PDA

View Full Version : Dallas vs Cleveland and Phoenix vs Seattle

SpursDynasty
11-02-2007, 01:09 PM
First of all, Dallas showed no class the other night by running up the score. You've got Cleveland beat by 25 or so, and you have Dirk and all your starters in the game jacking up shots with 2 minutes to go. I'd say on average, Dallas' starters play about 700 minutes more each than they need to each season.

Second, Phoenix...Seattle was the better team the other night. You got VERY lucky that they missed some ridiculously easy point-blank shots.

Kermit
11-02-2007, 01:12 PM
How many more people are going to bitch about professional teams running up the score? They make millions, they'll get over it. If you don't like it, play defense.

stretch
11-02-2007, 01:16 PM
First of all, Dallas showed no class the other night by running up the score. You've got Cleveland beat by 25 or so, and you have Dirk and all your starters in the game jacking up shots with 2 minutes to go. I'd say on average, Dallas' starters play about 700 minutes more each than they need to each season.

How did Dallas run up the score, when they were up by 25, and won by 18?

And they were only in the game because there was no stoppage of play in the last several minutes to take them out.

G-Nob
11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Its very important for the dallas psyche that they show the world they're better than the defending eastern conf champs in Oct.

SRJ
11-02-2007, 01:18 PM
"Running up the score" :rofl

God, the Dallas Mavericks were such big meanies the other night! I'm telling Mom!

Slomo
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Wrong forum:wrongf

monosylab1k
11-02-2007, 01:52 PM
First of all, Dallas showed no class the other night by running up the score.
I'll tell you what's classless, the way you upstaged Josh Daniels last night at Buffalo Wild Wings. Your 18 minute long drum solo was completely unecessary. Everyone knows you're the real star of the band so why rub it in Josh's face like that?

Xylus
11-02-2007, 02:19 PM
25 points is a surmountable lead in basketball.

wildbill2u
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Its very important for the dallas psyche that they show the world they're better than the defending eastern conf champs in Oct.
They didn't need to show the world. AJ probably decided they need to show themselves they were championship caliber and not chokers. It was a coach's confidence building ploy for a bunch of weak sisters.

stretch
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
25 points is a surmountable lead in basketball.
Not really. The Lakers came back on us before after being down by like 28 in the 4th. We also came back on Toronto once after being down like 27 or 28 in the 4th.

vicphoenix
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Second, Phoenix...Seattle was the better team the other night. You got VERY lucky that they missed some ridiculously easy point-blank shots.

I am not saying that Phoenix is a good defensive team, but why is it that when other teams miss shots against them, it can be concluded that the other team just shot poorly. The Suns did play some decent defense in the fourth quarter against the Sonics. If the Suns defense was so poor, than why did the Sonics only shoot 41 percent and score 99 points?

FlyHigh07
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Oh, PLEASE. You are just fucking worried about Phoenix. Let it go.

Clearly, Seattle are the ones who were lucky last night.

JeffDynasty
11-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Running up the score would be like Josh closing our show with a 20 minute long solo after the crowd has already been rocked. I'd say on average that's about 7,000 more notes than needed. It would be totally classless. Just play the solo you're supposed to play.

dirk4mvp
11-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Not Dallas's fault their wonderkid only put up 10 points.

resistanze
11-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Not really. The Lakers came back on us before after being down by like 28 in the 4th. We also came back on Toronto once after being down like 27 or 28 in the 4th.
He agrees with you, he said 'surmountable' not 'insurmountable.'

Nashfan
11-02-2007, 05:06 PM

You are proving that you are not too intelligent. :rolleyes Read what word he used again. :)

mavs>spurs2
11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Running up the score would be like Josh closing our show with a 20 minute long solo after the crowd has already been rocked. I'd say on average that's about 7,000 more notes than needed. It would be totally classless. Just play the solo you're supposed to play.
:lmao

Nashfan
11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Whoops, Resistanze, you beat me to it! :lol