PDA

View Full Version : State GOP lawmaker in gay sex scandal

ElNono
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
WASHINGTON (CNN) – It has been a truly scandalous few months for the GOP — for the third time in three months a Republican lawmaker is accused of soliciting sex with another man.

This time it's Washington State Rep. Richard Curtis — whose “I’m not gay” defense sounds a lot like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen's and Idaho Senator Larry Craig's.

Curtis told the Columbian newspaper in Spokane that he did not have sex with the man.

But the Spokane police department tell CNN a different story.

They say that on October 26, Curtis, dressed in women's lingerie, is alleged to have approached a young man in the "Hollywood Erotic Boutique."

The rest of the story is contained in a graphic 50 page police document. The young man alleges Curtis offered him $1,000 for unprotected sex at a nearby hotel.

And he says, "At the conclusion of the sexual activities, Curtis fell asleep."

The police report says the man, Cody Castagna, then took Curtis’ wallet — in order to extort money from the representative — and "threatened to publicly expose Richard Curtis' gay lifestyle to his wife."

At that point, police say Curtis called on an officer to investigate, hoping the incident would go away once police nabbed a suspect for taking his wallet.

Instead the media got wind of the case and found Curtis' alleged sex partner—who went public with his attorney.

"He gave me his wallet…as collateral for what he promised me" said Castagna.

It's a particularly ugly drama unfolding around another conservative Republican lawmaker. Like Florida State Rep. Bob Allen, who has pled not guilty to a charge of soliciting gay sex in July and Sen. Larry Craig, who is trying to withdraw his guilty plea on a charge of disorderly conduct in a restroom at Minneapolis Airport.

Curtis is married with children — and votes conservatively. He has voted against a domestic partnership bill, and a bill that would have outlawed discrimination based on sexual orientation.

On Wednesday he announced he was resigning his seat and said in a statement: “Events that have recently come to light have hurt a lot of people. I sincerely apologize for any pain my actions may have caused.

“This has been damaging to my family, and I don't want to subject them to any additional pain that might result from carrying out this matter under the scrutiny that comes with holding public office.”

The Spokane County prosecutor is considering whether to bring a charge of extortion against Castagna.

– CNN's Carol Costello

link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/11/01/another-gop-lawmaker-in-gay-sex-scandal/#more-2839)

101A
11-01-2007, 12:24 PM
God damn.

ANY Republican, even a small-time state legislator fucks up (so to speak) and its NATIONAL news.

clambake
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
most closet conservatives use gay bashing tactics in their legislational agenda. thats why.

101A
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
most closet conservatives use gay bashing tactics in their legislational agenda. thats why.Did he?

clambake
11-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Did he?
good question. most do. it's a typical party theme. thats why its news. those are the people they claim to represent. i'd go look if i thought i'd be surprised. i hope he didn't.

101A
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
good question. most do. it's a typical party theme. thats why its news. those are the people they claim to represent. i'd go look if i thought i'd be surprised. i hope he didn't.The article does refer to a couple of "pro gay" bills the dude voted against (one marriage, the other a non-discrimination thing), but if he is voting the will of constituents, you can't blame him for that.

I find it interesting that CNN runs with this, however, in light of the article (granted unsubstantiated) than Yoni posted yesterday regarding a potentially damaging revelation about a PRESIDENTIAL candidate; and the subsequent discuss thereof.

Yonivore
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
God damn.

ANY Republican, even a small-time state legislator fucks up (so to speak) and its NATIONAL news.
That's kind of my point, too. Who fucking cares about a Washington State legislator?

clambake
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
then he's using anti-gay measures to fool his constiuents. another slap in the face of what conservatism used to be. if he hadn't voted against those measures i would be outraged if they didn't leave him alone in this matter.

101A
11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
then he's using anti-gay measures to fool his constiuents. another slap in the face of what conservatism used to be. if he hadn't voted against those measures i would be outraged if they didn't leave him alone in this matter."Fool"?

How are they fooled? I'm sure they didn't want those measures passed. If he'd have been a closet gay, run as a conservative, then voted Barney Frank Party line, then they'd have been fooled in a meaningfull way, and they would have a right to be pissed for being mislead - despite your misguided sense of right and wrong.

It's a democracy.

The people's representative should vote the way the people want. Right?

Spurminator
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
You don't have to know many gays to know that not all of them are in favor of state-sanctioned gay marriage. I don't see why it's always such a shock that there may be gay Republican legislators. Haven't any of you been to Dallas, TX?

101A
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Haven't any of you been to Dallas, TX?Hey, that guy told me he just had a wide stance!

xrayzebra
11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Clam, why do you hate gays when they are Republican.

clambake
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
The people's representative should vote the way the people want. Right?
sure. even if he conned his way to gain their support. i just think it's time to stop calling themselves the "moral party".

101A
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
sure. even if he conned his way to gain their support. i just think it's time to stop calling themselves the "moral party".
So do I.

I wish they would just call themselves:

"The Party that VOTES against anything that benefits homosexuals."

xrayzebra
11-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Clam just hates Republican Homosexuals. He thinks they are
not part of the rainbow coalition.

clambake
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
So do I.

I wish they would just call themselves:

"The Party that VOTES against anything that benefits homosexuals."
thats an excellent suggestion :toast

now, i'm wondering if i should respond to the fossil.

Wild Cobra
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
There are always those in the gay community who take down gay republicans. They use it as a form of power, knowing republicans prefer to stay closeted. What hypocracy.

Would this have been exposed, or even be newsworthy if it was a democrat?

I doubt it.

I think a few years ago there was a gay republican Mayor in Washington too. I think he was outed by his lover when the relationship failed.

clambake
11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
too bad for the mayor. did he try to beat down the gay community with his politics?

JohnnyMarzetti
11-02-2007, 09:04 AM
That's kind of my point, too. Who fucking cares about a Washington State legislator?

Yeah, right. If the idiot was deomocrat you'd be all over it like he's all over men's asses. What a hypocrite you are.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Clam just hates Republican Homosexuals. He thinks they are
not part of the rainbow coalition.

oh ray we all know how you feel about those kind of people..

101A
11-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah, right. If the idiot was deomocrat you'd be all over it like he's all over men's asses. What a hypocrite you are.
If he was a Democrat, we'd probably never hear about it.

JohnnyMarzetti
11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
If he was a Democrat, we'd probably never hear about it.

Oh STFU. You know damn well FauxNews would be all over the story just like they were all over a story about a blow job.

George Gervin's Afro
11-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh STFU. You know damn well FauxNews would be all over the story just like they were all over a story about a blow job.

yes fox would whore the story.. no doubt about it

Spurminator
11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Any examples?

JohnnyMarzetti
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/gop-blows-dudes.jpg

clambake
11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/gop-blows-dudes.jpg
:lol :lol :lol