Lp26
11-03-2007, 01:25 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21605418/

WTH?! LOL

LakeShow
11-03-2007, 01:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21605418/

WTH?! LOL

:lol They'll probably sweeten up the pot now. Damn, Kobe is as good as gone now! That's cool though, the lakers will get some good players out of it and be pretty good.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
That's got to be rough for the young kids comprising their core talent. They have a ton of potential, but I guess patience isn't Bulls fans' gift? It would be a shame to do something hasty, give up way more talent than is necessary, then get stuck with a 50-win, second-round exit team with no more room to improve.

JamStone
11-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Doubt Paxson will make the move now simply because fans chant Kobe's name. Doubt he sweetens the pot either.

I'm thinking all the Kobe talk probably plays a factor in Deng not playing that well last night, as well as he and the Bulls not reaching an agreement on an extension.

Mr. Body
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Bulls have no business losing to Philadelphia. That's embarrassing.

mardigan
11-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Ive been saying it since last year, this Bulls team might be the most overated team in the NBA

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Why?

picnroll
11-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Ben Wallace 24:35 minutes, 4 rebounds, 1 point. All for a mere $190,000 for the nights work.

mardigan
11-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Why?
No post scorer, no real go-to guy, inconsistent play from the point guard position, undersized chucker who might be their best player, overpaid center with no scoring ability,and I dont really like their bench. They will struggle to get 40 wins this year, teams arent going to be surprised by them this year. Plus, Im sure all the Kobe talk didnt help any of their young guys confidence.

JMarkJohns
11-03-2007, 01:33 PM
No post scorer, no real go-to guy, inconsistent play from the point guard position, undersized chucker who might be their best player, overpaid center with no scoring ability,and I dont really like their bench. They will struggle to get 40 wins this year, teams arent going to be surprised by them this year. Plus, Im sure all the Kobe talk didnt help any of their young guys confidence.

That's fair enough, but it sounds a lot like the Pistons teams of this deacde. Same defensive big man roaming the paint, some talented but shot-chucking wings, an offense where probably 90% of the points is generated by the wings, no real depth. Granted, they are much younger and less experienced, so I'm not saying they are the Pistons, but I think you can succeed in the East without a post player and with wing chuckers. Plus, Gordon and Deng are each good enough to hit the big shot when necessary.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Deng, Gordon
SF: Nocioni, Sefolosha
PF: Smith, Thomas
C: Wallace, Noah

I think they have enough of a bench and a quality enough starting unit to be a top-3 team in the East. I'm not saying they aren't overrated, or that they won't struggle vs. the better Eastern teams, but I think they have plenty of young talent, a good defense and good enough coach to weather this small storm and end up near, if not at the top of the Conference when all is said and done.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 01:43 PM
bullfans are stupid.

Mr. Body
11-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Bulls should definitely pull the trigger for Kobe, but if the price is just like Deng + Gordon. What they have now isn't going to get much better. Some top notch secondary guys, some good young hustlers, some decent role players, but none of them will be a star.

leroyjenkins
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeLL035LbE

itzsoweezee
11-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Bulls should definitely pull the trigger for Kobe, but if the price is just like Deng + Gordon. What they have now isn't going to get much better. Some top notch secondary guys, some good young hustlers, some decent role players, but none of them will be a star.

i agree. gordon is good, not great and is not going to get much better than he is now. Deng has potential to be really good, but he's not a franchise player.

they were dumb to trade away tyson chandler. now they've got another, younger, not as good version of chandler in noah when what they really needed was scoring.

i don't think paxson has any idea on how to run a team.

mystargtr34
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
That's fair enough, but it sounds a lot like the Pistons teams of this deacde. Same defensive big man roaming the paint

Ben Wallace of 04 and Ben Wallace of 07 are two completely different players.

some talented but shot-chucking wings, an offense where probably 90% of the points is generated by the wings, no real depth

Rasheed Wallace

Previous Piston teams would destroy this team...heck even last years watered down one did.. and theyve also improved (but so have the Bulls)

Lp26
11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
That's fair enough, but it sounds a lot like the Pistons teams of this deacde. Same defensive big man roaming the paint, some talented but shot-chucking wings, an offense where probably 90% of the points is generated by the wings, no real depth. Granted, they are much younger and less experienced, so I'm not saying they are the Pistons, but I think you can succeed in the East without a post player and with wing chuckers. Plus, Gordon and Deng are each good enough to hit the big shot when necessary.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon
SG: Deng, Gordon
SF: Nocioni, Sefolosha
PF: Smith, Thomas
C: Wallace, Noah

I think they have enough of a bench and a quality enough starting unit to be a top-3 team in the East. I'm not saying they aren't overrated, or that they won't struggle vs. the better Eastern teams, but I think they have plenty of young talent, a good defense and good enough coach to weather this small storm and end up near, if not at the top of the Conference when all is said and done.

That's not a good assessment of the Pistons. Rasheed Wallace can score in the post as can Prince who actually has been dominating in the post as of late. Rip is not a chucker. Chauncey, while he can be, actually can run a team. The DET guards are not undersized. The bench point was valid but not as this year.

The main difference is the Bulls don't seem to have any sort of killer instict or a great clutch player. Deng tends to dissappear in the 4th; Gordon turns it over more often than not.

I do agree that they can be a top team in the East,but without a post scorer or a go to guy, they will have tons of trouble.

SpursIndonesia
11-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh man, the Bulls are just PATHETIC with caps tonite against the Bucks, i watched it live.

boutons_
11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Bulls shot 35% and lose, naturally.

Bucks shot 33% and won. :lol

rep
11-04-2007, 01:35 AM
Bulls always start out like crap, don't they??

Spawn
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM
That's got to be rough for the young kids comprising their core talent. They have a ton of potential, but I guess patience isn't Bulls fans' gift? It would be a shame to do something hasty, give up way more talent than is necessary, then get stuck with a 50-win, second-round exit team with no more room to improve.

Yes we do have a ton of potential, but you know the Bulls, we are always trading away our young potential in order to get a "safe veteran." Hopefully the Bulls have learned their lesson, but I am not holding my breath.

Spawn
11-04-2007, 02:38 PM

That is a fair assesment but you have got to remember that we are still a pretty young team finding our way. Struggle to get 40 wins, unlikely. We do play in the East and we will get to 50 wins.

Spawn
11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
i agree. gordon is good, not great and is not going to get much better than he is now. Deng has potential to be really good, but he's not a franchise player.

they were dumb to trade away tyson chandler. now they've got another, younger, not as good version of chandler in noah when what they really needed was scoring.

i don't think paxson has any idea on how to run a team.

We have let Tyson Chandler, Elton Brand, Eddy Curry, and so many other peolpe go and then they go on another team and break out. I swear I :pctoss

Kamnik
11-04-2007, 04:45 PM
1. Bulls fans that chanted that are stupid... really stupid and ungrateful.

2. Bulls put a cock up their own ass by letting Chandler go and overpaying overhyped Wallace!!!

I still dont understand why they did it. I understood why they let Curry go... but never why this shit with chandler and Wallacer!

---------------------

If i would be Bulls GM i would try to trade Gordon+Wallace for some good pieces to soround Deng, Hinrich and others. (NOT KOBE!!!)

JMarkJohns
11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Not to mention the drafting of Tyrus Thomas over LaMarcus Aldridge. I mean, if you had Chandler, whether or not you are thinking of trading him, and you have intentions of signing Wallace, then why draft a smallish PF with limited offensive game over a PF/C with legit size and strength and low post scoring?

Spawn
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Not to mention the drafting of Tyrus Thomas over LaMarcus Aldridge. I mean, if you had Chandler, whether or not you are thinking of trading him, and you have intentions of signing Wallace, then why draft a smallish PF with limited offensive game over a PF/C with legit size and strength and low post scoring?

Hell why don't we just throw in Jayson Williams as well. Even though that was out of the team's control, it still royally screwed us.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Jayson Williams shot his limo driver. Jason (Jay) Williams drove his stunt cycle into a tree legs first. I never liked that pick, and I'm on record as saying he wasn't likely to ever be that star Chicago was looking for, but I wouldn't say it was a blunder. At the time a dominant scoring guard was what they needed and the only other one available in that draft was Dujan Wagner, who was equally a bust.

Drafting the smallish Thomas over Aldridge was a HUGE gaffe. One that may affect them for a decade, or, at least, until they land a low post player.