PDA

View Full Version : Sanity

J.T.
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Bolts going to get bum rushed next week. Just making sure you don't forget.

monosylab1k
11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
over/under on Addai rushing yards set at 200.

Extra Stout
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Chargers will finish 8-8. With competent coaching, they'd be 11-5 or better.

TampaDude
11-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Norv Turner...'nuff said...

monosylab1k
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I still wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. On a typical Chargers day they'll get beat easy by Carolina. But in those rare moments where they remember that they're actually a pretty good team, they're right there with NE & Indy.

J.T.
11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I still wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs. On a typical Chargers day they'll get beat easy by Carolina. But in those rare moments where they remember that they're actually a pretty good team, they're right there with NE & Indy.

I don't think any team quarterbacked by Philip Rivers deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Colts and Patriots right now. It's going to suck being LT, upstaged by Peterson and Addai in consecutive weeks.

Off topic, but lol @ Trey Wingo saying the Colts were undefeated at home since 1994. I understand the concept of a gross exaggeration, but the dominant 2005 Colts team was embarrassed by the Steelers in the playoffs two short years ago. ESPN continues to tarnish its self-proclaimed title as "best in the business".

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-06-2007, 01:45 AM

Pretty much. They either dominate or are dominated.

Cottrell proving to be an even bigger idiot than I thought before this season.

Norv Turner is still the devil.

san antonio spurs
11-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't think any team quarterbacked by Philip Rivers deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Colts and Patriots right now. It's going to suck being LT, upstaged by Peterson and Addai in consecutive weeks.

I agree. With Rivers as their QB, they can't be mentioned with the colts and pats. But on some games, he can quarter back like brady and manning. I think next sunday will be that day, and even though I don't like the chargers at all, they can pull an upset.

SD 27
IND 24
________
brunette girl Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/brunette-girls/)

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Bolts going to get bum rushed next week. Just making sure you don't forget.Not feeling too confident with all the injuries we've had. Still won't be surprised to see the Colts lose.

BeerIsGood!
11-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Right now I don't see it as the "Colts and Pats". The Pats just won in the dome playing their C game on offense. Sadly, I think it's the Pats.... followed by the Colts.... and the Cowboys/Steelers jocking for 3rd.

peewee's lovechild
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
over/under on Addai rushing yards set at 200.

More like 2,000.

The Charge got raped by Adrian.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
More like 2,000.

The Charge got raped by Adrian.he was held to 50 yards the first half, losing two dl starters didn't help in the second half

Fabbs
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Exactly. Which would make Rivers 25-7 as a starter.
RiversHaters have no clue how screwed up playing for a NorvRon team is.

MN stacking 8 or 9 in the box and the moron runs on 1st down 6 times in a row in the losing 2nd half. Which means the D knows the Chargers are then passing. Also instead of giving PRivers shorter routes, he has him drop back 7 steps and the recievers run long developing routes as the rush is climing up his arse.

I have no doubt you swap Brady for Rivers and Norv would bring Brady down to .500.

Extra Stout
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Exactly. Which would make Rivers 25-7 as a starter.
RiversHaters have no clue how screwed up playing for a NorvRon team is.

MN stacking 8 or 9 in the box and the moron runs on 1st down 6 times in a row in the losing 2nd half. Which means the D knows the Chargers are then passing. Also instead of giving PRivers shorter routes, he has him drop back 7 steps and the recievers run long developing routes as the rush is climing up his arse.

I have no doubt you swap Brady for Rivers and Norv would bring Brady down to .500.
Rivers has Donovan McNabb's arm* without McNabb's mobility. He's an eh QB.

*In other words, strong, but scattershot.

TheSanityAnnex
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Rivers doesn't perform well under defensive pressure and the oline has not been playing well. Doesn't help that the starting center has been out with injuries either

BUMP
11-07-2007, 09:43 AM
im rooting for the Chargers so people will realize that the Colts are actually human. everyone says it is New England/Indy and everyonoe else, when it is really New england and everybody else.

Indy would definitely have trouble with Dallas again

Fabbs
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Rivers doesn't perform well under defensive pressure and the oline has not been playing well. Doesn't help that the starting center has been out with injuries either
I saw Brady throw an INT and Peyton have a game blowing fumble when pressure came. Yes of course they both kicked ass otherwise. In fact Peyton threw the would be game winning 27-17 35 yd pass right smack dab on the money that Wayne let go right thru his hands. Bradys bomb to Randy Moss was joke D imo. All he had to do was chuck it up.

Point is, PRivers faced pressure from MN D on every play and Norvron calls plays that do nothing to help. The few short and midrangers he called worked very well, PRivs throwing right on the money when he could deposit quickly. VJackson is also a puss that does not try to fight for slightly underthrown balls one iota. Ditto Chambers on the breakaway. Yeah Rivers blew it and underthrew, but way to not even try to adjust and catch it Chambers. The db was 6 yds back.

greenroom
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Right now I don't see it as the "Colts and Pats". The Pats just won in the dome playing their C game on offense. Sadly, I think it's the Pats.... followed by the Colts.... and the Cowboys/Steelers jocking for 3rd.

The Pats may have played their C game.. but the Colts played would have been graded as a D. Without Harrison the offence just was not the same. If Harrison had played I am willing to bet the house that the Colts would of defeated the Pats.

J.T.
11-07-2007, 11:12 PM
The Pats may have played their C game.. but the Colts played would have been graded as a D. Without Harrison the offence just was not the same. If Harrison had played I am willing to bet the house that the Colts would of defeated the Pats.

The way the Colts played that game was deceptive because Harrison is a legitimate threat that warrants double coverage. With Gonzalez also out, Manning's passing options were limited and it was obvious the Pats would cover Clark. Leaving Reggie as the only legitimate WR. If not for Addia's monster game, I don't think the Colts would have ever been in the game.

But a healthy Colts team would have been a lot better. Not to take anything away from Reggie Wayne, because he is a great WR, but when he's the first and only option, it's hard to get things done. With Marvin and Gonzo back, I think the offense opens up because both of them are legitimate enough to make big plays, especially Marvin. A healthy receiving corps makes the Pats D a little more honest and the Colts will definitely play a better game the 2nd time around.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 11:47 PM
You forget that Belichick has consistently shut down Marvin Harrison over the years. Marvin has made a few nice catches against the Pats, but mostly over the years his time spent playing New England consists of watching Reggie Wayne catch passes & whining to the refs about how hard Ty Law or Asante Samuel is owning his candy ass.

greenroom
11-08-2007, 07:39 AM
You forget that Belichick has consistently shut down Marvin Harrison over the years. Marvin has made a few nice catches against the Pats, but mostly over the years his time spent playing New England consists of watching Reggie Wayne catch passes & whining to the refs about how hard Ty Law or Asante Samuel is owning his candy ass.

Ah you mean be allowed to mug the Indy Wr's. I am not a fan of either team as well.

But Pats fans can think that Harrison would not of made a difference if you want.

Man this sucks being a Broncos fan this year... :madrun

stretch
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Rivers has Donovan McNabb's arm* without McNabb's mobility. He's an eh QB.

*In other words, strong, but scattershot.
Uh, Rivers doesnt have a particularly strong arm. He was always known more for accuracy. McNabb has a freakin cannon.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Ah you mean be allowed to mug the Indy Wr's. I am not a fan of either team as well.
I'm not talking about mugging anybody. Last year's AFC Championship Game, Harrison was a complete non-factor because Samuel dominated him.

johnsmith
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not talking about mugging anybody. Last year's AFC Championship Game, Harrison was a complete non-factor because Samuel dominated him.

You mean back in the day when you were a Colts fan?

stretch
11-08-2007, 01:13 PM
lol, Cutler

johnsmith
11-08-2007, 01:28 PM
lol, Cutler

Oops, I forgot that you get offended when someone makes fun of your man crush Mono.

Go Raiders.

J.T.
11-08-2007, 01:34 PM

I guess a game tying 2pt conversion doesn't account for anything, does it?

Marvin didn't particularly do jack the entire playoffs, so I am hard pressed to say he was dominated, especially since all of the deep end zone balls in that game were going to Reggie anyway. Marvin was most likely not targeted much in that game out of respect for Samuel since he had the early pick six. Prior to that game, Marvin had 4 TDs in the two wins against the Pats, including that amazing one he had while falling out of bounds in last year's regular season game.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
You mean back in the day when you were a Colts fan?
you mean back when you had the balls to take me on without waiting for someone else to do it first? oh wait, that's never happened.

J.T.
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't read johnsmith's post to see why you were dogging on Marvin, but I think I get what he says now. If Marvin had played last Sunday, even if he didn't catch any passes or get any looks, the Colts would have undoubtedly put up more points. I wouldn't say Marvin would make the same plays Moss is making now, but how many years have you seen the Colts run five play drives that end in a bomb to Marvin? Marv commands multiple coverage because of the receiving threat he is. The Colts offense minus Marv and Gonzo is much more predictable. I don't think the Patriots were prepared for Addai to go off like he did, and like I said in another post, Addai's emergence as a threat in that game is going to pay dividends for the Colts if they play the Pats again in the playoffs. The Patriots will almost certainly try to take Addai out of the game. That's just what Belichick does. Last week, Peyton had Reggie and Dallas to throw to. The Pats had Dallas covered pretty well all game because he is such a slot threat. It was apparent that that was what they were doing.

Add Marvin and Gonzo back into the offense and if they run a 2WR-2TE formation, 3WR bunch and so forth, the field is much more open for Peyton. The reason Addai went off is because with the Colts having so many guys out, it's a lot easier to predict what they do. I agree that they were the beneficiary of several penalties that shouldn't have been flagged, but I scoff at anyone who says Marvin Harrison's presence wouldn't have opened up the field for Peyton.

johnsmith
11-08-2007, 01:54 PM
you mean back when you had the balls to take me on without waiting for someone else to do it first? oh wait, that's never happened.

Back when you were a colts fan, which was just this last February, I hadn't even seen you post here.

Tom Brady
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I didn't read johnsmith's post to see why you were dogging on Marvin, but I think I get what he says now. If Marvin had played last Sunday, even if he didn't catch any passes or get any looks, the Colts would have undoubtedly put up more points. I wouldn't say Marvin would make the same plays Moss is making now, but how many years have you seen the Colts run five play drives that end in a bomb to Marvin? Marv commands multiple coverage because of the receiving threat he is. The Colts offense minus Marv and Gonzo is much more predictable. I don't think the Patriots were prepared for Addai to go off like he did, and like I said in another post, Addai's emergence as a threat in that game is going to pay dividends for the Colts if they play the Pats again in the playoffs. The Patriots will almost certainly try to take Addai out of the game. That's just what Belichick does. Last week, Peyton had Reggie and Dallas to throw to. The Pats had Dallas covered pretty well all game because he is such a slot threat. It was apparent that that was what they were doing.

Add Marvin and Gonzo back into the offense and if they run a 2WR-2TE formation, 3WR bunch and so forth, the field is much more open for Peyton. The reason Addai went off is because with the Colts having so many guys out, it's a lot easier to predict what they do. I agree that they were the beneficiary of several penalties that shouldn't have been flagged, but I scoff at anyone who says Marvin Harrison's presence wouldn't have opened up the field for Peyton.

Someone is bitter that his QB's touchdown record is about to get broked!

leemajors
11-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Someone is bitter that his QB's touchdown record is about to get broked!
HGH has done wonders for your arm!

TheSanityAnnex
11-08-2007, 04:49 PM
speaking of arms, I think the an coaches have messed with rivers release and this is effecting his accuracy greatly

Tom Brady
11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
speaking of arms, I think the an coaches have messed with rivers release and this is effecting his accuracy greatly

Still making excuses for getting pwned by me last year I see.

TheSanityAnnex
11-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Still making excuses for getting pwned by me last year I see.The Chargers pwned themselves. Do your research troll.

GEICO Caveman
11-08-2007, 10:49 PM
The Chargers pwned themselves. Do your research troll.

Come up with your own punch lines, man.

TheSanityAnnex
11-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Come up with your own punch lines, man.Stick to your game troll.

and everywhere I go
there's always something there to remind me
of another place and time
of a love that travelled far and found me

TheSanityAnnex
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Bolts going to get bum rushed next week. Just making sure you don't forget.
:lmao