PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Drexler

Louie Vega
11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Unfotunately I am having to watch the Spurs vs Sprockets on NBA league pass and it is the Sprockets telecast. Just before the half Manu had drawn a foul on Wells in what looked like an obvious flop. Clyde "The Dumbshit" Drexler goes on to say that Ginobili "is the worst thing to ever happen to this game".

remingtonbo2001
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Are within a 500 mile radius of San Antonio? Tune it to 1200 AM and listen to Schoening.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
He was talking about flopping in general, not Manu in particular.

remingtonbo2001
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Stockton invented the flop. Manu just perfected it. Clyde wishes he could flop like Manu.

ducks
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.ktjk.com/

dougp
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Sorry, but I fuckin hate Drexler now ... I've met him a few times, and he seemed nice - but listening to these guys is making me fuckin hate them. I understand I'm in Houston, but this is ridiculous, and I'll say something to him next time I see him (probably at the movies.)

DOMINATOR
11-06-2007, 10:24 PM
i can't stand him either. at least you don't have to listen to him 41 games a year.

Spurminator
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
I find Clyde much less annoying than Bill Worrell...

DOMINATOR
11-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I find Clyde much less annoying than Bill Worrell...
bill worrell is better with Matt Bullard... he isn't as much of a homer.

smrattler
11-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't like anybody.

BeerIsGood!
11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
This is the 21st century for god's sake, can't we get a LP where we can designate a favorite team and get their home feed for every game? I had to change my system over to the classic rock station while watching the game because these guys were so bad. They were even worse than the Jailblazers' guys.

easjer
11-06-2007, 11:14 PM
This is the 21st century for god's sake, can't we get a LP where we can designate a favorite team and get their home feed for every game? I had to change my system over to the classic rock station while watching the game because these guys were so bad. They were even worse than the Jailblazers' guys.

They were the worst ever. Ugh, that was awful. But the jokes were good!

I'm not a Drexler fan (because of his UH coaching stint, his overpriced and underwhelming restaurant among other things), but this sealed the deal.

Rockets announcers = :donkey

dbreiden83080
11-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Most of the announcers are big TIME HOMERS. The Spurs are too but Sean for the most part is pretty down to earth, he will call it the Spurs way and then when he sees a replay correct himself when it is clear he made a mistake. Most of these guys do not do that ever. In a tightly officiated game they bitch and moan about all the calls that go against their team. The GS and SAC announcers are even worse than what we got in Houston tonight.

duncan228
11-06-2007, 11:42 PM
The call was horrible tonight.
There are a few I always know I'm not going to like before the game even tips.
Boston comes to mind but there are others.

Tonight was horrific.

SpursGO
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Ive never seen a forum bitch so much about a pair of announcers, hit the mute button or look at some live streaming on some random website.

easjer
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Sac wasn't really bad Friday.

Of course local commentators can be biased in favor of their team, but this was horrible. To hear them tell it, the Spurs sacrifice babies to the dark lords in exchange for dirty tricks and blinding officials to their blatant cheating.

It was digusting.

easjer
11-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Ive never seen a forum bitch so much about a pair of announcers, hit the mute button or look at some live streaming on some random website.

Yeah, you are definitely a Rockets fan. Those 2 announcers were among the worst I've ever heard.

duncan228
11-06-2007, 11:48 PM

You haven't been here long, have you?
We can bitch about everything.
And we do.
Sometimes for days on end. :lol

timvp
11-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm glad the Rockets have sucked for a while because there is nothing worse than Homer Rocket Fan. They have more knowledge than Mav Fan but are much more annoying.

Speaking of Houston homers, I heard an interview with Matt Bullard earlier in the season and they asked him what areas Scola needs to improve in. Bullard said Scola had no weakness and he was the most complete player he'd ever seen.

:shootme

slayermin
11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't know if Eddie Johnson still does the Suns games but he's pretty bad.

tmtcsc
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Speaking of Houston homers, I heard an interview with Matt Bullard earlier in the season and they asked him what areas Scola needs to improve in. Bullard said Scola had no weakness and he was the most complete player he'd ever seen.

:shootme

Huh ? I know for a fact that he can only walk about 20 or so steps on water and then he stops to balance himself. I call Bullshit on Bullard.

:worthy:

duncan228
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
and the Rockets administer the first of 4 defeats to the overrated spurs

I like the 4 defeats the "overrated" Spurs administered to the Cavs in June.
When it counts.

Cleveland Steamer
11-07-2007, 12:49 AM
and the Rockets administer the first of 4 defeats to the overrated spurs

PWN Town, USA

Population: Spurs Fans

duncan228
11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
BTW Ugly boring game...then again, no surprise here..

It's the Spurs

So you watched why?

BeerIsGood!
11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
To me a team's announcing crew should build up the talk about their team, but never degrate or speak negatively about the opposing team. That's what the Rockets' crew did tonight, they talk forever about the Spurs and flopping and the such. That is what is wrong, and if they had just talked up the Rockets and their successes/failures then it would have been ok.

Roxsfan
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
He was talking about flopping in general, not Manu in particular.

Thank you,

to the op, he was NOT talking about manu......the league allowing flopping was what he was talking about.

SpursGO
11-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah, you are definitely a Rockets fan. Those 2 announcers were among the worst I've ever heard.
:bang How am i a rockets fan?

TheAuthority
11-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Nobody is much worse than Sean Elliot and whoever that other no-name announcer he does the telecasts with.

byrontx
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
I have league pass I switch channels back and forth...

I can't watch a full Spurs game, usually I fall asleep by the second quarter

Must be a Cleveland thing....so does your team.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM

Yet you find yourself inevitably drawn back to the Spurs game you find so boring and here you are in a Spurs forum. Obsess much? I think you're just a bitter little man whose act is transparent and tired. We destroyed probably the only thing you have going for you in your sad pathetic little life. Deal with it, the Spurs crushed, no actually we embarrassed your cavs.

Dean Vernon Wormer: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

SpurYank
11-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Ahh! It's the NBA season all over again there in S.A. We only have to go through this 22 to 25 more times between now and April. I'm betting some of you even took the day off just to come in here and bitch.

Please save some of your hilarious and humorous gripes for other days. They are coming.

Indazone
11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
They need to get Drexler out of the announcers booth. Bring back Calvin Murphy!!

jackseven
11-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Elliott starts to bother me when he tries to overshadow what the Spurs are doing wrong with what they are doing right. I don't know if he's just keeping the company line or they try to keep things extra rosy on the telecast. Last night, he kept acting like the Rockets were just lucking into everything with the way the ball was bouncing. True there were lucky bounces, but the Rockets (Yao) were creating that. Yao was sucking all the perimeter players in to try and keep him under wraps and so no one was on the perimeter.

I usually like Elliott but last night the Spurs deserved some harsher criticism than Elliott gave out. He did give Yao credit though and deservedly so. He looks much stronger than in years past and he was being very aggressive against the Spurs and no one could match his strength and talent. Once the Spurs started triple teaming him, the Rockets put the hurt on.

pawe
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM

It's a case of the ex thing. You just always gotta have to know what the person who dumped you is doing right now. Then again, This stupidface wouldnt know the feeling coz no one will go out with a boy wearing diapers as underwear.

dbreiden83080
11-07-2007, 03:29 PM

Rather Watch all those Bron Bron commercials i guess right?? :p:

Those will take the sting out of the 4 game sweep. :depressed

nfg3
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM

Tough to stay awake and focus on the subject at hand when you don't know what's going on. Why don't you buy the CDs they keep advertising during the games- Better Basketball? Once you have watched all of them - pay close attention to the ones that touch on the fundamentals such as passing and defensive positioning - then maybe you will be able to understand what's happening. :spin :spin

mikejones99
11-07-2007, 05:27 PM
You can't stop the great wall, down low. Mike James, bitch. ok houston you know them won't be able to do that shit in the playoffs

11-07-2007, 10:23 PM
it to soon to think about the playoff :p: spurs fan.you are rushing to thing flunk spurs fan.we will take the game step by step.
i hope the spurs lose all their game. :p: :p:
all the fan from sa,need to worry how your team is doing latey.
see you in the att center soon.
spurs will lose the 2 game against rockets :p:
rockets will own the spurs.
GO ROCKETS GO WIN ROCKETS WIN :clap :clap :clap :clap
:p: :p: :p: :p:
:clap :clap :clap :clap go rockets kick the spurs booty. :clap :clap

Roxsfan
11-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Elliott starts to bother me when he tries to overshadow what the Spurs are doing wrong with what they are doing right. I don't know if he's just keeping the company line or they try to keep things extra rosy on the telecast. Last night, he kept acting like the Rockets were just lucking into everything with the way the ball was bouncing. True there were lucky bounces, but the Rockets (Yao) were creating that. Yao was sucking all the perimeter players in to try and keep him under wraps and so no one was on the perimeter.

I usually like Elliott but last night the Spurs deserved some harsher criticism than Elliott gave out. He did give Yao credit though and deservedly so. He looks much stronger than in years past and he was being very aggressive against the Spurs and no one could match his strength and talent. Once the Spurs started triple teaming him, the Rockets put the hurt on.

watch out, your're going to be called a rox fan :reading

good post.