PDA

View Full Version : NBA-FedEX campaign to include Spurs' Parker and Ginobili

duncan228
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2007/10/29/daily29.html

NBA-FedEX campaign to include Spurs' Parker and Ginobili

San Antonio Business Journal - by W. Scott Bailey

The NBA and FedEx Corp. have extended their United States marketing partnership that is centered around a core of international players.

San Antonio Spurs guards Tony Parker (France) and Manu Ginobili (Argentina) will be a key part of that effort.

The FedEx deal makes it the official air and ground delivery service of the NBA. Other international players to be involved in the marketing campaign include Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash (Canada), Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng (England/Sudan), and New Orleans Hornets forward Peja Stojakovic (Serbia).

These players, which FedEx has branded as "Global Leaders," will highlight the company's international reach in a variety of national advertisements, NBA promotions and via league media properties such as NBA.com and NBA TV.

"We have had an overwhelmingly successful relationship with FedEx and this extension allows us to continue to capitalize on the commonalities of our brands," says Mark Tatum, senior vice president of marketing partnerships for the NBA.

"When you combine the global reach of FedEx with the international diversity of our game, it presents us with an enormous platform to jointly market the NBA and FedEx to our fans," Tatum says.

FedEx will continue to present the "Go Around the World with FedEx" weekly feature that appears on NBA TV and NBA.com throughout the NBA season.

As part of this weekly highlight-based feature, NBA.com will host the Go Around the World with FedEx weekly sweepstakes. The grand prize winner will receive a trip around the world courtesy of FedEx.

The Spurs' Parker is one of the first international players to win the NBA Finals MVP award. Parker achieved that honor last season, as the Spurs won their fourth NBA championship in the last nine seasons.

FedEx (NYSE: FDX) is a Memphis-based ground and air transportation company.

T Park
11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Very international Canadia is.

101A
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Very international Canadia is.I was thnking.

I live in PA; Canada's, well, exactly.

sa_butta
11-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Very international Canadia is.Yeah lets get Najara in there too.

CubanMustGo
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I think you guys need to familiarize yourself with a dictionary. International doesn't mean "outside North America."

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-01-2007, 03:12 PM
The Spurs' Parker is one of the first international players to win the NBA Finals MVP award. Parker achieved that honor last season, as the Spurs won their fourth NBA championship in the last nine seasons.

Correction, Tony is the first international player to win an NBA finals MVP award. Unless he's thinking of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

101A
11-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I think you guys need to familiarize yourself with a dictionary. International doesn't mean "outside North America."
:downspin:

T Park
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Someone needs to get a sense of humor..

MaNuMaNiAc
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Correction, Tony is the first international player to win an NBA finals MVP award. Unless he's thinking of the U.S. Virgin Islands.Apparently Tim is international when it suits, otherwise he's American. Its a joke

Solid D
11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
"Canadia"?

:lol

See, I have a sense of humor!

Thompson
11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
The German MVP of the NBA is noticeably absent. I guess they decided not to go with the theme "FedEx... We deliver*

*unless it's important, in which case you'd better go with UPS."

duncan228
11-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Apparently Tim is international when it suits, otherwise he's American. Its a joke

I think when Duncan put on a USA basketball uniform it began to suit people more that he's an American.

duncan228
11-01-2007, 08:49 PM
The German MVP of the NBA is noticeably absent. I guess they decided not to go with the theme "FedEx... We deliver*

*unless it's important, in which case you'd better go with UPS."

:lol

Lady M
11-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Apparently Tim is international when it suits, otherwise he's American. Its a joke
Tony is the first European but Olajuwon can be the first international (i don't know when he became american)

jmard5
11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Correction, Tony is the first international player to win an NBA finals MVP award. Unless he's thinking of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Olajuwon's a Nigerian.

samikeyp
11-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Very international Canadia is.

or as we call it up here in Michigan "Upper America"
:)

samikeyp
11-02-2007, 08:19 AM

Actually...if you went from the US, Canada, or Mexico to a country outside North America, you would be traveling internationally.
:)

wildbill2u
11-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Manu should be on a commercial which emphasizes the slogan;

"When you absolutely have to have a win delivered on time."

abelle23
11-02-2007, 03:28 PM

"When you absolutely have to have a win delivered on time." :tu

MoSpur
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM