PDA

View Full Version : Apology to Jim

MannyIsGod
12-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Dude,

In the past I said Francis was the most over rated player in the leauge, and in the past he was.

But the guy has put in some work and his game is way up this year, and I'm impressed.

Oh, and that dunk was just fucking SICK.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
That, and he gets about 40% of the shots.

Of course his numbers are good.

Brodels
12-22-2004, 10:24 PM
That, and he gets about 40% of the shots.

Of course his numbers are good.

After seeing how he's played this season, he's undoubtedly better than any Spur not named Duncan.

If I recall correctly, you were one of the posters that thought Parker was better. How foolish.

Francis has been playing well. He's been playing much better than Manu and Parker at least. The Spurs would be doing quite well with him.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
hell yeah, but wtf did we lose to them....thes spurs= over rated, same old problems different team, or actually the same team.

Nikos
12-22-2004, 10:39 PM
The Spurs would do well with 4 spot up shooters who can defend to surround Duncan.

They might actually be 20-6 with that scheme.

Their offensive consistency is still non-exsistent, and they can't seem to win many games unless they play a weak offensive team, and the supporting cast is hitting their outside shots.

Otherwise its like walking on eggshells and hoping Duncan dominates the entire opposition.

Solid D
12-23-2004, 02:29 AM
Props to Francis tonight. I missed most of the game. Maybe I'll watch the DVR, maybe not, but it looks like he had a good game. Stevie treads on a slippery slope. He can do some good things, particularly when the refs are calling bail-outs while he flies into the lane backwards and off-balance. He can also be found at the bottom of the hill, just as easily. Good ole' Slippery sloping, dribble dominating Stevie, finished on top this time.

Brodels
12-23-2004, 07:16 AM
The Spurs would do well with 4 spot up shooters who can defend to surround Duncan.

They might actually be 20-6 with that scheme.

Their offensive consistency is still non-exsistent, and they can't seem to win many games unless they play a weak offensive team, and the supporting cast is hitting their outside shots.

Otherwise its like walking on eggshells and hoping Duncan dominates the entire opposition.

I agree that the biggest problem is offensive inconsistency, but I don't agree that the solution is to put four spot up shooters next to Duncan.

That's been tried before. When that happens, Duncan is the first, second, and third option.

The Spurs absolutely need Parker and Manu to get to the basket. For them to do that regularly, they need to hit some jump shots. That's what is going to make things happen in the offense.

The fact remains that those two players can't bring a solid offensive game to the table two nights in a row.

ZStomp
12-23-2004, 07:50 AM
No thanks. I'd still pass.

Jimcs50
12-23-2004, 09:02 AM
I hate the bastard!!!

:)

Nikos
12-23-2004, 10:09 AM
The Spurs absolutely need Parker and Manu to get to the basket. For them to do that regularly, they need to hit some jump shots. That's what is going to make things happen in the offense.

Works both ways though. Some guys who are just pure shooters need to also get to the basket.

It just seems that regardless of their shot they never seem in a consistent offensive groove. Manu was early in the season, but as the season progresses I expect him to continue to defer to Parker. As long as he keeps hitting the three, stays aggressive, and limits his turnovers then I am OK with it.

What I am not OK with is Parker and Manu taking and making limited amount of shots on a consistent basis, while still turning the ball over on forced shots and entry passes as a result of the four down gone sour.

If Parker and Ginobili aren't compatiable with the system, then why were they both signed? They aren't pure shooters. They are solid scorers, who are probably better with getting more shots and plays in the offense (at least Tony is for sure, Manu can still blend in without taking a lot of shots).

Easier said then done though. At some point, they have to produce regardless of not getting consistent touches or looks at the basket. The ball does start and usually end with Duncan.

But sometimes I wonder if the backcourt is compatible with this type of basketball. I think by default you will see inconsistencies with a backcourt that isn't filled with pure shooters, and are usually in a comfort zone only when they are on fire.

Most post offenses in the past seem to be effective with shooters on the floor.

It would be nice if Barry could break into the rotation again.

conversekid
12-23-2004, 10:40 AM
I apologize to Jim too... as I was hitting on his wife while she was at the Mall the other day... I told her about his escapades and she gladly joined me for lunch at the food court... :)

Jimcs50
12-23-2004, 10:56 AM
I apologize to Jim too... as I was hitting on his wife while she was at the Mall the other day... I told her about his escapades and she gladly joined me for lunch at the food court... :)

No wonder she had mustard all over the back of her sweater. :flipoff

conversekid
12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
I love you too Jim :)

tlongII
12-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I would like to apologize to Jim too.

Jimcs50
12-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I would like to apologize to Jim too.

It is ok tlong, I have had to turn down gay proposals before yours...it comes with the territory of being so damn sexy to all who behold me.

conversekid
12-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Jim

Knocking your patients out before drilling their teeth, and then taking advantage of their sleeping state, does not mean you are too sexy. It means you're opportunistic. :)

I haven't given you crap in a long time.. feels great... :)

Jimcs50
12-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Jim

Knocking your patients out before drilling their teeth, and then taking advantage of their sleeping state, does not mean you are too sexy. It means you're opportunistic. :)

I haven't given you crap in a long time.. feels great... :)

I assure you CK, just because you woke up in my chair in an arroused state, that does not mean there was any maleficence even remotely occurring.

conversekid
12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I assure you CK, just because you woke up in my chair in an arroused state, that does not mean there was any maleficence even remotely occurring.

hehe

Solid D
12-23-2004, 03:53 PM
maleficence ???

As in malfeasance?

Is it true that people who don't have the grades to make it all the way through Med School, become Dentists? Hey, I'm just asking. :hat

Jimcs50
12-26-2004, 06:19 PM
???

As in malfeasance?

Is it true that people who don't have the grades to make it all the way through Med School, become Dentists? Hey, I'm just asking. :hat

No, I did not mean malfeasance, I said maleficence because that is what I was wanting to say, look it up numbnuts. :rolleyes

adidas11
12-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Francis has always been 'better' than Parker. Francis is just a more talented basketball player.

His struggles in Houston can be attributed to the slow down, dump the ball down low offense that Van Gundy runs there. Francis needs to be in a system that is more free roaming, more up-paced. That is what he is suited for. Now that he's in Orlando, they don't have a dominant inside presence that demands the ball. Less thinking in the half court for Francis, enables him to run the point more efficiently.

ducks
12-26-2004, 06:27 PM
both are not franchise players
tp has more upside then steve

Solid D
12-26-2004, 06:34 PM
No, I did not mean malfeasance, I said maleficence because that is what I was wanting to say, look it up numbnuts. :rolleyes

You make me laugh, Jim. Nice edit. :lol

Jimcs50
12-26-2004, 07:20 PM
You make me laugh, Jim. Nice edit. :lol

I did not edit, look in CK's quote of my post. Those are two different words with two different meanings.