PDA

View Full Version : Spurs had it to easy on opeing night according to Pat Riley

yeahone
11-02-2007, 12:07 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/01/pat-riley-says-the-spurs-had-it-too-easy-on-opening-night/

''They sent our most bitter rival for ring ceremony night, and San Antonio got, basically, the worst team in the league,'' Riley said, half-jokingly, about the Trail Blazers, who used the first pick in the draft on center Greg Oden, who is injured. ``Thank you [commissioner] David [Stern]. We got the shark eater who wanted us badly. I would have liked to have seen maybe Atlanta or somebody.''

bdictjames
11-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, yeah, Pat.

Your team is just plain pathetic right now. If I had the time and the effort I'd write a 10000- page essay on how the Heat suck ass. But I don't. Im just gonna say they're pathetic.

bigfan
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Riles ought to be looking at his own teams problems and not worrying himself about others.

The Franchise
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, yeah, Pat.

Your team is just plain pathetic right now. If I had the time and the effort I'd write a 10000- page essay on how the Heat suck ass. But I don't. Im just gonna say they're pathetic.
agreed.

sprrs
11-02-2007, 12:31 PM
The league must have sent the Heat their bitter rival Bulls last year in order to get swept, while we got lucky and got the "lowly" Nuggets.

inconvertible
11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.asinari.it/violin.jpg

SAtown
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I think he's still sore about last year's ring ceremony

sa_butta
11-02-2007, 12:38 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/01/pat-riley-says-the-spurs-had-it-too-easy-on-opening-night/

''They sent our most bitter rival for ring ceremony night, and San Antonio got, basically, the worst team in the league,'' Riley said, half-jokingly, about the Trail Blazers, who used the first pick in the draft on center Greg Oden, who is injured. ``Thank you [commissioner] David [Stern]. We got the shark eater who wanted us badly. I would have liked to have seen maybe Atlanta or somebody.''Really who cares about opening night matchup? last time I checked all NBA teams still have to play 82 games plus playoffs.

da_suns_fan__
11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
You think that comment might end up on the chalkboard the next time the Blazers play the Heat?

Solid D
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Next time the league will need to check with the #1 Draft Pick Franchise-Changing Player to see if he is going to get hurt, need microfracture repairs and miss the season...before setting up it's schedule.

ducks
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM

''They sent our most bitter rival for ring ceremony night, and San Antonio got, basically, the worst team in the league,'' Riley said, half-jokingly, about the Trail Blazers, who used the first pick in the draft on center Greg Oden, who is injured. ``Thank you [commissioner] David [Stern]. We got the shark eater who wanted us badly. I would have liked to have seen maybe Atlanta or somebody.''

oden was suppose to be the next great thing
so they featured him
not nba's fault he can not get off the coach without getting hurt

Kobulingam
11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
oden was suppose to be the next great thing
so they featured him
not nba's fault he can not get off the coach without getting hurt

He was doing McMillan at the time of his injury? :wtf

SpursDynasty
11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I actually agree with Riley. They gave us the worst possible opening night team to play...even if they had Oden who eventually flaked out on Team USA AND the Blazers. He's making money by doing nothing now.

Should've given us Phoenix, Dallas, Boston on opening night. Who cares about some overrated high school playground kid?

stretch
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I actually agree with Riley. They gave us the worst possible opening night team to play...even if they had Oden who eventually flaked out on Team USA AND the Blazers. He's making money by doing nothing now.

Should've given us Phoenix, Dallas, Boston on opening night. Who cares about some overrated high school playground kid?
I thought Dallas sucks? If they suck, then why would you want to see them opening night? This post must be a fluke. We all know that Jeff here, is always is on top of things.

foodie2
11-02-2007, 01:02 PM
He was doing McMillan at the time of his injury?

:lol :lol :lol

Kermit
11-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Who cares about some overrated high school playground kid?

Pretty much the entire bastketball watching population, obviously excluding you.

TheZackAttack!
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM

I'd of loved to of seen the suns on opening night and beat them like a red headed step child again.

MoSpur
11-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Riley calling the Trailblazers the worst team is wrong. I'm sure Portland will remember that when they meet up.

G-Nob
11-02-2007, 01:19 PM
He shouldn't have dogged on Atlanta like that.

easjer
11-02-2007, 01:38 PM
There is never a reason to make a comment like that. Classless. Blazers will absolutely use those words as ammunition. And frankly, for their debut as the new and improved Portland, they were damn good. Far exceeded my expectations of the team or the game without Oden.

It's game you are involved with in a professional context, have some class and say nothing or find something nice to say. Riley's such a jerk.

Slomo
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
He was doing McMillan at the time of his injury? :wtf:lol:lol:lol

florige
11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Don't worry. When the Heat are 11-23 or something like that Riley will step down for "health reasons", and then when someone else comes in and brings them back to respectibility he'll come back to take all the credit.

nfg3
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Dumped on Portland and Atlanta. Yup, I agree that would be bulletinboard material for those teams. I'd say Riley is in midseason form already. Too bad his team wasn't then and isn't now. Though missing Dwayne tends to make you a lesser team. Shaq looked old and worn out. He just didn't seem to have it so I'm hoping he can work his way into some kind of playing rhythm. Expect him to go down during the season.

But you play the hand dealt you and Miami has folded two years in a row. Time to focus on what you can fix rather than what you can't.

wildbill2u
11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Riley was probably trying to be funny--but when the quote is taken out of context it sure provides raw meat for the Spurs, Blazers and Atlanta fans and possibly their players if the coaches bulletin board it.

I doubt Pop or the Spurs will pay any attention.

101A
11-02-2007, 03:53 PM
You think that comment might end up on the chalkboard the next time the Blazers play the Heat?...or Hawks?

TampaDude
11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
You think that comment might end up on the chalkboard the next time the Blazers play the Heat?

Mark your calendars...Miami @ Portland...Thursday, December 6th...10:30 pm ET on TNT. :hat

pawe
11-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I doubt Pop or the Spurs will pay any attention.

Do they ever pay attention to anything other than themselves? Damn selfish people.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
11-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Who cares about some overrated high school playground kid?

ARE YOU JOKING ???

If this guy stays healthy he has Hall of Fame written all over him.

Did you not watch the the NCAA Title game where 2 lottery picks, a 2nd rounder, and a future first rounder were completely helpless against him.

For the Spurs, every Phoenix and Dallas game is an automatic sellout while Portland isn't so I see it as a benifit to them to face the trailblazers on opening night.

And a reason the NBA might schedule Portland is because, health permitting, they are the Spurs of tomorrow. It makes sense to have Oden, Roy, and Aldridge present as we get our rings and the banner raised.

Give them a taste of what their future holds if they work hard enough...