I don't think he uses the word ###### as a racial slur, but just as some blacks use it. The recording explains it real well.

What the hell!!! Firstly, I despise the word and will not use it under any circumstances to other Blacks or otherwise. Secondly, given the history of the word in this country why the hell would you find it okay to ever use it or defend somebody that uses it. Thirdly, in the tape he even acknowledges that it is a racial slur and last time I checked, if you do not want someone to go to your house or be near you because of that persons' race and the fact that you fear that you will be spouting off racial slurs in that persons presence, you just might be a racist.

Kentu3
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
I found out this morning that the Phone Call wasn't recorded, the stupid bastard left that message on his sons Voice Mail. :lol

I say don't hide your Racists beliefs, if thats the way you feel, then you have every right to do so, this is American after all. Stand up for what you believe.
As long as you dont cause Harm to anyone else.
At the same time, dont cry foul when those who dont share your beliefs ostracize you.

florige
11-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Jesse Jackson passed the torch a while back to Al Sharpton as the King of all Blacks.

JoeChalupa
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM

I listened to the entire thing and the way I took is that they use the "n" word in their home often enough to where he was worried about it. Lame excuse if you ask me.

JoeChalupa
11-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Easy when you are not at the end of the racial slurs.

sa_butta
11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Dog's son sold taped talk to tabloid for "a lot of money," lawyer says

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/01/dog.chapman.ap/index.html

Mr Hanky
11-02-2007, 10:10 AM
That was a shitty thing to do to your old man.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
This thread reminded me of something I heard a bit ago on NPR about "ignoring hatred."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/talk/2007/10/ignoring_hatred_1.html

In a commentary for NPR's All Things Considered, which aired last week, and in his column for The New York Sun, John McWhorter, of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, made a "modest proposal," which generated a huge response: "The next time somebody plants a noose, let's just ignore it. Perhaps paying less attention to these acts will take away their racist power."

The modesty of his proposal is debatable, to say the least, as more and more nooses are found, hanging on trees, at high schools and the Coast Guard Academy, and in the ivory tower. Can we really ignore something so malicious, with such a painful and haunting history?

No, it seems. Since protesters converged on Jena, La., last month, many media outlets, including NPR, have filled pages and programs with reports on, and conversations about, race and racism. DiversityInc magazine has chronicled each incident on a web page, called "Noose Watch." And the Rev. Al Sharpton has called for a march on Washington, D.C., to demand that the government prosecute hate crimes with more zeal. What do you think of McWhorter's suggestion? Is the noose's symbolism indelible?

All Things Considered, October 16, 2007 · In light of the resurgence of nooses appearing in places like Jena, La., and Columbia University's Teacher's College, here's a modest proposal: The next time somebody plants a noose, let's just ignore it. Perhaps paying less attention to these acts will take away their racist power.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15337125

That's a link to the original commentary that sparked the first story.

peewee's lovechild
11-02-2007, 10:19 AM
I think it might have something to do with the fact that when African Americans were slaves, their owners called them ######s.

When Mexicans cross the border they sometimes swim, hence the term wetback......

Not really quite the same...

African Americans do not have a monopoly on slavery and the word "######".

Jews were enslaved by the Ancient Egyptians for about 400 years. Many European peoples were also enslaved for long periods of time. As a matter of fact, the word "slave" is derived from "Slav", which was the term used to define the peoples from modern day Ukraine-Russia region. The Slavs were conquered by other European peoples and were forced into endentured servitude.

As for the word "######", that word was a diminutive for "ignorant". It was used to refer to ignorant peoples. As a matter of fact, when the U.S. conquered the Phillipines during the Spanish-American war, military personnel constantly referred to the Philipinos as "######s".

ATRAIN
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
African Americans do not have a monopoly on slavery and the word "######".

Jews were enslaved by the Ancient Egyptians for about 400 years. Many European peoples were also enslaved for long periods of time. As a matter of fact, the word "slave" is derived from "Slav", which was the term used to define the peoples from modern day Ukraine-Russia region. The Slavs were conquered by other European peoples and were forced into endentured servitude.

As for the word "######", that word was a diminutive for "ignorant". It was used to refer to ignorant peoples. As a matter of fact, when the U.S. conquered the Phillipines during the Spanish-American war, military personnel constantly referred to the Philipinos as "######s".

Regardless of what some may think pee wee usually knows his shit. He can be intelligent when he wants to be. Most of the time he can be a "######" aka Ignorant hahaha.

peewee's lovechild
11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Regardless of what some may think pee wee usually knows his shit. He can be intelligent when he wants to be. Most of the time he can be a "######" aka Ignorant hahaha.

ATRAIN's my nigga'!!!!

Sunshine
11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I found out this morning that the Phone Call wasn't recorded, the stupid bastard left that message on his sons Voice Mail. :lol

Not true. If you listen to the recording, you hear the son interject a few times.

Wild Cobra
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
What the hell!!! Firstly, I despise the word and will not use it under any circumstances to other Blacks or otherwise.

I haven’t used it in years except to talk about it. However, I do find it appropriate to call someone a ###### now and then.

Secondly, given the history of the word in this country why the hell would you find it okay to ever use it or defend somebody that uses it.

First of all, it’s in music, blacks use it in conversation with each other. To claim whites cannot say it is racist, or bigoted at best.

The only time I direct it towards someone is in an altercation where the other person is black. In cases like these, we all say the things we think will hurt the most.

Blacks really give us whites so much power by letting words mean so much, that should otherwise be ignored.

Thirdly, in the tape he even acknowledges that it is a racial slur and last time I checked, if you do not want someone to go to your house or be near you because of that persons' race and the fact that you fear that you will be spouting off racial slurs in that persons presence, you just might be a racist.

Yes he does. I really wonder what the part of the conversation was before the audio clip starts. It might set things up into better perspective. Let’s say he did use the word inappropriately, it was assumed to be in private. He did however clearly explain it wasn’t the color of her skin, but her character. I am one to agree there is appropriate times to use it, when it does define character!

Who’s bullshit are you listening too?

In post #28, I placed a link of the conversation audio. His son was clearly talking to him.

I listened to the entire thing and the way I took is that they use the "n" word in their home often enough to where he was worried about it. Lame excuse if you ask me.
I agree, but isn’t it ironic how he is worried about The Enquirer getting some audio, and they get it!

Dog's son sold taped talk to tabloid for "a lot of money," lawyer says

Now that really sucks. That could be grounds to disown someone. Here I was wondering by what illegal means they obtained the recording, but maybe it wasn’t illegal?

Now I don’t think Dog’s show will be cancelled, at least not as long and if he has a contract. The tape does not clearly show him in a racist fashion. It does clearly show him as a concerned father. He can sue big if he does have a contract!

Dog has black friends. When he said “we use the word ######”, he may have just been concerned it would be taken out of context. Unless someone shows clear evidence to the contrary, I will maintain that belief. The tape made sense to me without needing to be in a racist fashion.

dawn
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Easy when you are not at the end of the racial slurs.

I'm not gonna get into a battle over words. I have been on the end of many racial/sexiest/ and just plain shitty slurs. What I am saying is in my experience, both being engaged to a African American and because growing up most of my friends were, and mainly my time on the East Coast in Boston and with my friends from Jersey and New York, they all say the word and have admitted to it having a different meaning and that there is double standard there. And I do agree, words have NO power unless you ALLOW them to.

Mdot.HIM.not
11-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not gonna get into a battle over words. I have been on the end of many racial/sexiest/ and just plain shitty slurs. What I am saying is in my experience, both being engaged to a African American and because growing up most of my friends were, and mainly my time on the East Coast in Boston and with my friends from Jersey and New York, they all say the word and have admitted to it having a different meaning and that there is double standard there. And I do agree, words have NO power unless you ALLOW them to.
DAWN likes black guys? there goes asf chances...

Wild Cobra
11-06-2007, 07:41 PM
And I do agree, words have NO power unless you ALLOW them to.
Yep, we have to many pussies who take words too seriously.

Spawn
11-07-2007, 12:08 AM

Oh those poor whites in this country, victims of double standards, my heart bleeds.

Spawn
11-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Yep, we have to many pussies who take words too seriously.

I love it when a white person tries to tell a Black person that they are being silly when they are offended by something. But then again, this is coming from a guy who would have fought for a persons right to hold slaves back in the day so I should not be surprised.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-07-2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.mattfrazier.net/pics/annoy.gif

PM5K
11-07-2007, 03:54 AM
http://www.mattfrazier.net/pics/annoy.gif

I swear I laughed my ass off on that episode....

Wild Cobra
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I love it when a white person tries to tell a Black person that they are being silly when they are offended by something. But then again, this is coming from a guy who would have fought for a persons right to hold slaves back in the day so I should not be surprised.
OK, I see you focused on the wrong points about my Civil War arguments. I supported States Rights over the Federal Bureaucracy being dictatorial over the states. It was just that simple.

I repeatedly stated slavery was wrong. I guess you only see what you want?