PDA

View Full Version : Team Spurs fans are most afraid of playing

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Most of us Spurs fans may not be afraid of any time, but whats one team that gives us trouble, and could possibly beat us in a playoff series?

Id possibly say the Rockets, they have Tracy, Yao, and Bonzi Wells who always seem to do well against us and their supporting cast is a lot better this year.

2nd is Phoenix, because their probably the only ones who have gotten close.

El_Mago
11-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Hawks.

Especially in Atlanta.

Spurs tend to lose to Atlanta some reason.

lefty
None

Mr.Bottomtooth
1st Dallas-Still haven't beaten them since David.
2nd Utah-They, for some reason, pzwn us in the regular season.
3rd Houston-Eh, I'll give them this although we haven't played them yet.
4th Phoenix-Only put them on this list cuz I felt like putting 4 teams.

peskypesky
I hate to say it, but only Dallas worries me.

samikeyp
11-04-2007, 10:25 PM
What Lefty said. :tu

marini martini
11-04-2007, 10:29 PM
The Tigers

marini martini
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
The Brahmarettes

Darkwaters
11-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Milwaukee has our number for some reason (we're 8-10 against them in the Duncan era). Good thing we'll never see them in the playoffs.

Roxsfan
11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Most of us Spurs fans may not be afraid of any time, but whats one team that gives us trouble, and could possibly beat us in a playoff series?

Id possibly say the Rockets, they have Tracy, Yao, and Bonzi Wells who always seem to do well against us and their supporting cast is a lot better this year.

The Spurs are tough and we play on Tue, the 2nd night of a b2b :cry

marini martini
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
The Spurs are tough and we play on Tue, the 2nd night of a b2b :cry
:cry :cry :cry

I'm scared

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-04-2007, 10:43 PM
#1- Denver, they always bang us real hard

#2- Boston, we haven't owned them yet

#3- Dallas, i think those guys really think they can beat us

Roxsfan
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
:cry :cry :cry

I'm scared

?????????????????????????

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 10:45 PM

You have to be a Rocket or Suns fan logged into a Spurfan troll name to not put the last team to actually beat the Spurs in your list.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
?????????????????????????
Yea I don't think he understood you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2007, 10:48 PM
#1- Denver, they always bang us real hard
ROFL

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 10:49 PM
You have to be a Rocket or Suns fan logged into a Spurfan troll name to not put the last team to actually beat the Spurs in your list.

I would never put a team who chokes against the Warriors to beat a team as elite as the Spurs, Im not a troll either.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Is it just a coincidence the team that chokes against the warriors are the last team to put the Spurs out? But you put the sun w/o their "timmy stopper" and a weak kneed Amare over the Mavs. You're either a troll or a dumbass. Maybe both.

TampaDude
11-04-2007, 10:54 PM
None

:toast

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I would never put a team who chokes against the Warriors to beat a team as elite as the Spurs, Im not a troll either.

Well, if you're not a troll, then you're a moron, because the Mavs beat us two years ago in the Western Conference Finals.

florige
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Probably Dallas. They have proven to be a thorn in our sides. It seems like their entire freakin team steps up when we play them for some reason. Phx doesn't bother me because their coach is a moron. Boston does concern me. But as long as they have Rivers at the helm they don't bother me much. and KG still hasn't proven to me that he can excel come crunch time.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Is it just a coincidence the team that chokes against the warriors are the last team to put the Spurs out? But you put the sun w/o their "timmy stopper" and a weak kneed Amare over the Mavs. You're either a troll or a dumbass. Maybe both.

Is it a coincidence that you guys always get beaten by teams who will never amount to anything? Like the Warriors, Hawks, you guys gave up a 2-0 lead against the Heat for christ sakes. Your leader is a choke artist and cant make an important shot to save his life.

The Mavs suck, and never will win a championship.

Not a troll, as I will repeat it the 2nd time.

Now shoo Mavs fan.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, if you're not a troll, then you're a moron, because the Mavs beat us two years ago in the Western Conference Finals.

The Knicks did very well against us in the finals 8 years ago, the Knicks always do against us!!

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Probably Dallas. They have proven to be a thorn in our sides. It seems like their entire freakin team steps up when we play them for some reason. Phx doesn't bother me because their coach is a moron. Boston does concern me. But as long as they have Rivers at the helm they don't bother me much. and KG still hasn't proven to me that he can excel come crunch time.

The reason the Celtics don't worry me AT ALL? Tony Parker. The Celtics have no answer for the Frenchman. That being said, the Celtics should be a much more worthy adversary than the pathetic Cavs. Shutting down Pierce, Allen and KG is going to be a helluva lot harder than shutting down just Lebron.

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
The Knicks did very well against us in the finals 8 years ago, the Knicks always do against us!!

Oh yeah, forgot we lost to the Knicks. Thanks for pointing that out. :wakeup

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:02 PM
The reason the Celtics don't worry me AT ALL? Tony Parker. The Celtics have no answer for the Frenchman. That being said, the Celtics should be a much more worthy adversary than the pathetic Cavs. Shutting down Pierce, Allen and KG is going to be a helluva lot harder than shutting down just Lebron.

I wouldnt go as far as saying that, Rajon Rondo is a very pesky defender and could possibly rip Tony Parker tons of times, I cant wait to see our 2 teams go head-to-head.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Oh yeah, forgot we lost to the Knicks. Thanks for pointing that out. :wakeup

It was a joke, 2 years is a long time buddy.

meta2007
11-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Bobcats! Did we ever win them?

peskypesky
Rajon Rondo is a very pesky defender and could possibly rip Tony Parker tons of times...

Rajon Rondo? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle

You know what, when it comes down to it I think we should put that old chestnut to bed.

It is two years on - Dallas' psyche is shaken from two horrendous chokings, we can now throw two lockdown defenders plus Fran at Dirk (ie' we have a totally different roster), and we also know how to beat them - throw odd-angled double teams at Dirk and force the other guys to beat us.

Dallas are still a threat, but I think they are an over-rated one. Same with the Suns - they got worse, not better, this off-season.

I say Houston, once they get some chemistry going, and a Finals series against Boston would be fantastic, maybe an epic 6/7-gamer, although our bench would OWN theirs. if Kobe goes to Chicago, they would also be tough, and Detroit will be a challenge this year.

peskypesky
It was a joke, 2 years is a long time buddy.

When you're twelve, as you obviously are.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Is it a coincidence that you guys always get beaten by teams who will never amount to anything? Like the Warriors, Hawks, you guys gave up a 2-0 lead against the Heat for christ sakes. Your leader is a choke artist and cant make an important shot to save his life.

The Mavs suck, and never will win a championship.

Not a troll, as I will repeat it the 2nd time.

Now shoo Mavs fan.

Are we talking about the Warriors or Hawks (why even bring up the Hawks?), dumbfuck?

You must have started watching basketball all of a few months ago to say dirk hasn't hit an important shot before...as most spurs fans will say different... So which is it? Are you an ignorant fuck who comes up with random shit to say or a lifelong spur fan for a few months now?

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Rajon Rondo? :lol

Yes Rajon Rondo, you should try watching him play sometime, he wont be able to stop him, but he could probably contain him, at least I hope he doesnt, he is also quick which could give Tony some trouble because he tries to beat off defenders with his quickness.

Also Im not 12,im 16 and obviously know a lot more about the NBA than you do :santahat

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Did your parents ground you during the 2006 playoffs because if you don't think Dallas is a top enemy of ours then there definitely is a problem.

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 11:12 PM
You must have started watching basketball all of a few months ago to say dirk hasn't hit an important shot before...as most spurs fans will say different... So which is it? Are you an ignorant fuck who comes up with random shit to say or a lifelong spur fan for a few months now?

It pains me to have to agree with a Mavs fan, cause I hate the Mavs with every fiber in my being, but Dirk is a lethal weapon and the Mavs remain the biggest threat to a Spurs repeat.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Are we talking about the Warriors or Hawks (why even bring up the Hawks?), dumbfuck?

Lets start with the Warriors, they completely destroyed you guys.
Hawks, they owned you 2 days ago, and it was quite funny.

Dirk has hit maybe 1-2 important shots, but the guy is a choke artist, only shot I recall was that VERY lucky layup that tied the game and took it to overtime in Game 7 of the WCF, and that one comeback vs the Warriors which didnt matter at all. But take that game away and Dirk has been the biggest choker to play the game, he missed tons of important free throws, went what? 3-12 vs the Warriors in Game 6, there are also countless of other chokings he has done, this is why he is the choker of this league with LeBronze james.

mystargtr34
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Dallas is our toughest opposition

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Also Im not 12,im 16 and obviously know a lot more about the NBA than you do :santahat

You're a basketball genius.
:downspin:

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
wow keep this torrid pace you're on, and you'll be known as Spursdynasty Jr.

fucking retard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Hawks, they owned you 2 days ago, and it was quite funny.
Dude they can totally turn that shit around and talk about how Milwaukee owns us. Hawks talk will get you no where except getting checked off on the Owned list.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
This seriously has to be one of SpursDynasty's alternate user prototypes.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Oh gosh no a 3 on 1 debate to start off on a new forum.

Dirk4MVP, thanks for letting me know that I owned you because profanity wont get you anywhere! Thumbs up

Elliot Fan. Dont worry if they do, Ill show them a picture of Tim Duncan holding the Championship, something the Mavs wont ever get.

Im not SpursDynasty either, the mods/admins could check my IP

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:21 PM
How can you own anyone when posters from your own fanbase call out your stupid ass posts?

And1Mak
11-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Of course no fan is going to say their team is "afraid" of anyone.
Who has the best chance of beating the Spurs?

It's got to be the Mavs.
I'd put Miami (w/ healthy Wade) as #2.
Suns- #3.

Celtics (inexperience together), Nugz (health), Rox (health) are all darkhorses and might win if the Spurs have their worst series and they have their best.

Everyone else has no chance.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
How can you own anyone when posters from your own fanbase call out your stupid ass posts?

How can you talk when you still havent responded to my post about Dirk's ability to choke?

florige
11-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh gosh no a 3 on 1 debate to start off on a new forum.

Dirk4MVP, thanks for letting me know that I owned you because profanity wont get you anywhere! Thumbs up

Elliot Fan. Dont worry if they do, Ill show them a picture of Tim Duncan holding the Championship, something the Mavs wont ever get.

Im not SpursDynasty either, the mods/admins could check my IP

I remember watching that series against Dallas and it wasn't just Dirk going crazy, it was Harris, Stack, remember Terry's imitation of Jordan vs Bird on Duncan. I'm telling you that team gives us all sorts of problems. At some points of the game it's like those A-holes can't miss. It's even more impressive with our team how we all of the sudden adjust to their playing the up-tempo type of game. Houston could present problems, but chemistry is going to be a factor on how far they go imo.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:27 PM
How can you talk when you still havent responded to my post about Dirk's ability to choke?

I did fucktard. Can you post something else besides the Mavs losing to the Hawks in the 2nd game of the season?

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:28 PM
I remember watching that series against Dallas and it wasn't just Dirk going crazy, it was Harris, Stack, remember Terry's imitation of Jordan vs Bird on Duncan. I'm telling you that team gives us all sorts of problems. At some points of the game it's like those A-holes can't miss. It's even more impressive with our team how we all of the sudden adjust to their playing the up-tempo type of game. Houston could present problems, but chemistry is going to be a factor on how far they go imo.

Well I dont know what kind of period some of you users here are, the Mavs would cause maybe some problems, but no way do I see them beating the Spurs in a playoff series, no way no how. As for Houston, they have 79 games to get their chemistry intact, and it took them about 15+ games or so to achieve chemistry when they first got Tracy.

mavs>spurs2
11-04-2007, 11:29 PM
SpursGO is my nigga :smokin

SpursGO
I did fucktard. Can you post something else besides the Mavs losing to the Hawks in the 2nd game of the season?

This is the Mavericks we are talking about, I could post millions of things that can make Mavs fans not sleep well at night.

SpursGO

I dunno why, but this made me crack up.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Well I dont know what kind of period some of you users here are, the Mavs would cause maybe some problems, but no way do I see them beating the Spurs in a playoff series, no way no how. As for Houston, they have 79 games to get their chemistry intact, and it took them about 15+ games or so to achieve chemistry when they first got Tracy.

of course you can't see how they could beat the Spurs, you've been a spur fan for a few months now who didn't know what the playoffs or much else about basketball back in 06.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:33 PM
This is the Mavericks we are talking about, I could post millions of things that can make Mavs fans not sleep well at night.

Like what? The heat or the warriors beating us? Us losing to the hawks a few days ago? The 2nd round of the playoffs in 06?

L.I.T
11-04-2007, 11:33 PM
The Celtics starting five could potentially cause some issues for the Spurs. But, the sample size is too small to see if there are any matchup problems there. They do have a decent defender in Posey who they could throw at Manu, as well as KG/Perkins that may be able to cause Duncan some problems. I don't see Rajon Rondo slowing Parker down.

On the defensive side the Spurs have a wave a defenders that they can throw at KG/Pierce/Allen. Not to mention the Spurs have guys on their team that have had great individual defensive success against those players.

The Rockets still have some depth issues and two big question marks at PG and PF. There's talent there for sure, but it has yet to be seen how it the positions will shake out.

Suns? If Amare is in and out and they have to rely on Diaw/Marion/Skinner to handle Duncan they are screwed.

In my mind there are really two teams this year that could cause the Spurs problems: Mavs and Pistons. I also would consider the Bulls (if they meet in the finals) to be a tough matchup on paper.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:35 PM
of course you can't see how they could beat the Spurs, you've been a spur fan for a few months now who didn't know what the playoffs or much else about basketball back in 06.

:dramaquee am I gonna have to repeat myself.

The Mavpricks did beat the Spurs 2 years ago yes, but this is the present, 2007, about to be 2008. The Suns/Rockets have a bigger chance than the Mavpricks. If Robert Horry didnt deliver that blow to Steve Nash, and that retarded Amare and Diaw didnt go off the bench, the Suns woulda had a chance to win, the Rockets have a ton of new additions, and a better coach. The Mavericks consistently choke, letting the Heat come back after leading them 2-0 and losing 4 straight games, and then letting the Warriors beat you guys in 6 games, didnt you guys win 67 games, and set a record for most wins and not getting to the 2nd round?

ludda
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Unless Rockets go on some crazy winning streak, I don't fear them. Every year there's the talk of them making it and yet every year...granted they made some significant changes over the summer, but I still see them as a notch below us, sons, mavs, and even jazz. Time will tell...

Sons we already own. Mavs I believe we can take. Mavs are under the radar this year, and may surprise people like in 06. They can't handle all the media pressure and they still have yet to show that they are not weak-minded.

Denver..maybe in a year or two. Same with Utah.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
The Celtics starting five could potentially cause some issues for the Spurs. But, the sample size is too small to see if there are any matchup problems there. They do have a decent defender in Posey who they could throw at Manu, as well as KG/Perkins that may be able to cause Duncan some problems. I don't see Rajon Rondo slowing Parker down.

On the defensive side the Spurs have a wave a defenders that they can throw at KG/Pierce/Allen. Not to mention the Spurs have guys on their team that have had great individual defensive success against those players.

The Rockets still have some depth issues and two big question marks at PG and PF. There's talent there for sure, but it has yet to be seen how it the positions will shake out.

Suns? If Amare is in and out and they have to rely on Diaw/Marion/Skinner to handle Duncan they are screwed.

In my mind there are really two teams this year that could cause the Spurs problems: Mavs and Pistons. I also would consider the Bulls (if they meet in the finals) to be a tough matchup on paper.

Celtics have a chance too I might add, they simply are good inside and outside, KG could cause some problems for Timmy, Ray Allen could easily be handled if he has a shooting dud, and Bruce Bowen could probably contain Paul Pierce, but as far as that goes, the Spurs bench still beats theirs.

The Rockets do have depth at PG, they have Mike James, the guy is averaging 15 ppg and is providing a huge spark for them, I am pretty sure he is one of the main reasons the Rockets won, and he is exactly what the Rockets needed against the Jazz. Dont forget they also have Scola, the same guy that we traded for to save money.

florige
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM

I really am not worried about Houston at all to be honest. Scola hasn't proven anything yet, Stevie Franchize is already complaining about pt. Sure they look good on paper, but Dallas has already been there and done that. I would rate Phx over Houston in a NY minute. Hell maybe even Utah for that matter.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Unless Rockets go on some crazy winning streak, I don't fear them. Every year there's the talk of them making it and yet every year...granted they made some significant changes over the summer, but I still see them as a notch below us, sons, mavs, and even jazz. Time will tell...

Sons we already own. Mavs I believe we can take. Mavs are under the radar this year, and may surprise people like in 06. They can't handle all the media pressure and they still have yet to show that they are not weak-minded.

Denver..maybe in a year or two. Same with Utah.

Didnt the Rockets just beat the Jazz like a couple of days ago, it was a double digit loss on the Jazz homecourt too, the same place they went 31-10.

ludda
11-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Who cares? Its the beginning of the regular season and I think we can all attest that regular season wins means jack squat. Like I said, until the ROckets are cruising and hot going into the playoffs, then I will pay attention. Otherwise, Ill just focus on the spurs cuz really the only threat is us not playing well.

Dave McNulla
11-04-2007, 11:43 PM
i always hope the spurs play the toughest teams. if they lose, so be it. there is no reason to be afraid of losing. it happens.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I really am not worried about Houston at all to be honest. Scola hasn't proven anything yet, Stevie Franchize is already complaining about pt. Sure they look good on paper, but Dallas has already been there and done that. I would rate Phx over Houston in a NY minute. Hell maybe even Utah for that matter.

I live 30 miles west of Houston, and watch tons of their games, I could easily know what they are capable of, Scola has done good for them off the bench, the guy has done good, except for the Laker game, Stevie is overweight from what i have heard. They also have a healthy Bonzi Wells who lost an obscene amount of weight, and Bonzi Wells caused a lot of trouble for us in one playoff series, but then again that was a long time ago.We will just have to see when we play them Tuesday, I cant wait, I'll surely wear my Timmy Jersey!

florige
11-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I predict this season that the Rockets will make it out the first round but thats it.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:46 PM
The Mavericks consistently choke, letting the Heat come back after leading them 2-0 and losing 4 straight games, and then letting the Warriors beat you guys in 6 games,

Isn't this what I said you'd post? However will I sleep at night now?

ludda
11-04-2007, 11:46 PM
^maybe, though if they were playing utah again, I have my money on utah right now.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:47 PM
I live 30 miles west of Houston, and watch tons of their games, I could easily know what they are capable of, Scola has done good for them off the bench, the guy has done good, except for the Laker game, Stevie is overweight from what i have heard. They also have a healthy Bonzi Wells who lost an obscene amount of weight, and Bonzi Wells caused a lot of trouble for us in one playoff series, but then again that was a long time ago.We will just have to see when we play them Tuesday, I cant wait, I'll surely wear my Timmy Jersey!

Living so close to Houston, you'd know T-Mac is a bigger choker than Dirk.

florige
11-04-2007, 11:48 PM

I'm not saying if we play them we will win the series in 5 games, but with the team we have I'd be really surprised if it went to 7 games. We will see though. It's still early. I pointed out Dallas because they have actually beaten us at home in a game 7. As much as I dispise that team they gained my respect and my attention.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:49 PM

T-Mac has never choked, obviously his team is garbage.

When the Rockets lost to the Mavs, him and Yao combined for the Rockets 60 points of 76.

The series was the Jazz wasnt also choking, the team just was completely horrible, the Rockets coach used a 7 man rotation, they already had 2 guys in the lineup who were offensive liabilities, Rafer and Hayes, and their benchies Head and Howard were inconsistent, since your a Mavs fan, I hope you look forward to Juwan's inconsistency, and disappearence act in the playoffs.

ludda
11-04-2007, 11:50 PM
According to SpursGO, mike james, a skinny bonzi wells and an unproven scola will put the rockets over the top. Sorry, if we don't agree...

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm not saying if we play them we will win the series in 5 games, but with the team we have I'd be really surprised if it went to 7 games. We will see though. It's still early. I pointed out Dallas because they have actually beaten us at home in a game 7. As much as I dispise that team they gained my respect and my attention.

Was gonna say that, so I'll end this thread with this statement: Time will tell.

florige
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM
According to SpursGO, mike james, a skinny bonzi wells and an unproven scola will put the rockets over the top. Sorry, if we don't agree...

You forgot a fat Stevie Franchize!

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:51 PM

According to SpursGo, the Jazz bench destroyed the Rockets bench every game during the series, and in one game vs the Jazz on their homecourt, the Rockets bench outscored the Jazz bench 30-13, and the Rockets win, coincedence? hell no.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
You forgot a fat Stevie Franchize!

A fat Stevie Franchise who wont play until he gets his ass into shape :dizzy

peskypesky
11-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I think the Rockets might be a tougher matchup for the Spurs than the Suns. Because I'm a believer in Tall-Ball, not Small-Ball. Yao is going to be a tough match-up for our centers. I think the x-factor will be Bonzi. He played out of his mind against us a few seasons ago (with the Kings).

florige
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
A fat Stevie Franchise who wont play until he gets his ass into shape :dizzy

And quit partying till the whee hours of the morning. For a guy looking for a second chance it sure seems he's making the most of it... :rolleyes

ludda
11-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Like you said, Time will tell. Though I think most of us here think you're overhyping the rockets and underrating the mavs. But in the end, only the spurs will be standing so who cares.

dirk4mvp
11-04-2007, 11:55 PM

When the Rockets lost to the Mavs, him and Yao combined for the Rockets 60 points of 76.

The series was the Jazz wasnt also choking, the team just was completely horrible, the Rockets coach used a 7 man rotation, they already had 2 guys in the lineup who were offensive liabilities, Rafer and Hayes, and their benchies Head and Howard were inconsistent, since your a Mavs fan, I hope you look forward to Juwan's inconsistency, and disappearence act in the playoffs.

T-Mac has had a number of series (3 I think) where his team has had a 2 game lead and blown it. That's a choke...whether you look at it upside down, inside out or however. One of those series was against the Mavs where they got their ass handed to them in game 7 by 40.

And who gives 2 shits about Juwan Howard? It's not like he's gonna crack the rotation often anyways.

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Like you said, Time will tell. Though I think most of us here think you're overhyping the rockets and underrating the mavs. But in the end, only the spurs will be standing so who cares.

I see what I see. I just beileve the Rockets can be a contender this year.

But you know what?

Go Spurs!

SpursGO
11-04-2007, 11:58 PM
T-Mac has had a number of series (3 I think) where his team has had a 2 game lead and blown it. That's a choke...whether you look at it upside down, inside out or however. One of those series was against the Mavs where they got their ass handed to them in game 7 by 40.

And who gives 2 shits about Juwan Howard? It's not like he's gonna crack the rotation often anyways.

Its a choke, but I wouldnt call Tracy McGrady a choker now because of them. Kobe gave up a 3-1 lead vs the Suns, doesn't mean hes a choker, hes hit tons of game winners to back that up.

L.I.T
11-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Celtics have a chance too I might add, they simply are good inside and outside, KG could cause some problems for Timmy, Ray Allen could easily be handled if he has a shooting dud, and Bruce Bowen could probably contain Paul Pierce, but as far as that goes, the Spurs bench still beats theirs.

The Rockets do have depth at PG, they have Mike James, the guy is averaging 15 ppg and is providing a huge spark for them, I am pretty sure he is one of the main reasons the Rockets won, and he is exactly what the Rockets needed against the Jazz. Dont forget they also have Scola, the same guy that we traded for to save money.

In H2H matchups Duncan owns a 26-15 advantage. Their stats are almost identical, with KG outscoring Duncan by about one point and Duncan out-rebounding him by about half a board. By the way, in the playoffs Duncan owns a 6-2 advantage.

So, I don't see much there in terms of KG giving Duncan issues. Allen, however has always had difficulties with Bowen. In the last three games they played Bowen held him to a combined 18 of 53. Throw in Udoka or Pierce, or switch them off, and effectively there is enough defense to cause the Celtics more issues than vice versa. How will the Celtics matchup against the Spurs? It comes down to that and that is a product of coaching. No matter what they are still being run by Doc Rivers.

Scola? Point out to me where Scola will help them outside of the offensive side of the ball. And that still remains to be seen. In his career James has been primarily a scorer with some aptitude for running a team, but not much. That team still has big question marks at the PG and PF position, how those are answered will determine their competitiveness. That and whether Mcgrady and Yao can make it through the season healthy.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Its a choke, but I wouldnt call Tracy McGrady a choker now because of them. Kobe gave up a 3-1 lead vs the Suns, doesn't mean hes a choker, hes hit tons of game winners to back that up.

The Suns were better than Kobe's Lakers by a pretty big amount. The 2 Rocket teams T-Mac has had with a 2 game lead were pretty evenly matched against the Mavs and Jazz.

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
In H2H matchups Duncan owns a 26-15 advantage. Their stats are almost identical, with KG outscoring Duncan by about one point and Duncan out-rebounding him by about half a board. By the way, in the playoffs Duncan owns a 6-2 advantage.

So, I don't see much there in terms of KG giving Duncan issues. Allen, however has always had difficulties with Bowen. In the last three games they played Bowen held him to a combined 18 of 53. Throw in Udoka or Pierce, or switch them off, and effectively there is enough defense to cause the Celtics more issues than vice versa. How will the Celtics matchup against the Spurs? It comes down to that and that is a product of coaching. No matter what they are still being run by Doc Rivers.

Scola? Point out to me where Scola will help them outside of the offensive side of the ball. And that still remains to be seen. In his career James has been primarily a scorer with some aptitude for running a team, but not much. That team still has big question marks at the PG and PF position, how those are answered will determine their competitiveness. That and whether Mcgrady and Yao can make it through the season healthy.

Pop wont place Bowen on Ray Ray, instead Paul Pierce who poses to be a bigger threat to us than Ray who is primarily a jumpshooter. Scola will defenitely help the Rockets on more places than offense, he is quite a weak defender, but can get charges, the ocassional steal, and some other minor stuff, but his job is to score and backup Chuck Hayes.

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 12:04 AM
The Suns were better than Kobe's Lakers by a pretty big amount. The 2 Rocket teams T-Mac has had with a 2 game lead were pretty evenly matched against the Mavs and Jazz.

I could understand the Mavs statement, they were pretty equal with the Rockets that one series.

But the Jazz are a whole completely different story, they caused major matchup problems, the main one being the Okur/Boozer combo. the Rockets had to place Yao on Boozer, who was a lot faster and gave him trouble, Hayes defended Okur well, but Boozer is a bigger problem, another thing is the Rockets horrible bench during the playoffs, the Rockets bench consisted of 2 inconsistent players named Luther Head, who couldnt hit anything in the playoffs and Juwan Howard, who according to you, wouldnt even crack the Mavs rotation.

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Who am I afraid of playing? The answer is pure and simple, I fear nobody. Not only are the Spurs the reigning champs, but we're undefeated so far as well. Now, I realize this streak will not last and some other teams will rise. But at this point in time none of the "big" teams have shown me anything unstoppable or worthy of fear. With time my concerns will surely grow, but I refuse to be worried over hype and some pundit's analysis. When a team shows me consistent effort and production then I will change my tune.

Looking at all the teams in the league there seem to be several different types and different tiers of concerning teams.

The first group is just one team: Milwaukee. The Spurs are 8-10 against them in the Duncan era and have a knack for losing random games against the Bucks. Fortunately, we seem to be the only team in the league that ever has consistent problems with them...and they're a long-shot to get into the playoffs anytime soon....even in the east.

The second group are the rising stars. Houston, Chicago and Boston appear to be the most improved teams from a talent standpoint this season across the entire league. Many are picking them to win their divisions, conferences as well as a variety of other personal awards. However, they are all largely unproven. These teams are likely to have problems with team chemistry at some point and do not have the innate knowledge of each other's games. Boston has the added problem of having virtually no depth while Houston is a perenial first round exit (a trend they will have to break). Chicago is very young, and there are concerns surrounding their general lack of experience. Although their chemistry is significantly better than the other two. All of these teams could be serious problems for the Spurs, but until I see the development of team chemistry and the formation of consistency then I'm not too worried.

The final group are the falling stars. Dallas, Phoenix and Detroit are all members of this group because I feel their rosters have not progressed this year but rather regressed. The loss of Ben Wallace last season showed obvious symptoms of problems all season for the Pistons last year. But the Pistons were still a force to be reckoned with. Still, Nazr Mohammed just can't bring the same intensity that Ben did, and I haven't seen enough improvement to think things will change too much. Of course, when Rodney Stuckey is healthy again he could be a nice piece very quickly. Phoenix took a serious step back this year by trading away Kurt Thomas (the only Duncan "stopper"). With questions about Stoudemire's knee apparent already as well as the impending injuries to Grant Hill (it's only a matter of time) I just can't see this team being a legitimate problem to the Spurs. I could be wrong, but the Suns must prove me wrong first. Lastly is Dallas. While Dallas has not regressed, per se, as many of the others teams have, it appears the Spurs have identified ways to match up better with them. Elson and Udoka offer a variety of new solutions to Dirk and Howard. Plus the Vaughn/Washington combo is already superior to Van Exel/Udrih. And I do recognize the fact that Dallas was able to oust the Spurs last time they matched up in the playoffs. However, that was with an injured Duncan, dismal backup PG role and range-less Parker to manage that in a game 7 overtime. It was hardly a resounding sweep or even sturdy defeat. Sometimes we forget just how close Dallas was to packing their bags that night. However, the most important development in the decline of Dallas is the mental hits. Dirk has proven that he is anything but clutch (unless Manu fouls him late though) in recent postseason ventures and nobody on the team is willing to pick up the mantle once Dirk drops it. Frankly, I fear Dallas by default because of the loss, not out of common sense. They haven't given me a reason to truly fear them yet (albeit, they haven't had very long to do so either). I know that will change quickly, but until I see how we match up with them I think it is too quick to speak.

PS: I know a lot of people will question the lack of Denver on this list. Frankly, at this point, I think they're a moot point.

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Who am I afraid of playing? The answer is pure and simple, I fear nobody. Not only are the Spurs the reigning champs, but we're undefeated so far as well. Now, I realize this streak will not last and some other teams will rise. But at this point in time none of the "big" teams have shown me anything unstoppable or worthy of fear. With time my concerns will surely grow, but I refuse to be worried over hype and some pundit's analysis. When a team shows me consistent effort and production then I will change my tune.

Looking at all the teams in the league there seem to be several different types and different tiers of concerning teams.

The first group is just one team: Milwaukee. The Spurs are 8-10 against them in the Duncan era and have a knack for losing random games against the Bucks. Fortunately, we seem to be the only team in the league that ever has consistent problems with them...and they're a long-shot to get into the playoffs anytime soon....even in the east.

The second group are the rising stars. Houston, Chicago and Boston appear to be the most improved teams from a talent standpoint this season across the entire league. Many are picking them to win their divisions, conferences as well as a variety of other personal awards. However, they are all largely unproven. These teams are likely to have problems with team chemistry at some point and do not have the innate knowledge of each other's games. Boston has the added problem of having virtually no depth while Houston is a perenial first round exit (a trend they will have to break). Chicago is very young, and there are concerns surrounding their general lack of experience. Although their chemistry is significantly better than the other two. All of these teams could be serious problems for the Spurs, but until I see the development of team chemistry and the formation of consistency then I'm not too worried.

The final group are the falling stars. Dallas, Phoenix and Detroit are all members of this group because I feel their rosters have not progressed this year but rather regressed. The loss of Ben Wallace last season showed obvious symptoms of problems all season for the Pistons last year. But the Pistons were still a force to be reckoned with. Still, Nazr Mohammed just can't bring the same intensity that Ben did, and I haven't seen enough improvement to think things will change too much. Of course, when Rodney Stuckey is healthy again he could be a nice piece very quickly. Phoenix took a serious step back this year by trading away Kurt Thomas (the only Duncan "stopper"). With questions about Stoudemire's knee apparent already as well as the impending injuries to Grant Hill (it's only a matter of time) I just can't see this team being a legitimate problem to the Spurs. I could be wrong, but the Suns must prove me wrong first. Lastly is Dallas. While Dallas has not regressed, per se, as many of the others teams have, it appears the Spurs have identified ways to match up better with them. Elson and Udoka offer a variety of new solutions to Dirk and Howard. Plus the Vaughn/Washington combo is already superior to Van Exel/Udrih. And I do recognize the fact that Dallas was able to oust the Spurs last time they matched up in the playoffs. However, that was with an injured Duncan, dismal backup PG role and range-less Parker to manage that in a game 7 overtime. It was hardly a resounding sweep or even sturdy defeat. Sometimes we forget just how close Dallas was to packing their bags that night. However, the most important development in the decline of Dallas is the mental hits. Dirk has proven that he is anything but clutch (unless Manu fouls him late though) in recent postseason ventures and nobody on the team is willing to pick up the mantle once Dirk drops it. Frankly, I fear Dallas by default because of the loss, not out of common sense. They haven't given me a reason to truly fear them yet (albeit, they haven't had very long to do so either). I know that will change quickly, but until I see how we match up with them I think it is too quick to speak.

PS: I know a lot of people will question the lack of Denver on this list. Frankly, at this point, I think they're a moot point.

First educated post as of yet in this thread :clap

L.I.T
11-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Pop wont place Bowen on Ray Ray, instead Paul Pierce who poses to be a bigger threat to us than Ray who is primarily a jumpshooter. Scola will defenitely help the Rockets on more places than offense, he is quite a weak defender, but can get charges, the ocassional steal, and some other minor stuff, but his job is to score and backup Chuck Hayes.

Bowen has had greater success defending Ray Allen than he has Paul Pierce. The physical nature of Pierce's game can cause problems for Bowen.

Allen may be primarily a jumpshooter, but he's a jump shooter who can single-handedly destroy a team.

Scola's a good offensive player with serious flaws on the defensive end; I still fail to see how this will positively impact the Rockets outside of making them slightly more dangerous on the offensive end. Defensively he's not going to free up Yao by handling the opponents top big man nor is he a game changer on the boards or shot-blocking. The Rockets still revolve around Mcgrady and Yao and so far, nothing in their past history indicates that they are ready to take the next step. Hell, it remains to be seen whether they play over 71 games each this season.

They have the components, but the two players (Francis and Wells) who can really make a difference for them have had such a checkered last one to two years you don't know what they are going to contribute.

easjer
11-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Darkwaters said exactly what I was thinking. Several concerns, no real fear at this point in time. The only problem with that is that once a threat is proven, it's generally too late to begin fearing it - but then, that's why the Spurs have scouting reports and rarely underestimate their opponents (at least in a 7 game series).

If you put a gun to my head, I'd say the matchups that concern me most are Dallas, Utah, Houston, and Boston (but only because of the unknown factors there). I think the fact that the Spurs got better while retaining 'institutional knowledge' and the ease of playing together and the good chemistry will help them tremendously this season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Nice post, Darkwaters. Your posts are generally contain tight analysis, no exception here. :tu

Actually, GoSpurs, it was not the first educated post in this thread - I posted something reasonable back on page 2 but it was ignored by all. I said pretty much exactly what Darkwaters just said about Dallas, and mentioned the same teams he did.

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Bowen has had greater success defending Ray Allen than he has Paul Pierce. The physical nature of Pierce's game can cause problems for Bowen.

Allen may be primarily a jumpshooter, but he's a jump shooter who can single-handedly destroy a team.

Scola's a good offensive player with serious flaws on the defensive end; I still fail to see how this will positively impact the Rockets outside of making them slightly more dangerous on the offensive end. Defensively he's not going to free up Yao by handling the opponents top big man nor is he a game changer on the boards or shot-blocking. The Rockets still revolve around Mcgrady and Yao and so far, nothing in their past history indicates that they are ready to take the next step. Hell, it remains to be seen whether they play over 71 games each this season.

They have the components, but the two players (Francis and Wells) who can really make a difference for them have had such a checkered last one to two years you don't know what they are going to contribute.

Scola is the perfect compliment to Yao, as the Rockets broadcaster: Bill Worrell says, he does rebound well, he is not garbage at it, pulls down 6-7 so far, not counting the Laker game of course.

Also another thing Id like to mention is why do people ALWAYS talk about the Rockets being injury prone, the only 2 players that are injured at times are Yao Ming, and T-Mac. T-Mac cant be said about anymore because his back hasnt acted up since he saw that one Doctor, whatever the hell his name is, and Yao missed tons of games because someone fell on his leg, I would say the Rockets can stay healthy unless they have another freak injury.

Bruce Bowen does have trouble against players who can drive in, and shoot well, Paul Pierce, T-Mac, Kobe are perfect examples, but players like Ray Ray and Shawn Marion are a different story.

easjer
11-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Uh, the Rockets ARE T-Mac and Yao, or at least have been prior to this season (and are likely to remain so). Having either out for extended stretches, as has happened every season since TMac was acquired, has hurt them terribly.

TMac hasn't gotten any younger, and Yao has yet to play a full season. One hopes that his foot issues are now resolved, but there is some question about whether or not he can make it through a whole season, particularly in an up-tempo style of ball, given his tendency towards slowness and his disappearing act if he plays too many minutes.

L.I.T
11-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah...what Easjer said.

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Ok, I was going to put this in my previous treatsie of a post, but I forgot it.

The fourth grouping of teams are the paper tigers. Golden State and Miami seem to fill this role best. Why?

While Golden State might be Dallas' matchup nightmare we just happen to be Golden State's version of Freddy Kruger. We shred them. Now I haven't heard anybody state them as a legitimate concern, but let me put those unvoiced fears to rest here: just because Golden State beat Dallas last year doesn't mean they would be the Spurs. Vice versa actually as we would sweep them out of the building.

Miami is the perfect example of a paper tiger, however. Why? Because they're horrible. Shaq looks like a 20M big stiff, Posey is gone, Wade is hurt and their big offseason acquisitions included Smush Parker. Give me a break. Anybody that seriously thinks Miami will be a contender is simply delirious. In fact, I am having doubts whether or not they will even make the playoffs. I suppose in the East they still be able to slide in, but in the West they wouldn't even sniff it. So why are people afraid of a team that couldn't even make the playoffs in our own conference?

florige
11-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Nice post, Darkwaters. Your posts are generally contain tight analysis, no exception here. :tu

Actually, GoSpurs, it was not the first educated post in this thread - I posted something reasonable back on page 2 but it was ignored by all. I said pretty much exactly what Darkwaters just said about Dallas, and mentioned the same teams he did.

I think it's safe to say that everyone contributed some to Dark's summary... :lol

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Uh, the Rockets ARE T-Mac and Yao, or at least have been prior to this season (and are likely to remain so). Having either out for extended stretches, as has happened every season since TMac was acquired, has hurt them terribly.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Saying that it is foolish to call the Rockets team injury prone when just Yao and McGrady are actually that way is on par with saying "it wouldn't be a big deal if the Celtics lost Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett". Those two ARE that team and their loss cripples their efforts.

Until Scola, Franchise, Bonzi or anyone else proves they can step it up when one of those two guys is out then you can never discount their lost time on the court.

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 12:44 AM

<disguises his voice like TimVP>

Yea, that Darkwaters guy is really all over things around here. Somebody should tell Kori to put a Spur under his name!

:smokin

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 12:56 AM
You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Saying that it is foolish to call the Rockets team injury prone when just Yao and McGrady are actually that way is on par with saying "it wouldn't be a big deal if the Celtics lost Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett". Those two ARE that team and their loss cripples their efforts.

Until Scola, Franchise, Bonzi or anyone else proves they can step it up when one of those two guys is out then you can never discount their lost time on the court.

The Rockets can play well without Yao, they went 20-12 when Yao was out for 32 games, Tracy on the other hand is a different story.

I am also sure, if ANYBODYS Stars got injured they would suck, thats how it is for Heat, Lakers, Rockets, Hornets, etc.

meta2007
11-05-2007, 12:59 AM
But, Without Tmac, Yao only team beat Spurs last season.

The Rockets can play well without Yao, they went 20-12 when Yao was out for 32 games, Tracy on the other hand is a different story.

I am also sure, if ANYBODYS Stars got injured they would suck, thats how it is for Heat, Lakers, Rockets, Hornets, etc.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I think it's safe to say that everyone contributed some to Dark's summary... :lol

Yeah. :lol

I just get a little annoyed when I post something reasonable and insightful, it is completely ignored, then two people post the exact same thing an hour later and other people say "gosh, that's smart!"

Happens to me around here all the time. :rolleyes

As for you Darkwaters, them thar spurs are hard to get a hold of! Hell, I've traveled to SA from Oz for the Spurs TWICE and I don't even get a spur in recognition of that! :lmao

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
As for you Darkwaters, them thar spurs are hard to get a hold of! Hell, I've traveled to SA from Oz for the Spurs TWICE and I don't even get a spur in recognition of that! :lmao

:fishing

Don't mind me, I'm just fishing for a handout.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
:fishing

Don't mind me, I'm just fishing for a handout.

Me too! ;) :lmao

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:27 AM

Tmac forced 7 games last year in his postseason appearance.

Did Dirkachoke? Nope.

don't get me started on dirkachoke's Miami finals chokeathon :rolleyes

Next :rolleyes

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:28 AM

dude, you are sharp!

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:36 AM

you want to talk about choking and 2 game leads, seriously :wtf

at least tmac forced 7 games unlike Dirkachoke going up 2 games to zero himself in the 2006 finals and then losing 4 pathetic straight games to the heat and you wanna talk 'bout choking, we talkin' 'bout chokin :dizzy :wtf

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:38 AM

he came into the Jazz game and immediately started playing great D, forcing turnovers that led to great offense :rolleyes

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Scola is the perfect compliment to Yao, as the Rockets broadcaster: Bill Worrell says, he does rebound well, he is not garbage at it, pulls down 6-7 so far, not counting the Laker game of course.

Also another thing Id like to mention is why do people ALWAYS talk about the Rockets being injury prone, the only 2 players that are injured at times are Yao Ming, and T-Mac. T-Mac cant be said about anymore because his back hasnt acted up since he saw that one Doctor, whatever the hell his name is, and Yao missed tons of games because someone fell on his leg, I would say the Rockets can stay healthy unless they have another freak injury.

Bruce Bowen does have trouble against players who can drive in, and shoot well, Paul Pierce, T-Mac, Kobe are perfect examples, but players like Ray Ray and Shawn Marion are a different story.

Dr. John Patterson
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4804198.html

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 01:56 AM

TMac hasn't gotten any younger, and Yao has yet to play a full season. One hopes that his foot issues are now resolved, but there is some question about whether or not he can make it through a whole season, particularly in an up-tempo style of ball, given his tendency towards slowness and his disappearing act if he plays too many minutes.

first 3 years :rolleyes

Darkwaters
11-05-2007, 02:02 AM

Yea, hes completely right on this one. Yao missed a lot of time the last two seasons, but he was an ironman the first 3 years.

ludda
11-05-2007, 02:09 AM
As far as I see it, Rockets and Mavs are both chokers. If someone held a gun to my head and asked me to choose which one scared me, I would say mavs b/c they didn't choke against us. But am I worried about the mavs? Hell no, we are better equipped. Will Houston surprise me? Quite possibly. Boston will be intriguing.

ehz33satx
11-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Why even post a question like this? Admitting to being afraid is a sign of weakness. Be strong.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Tmac forced 7 games last year in his postseason appearance.

Did Dirkachoke? Nope.

don't get me started on dirkachoke's Miami finals chokeathon :rolleyes

Next :rolleyes

Tell me when T-Mac actually gets out of the 1st round, k? What it is, 6 years now?

Last time the Mavs-Rockets met, it was a game 7 forced by Dirk. What was the final score of game 7? remember?

easjer
11-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Oh, you are correct. My apologies. Since I live in Houston, I usually watch the sports as part of the news, but I don't really pay any attention, because, uh, Houston. So it's just the impression created by the fact he has missed so much time in the past two years.

Regardless, my initial point stands - TMac and Yao have both been injured frequently since TMac joined the Rockets and they will both be needed if the Rockets are to win - both in regular season for prime playoff seeding in a division where one of the Texas teams can't be better than 5th (especially since they seem to have a lot of trouble in years where they are evenly matched against a team - they are liklier to get out of the first round if they play a team that barely scraped into the playoffs than a team that is top of their division but has a poor record against the top 3 teams), and also for the playoffs if they are to have any hope of advancing.

And it does remain to be seen how well Yao handles the uptempo pace. My friends here are split. Half of them seem to think it will benefit his outside game and play to his strengths; the other half seem to think (as I do) that it is going to wear and tear his body down and make him more injury prone. I've never gotten the impression that speed is one of Yao's biggest attributes - he appears to me to be winded easily, and that makes me question his ability to do it all season. However, I freely admit I have not watched all of the Rockets games this season, only pieces here and there.

Regardless, I have to see them do something before I fear them. Ask again in March who worries me, I might have a different tune to sing, but really, our team inspires me with a ton of confidence. Watching them play over the past week has been making me giddy. They've got a lot of work ahead of them, but damn they look good. It feels like they are already playing late December ball, not Oct/Nov ball. They can only get better, and they've got loads of experience and chemistry and when the defense gets there - no one scares me.

romain.star
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
none of you talked about Sacto:
a sacry team with wonderfull talented (and proven winner) players...
i just hope we don't play them too early in the season cause they're on fire right now

ambchang
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Bowen usually struggles against strong players who can post him up. Players who drive in and shoot well are going to get theirs. Kobe has stated outright that Bowen defends him the best, while T-Mac doesn't do particularly well against the Spurs in most cases. Pierce has the ability to post up well and that is what really causes Bowen problems.

SenorSpur
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I hate to say it, but only Dallas worries me.

I'd have to agree - it's Dallas, too.

They are the only team to have beaten the Spurs in the playoffs, since the Shaq/Kobe-led Fakers.

They're also the only team that matches up very well against the Spurs.

Supreme_Being
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
What I'm worried about is us: not playing great.

stretch
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
The Bobcats. They are a team that just beats teams they are supposed to beat, including the Spurs.

101A
11-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Please come clean.

You are a Rocket fan, not a Spur fan.

We know it, you know it.

Mixability
11-05-2007, 01:26 PM
First educated post as of yet in this thread :clap

:lmao

dbreiden83080
11-05-2007, 01:45 PM
It is still Dallas despite the loss in the 1st RD last year they match up well with us in so many spots.

Lets see if they get out of RD 1 this year. :p:

remingtonbo2001
11-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Hawks.

Especially in Atlanta.

Spurs tend to lose to Atlanta some reason.

:lol That's the first team that came to my mind.

Roxsfan
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Tell me when T-Mac actually gets out of the 1st round, k? What it is, 6 years now?

Last time the Mavs-Rockets met, it was a game 7 forced by Dirk. What was the final score of game 7? remember?

You're the one talking about 2 game leads and choking dipshit, so STFU. I don't understand how you can ridicule tmac for losing 2 game leads when dirkachoke did that in the finals the yr b4 last? That is just stupidity to me.

Dirkachoke FTMFL :sleep

nfg3
11-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Only Dallas would tend to make me worry. Boston comes to mind but it is too early to really say that the Celtics will give the Spurs trouble. Dallas matches up well with us but I've got to see them play us in a series to gauge their mentality. They have lost the last 8 of 10 playoff games and totally imploded against the Warriors. Does this team believe in itself or is there doubt lurking in the back of their minds? But I don't want to use the word "afraid/worry" since I believe that if the Spurs play their game there aren't any teams that can beat them in a 7 game series.

my2sons
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Your the one talking about 2 game leads and choking dipshit, so STFU. I don't understand how you can ridicule tmac for losing 2 game leads when dirkachoke did that in the finals the yr b4 last? That is just stupidity to me.

tmac will get some respect as soon as he....if he can ever get out of the first round...i think thats what they mean by choke...

meta2007
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Tmac just got WC player of the week. I think Manu deserves it more!

dirk4mvp
11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
You're the one talking about 2 game leads and choking dipshit, so STFU. I don't understand how you can ridicule tmac for losing 2 game leads when dirkachoke did that in the finals the yr b4 last? That is just stupidity to me.

dumbfuck, last I check Dirk's team has given up one 2 game lead series, meanwhile T-Choke's teams has given it up 3 times. And all of T-Macs has come in the first round....since that's the fartherst he's ever got. :lol

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Please come clean.

You are a Rocket fan, not a Spur fan.

We know it, you know it.

Just because I know more about other teams than you do, those not make me a fan of them :elephant

SpursGO
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
dumbfuck, last I check Dirk's team has given up one 2 game lead series, meanwhile T-Choke's teams has given it up 3 times. And all of T-Macs has come in the first round....since that's the fartherst he's ever got. :lol

I wouldnt say that about the team thats going to beat you tonight.

11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
kenny smith said that the spurs is not going to repeat as champions. :madrun :pctoss

Walter Craparita
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
The Refs and only the refs.

tmtcsc
11-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Nobody but the injury bug.

We'll have ups and downs I suspect. Dallas 2006 would give us the most competition. However, that team has been brutally battered mentally.

SuperManu!!!
11-05-2007, 10:07 PM
spurs themselves

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I think it basically the thread title that started all this controversy.

"Most Afraid of Playing" makes it sound like we think we're going to get eliminated; it's just a matter of when and by who.

"The Team Most Capable of Beating Us" though it basically has the same answers, it doesn't stir up the same kind of controversy.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
I wouldnt say that about the team thats going to beat you tonight.

Did you say something?

k thnx

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
So since Houston doesn't seem to be much of a threat (as proved tonight) and the Suns just can't beat the Spurs in a knock down drag out series, people who only say Dallas is a threat is correct.

SpursGO
11-06-2007, 12:16 AM
So since Houston doesn't seem to be much of a threat (as proved tonight) and the Suns just can't beat the Spurs in a knock down drag out series, people who only say Dallas is a threat is correct.

As proved tonight? Its 1 game you dumbfuck.

You guys could barely beat a team who was struggling on 3 pointers, and doesnt even know 25% of the offense. Great job!, next time they play, the Rockets win by 15-20 mark it, write it down.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Considering you said the rockets would win this one, i'll take that with a grain of salt.

T-Mac drops 35 and they still almost lose by double digits. Oooo the Mavs must be shivering in their boots.

Roxsfan
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM

It was a good win for the Mavs, but when the Rockets beat the Mavs by 41 points last year to help the mavs start 0-4, what did that prove?

It was neck and neck until the last 3 mins, and the mavs executed very well down the stretch......props

Dallas may be the primary threat for SA, I will give you that for now.

Roxsfan
11-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Fuck off with the cussing asshole. :smokin

finals choke is worse imo.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Fuck off with the cussing asshole. :smokin

finals choke is worse imo.

gosh darn, I'm so freakin sorry.

Both are pretty bad imo.

Good game tonight, brah!

SpursGO
11-06-2007, 12:37 AM
It was a good win for the Mavs, but when the Rockets beat the Mavs by 41 points last year to help them start 0-4, what did that prove?

It was neck and neck until the last 3 mins, and the mavs executed very well down the stretch......props

Dallas may be the primary threat for SA, I will give you that for now.

From what I remember it was 31 points, and the game obviously doesnt mean anything, it means the Rockets are 9 points away from beating a contender at their house, T-Mac went what 5-16 in the 2nd half, the role players shot horrible, and the offensive still needs to be figured out.

I'll bet my life the Rockets beat the Mavs at home, and everyone just wait and see after 15-20 games the Rockets are gonna kill, I am a Spurs fan and anybody could call me a closet Rockets fan, but I am the only non-rockets fan who understands what this team is capable of.

Roxsfan
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
gosh darn, I'm so freakin sorry.

Both are pretty bad imo.

Good game tonight, brah!

same to you, revitalized respect for the Mavs, I've always had it, but this was a refresher.

Findog
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM

He said he's 16 years old. Minor Forum.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
From what I remember it was 31 points, and the game obviously doesnt mean anything, it means the Rockets are 9 points away from beating a contender at their house, T-Mac went what 5-16 in the 2nd half, the role players shot horrible, and the offensive still needs to be figured out.

I'll bet my life the Rockets beat the Mavs at home, and everyone just wait and see after 15-20 games the Rockets are gonna kill, I am a Spurs fan and anybody could call me a closet Rockets fan, but I am the only non-rockets fan who understands what this team is capable of.

Go ahead and change your team name to Houston Rockets. It fits better.

Findog
11-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I lost about 18 IQ points reading this thread.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Did you have 18 to lose in the first place?

Roxsfan
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM

that's right it was 31, but ESPN screwed with my recollection on that:
The Mavericks are 3-1, which is notable only because they were 0-4 at this point last season, with a 41-point loss to Houston mixed in. Dallas went on to match the fifth-most wins in league history before getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271105006

and the chron.com says the Rockets were playing with themselves :dizzy
The Rockets traded punches with the Rockets down to the final five minutes, but the game on the line, the Rockets broke down until the Mavericks...... :rolleyes
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5276104.html

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Tonights game only reaffirms my concern with the Mavs being able to push the Spurs. Even with Dirk having a subpar game Terry was huge. I'd hate to play them with them having home court during the playoffs.

Houston is still Houston, although this version is new and somewhat improved and they'll play us tough but they just don't have the mentality and fortitude to beat us.

Phoenix's chances against us are even more fragile then then Amare's knees. And without Thomas, Hill is not going to bring enough to make a difference.

Out of the east only Boston, and that's only a mild concern only because the Celtics don't have a deep bench and because while they may be able to score, who's going to play defense? Only Garnett is known for his defensive skills.

BigBigSpur
11-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Milwaukee has our number for some reason (we're 8-10 against them in the Duncan era). Good thing we'll never see them in the playoffs.

You got the point.

Jimcs50
11-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Spurs will not beat Boston in Boston.

They will win every other game this year to finish 81-1