PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Protocol Question

thothmela
11-03-2007, 02:24 PM
So I go to a restaurant with my friends. I have a high threshold for spicy foods, think of someone you know who can have a lot of spices and now double that.

I order pasta and tell the waiter can you somehow make it spicy? He goes sure thing. I get it back and when put my fork into the pasta to let it cool down, I could smell the spices, all my friends did. This chef basically threw in an entire bottle of hotsauce, pepper flakes, and red powder spices. I could barely eat it. I had to throw ice cubes into the pasta so I could manage. I had 6 glasses of water.

It was basically gonna give me the shits, but my friends made sure I didn't return it and finished it. I did. Today?? The janitor at work better get a gas mask before he cleans the bathroom.

Question:

I didn't tell waiter or chef I wanted the pasta this spicy, just that I wanted it spicy. Was I in liberty to return the pasta and ask for another pasta? Could I have avoided today's shit runs?

TheSanityAnnex
11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Of course.

missmyzte
11-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, you can always return a plate but you should always be careful about pissing off a waiter or a chef before you get your food. Once you get your food, you can take more liberties ...

Sapphire
11-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Spicy is too vague a term. You should have told him specifically how spicy you wanted it, or what you wanted it spiced with. I see this as your fault entirely. Sorry.

Pistons < Spurs
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Spicy is too vague a term. You should have told him specifically how spicy you wanted it, or what you wanted it spiced with. I see this as your fault entirely. Sorry.

Exactly.

It's not like asking for a steak to be cooked well done ... where there is an established expectation of what 'well done' is.

You're better off just adding some red hot to the plate yourself once the food is brought to you.

T Park
11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah order the pasta then ask for a jar of red pepper flakes.

kobe_bryant
11-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Even if you couldn't eat it, that means it must have been firehouse hot. Return that shit and make them try it.

bendmz
11-03-2007, 07:21 PM
you ask for SPICY !!!!!!
goddamnit you got spicy and you can't handle it !!!!!
CANDYASS :lmao

Spurfect
11-03-2007, 09:04 PM
that made me laugh. sounds like the chef was a sarcastic mofo! :lol:

marini martini
11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
that made me laugh. sounds like the chef was a sadistic mofo!

ShoogarBear
11-04-2007, 12:25 AM
that made me laugh. sounds like your friends were some sadistic mofos!

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
You asked for spicy, you got spicy.

Next time just ask them to put a dash of Cayenne or just ask for some red pepper flakes on the side and control the heat yourself.

I will sorry for your asshole, though.