PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Adrian Peterson!

NBA Junkie
11-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Set NFL single game rushing record with 296 yards!

ATRAIN
11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
That Was Amazing!!

dimsah
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I thought he was going to be a good back because of how good he was in college, but I didn't think he was going to be this good. He's over 1,000 yards for the season already and he's only played 8 games.

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 05:15 PM
He's been amazing so far . . . let's see how long that lasts.

djohn14
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow...I was only watching that game because the Colts-Patriots were about to come on...He is now my favorite player.

ducks
11-04-2007, 05:46 PM
how in the hell you overlook vikings

NBA Junkie
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Cause they were looking at the Colts next week.

slayermin
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
I watched this game. Incredible performance and Peterson is the best back in football. He finishes off runs like the young Eddie George but has speed like LT.

TheZackAttack!
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
He's a hoss.

JamStone
11-04-2007, 06:50 PM

Don't think they overlooked the Vikings. Chargers are just not as good as they thought they were. And, Adrian Peterson just LeBronned them.

His rushing stats are stupid.

jackseven
11-04-2007, 07:46 PM
What a flat out hoss. He did this against a very solid Chargers rush defense.

Is there any question right now who is the best RB in the NFL?

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 08:40 PM
What a flat out hoss. He did this against a very solid Chargers rush defense.

Is there any question right now who is the best RB in the NFL?

Joseph Addai.

popshark86
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Joseph Addai.

imagine adrian with the colts

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
imagine adrian with the colts

Imagine anyone with marginal talent with the dolphins.

popshark86
11-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Imagine anyone with marginal talent with the dolphins.

boooo

it shows you dont know shit about football

your saying that addai is better than peterson, lol

wow

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Actually he's saying the Dolphins suck ass....which is true. :lol

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 08:54 PM
boooo

it shows you dont know shit about football

your saying that addai is better than peterson, lol

wow

You asked the question, I have you the answer.

Addai had 100+ yards on the ground and 100+ yards receiving today.

He's done both running and catching on a consistent basis.
Plus, he's not the only option on his offense, unlike Peterson.

So, go jack off to Marino and shove a dolphin up your ass.

jackseven
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM

Addai is a product of the system. Kenton Keith filled in for him and put up 120 and 2.

Peterson has virtually nothing keeping defenses from stacking against him and it still doesn't matter.

popshark86
11-04-2007, 09:03 PM

how old are u, 12

chargers knew Peterson was going to run alot and he still got 296 yds, can't stop him

addai is just another system running back, just like edgarin james was for the colts

if manning goes down, so does addai's numbers

tlongII
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Peterson is definitely the best running back in football now. No doubt about it.

Fabbs
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM
chargers knew Peterson was going to run alot and he still got 296 yds, can't stop him
Contraire, Peterson benefit from MoRon Norvs system of offensive ineptitude. Kept giving ball back to MN, oftentimes 3 and out. Final 3+ qtrs and Norvball produced 3 pts.

Props to Peterson nonetheless, great day great season.

exstatic
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
He's over 1,000 yards for the season already and he's only played 8 games.
Let's see how many he winds up playing. That was always his rap in college: china doll. He may be the next LT, or he may be the next Fragile Fred Taylor, a stud who drives his fantasy owners crazy because he only plays 10-12 games per year.

peewee's lovechild
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
how old are u, 12

How old are you with your little boy crush on Dan Marino?

Or, is it that you're just gay?

Pugglekicker_21
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
What, 4 more yeards was outta the question?

samikeyp
11-04-2007, 10:17 PM
AP stopped being a rookie today.

Duff McCartney
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
The Vikings are running AP to the ground. He'll have more carries after three years in the league than Emmitt Smith had in his whole career.

Minnesota right now is looking like Detroit with Barry Sanders...a great RB and nothing else.

Fillmoe
11-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I hope peewee doesn't seriously think addai is better than peterson.

san antonio spurs
11-05-2007, 01:10 AM
The Vikings are running AP to the ground. He'll have more carries after three years in the league than Emmitt Smith had in his whole career.

Minnesota right now is looking like Detroit with Barry Sanders...a great RB and nothing else.
What do you mean running AD to the ground?
he has 19 carries a game. That's hardly overload. And he splits the carries with Taylor
But I agree with you that the vikings have nothing else on offense.
Everybody knows it's coming, but can you stop it??
the rookie is impressive.
________
The Sanctuary of Truth (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

NBA Junkie
11-05-2007, 07:51 AM
What, 4 more yeards was outta the question?

Chester Taylor got too many carries for that to happen.

ducks
11-05-2007, 09:24 AM
phillips was out for the chargers still they should have done better

stretch
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
What do you mean running AD to the ground?
he has 19 carries a game. That's hardly overload. And he splits the carries with Taylor

Lol, I was wondering what he was talking about. If anything, 15-20 runs a game is not enough. But at the same time, this team has no chance of winning a title this year, or for the next couple years most likely, so trying to keep him healthy and fresh as possible for the future isn't a bad idea, especially if hes getting 220 yards on a mere 20 carries.

popshark86
11-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Lol, I was wondering what he was talking about. If anything, 15-20 runs a game is not enough. But at the same time, this team has no chance of winning a title this year, or for the next couple years most likely, so trying to keep him healthy and fresh as possible for the future isn't a bad idea, especially if hes getting 220 yards on a mere 20 carries.

Only teams that have a chance to win the tittle are the pats and colts

colts will take it this year again

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 01:00 AM
AP can't be crowned anything just yet. The guy has to prove he's built to last, one season doesn't mean shit. He's also very one dimensional. LT is still the best by far.

J.T.
11-09-2007, 01:49 AM
I hope peewee doesn't seriously think addai is better than peterson.

Joseph Addai is on pace for 1400 yards and 15 TDs, and while that's not going to shatter any records, it's still pretty damn good.

mardigan
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
AP can't be crowned anything just yet. The guy has to prove he's built to last, one season doesn't mean shit. He's also very one dimensional. LT is still the best by far.
How is he one dimensional? He's only got 48 less recieving yards than LT. I know LT is all you have to hold onto this year, but lets not say untrue things to prop him up.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
How is he one dimensional? He's only got 48 less recieving yards than LT. I know LT is all you have to hold onto this year, but lets not say untrue things to prop him up.Untrue things to prop him up? :lol

The dude just broke the touchdown record last year. So what if AP's got only 48 less receiving yards this year, Tomlinson is having a down year behind an awful performing oline. My point was you can't crown AP yet because he hasn't even finished an entire season, let alone a career.

mardigan
11-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Untrue things to prop him up? :lol

The dude just broke the touchdown record last year. So what if AP's got only 48 less receiving yards this year, Tomlinson is having a down year behind an awful performing oline. My point was you can't crown AP yet because he hasn't even finished an entire season, let alone a career.
Right now, at this point, he could very well be the best rb in football.
The only thing I was even reffering to was you saying he isnt a complete back, which is pretty much untrue. He catches passes, blocks well, and is a complete runner. LT is the better back in the grand scheme of things at this point, but Peterson is helping a really shitty team overachieve, while LT is one a team with a ton of talent who are underacheiving.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Right now, at this point, he could very well be the best rb in football.
I'll wait until a few more games than 8 are played.

mardigan
11-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I'll wait until a few more games than 8 are played.
Who's been better the first 8 games of the year?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Eight games means nothing.

Kevin Jones ran for over 900 yards in the final eight games of his rookie year.

VY played well for four games last year and everybody lined up to suck his cock. How's he doing this year?

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Who's been better the first 8 games of the year?Chargers 4-4, tied for 1st in division. Vikings 3-5, third in division.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Rookies often have their first year be one of their best years yardage wise. Especially on a team with no other options but to run.

leemajors
11-09-2007, 05:02 PM

Kevin Jones ran for over 900 yards in the final eight games of his rookie year.

VY played well for four games last year and everybody lined up to suck his cock. How's he doing this year?
the titans are 6-2. i guess he sucks if you're a fantasy geek.

11-09-2007, 05:12 PM
the titans are 6-2. i guess he sucks if you're a fantasy geek.

No, he sucks because he is horrible throwing the ball right now.

The Titans are 6-2 because their defense is playing extremely well and they're salting the game away with LenDale.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM

Exactly.

Last year Larry Johnson had a much more impressive 8 games than AP to finish the season, and people crowned him the next greatest back, how's that working out?

LT has gone 6.5 seasons without missing a start due to injury, and will soon hold every record. Until AP starts sniffing records, there is no discussion.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Do I even need to mention LT's passer rating and passing touchdowns? :lol

ballhog
11-09-2007, 09:35 PM

You're an idiot. They haven't rushed him much at all this year. Have you watched every game? A handful of games he had only 10-12 rushes. If Childress had had a brain he would have used him more in K.C.,Detroit, and against G.B. He isn't getting run into the ground....he's just gobbling up yards like crazy. He ain't taking a hit on some of those runs.

johnsmith
11-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow...I was only watching that game because the Colts-Patriots were about to come on...He is now my favorite player.

Is this a Mono troll?

stretch
11-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Last year Larry Johnson had a much more impressive 8 games than AP to finish the season, and people crowned him the next greatest back, how's that working out?
Larry Johnson was also getting around 30+ carries in each of those games, and is more of a pounding RB, while Peterson can do everything, but usually is so elusive that he avoid big hits, and many times hits period. Peterson is also only getting around 15-20 carries a game, but he averages 6.6 YPA. And the first time he got 30 carries, he got 296 yards.

The LJ argument is absolutely horrible, considering they are performing under two completely different circumstances (with LJ having the FAR better circumstances) but Peterson is playing at a higher level than LJ ever has.

TheSanityAnnex
11-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Higher level? The stats disagree.

11-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I'd stick with comparing him to rooks.

I can't think of anyone in the last few years in a similar situation who came close to those totals except KJones. Limited carries, poor QB play, etc. The Vikes do have a better OL and D than the Lions had that year. And there's no question AP is more talented.

Just talking out loud.

TheSanityAnnex
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
LT has gone 6.5 seasons without missing a start due to injury, and will soon hold every record. Until AP starts sniffing records, there is no discussion.
Oops, I jinxed AP.

NBA Junkie
11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Is Peterson really that good or is the Viking O-line not getting enough credit?

Let's not forget that the Vikings offensive line is anchored by pro bowlers Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie and Matt Birk.

It's gotta be the line if an average RB like Chester Taylor was springing big runs yesterday plus had a robust YPC in the Charger game as well.

Peterson is a helluva talent, no doubt about it, but he's not doing it all on his own.

MajorMike
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I don't like peterman at all, but to be fair Taylor had a pretty good year last year until he got banged up.

peterman could very well have Barry Sanders type talent (doubtful, but possible). Unfortunately, he has Fred Taylor or Chris Perry type fragility.

RonMexico
11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
"peterman"?

Along with "darth visor" and "leslie," this has to be one of your worst nicknames