PDA

View Full Version : Horry is planning to return next week

Spurs Brazil
11-03-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA110307.06C.BKNspurs.horry.3bf9103.html

Horry is planning to return next week

Web Posted: 11/03/2007 12:54 AM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

Spurs forward Robert Horry set Wednesday's home game against Miami as his goal to return to the team's lineup after missing the past three weeks to tend to personal business.
Horry attended Tuesday's regular-season opener to receive his 2007 championship ring, but returned to his offseason home in Houston afterwards. He was with the Spurs at their morning shootaround Friday, doing some stretching and shooting, but did not suit up as his teammates dismantled the Sacramento Kings at AT&T Center.

"I was just starting to get my rhythm when I had to leave," Horry said. "If we have enough practices the next few days, I think I can be ready to suit up by the Miami game, but I'm not going to rush it."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he has no timetable for Horry's return, but said there was no need for the 16-year veteran to rush back.

Signed on: It's official: Tim Duncan will be with the Spurs through 2011-12.

Duncan signed a two-year, $40 million extension that gives the club considerable salary cap flexibility in the talent-rich free agent summer of 2010. He was eligible for an extension worth $51 million, but agreed to the lesser amount.

"Tim Duncan has established himself as one of the best players in NBA history," Popovich said. "Despite the individual accolades he has attained what makes him truly great is his dedication to his team. He is the ultimate teammate."

Udrih gets ring: Former Spurs point guard Beno Udrih returned to San Antonio with his new team and received his 2007 championship ring.

The Spurs traded Udrih to Minnesota on Monday, but the Timberwolves immediately waived him. The Kings signed him to a contract for the remainder of the season on Thursday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Welcome back Horry.
Well down to the IR Ian will be a goin'.

exstatic
11-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Pop bring RoHo and Vaughn along slowly, like for the rest of November, so that we can see what Ian and DWash have for a month or so of NBA minutes before the DLeague season starts. Robert is usually horrible before January, and average until March.

Mr. Body
11-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Horry may get a ton of DNPs this year. Which is fine.

T Park
11-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Tell him to go back to Houston and don't come back unless they call him. Come back about January 10th.

SAtown
11-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Horry may get a ton of DNPs this year. Which is fine.

DNP - Old Age?

timvp
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Pop bring RoHo and Vaughn along slowly, like for the rest of November, so that we can see what Ian and DWash have for a month or so of NBA minutes before the DLeague season starts. Exactly. Why rush it? Horry and Vaughn don't need five months to get ready for the playoffs. Each rely more on being smart as opposed to sheer athleticism.

I'm all for upping their minutes in February and March but as of now, make them practice and put them in games here and there but no need to rush things. If it means the Spurs lose a couple more games because they go with younger players at the beginning of the season, that's fine. I'd rather that than those two guys being worn down in the playoffs and have the young guys too inexperienced to help if needed.

spurscenter
11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Wait till we get the first loss

everyone is gonna scream murder that Horry left his team. lol

barbacoataco
11-03-2007, 08:05 PM
In the playoffs can teams change their 12 man active roster from game to game? I think that they can now, but not in the past.

TampaDude
11-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Horry has hit some big shots in his career, but long after he retires, we Spurs fans will still remember his biggest shot of all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSxGriD6GA

:toast

spurscenter
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
can someoene fill me in on why Horry had to leave?

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2007, 01:07 AM
can someoene fill me in on why Horry had to leave?

undisclosed personal matters

spurscenter
11-04-2007, 01:51 AM
That Is So Fucking Funny, That Signature

TampaDude
11-04-2007, 09:33 AM
That Is So Fucking Funny, That Signature

Ditto...that's some funny shit right there... :lol