PDA

View Full Version : Zumaya has shoulder surgery

JamStone
11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071101&content_id=2290421&vkey=pr_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

Zumaya underwent surgery on Wednesday

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers today announced righthanded pitcher Joel Zumaya underwent surgery yesterday at the Scripps Clinic in San Diego. Zumaya had an AC joint reconstruction on his right shoulder, a procedure performed by Dr. Heinz Hoenecke and Dr. Jan Fronek. He was injured moving personal items during the California wildfires.

Zumaya will rest his shoulder for the next six weeks, before he will be able to begin an active rehabilitation program. He is expected to begin a strengthening program in three months and it is anticipated he will begin a throwing program in four months. The club is hopeful Zumaya will return to pitching at the mid-season point in 2008.

Thunder Dan
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Didn't he sit out with finger problems? or was that Rodney? Also, was he held out the last couple weeks because of this or did he continue to pitch?

Marklar MM
11-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Didn't he sit out with finger problems? or was that Rodney? Also, was he held out the last couple weeks because of this or did he continue to pitch?

Zumaya tore a ligament/tendon in his right middle finger, which sidelined him a good portion of the year. He pitched from his return to the end.

Thunder Dan
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Zumaya tore a ligament/tendon in his right middle finger, which sidelined him a good portion of the year. He pitched from his return to the end.

So was this surgury planned to happen or is this unexpected news to you?

MajorMike
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
He was injured moving personal items during the California wildfires.

I'd say it was unplanned until socal started burning a couple weeks ago.

Thunder Dan
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
oh man, I couldn't open the link on my computer so I didn't read the article

jochhejaam
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Mark Fidrych Part II

MajorMike
11-01-2007, 10:20 PM
oh man, I couldn't open the link on my computer so I didn't read the article

He has the text posted in his post.

T Park
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
sad story.

moving boxes in the attick of his house for his parents.

And some shift and hurt him.

Too bad.

Reggie Miller
11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Mark Fidrych Part II

I'm starting to think you may be right. As long as he isn't Mark Prior Part Deux, there may still be some hope. I'm afraid that by the time he gets his act/health together, he may be playing elsewhere.

DarkReign
11-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Way I hear it, his injury didnt happen moving boxes. He was dirt-biking in the sand dunes and took a hard fall. He was extracted by medical personel and onlookers.

I dont have a link. All I have is some rumor. Maybe its right, maybe its wrong. We'll see.

JamStone
11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
He has the text posted in his post.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head over that statement too.

Thanks, CaptObvious

tlongII
11-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Way I hear it, his injury didnt happen moving boxes. He was dirt-biking in the sand dunes and took a hard fall. He was extracted by medical personel and onlookers.

I dont have a link. All I have is some rumor. Maybe its right, maybe its wrong. We'll see.

That certainly seems more likely. The moving boxes thing is probably a construct to protect his contract.

Marklar MM
11-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Thats what I was thinking, but I figured it was probably four wheeling. They had this on the Sports Inferno the day it happened and Boudini searched for what the injury was and the site he was on said that it was an injury resulting from taking a hard fall on your shoulder.

DarkReign
11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Thats what I was thinking, but I figured it was probably four wheeling. They had this on the Sports Inferno the day it happened and Boudini searched for what the injury was and the site he was on said that it was an injury resulting from taking a hard fall on your shoulder.

Youre right, I did mean 4 wheeling. But you know what I meant, he was on an ATV of some sort and took a bad spill. So "they" say.

MajorMike
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Was he hanging out with Kent?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I heard he hurt it in the Kumite.

Chong Li is a bad man.

Now I show you trick or two!