PDA

View Full Version : Cheney Makes The Call...

Nbadan
11-04-2007, 01:30 AM
For the GOP candidate in 08'.....

Vice President Dick Cheney this afternoon said he is convinced that a Republican candidate will win the 2008 presidential election, but declined to say who he thinks is the favorite.

"I frankly think a Republican will win the '08 election. There's no question in my mind," Mr. Cheney said during an interview with a conservative radio-show host in Dallas, Texas.

"But I have stayed scrupulously neutral. I didn't want to tilt it one way or the other," Mr. Cheney said.

Mr. Cheney said he and President Bush are in the same position and do not want to say which Republican candidate they favor.

"It wouldn't be fair to whoever I didn't name," Mr. Cheney said. "Or, on the other hand, if I named somebody, it might not help him."

Washington Times (http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2007/11/vice_president_dick_cheney_thi.html)

Ummm yeah, except that this is the way Cheney saw the 06 midterms....

WASHINGTON -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday that the Republicans will prevail in the midterm elections because of a strong economy and the ability of the Bush administration to prevent another terrorist attack.

Polls show voters favor Democrats taking charge in November, but Cheney said the GOP will maintain its majority control in the Senate and House. He cited an economy that's "kicking along in very good shape" and President Bush's record in the war on terror.

"And we protected the United States against further attack from the terrorists," Cheney said in an interview on Sean Hannity's radio show. "You can't guarantee there won't be further attacks, but I think the track record is remarkable."

At his news conference Wednesday, Bush also predicted Republican victories in November, saying the GOP "philosophy is one that is forward-looking and optimistic and has worked."

Link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/15/AR2006061501334.html)

Chaney later went on in his speech in Dallas declared Hugo Chavez the leader of Peru....

George Gervin's Afro
11-04-2007, 08:49 AM
dick's a dick. a evil one at that.