word
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
incredibly stupid ?

JoeChalupa
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
He can be so it ain't just you.

word
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I caught a few minutes of him on the drive home thinking...he's got some problems I think. *I* am a conservative....I don't know WHAT that dude is.

Mark in Austin
11-06-2007, 03:11 AM
God I miss the Thompson brothers - you could actually listen to or have a discussion about an issue. They usually fell on oposite sides, but were able to express their opinions without yelling at callers or each other. And the discussion had well thought out points usually on both sides.

We went from blowtorch to blowhard.

Insomniac
11-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, he does seem to have the Chuck Booms "you're an idiot if you disagree" kind of attitude.

PakiDan
11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Completely agree.

S_A_Longhorn
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
I got into a heated email discussion with him when I called him out for going on the air several weeks ago saying West Campus students were now attending "Southwest High School". He then tried to contact "SAISD" for comment. (West Campus students are now attending South San High School and their school district is SSISD, South San ISD.) I called him an idiot and unprofessional for making these mistakes when trying to talk about a heated topic.

The discussion then got more heated when I told him that stupid mistake wouldn't be made by someone who was from San Antonio. I even posed him the infamous question as to why Clear Channel refuses to hire a Hispanic host for their famed 5:00 PM show. He then started calling me a "bigot" and any other racial term for asking that question. I can post the exact emails as I still have them.

Be sure to listen to his his conversaion with Councilwoman Diane Cibrian regarding Boobie Rocks a couple of weeks ago. She makes a fool of herself, but not as much as Joe Pags. It's available on his WOAI page.

I stopped listening to WOAI since these ridiculous incidents. I'll wait for the next rotation of radio hosts by Clear Channel.

The Thompson Brothers are sorely missed both on the Ticket and WOAI. :madrun

Walter Craparita
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
He takes the stories and runs with them before actually looking into the details and context.

At least when he is talking about events that I have some basic knowledge about.

Taco
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I remember listening to his show and the topic public healthcare and employers who did not offer health insurance; his solution was to get a better job where they did offer health insurance.

I’m thinking, yes but if the person get’s into a place where they do offer health insurance their old job still needs to be filled and you have the same problem all over again.

HELLO!?!?!?!?!

Think McPags!!!!

Ghost Busters
11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
According to Peter Burns and TPark San Antonio radio is the best ever. Why can't you all just agree with them?

bendmz
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
he's just another "OUTSIDER" coming in to stir shit he knows nothing about.... :wakeup

S_A_Longhorn
11-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I remember listening to his show and the topic public healthcare and employers who did not offer health insurance; his solution was to get a better job where they did offer health insurance.

I’m thinking, yes but if the person get’s into a place where they do offer health insurance their old job still needs to be filled and you have the same problem all over again.

HELLO!?!?!?!?!

Think McPags!!!!

:lol
Classic. Why can't we have hosts that think this way??

KEDA
11-08-2007, 10:50 PM
He was great in the morning, but he is like a damn pitbull on his evening show.

He is always looking for a fight. I stopped listening to him after he turned into a fighter!

T Park
11-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah he was fantastic on the morning.

now its like hes pissed off all the time.

Not the employer's, nor the "public"'s problem.

T Park
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
According to Peter Burns and TPark San Antonio radio is the best ever. Why can't you all just agree with them?

Lovely how you now lie about me.

Keep it up.

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Thought it would be a public service to post the following email from Joe in response to my email.

My email:

You might remember from when you first started on WOAI. I raised the question as to why another outsider was given the job of the drive-home show instead of a local, Hispanic host. You naturally accused me of being a racist for raising the issue along with your very "pleasant" demeanor. I've never listened to your show for more than the time it takes me to change stations when I start my car at 5:10 pm ever since then. Unfortunately, I heard some of it yesterday for a couple of minutes.

While I don't doubt that somebody tells you what to say on your program, I do raise the question why WOAI doesn't have any liberal voices during the day? I enjoy Hannity's and Ingraham's (no longer on in SA) shows, yet I hate the way they present the "facts" on a daily basis. Still, to be fair and balanced, why doesn't WOAI have a voice of the opposite side during the day? Beck followed by Rush followed by Hannity followed by Pags. Its the same spin radio all day, five days a week. It's more than annoying and tiring. I love to hear a different opinion even if it was outnumbered 1 hour to 9.

Also, back to the original topic. Just to let you know, I'm not a racist and I am not the only person in San Antonio that asks the question about a Hispanic host on drive-home radio. Scroll down midway on this LINK of Jeanne Jakle's article:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/columnists/jeanne_jakle/Jeanne_Jakle_Female_radio_voices_lacking.html

Specifically: "P.S. While we're on KTSA's hunt, e-mailer Max De La Cruz wonders why “talk radio here seems to be an Anglos-only playground” — even though the majority of the S.A. population is Hispanic.
He said the point is particularly relevant considering the more diverse nature of this year's presidential election."

And yes I know you are not an "Anglo". Don't ignore the point of the arguement.

Pag's response:

As I recall your disgusting/disgraceful emails to me of a few years ago, I can't help but wonder why you would ever endeavor to think I'd EVER respond to your questions.

Some people have all the nerve.

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Thanks for listening!!
Joe "Pags" Pagliarulo
www.joepags.net
www.myspace.com/joetalkshow

I followed with:

Yeah, that's what I thought. You ignore the point of the conversation. Nerve? It's called freedom of speech. I know you believe in your freedom of speech, just no one elses. Thanks for providing me with more material to post around the net.

Here's hoping for your replacement. Based on Clear Channel's history, that should be coming any month now.

His original source of anger was when I emailed him, shortly after his start, asking why (once again) WOAI didn't hire a local, Hispanic host for the PM drive show. He accused me of racism and every other typical insult he's known for.

On a sidenote, why did Koch get fired from KTSA?

angel_luv
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
The Thompson Brothers are sorely missed both on the Ticket and WOAI.

Word!

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2008, 02:42 PM
He;s a tool

angel_luv
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
His original source of anger was when I emailed him, shortly after his start, asking why (once again) WOAI didn't hire a local, Hispanic host for the PM drive show. He accused me of racism and every other typical insult he's known for.

His show may stink but at least his memory is excellent. :lol

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Word!

The Thompson Brothers are on the Zone 1250 AM between 3-5 pm daily.

I'll post any response by Joe Pags.

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
His show may stink but at least his memory is excellent. :lol

That, or most likely I wasn't the only one who asked the question of him.

CosmicCowboy
09-23-2008, 02:49 PM
The guys ignorance just amazes me. Time after time I have heard him talking about certain issues and realized that I knew at least twice as much as he did about the issue...You would think he would just take a little time to be informed about the issues he's discussing...and the crazy thing is he doesn't even realize just how ignorant he IS...

angel_luv
09-23-2008, 02:49 PM

I'll post any response by Joe Pags.

Ah, ty. :)

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Ah, ty. :)

you didn't know that?

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Joe Pags latest reply:

yes.. I ignore people like you.. because there are no points to a conversation that's grounded in baseless insults. You never gave me a chance. Good thing you're alone. Got the ratings today. They went up again!!!

Yahoo!

bye bye

j

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM
it wasnt a baseless insult

angel_luv
you didn't know that?

If I ever was made aware, it slipped my mind.

T Park
Thought it would be a public service to post the following email from Joe in response to my email.

My email:

Pag's response:

I followed with:

On a sidenote, why did Koch get fired from KTSA?

Just curious why the host has to be hispanic?

angel_luv
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
yes.. I ignore people like you.. because there are no points to a conversation that's grounded in baseless insults. You never gave me a chance. Good thing you're alone. Got the ratings today. They went up again!!!

Yahoo!

bye bye

j

:lol is that an official endorsement?

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
My reply:

No points to a conversation that's grounded in baseless insults? What??

I asked why WOAI doesn't have a liberal voice during the weekday. I then mentioned our original conversation regarding a Hispanic host for the PM show, citing Jeanne Jakle's column in the SA Express News where someone else asked the sam question. You can call him a bigot too if you like.

I would like to correct one thing: I don't doubt your claim that no one tells you what to say on your program. My first email didn't phrase that properly. Too many negatives in one sentence. But that comment spurred my question to the programming on WOAI, which you listed yesterday.

Oh, to clarify, our conversation took place last October. Not "years" ago. Of course, back then you said it took me five days to respond to your email when it was only a weekend. Perhaps you have me confused with another of your 'fans'. Congrats on the ratings - must be difficult to compete against sports talk and FM radio.

And since when do ratings matter for Clear Channel employment?

S_A_Longhorn
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Just curious why the host has to be hispanic?

It's been a long going question. San Antonio is mostly Hispanic, so why not a Hispanic voice on radio? It happens on TV all the time. WOAI PM drive show is the biggest show, yet they haven't had a Hispanic voice in a town where they have their HQs.

Jakle's article cited it as well:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/columnists/jeanne_jakle/Jeanne_Jakle_Female_radio_voices_lacking.html

"P.S. While we're on KTSA's hunt, e-mailer Max De La Cruz wonders why “talk radio here seems to be an Anglos-only playground” — even though the majority of the S.A. population is Hispanic.
He said the point is particularly relevant considering the more diverse nature of this year's presidential election."

remingtonbo2001
09-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Are they still doing the "What's in Rob's pocket" skit?

I've only caught them once or twice since they moved to 1250.

I loved their show at the 5pm slot.