PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Deserves Its Own Forum Here?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
It's cool that the Pistons and Kings have their own Forum here, but they are slowly creeping away from SpursTalk as the population of Dallas and Phoenix and Houston increases by the day, troll or not. I'm not saying to get rid of the KingsTalk or PistonsTalk, but I feel as though that if they have their own forums, another team is on the horizon of getting their own Forum. Which should it be?

Just felt like I needed to post this just for opinions. Sorry Kori if this is inappropriate.

whottt
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Fuck a forum for Phoenix, Houston or Dallas...

I hate those guys.

Detroit was different because the Pistons fans were exceptionally cool when they came here in 05.

The Kingsfans were a case of pity because all the Kings forums suck and are moderated like Castro moderates Cuba.

But giving the Mavs, Suns or Rockets fans a forum? They are like our arch enemies...I don't want to see a forum for them here :vomit:

Ditto the Jazz and the Lakers.

I don't want to live in harmony with the fans of those teams. There's obviously something wrong with those people, or they wouldn't be fans of those teams. I think they're evil.

bdictjames
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Obviously, Bobcats Dynasty wants one as well lol.

mavs>spurs2
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Fuck a forum for Phoenix, Houston or Dallas...

I hate those guys.

Detroit was different because the Pistons fans were exceptionally cool when they came here in 05.

The Kingsfans were a case of pity because all the Kings forums suck and are moderated like Castro moderates Cuba.

But giving the Mavs, Suns or Rockets fans a forum? They are like our arch enemies...I don't want to see a forum for them here :vomit:

Ditto the Jazz and the Lakers.

I don't want to live in harmony with the fans of those teams. There's obviously something wrong with those people, or they wouldn't be fans of those teams. I think they're evil.

:lmao

There's actually some alright Mav fans here

I take it you've never met Mono, Shank, Findog, Stretch, etc

whottt
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
:lmao

There's actually some alright Mav fans here

I take it you've never met Mono,

Sucks

Shank,

Possibly sucks worse than any message board poster in the history of the internet.

Findog,

The reason that Shank being the worst ever is a possiblity and not a certainty.

etc

Sucks.

The only Mav that really don't suck is Adrienne, and that's because she was here 4 years or something before the others showed up....bandwaggoning.

mavs>spurs2
11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Thats pretty harsh...Mono and Findog are alright in my book

There's also like one good Sun fan poster OldDirtMcGuirt or something

stretch
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Sucks

Possibly sucks worse than any message board poster in the history of the internet.

The reason that Shank being the worst ever is a possiblity and not a certainty.

Sucks.

The only Mav that really don't suck is Adrienne, and that's because she was here 4 years or something before the others showed up....bandwaggoning.
What about me?

stretch
11-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Thats pretty harsh...Mono and Findog are alright in my book

There's also like one good Sun fan poster OldDirtMcGuirt or something
Dirt, Jmarkjohns, and ronmexico are all pretty cool... for suns fans... lol

whottt
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
What about me?

I was undecided between sucks and irrelevant...but since you pressed me for an answer...Sucks it is.

stretch
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I was undecided between sucks and irrelevant...but since you pressed me for an answer...Sucks it is.
fuck you

whottt
11-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't kill the messenger...and you did ask.

HeatChamps
11-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Fucking why isn't the heat one of da options?

stretch
11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Don't kill the messenger...and you did ask.
You gave me your answer... and I said fuck you.

stretch
11-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Fucking why isn't the heat one of da options?
Cuz you guys are fucking morons.

dirk4mvp
11-06-2007, 12:21 AM
The Grizzlies should have their own forum. After all, they could have beat the Spurs easily if they really wanted to. So they deserve respect.

leemajors
11-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Dirt, Jmarkjohns, and ronmexico are all pretty cool... for suns fans... lol
xylus, billscarnage.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Cuz you guys are fucking morons.

Now that's something everybody could agree on.

But the Basketball News Central forum has pretty much turned into "Suns and Mavs" discussion forum. So it could clean it up a little bit.

monosylab1k
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
eh there should never be a Mavs forum here. This is SpursTalk after all. I kinda like how the Mavs fans are a small group of renegades (or dumbasses, however you choose to look at it) on here with no home, fending for ourselves.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-06-2007, 12:41 AM
eh there should never be a Mavs forum here. This is SpursTalk after all. I kinda like how the Mavs fans are a small group of renegades (or dumbasses, however you choose to look at it) on here with no home, fending for ourselves.

I think that a bunch of renegades without a home or a purpose fending for themselves is a little bit of a romantic way to say a couple of dudes with too much free time who post on an internet forum about the NBA. But whatever floats your boat.

Horry For 3!
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
None of the above.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Are you fucking shitting me?? A Suns sub forum? absolutely no-fucking-way! Granted there are a few Suns fans that are cool here... but we're talking two or three, TOPS! the rest are a bunch of crying little girls.

As for the Rockets... well, Rocket fans are here MAINLY because of Scola, if they get a forum here, you can bet we'll never hear the end of that shit.

Finally, our infamous Dallas friends... put it simply, creating a Mavs subforum on a Spurs fan site is HERESY! and suggesting it BLASPHEMY!

exstatic
11-06-2007, 07:17 AM
None of the above.
+1

velik_m
11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
None of the above.

++

Reggie Miller
11-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, by the "all the other Kings' forums suck" rationale, you could justify branching out into a lot of teams. Several EC teams do not have good/non-censored forums. However, there would be about zero interest in them, except maybe Boston and Cleveland. (I don't actually know if those two teams are adequately represented on these internets or not.)

It seems like the Kings and Pistons were special cases. I don't think you can have other Texas teams on a Spurs board: too much cognitive dissonance.

What might work is having a "Rivals" forum apart from "Basketball News Central" and really enforcing the distinction. (Sorry, Kori. Sounds like more work for you.) Too many good threads in B News get hijacked. I guess you could ban a few and temporarily clear up the problem, but that really isn't a long term solution. Also, I kind of like how you can have a bad day, post something really stupid, and not get kicked off of here. It wouldn't be Spurs Talk without a few Mavs and Suns trolls.

I see myself as a guest here, so take it for what it's worth...

Soul_Patch
11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
We really need a washington wizards forum here.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I voted Mavs, but I really hope if they get a forum they choose to stick around and keep posting in other forums. Time has weeded out a lot of the less sensible Mavs fans. They have a pretty good group here on the boards and losing their contributions would suck. =)

stretch
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I would definitely be posting more in other forums. But a Mavs forum would also attract more Mavs fans from other sites, so it should be able to sustain itself, and then the long-time Mavs posters can still go around like we do now. it may attract a couple noobs, but its fun to have a few of those guys around. I can't imagine what the board would be like without guys like Spursdynasty, da_suns_fan__, nashfan, amarelooms, etc...

Cry Havoc
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I can't imagine what the board would be like without guys like Spursdynasty, da_suns_fan__, nashfan, amarelooms, etc...

Coherent?

stretch
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Coherent?
:lol

True. But those guys make it fun sometimes.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
It wouldn't be Spurs Talk without a few Mavs and Suns trolls.
what the hell are you talking about? Spurstalk was Spurstalk long before the whiny little Suns bitches got here, which wasn't more than a few months ago. Like I said, some of them are cool, but the mayority of them bring nothing to the table other than incoherent whining.

Mavs fans have learnt to tone the trolling down really, they're not all that bad. Still, like I said before no Spurs forum should EVER have a Mavs subforum, its unnatural.

Extra Stout
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
This is not the appropriate venue for a Suns forum. It would be more appropriate on a site about *NSYNC, or floral arranging.

JMarkJohns
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
They don't necessarily deserve their own forum, but if one was given to the Suns, then Kori could limit the Suns trolls posting to said forum. They could still have their soapbox, just said soapbox wouldn't include any and every thread. Only the threads that are in that forum.

Think of the possibilities!!!

Reggie Miller
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
what the hell are you talking about? Spurstalk was Spurstalk long before the whiny little Suns bitches got here, which wasn't more than a few months ago. Like I said, some of them are cool, but the mayority of them bring nothing to the table other than incoherent whining.

Mavs fans have learnt to tone the trolling down really, they're not all that bad. Still, like I said before no Spurs forum should EVER have a Mavs subforum, its unnatural.

The operative word was "few." With a handful around, it reminds me that Kori isn't trigger happy. Personally, I wish da suns fan was banned, but technically, the guy hasn't broken any rules (to my knowledge). I'm sure I annoy the crap out of someone, and it's nice to know that I won't get the hook for an unpopular opinion.

I agree with your overall point, but I think you misunderstood me. I wish there were zero trolls, but I would rather have a few trolls than censorship.

EDIT: I think people that are used to Spurs Talk and don't visit other forums much may not realize what you have going here. Kori really should be commended for allowing almost unlimited freedom. Half the stuff we write here would be a major controversy and result in multiple bans on other sports forums. Seriously.

Reggie Miller
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
They don't necessarily deserve their own forum, but if one was given to the Suns, then Kori could limit the Suns trolls posting to said forum. They could still have their soapbox, just said soapbox wouldn't include any and every thread. Only the threads that are in that forum.

Think of the possibilities!!!

That's more or less what I had in mind for the "Rivals" forum.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-06-2007, 04:06 PM
A Harlem Globetrotters forum on this site is long overdue.

easjer
11-06-2007, 04:11 PM
The operative word was "few." With a handful around, it reminds me that Kori isn't trigger happy. Personally, I wish da suns fan was banned, but technically, the guy hasn't broken any rules (to my knowledge). I'm sure I annoy the crap out of someone, and it's nice to know that I won't get the hook for an unpopular opinion.

I agree with your overall point, but I think you misunderstood me. I wish there were zero trolls, but I would rather have a few trolls than censorship.

EDIT: I think people that are used to Spurs Talk and don't visit other forums much may not realize what you have going here. Kori really should be commended for allowing almost unlimited freedom. Half the stuff we write here would be a major controversy and result in multiple bans on other sports forums. Seriously.

Agreed to that. The freedom on this site is pretty awesome.

Reggie Miller
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
A Harlem Globetrotters forum on this site is long overdue.

Finally, something everyone can agree to do! What about the Bucketeers?

:fro

BUMP
11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
:smokin MAVS :smokin

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Think of the possibilities!!!I guess if there ever was a way to sell the idea, this would be it :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM

I agree, a few trolls IS better than censorship, I've always thought that. However, a few trolls should not have to translate into their own subforum. The few Suns fans that are sensible and intelligent have already become part of our community, to the point where they're not trolls, but Spurstalkers. If they were higher in number (of sensible Suns fans that is), I wouldn't mind they have a forum, but truth of the matter is you can count them in one hand. The rest of them should remain just what they are, trolls.

The point is nobody is talking about censoring anyone here, we're talking about not rewarding a group of fans with something they have not earned.

Kriz-Maxima
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
None of the above.

Thunder Dan
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I would vote for a Cavs forum where I can discuss the Cavs, Browns, Indians and OSU with myself.. I would enjoy that

JMarkJohns
11-06-2007, 10:16 PM
I guess if there ever was a way to sell the idea, this would be it :lol

I need as much help selling it as I can get!!! HELP ME!!! HELP ME HELP YOU!!!

Kori Ellis
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
... but I feel as though that if they have their own forums, another team is on the horizon of getting their own Forum.

They aren't.

JMarkJohns
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
They aren't.

Don't make me beg! PLEASE!!!! :dramaquee

dav4463
11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I think a Warriors forum is needed as gratitude for giving us such a fun first round last year.