PDA

View Full Version : FTA satelite

Barbarian
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone here have this setup? I am thinking of getting a reciever this weekend. I did quite a bit of research online(a whole day of "working") and it seems a bit complicated but way worth it. Any thoughts?

Barbarian
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Cant believe the stupid candy thread gets more play than this one. :pctoss

Fillmoe
11-06-2007, 02:35 AM
i have a sonicview 4000 setup in my room.... i have regular cable in the livingroom.... the only reason i have it is to get all the football and basketball games.... i would never use it as my main source of television because it goes out once every 3 months and i have to update it..... www.satjunkies.com is a good site to learn from.

Barbarian
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
i have a sonicview 4000 setup in my room.... i have regular cable in the livingroom.... the only reason i have it is to get all the football and basketball games.... i would never use it as my main source of television because it goes out once every 3 months and i have to update it..... www.satjunkies.com is a good site to learn from.

thats exactly why im interested in it also. Just for the sports. Thats also the same reciever I was looking into. Found one online for $109. That seems fairly cheap.
I already have a dish from Direct TV that is old. Do you know if that will work fine or should I buy a new one? Also, is there anything you would suggest buying? ex. installation kit, wiring, software, etc..?

Fillmoe
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
it might not work on a direct tv dish.... your best bet is to get a dish network dish 500 from craigslist for like 25 bucks.....