PDA

View Full Version : Some of you can now join!

Wild Cobra
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Well, the military is making it easier for criminals to join the Armed Forces. Now maybe some of you will stop be so denigrating to the military.

Military may ease standards for recruits (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/military_waivers)

Actually, if you apply some knowledge and changing events to the story, it makes sense. Schools are now having kids arrested who have no criminal intent with these stupid zero tolerance policies. That, you can be sure is much of it. The military still doesn't allow any serious offenders in. You can bet on that.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
So they took one + off the 99++++ intelligence requirement?

clambake
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
you do understand that the military has already begun accepting some 3 strike offenders, for years now, and that some recruiters have been caught giving masking agents to drug abusing recruits to use before drug testing.

no offense, the only thing newsworthy about your thread is that these kids would be better off joining a security force for 10 times the money. are there no role models for these guys?

Wild Cobra
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
you do understand that the military has already begun accepting some 3 strike offenders, for years now, and that some recruiters have been caught giving masking agents to drug abusing recruits to use before drug testing.

no offense, the only thing newsworthy about your thread is that these kids would be better off joining a security force for 10 times the money. are there no role models for these guys?
I just thought I would shoot this article down before someone spun it as a bad thing.

I haven't seen anything about recruiters doing as you say, but statistically, there are bad apples in every barrel.

Can you source the Three Strikes offenders?

I really doubt there's any truth in that. At least to the degree the term is used. Do you mean like one count of public intoxication, one count of carrying a pocket knife to school, and one count resisting arrest? (while intoxicated) If that is the degree of the crime, then who really cares?

clambake
11-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I really doubt there's any truth in that. At least to the degree the term is used. Do you mean like one count of public intoxication, one count of carrying a pocket knife to school, and one count resisting arrest? (while intoxicated) If that is the degree of the crime, then who really cares?
who cares? apparently the victims, the judges, and the jurors. they decided to sentence them to prison. the smart thing would be to make them take point.

Wild Cobra
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
who cares? apparently the victims, the judges, and the jurors. they decided to sentence them to prison. the smart thing would be to make them take point.
Again, example please... i.e. source.

exstatic
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Felon-delphia (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6361281.stm)

clambake
11-06-2007, 08:05 PM
if you were interested in examples you would have googled already. its not difficult.

these aren't the kind of stories you'll hear about on fox. that would defeat their purpose.....arson, burglary, assaults of all kinds and I mean all kinds.....anyway, you want to put weapons in their hands and place them in foxholes with our kids that think they're in Iraq for a noble cause.

direct them towards security firms. after all, this is a conservative operation.

clambake
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
didn't mean to upstage you exstatic.

he's not interested in the truth when it damages he beliefs.

exstatic
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
:lol S'Okay, 'bake. Every once in a while, I forget that he's going to denigrate the source, anyway.

11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Curious, should a Fortune 500 company be looked down upon because it hired someone convicted of a DWI?

How about assault stemming from a bar fight?

A misdemeanor drug possession?

PixelPusher
11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Curious, should a Fortune 500 company be looked down upon because it hired someone convicted of a DWI?

How about assault stemming from a bar fight?

A misdemeanor drug possession?
Is anyone in your hypothetical Fortune 500 company, from mail room clerk to CEO, issued an M4 rifle and trained to use it and other heavy military equipment?

DarkReign
11-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Is anyone in your hypothetical Fortune 500 company, from mail room clerk to CEO, issued an M4 rifle and trained to use it and other heavy military equipment?

...under the American flag, so to speak?

Wild Cobra
11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Felon-delphia (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6361281.stm)
Laughable example. Title says Felon, but the meat of the story says misdemeanor. They titled it that way to get people to read it.

if you were interested in examples you would have googled already. its not difficult.

Then find me an example. There aren’t any I can find.

You made the accusation. Back it up please or retract the lie.

these aren't the kind of stories you'll hear about on fox. that would defeat their purpose.....arson, burglary, assaults of all kinds and I mean all kinds.....anyway, you want to put weapons in their hands and place them in foxholes with our kids that think they're in Iraq for a noble cause.

Maybe because Fox doesn’t lie about a story for impact?

clambake
11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
you can't find any because you don't want to. or your stupid

Wild Cobra
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
you can't find any because you don't want to. or your stupid
Will you stop talking into a mirror.