PDA

View Full Version : Granger, McGrady NBA Players of the Week

TMTTRIO
11-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Granger, McGrady Named NBA Players of the Week
Posted Nov 5 2007 3:28PM

Rockets Site
Pacers Site

NEW YORK, Nov. 5 – The Indiana Pacers’ Danny Granger and the Houston Rockets’ Tracy McGrady today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Tuesday, Oct. 30 through Sunday, Nov. 4.

Granger, in winning his first NBA Player of the Week honor, helped the Pacers open the season 3-0 for only the second time in the last 12 seasons by averaging 22.7 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 steals. The third-year forward converted half his field goal attempts, including a league-high 10 three-pointers. Granger scored at least 20 points in three consecutive games for the first time in his career.

McGrady led the Rockets to a 3-0 record, averaging a league-high 32.3 points on .500 shooting. McGrady also dished out 4.7 assists and pulled down 4.3 rebounds. In scoring 47 points at Utah Nov. 1, McGrady broke his own mark for most points by a Houston player against Utah. The Rockets opened the season 3-0 for the first time since 1996 and only the seventh time in team history.

Here is a closer look at the week for Granger and McGrady:

Danny Granger, Indiana Pacers

Oct. 31 vs. Washington: Recorded a 20-point, 13-rebound double-double in Indiana’s 119-110 overtime win. He scored seven of his points in OT.

Nov. 2 vs. Miami: Tallied 25 points and nine boards in Indiana’s 87-85 victory.

Nov. 3 @ Memphis: Scored 23 points in the Pacers’ 121-111 win.

Tracy McGrady, Houston Rockets

Oct. 30. @ L.A. Lakers: Tallied 30 points, six rebounds and four assists in Houston’s 95-93 win.

Nov. 1 @ Utah: Poured in 47 points to go with four rebounds and four assists in the Rockets’ 106-95 road victory.

Nov. 3 vs. Portland: Scored 20 points and dished six assists in an 89-80 win.

Other nominees for Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week were Boston’s Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce; Detroit’s Chauncey Billups; New Jersey’s Richard Jefferson; New Orleans’ Chris Paul; Orlando’s Hedo Turkoglu; Phoenix’s Shawn Marion and Steve Nash; and San Antonio’s Manu Ginobili.

It's good to see Manu at least get nominated for it. He's been playing great so far into this season and has really been clutch at the end of the games. I just looked and didn't even realize he was tied with Tim 1st in scoring and was leading in assists with 6. I've liked his energy so far going into the season.

SpursDynasty
11-05-2007, 04:37 PM
McGrady is a fluke.

Starting 3-0 is a fluke.

They'll get blown out by 20 Tuesday night and be back at the bottom of the NBA Power Rankings.

stretch
11-05-2007, 04:40 PM
GET THE FUCK OUT.

JMarkJohns
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Granger has been a monster. I'd love to see more of the Pacer's games. He's going to be a great one.

dirk4mvp
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
McGrady is a fluke.

Starting 3-0 is a fluke.

They'll get blown out by 20 Tuesday night and be back at the bottom of the NBA Power Rankings.

the Spurs beating the Grizzlies was a fluke. If Pau wanted to, he could have dropped 40 on Duncan. He just didn't score points he didn't score.

stretch
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
the Spurs beating the Grizzlies was a fluke. If Pau wanted to, he could have dropped 40 on Duncan. He just didn't score points he didn't score.
The Spurs got all the calls. If the Grizzlies got all the calls, hit their shots, and outscored the Spurs, they would have just beat a team they were supposed to beat.

DOMINATOR
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
found a picture of SpursDynasty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/DOMINATOR5/moran.jpg

Reggie Miller
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Granger has been a monster. I'd love to see more of the Pacer's games. He's going to be a great one.

Granger is finally realizing the potential I have seen for the last two seasons. It will be interesting to see if he has finally broken out. It does make me wonder if Carlisle had lost more control over the team than I thought. In other words, I think Granger may be playing better due to a different coaching style and offense, moreso than maturing as a player.

stretch
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
found a picture of SpursDynasty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/DOMINATOR5/moran.jpg
:lmao