PDA

View Full Version : Amare out vs Cavs w/ Sore knee

BillsCarnage
11-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Evidently the one he had scooped a month ago is causing him problems.

ShoogarBear
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Hopefully not too serious.

lil'mo
11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
ouch, may have come back too soon on that one. one week he had the surgery, next week he was practicing and running up and down the court

remingtonbo2001
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
That doesn't sound like the smart thing to do. However, I do understand. I know that I've done things like that before.

ducks
11-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Knee injury sidelines Suns center Amare Stoudemire against Cavaliers

November 4, 2007

PHOENIX (AP) -- Suns center Amare Stoudemire missed the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday night because of a troublesome right knee.

The All-Star had arthroscopic surgery on the knee on Oct. 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said Stoudemire was day to day.

"I think he's overworked," D'Antoni said. "On Friday, he didn't have his usual pop."

That night, Stoudemire scored only seven points and grabbed just one rebound in 24 minutes in a 119-98 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Stoudemire averaged 20.4 points and 9.6 rebounds last season.

Saturday, Stoudemire sat out the Suns' light workout.

Boris Diaw replaced Stoudemire in the starting lineup against the Cavaliers.

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I think the Suns are toast.

SpursIndonesia
11-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh, what a shame, i hope it's not a serious set back for him. WTF the Suns FO's thinking, rushing him back so soon. Memo to the D'Asani, reg season record means jack if your superstar can't be there in the post season -i know the Suns had gone to the playoff without Amare before, but more than ever, their post season champ hope really rests on Amare's back this season (Nash getting older, no other serious post presence, Marion's sulking, etc).

OldDirtMcGirt
11-05-2007, 01:00 AM
You could tell that it was really bothering him during the Lakers game. It isn't the microfracture knee, so I hope that it's just a case of him coming back to early. Hopefully we let him sit a couple of games to make sure he's 100%.

Medvedenko
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Really bothering him....only thing that was bothering him was Kwame and Drew....

OldDirtMcGirt
11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Really bothering him....only thing that was bothering him was Kwame and Drew....

Probably a little bit of both. He was shooting alot of jumpers and didn't seem to be attacking the basket like he was versus Seattle, but Kwame always plays Amare very well.