PDA

View Full Version : This Loss is On Pop

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Six years running now of refusing to address our FT shooting problem.

Robert Horry: DNP- Coach's Decision

If your whole reason for bringing in Barry and Horry is to man the perimeter to free up Tim, why are they playing a combined five minutes tonight while Orlando triple fucking teams Tim?

The one constant for the Spurs offense over the past three weeks has been teams deploying more and more zone against us. This trend is apparently lost on our staff, who has yet to figure out how to run a damn zone offense.

At one point I saw Pop call 4down when Orlando was running zone. You know what posting up Tim in a zone gest you? Beat.

MannyIsGod
12-22-2004, 09:21 PM
I'd say it's on the missed free throws and a lack of defense in the 4th.

The free throwing situation has improved on this team greatly, but the reality of the situation is that while you have the largest contributer of FTs one Tim Duncan, the percentage isn't going to soar.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Barry

Yeah cause he was smokin and baggin shots left and right in the first half.

Those passes to the Magic were a thing of beauty too.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:24 PM
The free throwing situation has improved on this team greatly

That and ignore that Malik Ros an 80% free throw shooter missed some.

Udrih an 80% missed 1

Ginobili who hits high mid 70s missed some.

But thats pop's fault those guys missed em.

whottt
12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
suck, slurp, it's perfection!

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
So Whottt,

Even though your man Brent Barry was playing fantastic

0-2
2 turnovers 5 minutes.

He shouldve played more right??

Of course.

But of course, Shane Heal was an all star.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah cause he was smokin and baggin shots left and right in the first half.

Brent Barry got seven minutes. Guys who got much more time than him did even less.

Fuck Tpark, you wonder why you piss me off. Orlando ran zone half the third quarter, a timespan during which the Spurs scored no points in six minutes. Where was Barry? Where was Horry? Where was our offense?

I know you love Pop, but open your fucking eyes. Right now zone defense is title kryptonite for this team.

Seattle has done it to us twice. Every Spurs loss this year has seen teams going zone on us, resulting in a lengthy scoring drought.

Maybe it'll sink in when Phoenix runs it on our ass next week and runs us out of the gym by 25, I don't know what else it will take to get it through that thick skull of yours.

The fact remains, FT shooting has and still is one of the bigger problems of this team. And it's bullshit that the attitude of our coaching staff, arguably one of the most detail oriented in the league, is to not address the situation because "it might hurt Tim's feelings."

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Where was Barry? On the fuckin bench where he fuckin belongs.

You brick 2 absolutely wide open threes, and look scared doing it?

Fuck you, sit on the bench.

What asuprise, Whottt and Aggie tag team for there brother Barry.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I don't know what else it will take to get it through that thick skull of yours.

When will

Barry has sucked ass

get through your thick skull.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Christ Tpark, you're as dense as a brick.

Beno Udrih, 14 minutes, 1-3, two points, Devin played 24 minutes and was 2-9, at what point do you give Brent a chance?

What about Horry? What's your Popsucking excuse for not giving him any run tonight?

As for our FT shooting, I've lost count of the number of times the last 4 years where the Spurs have lost a game by 5-6 points (like tonight) and missed double figure FTs (13 of 26 tonight).

But hey, it's not a problem, when it bites us in the ass in the playoffs, we'll just trade off a few guys, waive a few, plant some stories in the press about how they were a locker room cancer, etc.

SequSpur
12-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Manu sucks. Beno sucks. Barry sucks. Rasho sucks. Pop sucks.

Most of all, Manu is the biggest fucking overrated player ever in the NBA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
You brick 2 absolutely wide open threes, and look scared doing it?

Fuck you, sit on the bench.

I've seen several Spurs miss much more than that, you still suck their cocks. Malik could go 2 for 20, you'll still say he "hustled."

When will

Barry has sucked ass

get through your thick skull.

When will the fact he's a bench player, not a fucking superstar, get through yours? Oh well, I forgot, Barry is the forum bitch. Never mind his impact on our great start this year, nevermind two games in the last week he saved our ass off the bench.

Pop has decreed Barry sucks, so you trumpet it like some kind of Popdamn broken record player.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:36 PM
But hey, it's not a problem, when it bites us in the ass in the playoffs, we'll just trade off a few guys, waive a few, plant some stories in the press about how they were a locker room cancer, etc.

Who was the guy that was the cancer??

the 80% ft shooting Antonio Daniels??

Yeah trade him, cause, uh, I dont know, hes missing free throws.

Beno Udrih,

Brent Barry against Jameer Nelson and Steve Francis.

Theres a pretty sight.

But, he can shoot!!

oops, 0-3, I forgot the 1 on 5 layup that got swatted that one time.

Dont cheat him shots.

whottt
12-22-2004, 09:37 PM
So Whottt,

Even though your man Brent Barry was playing fantastic

0-2
2 turnovers 5 minutes.

He shouldve played more right??

Of course.

But of course, Shane Heal was an all star.

How did Devin do?

And what did Horry do to deserve not a single minute of PT?

Another big game...Pop refuses to use his bench...I've been bitching about the way he uses the bench in big games since the Detroit series...

Every game Pop does the same shit...every game the same struggles...

Just tell me one fucking thing...

Why in the fuck did Robert Horry not deserve a single second of PT?

What in the fuck did he do wrong?

This has been a trend of Pop in every big game...barely playing Horry, Barry and sometimes Beno..and the result is a 4th quarter or second half
meltdown of missed FT's and TO's...

Every game he does it the result is the same, how hard is it to see?

You want me to post the stats?

What in the fuck is he doing? Just fucking expliain it to me.

Explain it to me and maybe I'll shut up.

Kori Ellis
12-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not going to bitch about freethrows, but one thing that wasn't good is the starters played such heavy minutes on the end front of the back-to-back.

Bowen playing 40, Timmy 38, TP 36 and Manu 33. All above their season averages -- Pop usually tries to cut their minutes a little bit in this type of situation. I agree that the bench should have seen more time.

MannyIsGod
12-22-2004, 09:38 PM
In the 3rd against that zone, Pop should have put Udrih, Barry, and Manu out on the flor together. Devin and Bowen had no place out there because they wereno't doing shit on the defensive end either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Who was the guy that was the cancer??

Let's see, the list has been:

Avery Johnson (fought with Rose in the locker room)
Malik Rose (you remember, you bitched all last year, and half of the year before about his PT)
Derek Anderson
Antonio Daniels

I'm sure others will pitch in, it's usually our M.O. when we dump a guy.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:39 PM
When will the fact he's a bench player, not a fucking superstar, get through yours? Oh well, I forgot, Barry is the forum bitch. Never mind his impact on our great start this year, nevermind two games in the last week he saved our ass off the bench.

Pop has decreed Barry sucks, so you trumpet it like some kind of Popdamn broken record player.

Never mind his impact on our great start this year,

Yeah these 7 minute 0-2 2 turnover games are fantastic contributions.

Hes a bench player, so what, hes supposed to be the greatest shooter of all time.

1 out of 3 is not out of the question.

Pop has decreed Barry sucks

Really??

I thought that was Rasho.

Got a link for when Pop said that about Barry??

Id love to see it.

Experiment2100
12-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Brown had a horrible game 2-9, 1 shot came in garbage time when they needed a three. Did Pop go to the Parcells school of stubborn coaching. I don't blame Pop for questioning Barry after the two misses but everybody sucked today. Barry should have at least had a second chance.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Avery Johnson (fought with Rose in the locker room)
Malik Rose (you remember, you bitched all last year, and half of the year before about his PT)
Derek Anderson
Antonio Daniels

All good free throw shooters.

Not seeing your point.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:40 PM
n the 3rd against that zone, Pop should have put Udrih, Barry, and Manu out on the flor together. Devin and Bowen had no place out there because they wereno't doing shit on the defensive end either.

I agree with you Manny, throw in Horry in Rasho's spot as well. Last week Orlando had us in the same quandry in the third, we put in Horry, Beno, and Barry, and went on a 16-2 run or something like that.

Oh, and another thing, Bowen played 40 minutes tonight. Why? Oh yeah, Brent Barry sucks [/Pop, Tpark, Popsuckers Anonymous]

whottt
12-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Still waiting for someone to tell me why Horry didn't get a second of PT...

Someone please explain it to me...I am too stupid to get it.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Another big game

These mid December games are huge.

And your lying, even if someone did say why he didnt play, you wouldnt shut up.

Why didnt Horry play??

Why did Barry miss open shots and turn the ball over like a rookie?

boutons
12-22-2004, 09:43 PM
When the entire Spurs team is fncked like tonight, end to end, playing Horry or Barry, ain't gonna make a big difference, if any diff at all.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh, and another thing, Bowen played 40 minutes tonight. Why? Oh yeah, Brent Barry sucks

Yeah he did something foreign to Brent Barry.

He actually made a few shots.

But Brent Barry is infalliable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah these 7 minute 0-2 2 turnover games are fantastic contributions.

Hes a bench player, so what, hes supposed to be the greatest shooter of all time.

1 out of 3 is not out of the question.

If Malik played seven minutes, you'd be on here bitching about him not getting enough run to warm up. Barry plays 7 and misses 3 shots with a hand in his face, and he's had enough time to show you something. I give up.

All good free throw shooters.

Not seeing your point.

It's not surprising, this is two different discussions. We'll lose in the playoffs due to Pop's sucking an egg on offense vs. the zone, and Barry is already lined up as the scapegoat. The story will go that Barry was unhappy about PT, and he will be shipped off to never never land.

On the FT shooting, this is about the guys who get a free pass on this team constantly because Pop is too much of a pussy to address the situation.

Rasho's playing bad, you bench him and call him out in the press. Tim can't shoot FTs, and you can't address it because it'll hurt his feelings. Nice coaching.

Experiment2100
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM

All rookies have one TO

When the entire Spurs team is fncked like tonight, end to end, playing Horry or Barry, ain't gonna make a big difference, if any diff at all.
In a back to back PT can make all the difference.

delgadov
12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Do you know what SA all the loses are because of Pop. Everytime he puts in the wrong players or he just (*# up. He puts tim with 4 guards on the court. come on who whould do that only a dumb a__ would do that. Then again no one was shooting good. Sorry but Tim is sorry on the free throw line. Maybe if he tries another shooting position then maybe he might make it. They say is a MVP player come on get real this year is sorry. I am a fan for life. Born and raised in S.A. If the spurs lose again look at what pop does. And if they don't make the Finals just blam it on pop S.A. I love my spurs but pop doesn't know what he is really doing. Look at the houston game. 3 three, 1 four pointer and a lost. what was Devin thinking in the last mins. If pop would know what he is doing then maybe we will make the finals one day or should I say one of these years...............

the 80% ft shooting Antonio Daniels??

Yeah trade him, cause, uh, I dont know, hes missing free throws.

Brent Barry against Jameer Nelson and Steve Francis.

Theres a pretty sight.

But, he can shoot!!

oops, 0-3, I forgot the 1 on 5 layup that got swatted that one time.

Dont cheat him shots.[/QUOTE]

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:47 PM

Well we're already looking up in the standings at two teams. I guess we should be trying for more?

But Brent Barry is infalliable.

I never said he was. When will you admit the same about Pop?

I just that he should get some run. Both he and Horry need minutes, especially when three guys out there (Bowen, Brown, and Udrih) aren't getting it done. Where were either of them when Orlando was kicking our ass with the zone?

Why do you hire a guy to be a zone buster then give him a DNP-CD?

whottt

It was a big game. We lost because of Pop. We've lost at least two games from Pop being an idiot with substitutions.

And your lying, even if someone did say why he didnt play, you wouldnt shut up.

I didn't say for sure I would...only that I might. So STFU.

Why didnt Horry play??

Because Pop's a rigid dumbass and an offensive moron. Because he never plays those spots on his bench consistent minutes historically..so he's not going to now.....just because he doesn't...regardless of if he's got two guys that could be the 6th man for just about any team in the NBA sitting in those spots.

He didn't miss as many as Devin...might have been a wise idea to see if he could get our offense going...like he did in the last game, like he has in just about every game he has gotten substantial minutes in... and maybe he could hit a fucking FT as well.

T Park
with a hand in his face

Really, must have been a ghost, cause those 2 threes were WIDE fucking open.

Hes other genius shot was a 1 on 5 layup. But, thats pop's fault he missed that.
DAMN HIM.

Rasho's playing bad, you bench him and call him out in the press. Tim can't shoot FTs, and you can't address it because it'll hurt his feelings. Nice coaching.

When did Pop's say it would hurt his feelings or confidence if he adressed it?

Link......

Still waiting on the link Pop saying Barry sucks....

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:49 PM
turn the ball over like a rookie?

Why did Devin? Bowen? Udrih? Barry had ONE turnover. Yeah, bench the fucker.

delgadov, I mean Tpark, at least bring a unique take if you're going to go through the trouble of making a new account.

delgadov
Get Rid Of Pop S.a.

T Park
He didn't miss as many as Devin...might have been a wise idea to see if he could get our offense going...like he did in the last game, and maybe he could hit a fucking FT as well

No he missed 3 Devin missed 7.

But thats your comeback for that?

Well well well DEVIN MISSED MORE!!!!!

Lol, not even the Barrysuckers have an excuse for him.

His hair was in his eyes
His dad was there
it was cold

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Barry had ONE turnover

try two

the driving in on 5 guys and shooting up a prayer that gets swatted to Warren Sapp's seat is a turnover.

BTW, me and this clown cant type at the same time.

Plus he hates Pop.
Im supposedly a popsucker.
Read genius.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 09:51 PM
Hes other genius shot was a 1 on 5 layup. But, thats pop's fault he missed that.
DAMN HIM.

Malik, all six five of him, goes up against two 6'10" guys at least once a game, if not more, and gets rudely rejected, where's your criticism for him?

When did Pop's say it would hurt his feelings or confidence if he adressed it?

Link.....

Oh give me a fucking break Tpark. Two years ago when Tim's FT was the lead on sports every night, Pop said he didn't want to bring in a FT coach because it would be an insult to Tim and mess him up in the head.

Don't give me this "when did that happen, LINK" shit, you were here on this board (well, the old one) and read it, as did everyone else. I guess selective memory is a requirement for Popsuckers.

Experiment2100
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM
the driving in on 5 guys and shooting up a prayer that gets swatted to Warren Sapp's seat is a turnover.

That's as much a turnover as missing two free throws.

whottt
12-22-2004, 09:52 PM

His hair was in his eyes
His dad was there
it was cold

Don't say Barry didn't get PT because of missing shots...

It happened because Pop doesn't appreciate the importance of offense.

Barry, Manu, Duncan, Horry, Parker is the best lineup we can throw on the court this season...

We didn't use it once this game.

We didn't use it in the second half of the Houston, first Orlando, or Detroit games either.

Figure the fucking trend out.

It's Pop doing this...he has this deep fucking bench, it has impact players on it to all but the last two men...and he won't fucking use it when he most needs it because he's clings to defense like a security blanket...he won't try and change the complexion of the game. He'll just sit there and choke rather than acknowledge the need for offense.

He's been coaching scared in big games all season, he's been coaching stupid in those games all season.

This isn't just me piling on because of a loss..I been saying this shit for a while.

Now fix it!

It's fucking stupid.

T Park
12-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Don't say Barry didn't get PT because of missing shots

That and playing like a bonehead.

But if you just give him MORE TIME!!!!!!!!

Don't give me this "when did that happen, LINK" shit, you were here on this board (well, the old one) and read it, as did everyone else. I guess selective memory is a requirement for Popsuckers.

Honestly dont remember this.

But I visit a few times a day, Im not a forum stalker.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
DEVIN should have been on the bench.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 10:53 PM

Excuses don't win you games, no matter who you make them for. Seriously, didn't it dawn to you at some point tonight that we needed to make some changes? I know what you're thinking, we haven't lost this game yet - there's still to come back, right? :lol

But I visit a few times a day, Im not a forum stalker.

T Park
Hands Off I'm Engaged

Position: Volatile Forward
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $145

http://spurstalk.com/forums/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=30&ltr=

You have the eighth most posts on this forum, try again.

Walton Buys Off Me
12-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Everyone shut up- Walton is here.

Aggie is totally right, this loss is completely and totally on Pop's shoulders. He coached this game like he had nobody sitting there on the bench. This team will not advance past the second round unless we can hit outside shots and it's high time our staff realizes that. Tim Duncan will continue to get double and triple teamed until guys like Brent Barry, Devin Brown, Robert Horry, Tony Parker etc. start hitting their shots. Gregg Popovich was in a giving mood tonight in Orlando because he coached the second half as if he wanted the opposition to win. Devin Brown had no fucking business being on the bench, let alone in the game yet Pop played him 10 of 12 minutes in the fourth.

Pop needs to work Brent Barry into the rotation or trade him. You've got probably twenty other GMs in the league salivating at the prospect of having Barry coming off their bench and we've got him riding pine. Some of that is deserved but tonight was just plain stubborn and dumb of Pop to let him and Horry sit there while Johnny Davis threw the zone at us every single fucking possession.

Don't even get me started with the seven foot pussy flap that is Rasho. His presence on this team makes less and less sense with every passing game. Pop should have him shot in the back of the head in a alley somewhere and left for dead. Rasho with a bullet hole in the back of his head would be more aggressive that the one we're seeing here.

What a horribly depressing performance from everyone not named Bowen or Duncan. If the Spurs bring this kind of effort tomorrow night against the Big Ticket, they'll get stomped like a narc at a biker rally.

Out.

T Park
12-22-2004, 11:39 PM
Don't even get me started with the seven foot pussy flap that is Rasho. His presence of this team makes less and less sense with every passing game. Pop should have him shot in the back of the head in a alley somewhere and left for dead. Rasho with a bullet hole in the back of his head would be more aggressive that the one we're seeing here.

While at first glance, I find this paragraph revolting, and not suprising.

I look at Rasho's numbers

11 rebounds
2 blocks.

Yup. Sucks.

Seriously Mr "Fuck the Management"

Lay off the Kill Rasho bs.

T Park
12-22-2004, 11:43 PM
What a horribly depressing performance from everyone not named Bowen or Duncan. If the Spurs bring this kind of effort tomorrow night against the Big Ticket, they'll get stomped like a narc at a biker rally.

Wich Im sure your hoping for

"turtleneck and blazer'

Seeing as your a big Timberwolves fan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 11:43 PM
BTW, I have no problems with Rasho tonight. He had 11 boards and a couple of blocks, which is what we want from him.

I thought Johnny Davis gave us a gift late in the third when he stopped running zone and went back to man to man, but Pop turned around and gave that charity right back to him with his dumbass substitutions the rest of the way.

I just want someone to explain to me why our zonebusters (Rob, Brent) sit on the damn bench while we go six minutes without a bucket against the zone.

People need to realize Devin, as much as I like him, has cooled off of late. He even hesitates more before shooting now, something I can only surmise is a result of Pop's handling of Barry to date. DBrown got 24 minutes tonight, went 2 for 9, while Brent and Horry combined for 7 minutes, one DNP-CD, and three FG attempts. That's beyond stupid, and you can't blame anyone on the court for that - you have to blame the coach.

Hook Dem
12-22-2004, 11:46 PM
The real reason for the loss tonight.........The entire team didn't play worth a crap!

Walton Buys Off Me
12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Is getting 11 rebounds really that impressive for a seven foot starting center? What about the 1/6 shooting night and the wicked 2 points in 28 minutes? What about the fact that your boy averages less points a game than our backup point guard? What about the FACT that Nesterovic's numbers are down from last year in points per game, field goal percentage, free throw percentage (he's a league worst 39% by the way), blocks and rebounds? What do you have to say about that? Let's hear another one of T Park's well researched counterpoints here. Please, Rasho is to intensity what you are to credibility. Basically you're a retard with 2 extra IQ points and I refuse to engage your sorry ass in any way.

If you invested more time in bringing a take instead of kiddie porn and pop tarts, then maybe, just maybe people would take you more seriously than the Iraqi Minister of Communications.

Yeah, Rasho is solid just like the Americans are nowhere near Baghdad right bitch?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Tpark wake up. Walton wants to see the Spurs succeed, as do I. The only way you can improve is to recognize your problems and deal with them. Right now our problems are zone offense and FT shooting, and unfortunately for everyone except the Laker clowns who post here (oh and tbong and SickDSM) it doesn't seem like those problems are being addressed.

Just more of the same "aw shucks" hyperbole from the coaches, and it's clear who this year's scapegoat is already set up to be. It's already setting up to be another year of TD's prime down the drain, because it's the same old problems plagueing this team, and I'd bet money that we will continue to see more and more zone as the season progresses.

I'd even go so far as to say that if you are playing us in a playoff series and can come up with 4-5 defensive gimmicks to employ, our coaching staff will be incapable of adjusting until the offseason.

Orlando is a scrub team and this is two games within a week where they have neutered our offense for a substantial stretch with nothing more than a 2-3 zone that 18-19 year olds can break with a little coaching in the college game, but is some how confusing and altogether dumbfounding to our million dollar coaching staff.

SequSpur
12-23-2004, 12:09 AM
The Spurs have money wrapped up in people who can't shoot. And one of the best shooters in the nba has been changed to a one dimensional pop player and has been demoted to cotton candy seller.

Pop is a fucking idiot. I have been saying this for years.

Rasho, Anthony Carter and Charlie Ward proved that long ago.

texbumTHElife
12-23-2004, 01:29 AM
I am a little confused..... arent we 20-6 in DECEMBER? We are behind two teams in the standing, neither of which are in our division. One has a loong storied history of good starts and second half collapses. The other is an up start with two new faces in crucial places. neither team plays any D.

Do any of you guys crying "the sky is falling" really believe there is a team in the NBA who can beat us in a 7 game series? That is all that matter. December doesnt mean anything. One loss means nothing. This team always starts slow and has agains this year. If this team can ratchet it up a notch in the second half same as they did last year this has the potential to be one of the best Spurs teams of all time.

Some of you guys need to lay off the egg nogg and relax for a bit.

texbumTHElife
12-23-2004, 01:32 AM
The real reason for the loss tonight.........The entire team didn't play worth a crap!

You sir hit the nail on the head. That is why Spurs losses are so magnified. Whenever we lose it take a total collapse by the entire team. Everything has to go south for this team to lose. I personaly dont invision everything going south for more than 3 games in a 7 game series.

T Park
12-23-2004, 01:38 AM
Alright Sequ,

Ill bite,

Who would YOU hire RIGHT NOW,

to replace Pop.

(waits for answer)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-23-2004, 01:48 AM
How's this: he has to answer that, but only after you answer why Horry didn't play (Sequ's question). And why we think the solution to a zone is 4down (mine).

Tek_XX
12-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Some of you guys need to calm down, it's one loss, no need to wet yourself. Lots of guys didn't show up tonight and yes maybe even the coaching staff, strategies sometimes don't work out. But talk of replacing pop(two fucking rings that didn't exist before) and killing Rasho(Walton that was "Weeaak" as your obvious hero Jim Rome would say) is way to premature. Relax, beating Minnesota tomorrow will make it all feel better.

smeagol
12-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Ubelievable, I agree with Walton's posts!

Tpark, Pop is not God, he makes mistakes. He is not playing this team the right way. He has not been doing it for two weeks now. As a coach, he has to find a way to work Barry into the rotation. Barry has to play 20 minutes per game, plain and simple.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-23-2004, 09:23 AM
20 and 6 or 13 and 13 record people what do you want, you need to wake up we can not win every fricking game regardless who we lose to. I will take the SPURS in any 7 game series. WAKE UP XMAS is around the corner.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

BigVee
12-23-2004, 10:32 AM
1. It is not about these games. We are looking down the road and we need to prepare now. We all know we could beat Orlando in a series, but..... 2. I was not that shocked about Barry not playing ( I am one on record that he won't average 10 minutes the rest of the season), but hasn't Horry been shooting the ball well lately? I really expected him in there to loosen up that zone. A couple of threes and they would have gotten out of it. 3. Brown is starting to show the hesitation that has infected Barry. I think we are headed for a mid-season slump. Tony hesitates, Manu hesitates, Barry obviously, and now Brown. Notice how relaxed Hedo looked. He missed and didn't even look over his shoulder. How nice for him.

Gummi
12-23-2004, 10:50 AM
How is this Pop's fault? It's not his fault that the players stunk it up on the line. I just hope he can motivate them for tonight's game. That game is more important then last nights. We have to beat these Wolves and show them that they're not the best in the west. The Wolves are playing badly right now and we need to take advantage of that.

smeagol
12-23-2004, 10:53 AM
So if the team wins the championship, Pop is a great coach and it was all due to Pop and his system.

C'mon! Its pretty obvious Pop has something to do with some of the losses.

I'm very happy witht the 20-6 record, but this team has to make some serious adjustments if the wannt to go all the way.

boutons
12-23-2004, 11:03 AM
"it's one loss"

bullshit. The Magic loss is 4th ugly Spurs game in a row, win or lose.

As badly as the Spurs played on offense with low ASTs (15 vs avg 22), horrendous shooting (39% vs avg 46%), and FTs (50% vs avg 71%), they lost on defense, allowing 30 pts in the second qtr to allow Magic to take the momentum and 6-pt lead/confidence into halftime, and, after tying the game after 3, the Spurs, yet again fatally, allowed 29 pts in the 4th qtr. (Magic got only 16 and 18 pts in 1st and 3rd qtrs)

Had the Spurs played "The Spurs Way" and held the Magic to opp avg 85 PPG, or at least stepped up the defense in the 4th qtr, the Spurs could have won closely 87 - 85, while totally barfing on offense. Instead, the Spurs defense allows the Magic 85+8 pts, and the Spurs lose by 6.

I really don't think playing Brent or Robert 10 minutes each would have helped that much, on either end.

pjjrfan
12-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Devin took some bad shots last night. He had a horrid run in the 3rd and he still came out in the 4th. The only one who can answer why Barry and Horry weren't put in when the Magic went to zone is Pop. The good thing about the reg. season is that it's just one game, tonight the Spurs get a chance to get back on the winning track. This team is a long way from being solid but even with all the breakdowns here and there, they are 20-6, hey I'll take that anytime.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Champ,

this isn't about a December loss, it's about the implications, the trends, and how they will play out down the road.

How is this Pop's fault

There's about two pages outlining it, don't have much else to say.

whottt
12-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Had the Spurs played "The Spurs Way" and held the Magic to opp avg 85 PPG, or at least stepped up the defense in the 4th qtr

Haven't you heard? Defense is always there, that's why offense isn't important.