PDA

View Full Version : San Marcos-Austin area GTG: Friday, Nov. 16 (Spurs vs Rockets)

J.T.
11-01-2007, 03:00 AM
Hey guys, I am having a GTG at my place in San Marcos on the 16th for the Spurs vs Rockets game. I've been coordinating this with a few guys in PM and everything is pretty much in place. I've got two TVs, wireless internet if anyone wants to bring their laptops and post at SpursTalk while you watch the game, and we'll most likely get some pizza during the game depending on what people want to do. I just wanted to get the word out early so that anyone wanting to come has enough time to plan for it. SA people are welcome to come if you want to drive out to San Marcos! Anyone can come, just wanted to offer something to the ATX-SM crowd that don't get a chance to go to Kori's GTGs in SA. Post here or PM me to RSVP. Kori or someone, can I get this stickied please?

Tentative guest list so far:
J.T.
whottt
mouse
JoeChalupa
thispego(?)
BrianBird
jaespur21 +1
marini martini
toosmallshoes
ATRAIN

atxrocker
11-01-2007, 03:17 AM
if i didn't have to work, i'd show for sure.

PM5K
11-01-2007, 03:28 AM
So there's a San Marcos GTG before a San Antonio one?

Weak Sauce!

J.T.
11-01-2007, 03:42 AM
So there's a San Marcos GTG before a San Antonio one?

I'm not trying to infringe on the SA GTGs but there are people on this board, myself included, who can't make it out to SA all the time and I'm just trying to offer an alternative. I've got the spare time and I don't mind hosting it so what's it hurt?

MannyIsGod
11-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Slomo
11-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, I am having a GTG at my place in San Marcos on the 16th for the Spurs vs Rockets game. I've been coordinating this with a few guys in PM and everything is pretty much in place. I've got two TVs, wireless internet if anyone wants to bring their laptops and post at SpursTalk while you watch the game, and we'll most likely get some pizza during the game depending on what people want to do. I just wanted to get the word out early so that anyone wanting to come has enough time to plan for it. SA people are welcome to come if you want to drive out to San Marcos! Anyone can come, just wanted to offer something to the ATX-SM crowd that don't get a chance to go to Kori's GTGs in SA. Post here or PM me to RSVP. Kori or someone, can I get this stickied please?

Tentative guest list so far:
J.T.
whottt
mouse
JoeChalupaProps :tu

angel_luv
11-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Have fun you guys! :)

sandman
11-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Should we go ahead and sticky a thread that links to all the individual GTG posts for the Spurs vs. Scola game?

I am sure that we are going to want to get something together here in Houston as well, considering that I think I owe SFIE and twentyone a beer or three...

thispego
11-01-2007, 10:47 AM
hmmm, i might be able to make this one. where do you live in San Marcos, JT? I used to live at the Outpost

whottt
11-01-2007, 11:03 AM
If pego doesn't go to this GTG I'm going to get myself permanently banned from his apt complex.

PS: Bring your TV pego :tu

thispego
11-01-2007, 11:33 AM
improbable, my tv is just toooo big

bdictjames
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Give me 200 bucks and I'll fly over there.

J.T.
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
hmmm, i might be able to make this one. where do you live in San Marcos, JT? I used to live at the Outpost

I live on N LBJ close to the campus.

BrianBird
11-01-2007, 06:22 PM
I live in San Marcos and go to the U but rarely post... used to make it out to the GTG's and basketball tourney's when I was in High School in SA. Would anyone have an objection if I stopped by?

jaespur21
11-01-2007, 07:14 PM
theirs this girl ive been meaning to visit in san marcos. she goes to the U and im always telling her ill go but i dont. thanks for the heads up mayb i can get 2 things done @ once. if its OK ill let u know

J.T.
11-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I live in San Marcos and go to the U but rarely post... used to make it out to the GTG's and basketball tourney's when I was in High School in SA. Would anyone have an objection if I stopped by?

Yeah, anyone is more than welcome to come. I'll put you on the guest list and when it gets closer to the 16th, I'll send out directions to my place to everyone.

theirs this girl ive been meaning to visit in san marcos. she goes to the U and im always telling her ill go but i dont. thanks for the heads up mayb i can get 2 things done @ once. if its OK ill let u know

If she's a Spurs fan (or Rockets, I'm sure some of my Houston friends in town will show up to crash the party) bring her to the GTG dude.

if i didn't have to work, i'd show for sure.

You can't get anyone to trade shifts with you or something? Dunno what your job is like but the whole reason for getting the word out this early is so people can fit it into their schedule if they want to stop by.

jaespur21
11-01-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah having the word out is making me wanna plan this out. and btw my friend is a HUGE spurs fan. so since its cool to bring her i will. im off on saturdays so i just have to get out early on that friday to make it up their

marini martini
11-02-2007, 09:43 PM
count me in, I got a cab :lol :lol :lol :toast

toosmallshoes
11-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd love to come. I live in San Marcos. I used to be a lot more active on this board, but I got too busy doing other things. Where is your house? I live on Meiners Street (right next to Mamacita's).

J.T.
11-03-2007, 01:44 AM
I'd love to come. I live in San Marcos. I used to be a lot more active on this board, but I got too busy doing other things. Where is your house? I live on Meiners Street (right next to Mamacita's).

I live on N LBJ right before the Hillside Ranch apts. I'll be sending out specific directions to everyone a few days before the 16th, so I'll go ahead and add you to the guest list.

ATRAIN
11-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Sounds like fun, I think I should be able to make it. What should I bring? J.T. Hit me up on PM.

J.T.
11-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds like fun, I think I should be able to make it. What should I bring? J.T. Hit me up on PM.

Guess I'll just go ahead and post here so everyone that's coming can plan ahead. Nobody HAS to bring anything, I'm getting two cases of beer and some whiskey, but if everyone that's said they are coming so far shows up, I don't think that will get us to halftime :lol. So if you want to bring something, bring a 6 pack of your favorite beer, a liter of some cheap alcohol, or just bring a few bucks to throw in on the pizza and drink my alcohol. If you want to bring other party snacks like chips or something that's cool too.

mouse
11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Nobody HAS to bring anything, I'm getting two cases of beer and some whiskey,

ok that takes care of Whott Chalupa and me.but what about the others? :smokin

Anyone have a Karaoke machine?

J.T.
11-03-2007, 05:54 PM
ok that takes care of Whott Chalupa and me.but what about the others? :smokin

Anyone have a Karaoke machine?

I think my DVD player has an outlet for a karaoke mic, you just have to bring the karaoke CD/DVDs or whatever and the mic. I'm getting a half gal of whiskey so bring some Dr Peppers or something to chase or mix with. Half gal should be enough for an entire GTG to get their buzz on.

Smackie Chan
11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Brah if you have at least 10 people?
be ready to use up 2 12 packs of Dr peppers for the non drinkers. some bottle water 4 cases of beer and your gallon of jack. You should get by with only 4 pizzas and some chips unless BigSnack shows up and you will have to double that order.
:smokin

Smackie Chan
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Just ask Lj and Kori for some gtg tips!

Dude
11-03-2007, 09:34 PM
You can buy this off eBay real cheap and you don't need any equipment the songs are
on a chip in the Microphone!

http://www.karaokecenter.com/koritechmic.html

http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/a2/04/e8_1.JPG

What is love?
11-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Hey JT I will go if someone from SA (besides Joe Chalupa) offers me a ride!

Lance
11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
This may be the best GTG everrrrrrrrr! count me in!

Re-Animator
11-04-2007, 01:14 AM
This will be Epic count me in!

NORCAL5I0
11-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Put me on da list meng!.........

=RTM=
11-04-2007, 02:35 AM
IN!

I will bring a Nike shoe box full of NBA cards from 1998-2000 worth over 1,500.00 dollars for the first person who Moons JT!

Booty Call
11-04-2007, 02:49 AM
I will bring some friends!

marini martini
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
If I can pawn my jewelry, I'll get A CAB. So count me in :toast What frat house :eyebrows

AlamoSpursFan
11-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Just ask Lj and Kori for some gtg tips!

Get a bottle of Slovenian pear brandy and leave the top off for a couple or three days. Mix in one Mouse and stand back! The fun should commence within a matter of minutes!

:lmao

Looter
11-05-2007, 10:35 AM
will this be a monthly thang?

Re-Animator
11-06-2007, 03:51 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/gtg003.jpg

Horry For 3!
11-08-2007, 02:23 AM
I could actually make this GTG cause I live in San Marcos but I won't be in town then. My brother's first basketball game of the season at home is on Friday, so I will be at that game. Supposely he is going to be the starting PG on Varsity. I guess I will find out.

If there was a GTG this Friday when the Spurs play in New Orleans. I could make it then.

Smackie Chan
11-08-2007, 02:47 AM
IN!

J.T.
11-08-2007, 04:36 AM
I could actually make this GTG cause I live in San Marcos but I won't be in town then. My brother's first basketball game of the season at home is on Friday, so I will be at that game. Supposely he is going to be the starting PG on Varsity. I guess I will find out.

If there was a GTG this Friday when the Spurs play in New Orleans. I could make it then.

I am sure I will do it again on another weekend when the Spurs play a big game.

Horry For 3!
11-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I am sure I will do it again on another weekend when the Spurs play a big game.
Sounds good.

J.T.
11-09-2007, 03:21 AM
Okay for everyone that is planning on coming, the game is going to be on ESPN and I think they tip off at 7:30PM... I have some things to do on Friday afternoon, so I will have my place ready beforehand and I plan to get home between 6:00 and 6:30. So I'll say people can start showing up at 7:00, that's cool with me. I'll send directions how to get to my place and how to contact me in a few days in case other people decide they're coming.

Zombie Terri Schiavo
11-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Will the drinks be free?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-09-2007, 11:14 PM
^ Very sad troll. :lol That's so wrong.

JoeChalupa
11-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I plan on being there. :tu

Indazone
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
;)

Maybe the Spurs can rebound a bit better this time lol.

Hantler
11-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Can folks from SR come?

J.T.
11-13-2007, 03:57 AM
OK, I've PMed directions to everyone that said they were coming. marini martini, I need to know if you're getting a cab or not then I'll send you the PM too.

Just a general notice to everyone that's coming, I will not be getting home till 6PM on Friday. Possibly earlier, but 6PM is a good safety net since I will definitely be home by then. I will have everything set up beforehand so when I get home at 6 I won't have to scramble to get ready for everyone.

The game tips off at 7:00PM!

Plan on arriving between 6 and 7 if you want to make it for tip off.

If you would like to bring something, please bring beer (a 6 pack would be fine) or just some cash to pitch in on the pizza. I will have some alcohol but like I said, I don't know how long that will last.

As far as after-party activities, I didn't really have anything in mind so if someone wants to bring a deck of cards and some chips, we could play poker. Bring some video game controllers for PC and we can play Madden 08 (or if someone has it for PS2, bring it because I don't, and an extra controller since my spare is busted and I only have one now). Or we can just get drunk and celebrate the Spurs win. If someone has some ideas for after party stuff, go ahead and suggest something.

If anyone else would like to come, post here or PM me and I will get the info out to you.

See you guys on Friday!

J.T.
11-13-2007, 06:49 AM

Spurs vs Nuggets on December 15 looks like the next opportunity I will have to throw another GTG at my place. I move out on Dec. 31st and could go out in style with another Spurstalk GTG. And I will be done with this semester a little over a week before that, so pencil that in as the tentative date for the next San Marcos GTG.

Last Comic Standing
11-13-2007, 02:43 PM
If you are moving from that place why not just post the directions in case some last minute ST posters want to go?

marini martini
11-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey J.T., guess I'm not gonna make it Friday. Been spending too much money the past few days. But will definitely try to make the one in December, me and my "girls" will get a hotel. :lol :toast :lol

thispego
11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey J.T., guess I'm not gonna make it Friday. Been spending too much money the past few days. But will definitely try to make the one in December, me and my "girls" will get a hotel. :lol :toast :lol
can't you get a ride with mouse??

marini martini
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks, but I'd rather get a ride from batman :lol

thispego
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
is batman coming?, get a f'n ride with him then... wait wait wait... are you hot?

11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I'am half y half.I like the spurs to win,But i want the rockets to win.
:clap Go Spurs Go y Go Rockets Go. :clap
Hey Spurs Fans,you rock...
san antonio is 7-2

bigzak25
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
sorry to miss it JT.

anniversary today!

catch you guys in december fo sho!

Re-Animator
11-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Then why not bring your wife you fat fuck? Most Anniversaries end at 11:00PM
JT's party doesn't get good till Midnight. I still don't even have a ride yet and I will be there, lame excuse Bigsnack very lame on your part!

bigzak25
11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
sorry to let you down rodent!

you got bee movie yet? :wakeup

JoeChalupa
11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll be heading out asap after work. If mouse needs a ride that will add some travel time.

Hantler
11-16-2007, 05:33 PM
sorry to let you down rodent!

you got bee movie yet? :wakeup

You didn't let mouse down you let JT and ST down!
:depressed

thispego
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
sorry folks, whottt was my ride and he says his tires fell off his jeep :depressed

T Park.
11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Whottt pulling out the jeep broke down card! :lmao

Even Joe Chalupa can be a little more creative!

Jimmy
11-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I could still use a ride if anyone lives by the Medical center.
561-9941

SpurOutofTownFan
11-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Did you guys see that? the presentation of the spurs players on ESPN with the little pictures and LEbron's was instead of Tony Parker?

whottt
11-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Whottt pulling out the jeep broke down card! :lmao

Even Joe Chalupa can be a little more creative!

I didn't say it broke down...but I'm broke right now and my tires are fried on my jeep....I can still drive it, but I'm just not up for getting a flat 30 miles outside of Austin.

I'll be at the next one for sure :tu

J.T.
11-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, I underestimated traffic in Austin and just now got home. Dunno if anyone came by already and saw that no one was home, but I'm back now and a few of my local friends are over here.

Jimmy
11-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I didn't say it broke down...but I'm broke right now and my tires are fried on my jeep....I can still drive it, but I'm just not up for getting a flat 30 miles outside of Austin.

I'll be at the next one for sure :tu

But for a piece of ass you would ride on bare rims! :lmao

Stacie
11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I can bring some Hooter wings I have in the freezer from 4th of July!

thispego
11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
lol. mouse... is this a girl you have been with?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/stacie-1.jpg

J.T.
11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Fun GTG, the close game was perfect because we got to have lots of discussion about Basketball and the Spurs. Thanks everyone that came over. We'll do it again next month!

toosmallshoes
11-17-2007, 02:31 AM
Thanks for having me over. I was the guy with the powder blue warm-up sweater on. Nice to meet you. Let me know if you do it again.

JoeChalupa
11-17-2007, 04:32 PM
It was a good time and the mini guitar jam sessions were great. :tu :smokin

Re-Animator
11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
JT is ST poster of the week! I hope Kori gives you a Spur!