PDA

View Full Version : Bulls are 8-6 since their 0-9 start face pistons tonight

ducks
12-22-2004, 03:37 PM
While the Chicago Bulls have much to prove before being considered a playoff contender, a win over the defending NBA champions certainly would help their cause.

The Bulls, whose recent play is evoking memories of their glory days, look to end a nine-game losing streak to the Detroit Pistons when the teams meet for the first time this season.

Chicago has won four straight for the first time since the 1998 championship team won 13 in a row, and has a chance to make a statement against Detroit. The Bulls can move within three games of the third-place Pistons in the Central Division if they beat Detroit for the first time since a 102-101 victory on April 10, 2002.

Ben Gordon scored nine of his 23 points in the fourth quarter and Chicago beat the Portland Trail Blazers 92-87 on Monday.

The Bulls are 8-6 since their 0-9 start and Gordon believes the improved play will continue.

ADVERTISEMENT
``When you are winning it's always fun, but I know we can continue to get better,'' said the rookie guard, who is averaging 12 points.

Bulls forward Antonio Davis played despite a bruised jaw. He left Saturday's 85-71 win over the Indiana Pacers in the third quarter after he was hit in the side of the head as he was driving to the basket. Davis, who also sustained a mild concussion, finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds Monday.

Detroit had a two-game winning streak end Saturday, losing 75-74 to the Trail Blazers when Darius Miles made a free throw with 0.5 seconds left.

Chauncey Billups tied the game with a 3-pointer with 7.8 seconds left, but Ben Wallace was called for a foul after colliding with Miles, who was driving to the basket.

Detroit got a scare when Wallace limped to the locker room in the last minute of the first half with a sprained left ankle, but he returned for the second half.

Richard Hamilton scored 11 but missed 19-of-22 shots. He has shot under 40 percent in three of his last five games.

``I was trying to get him (Hamilton) to dump the ball off,'' Pistons coach Larry Brown said. ``But he has won a lot of games for us making big shots, and you believe they were going to go in. That's just trust, but I think sometimes you have to trust your teammates a little more.''

ALVAREZ6
12-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Go Chapu.