PDA

View Full Version : Dirty play by Nash

TheNextGen
11-07-2007, 11:53 AM
swept under the rug for clearly an intentional trip.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/recaps/recap08_044_phxcha.asx

BobcatsDynasty
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
That's the only way the Suns could win that game - by playing dirty and taking Raymond Felton out. Felton was just trying to shoot some shots on the Suns and they had to pull dirty tactics like that. The NBA is really in a sad state.

Phoenix officially gets an asterisk on that win.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 12:04 PM

I guess Nash learned something from Bowen from last years playoffs. :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
That's the only way the Suns could win that game - by playing dirty and taking Raymond Felton out. Felton was just trying to shoot some shots on the Suns and they had to pull dirty tactics like that. The NBA is really in a sad state.

Phoenix officially gets an asterisk on that win.

:lol

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 12:14 PM
so now we can fully expect the Suns to never again complain about dirty players on other teams? right? they're caught red handed doing something dirty here.

and IMO this is pretty malicious, Nash turned his head and made damn sure he stuck his leg out there. Suns fans are quick to remind us of how great a soccer player Nash is, so it seems pretty obvious that he knew exactly what he was doing and purposely trying to injure another player.

Medvedenko
11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
That's an unnatural act in b-ball terms if I ever saw one....I smell a suspension...but nothing will happen as it wasn't Kobe who did it.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
That's an unnatural act in b-ball terms if I ever saw one....I smell a suspension...but nothing will happen as it wasn't Kobe who did it.
I agree. The NBA won't do anything to their darling. If this was Kobe or Bowen or Stackhouse, there would without doubt be a suspension coming.

Medvedenko
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Kobe would be out 5 games if he pulled that shit....he actually plays D though...so I can see Nash try this garbage after he gets burned.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
:lmao this is how ESPN reported the incident -

Felton then came down awkwardly on his left leg next to Nash

So despite video evidence of Nash turning his head and kicking his leg out.....it's Raymond Felton's fault for coming down onto it. :lmao

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
ESPN also reported that Nash "fell" before the kick and the video pretty clearly shows he kept his balance the entire time.

He knew exactly what he was doing. If there isn't a multiple game suspension for this, the NBA is total bullshit.

Taco
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
:lol @ THIS THREAD

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2007, 12:31 PM
it is reported from sunsfans that felton dive, but the casual fan has been askn why is nashs leg doing there? PUNKD

Armando
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
I guess Nash learned something from Bowen from last years playoffs. :)

:clap

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree. The NBA won't do anything to their darling. If this was Kobe or Bowen or Stackhouse, there would without doubt be a suspension coming.

You lost all crediablility (spelling?) when you included Bowen in there for a suspension. :lol

JamStone
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I think only black players can make "dirty" plays. White players make "crafty" plays.

Hail Stern!

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
it is reported from sunsfans that felton dive, but the casual fan has been askn why is nashs leg doing there? PUNKD

I don't mean to be rude, but are you foreign? I cannot understand what you are trying to type in some of your posts.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM
You lost all crediablility (spelling?) when you included Bowen in there for a suspension. :lol
There's a difference between putting your foot under someone (which may or may not be intentional) and looking down at the guy's legs and purposely kicking your foot out at their ankle. What Bowen does can definitely be considered dirty, but Nash made a malicious move.

Medvedenko
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Like I said...he deserves a suspension of at least 2 games. Let's see if the NBA is consistent.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
There's a difference between putting your foot under someone (which may or may not be intentional) and looking down at the guy's legs and purposely kicking your foot out at their ankle. What Bowen does can definitely be considered dirty, but Nash made a malicious move.

As I said in my first post, maybe Nash learned something from Bowen in the playoffs. It is not like I approve of it by anyone. Also, Bowen has had quite a few malicious moves as you put it, in his career. Actually if you look at the clip from the playoffs concerning Amare and Bowen, you will see Bowen looking down at Amares ankle and kicking at it. I don't approve of any dirty plays including Jason Terry's punch at Finely's balls. :)

JamStone
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM

Kicking someone in the back is a malicious move as well.

I think Nash made an intentionally dirty play there. And, I even like Bowen as a player. But, Bowen has done enough things in his career that you know that he does things intentionally as well. Maybe not with the intent to injure a player. But, I don't really think Nash was trying to injure Felton either. It was stupid and dangerous enough to injure Felton. But, I don't think Nash wanted for Felton to be seriously hurt. Bad judgment by Nash. Definitely warrants a suspension.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
As I said in my first post, maybe Nash learned something from Bowen in the playoffs. It is not like I approve of it by anyone. Also, Bowen has had quite a few malicious moves as you put it, in his career. Actually if you look at the clip from the playoffs concerning Amare and Bowen, you will see Bowen looking down at Amares ankle and kicking at it. I don't approve of any dirty plays including Jason Terry's punch at Finely's balls. :)
Terry got suspended for his actions. And Bowen didn't kick at Amare's ankle. I think his intent was more to step on his foot to make him miss the shot (either way it's dirty as hell but not a kick).

Maybe Nash didn't do it with the intent to injure Felton, but he made a very purposeful kick at his ankle and that's definitely worthy of a multiple game suspension.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Kicking someone in the back is a malicious move as well.

I think Nash made an intentionally dirty play there. And, I even like Bowen as a player. But, Bowen has done enough things in his career that you know that he does things intentionally as well. Maybe not with the intent to injure a player. But, I don't really think Nash was trying to injure Felton either. It was stupid and dangerous enough to injure Felton. But, I don't think Nash wanted for Felton to be seriously hurt. Bad judgment by Nash. Definitely warrants a suspension.

I wasn't talking about the kick in the back, that's obviously malicious. I said that I don't think his incident with Amare last year was malicious. I wrote "does" and should have written "did".

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Terry got suspended for his actions. And Bowen didn't kick at Amare's ankle. I think his intent was more to step on his foot to make him miss the shot (either way it's dirty as hell but not a kick).

Maybe Nash didn't do it with the intent to injure Felton, but he made a very purposeful kick at his ankle and that's definitely worthy of a multiple game suspension.

I don't know about mulitiple game suspensions, since Bowen never seems to get suspended for anything he has done. Like that one guy said, his kick in the back or the kick to the face of Wally (I think that was who Bowen jumped in the air and kicked at) where he wasn't suspended all warranted a suspension at the very least.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I wasn't talking about the kick in the back, that's obviously malicious. I said that I don't think his incident with Amare last year was malicious. I wrote "does" and should have written "did".

I disagree, I think Bowen does a lot of things on purpose and to me this is malicious. Look at Elton Brand with an achilles injury just from practicing. It is very dangerous to step or kick at someones foot or ankle when playing this game.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I think its funny how Bowen is brought into this when he wasn't even involved.

FWIW, I didn't think what Nash did looked all that bad, I feel bad for Felton getting hurt though.

MoSpur
11-07-2007, 01:18 PM
For anyone to say that the play from Nash wasn't dirty is wrong. He got burned and reacted foolishly. Too bad for the Bobcats though.

Fillmoe
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
He will not get suspended. His name is not Kobe Bryant or Ron Artest.

Xylus
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I only saw the play once and it looked like what Steve did was an unnatural act, but I wouldn't say he had the intent to injure... His man got past him, he stuck his leg out like a soccer player would, and tripped Raymond. There was nothing going through his mind telling him, "Man, I have to hurt this guy."

That said, Steve should probably get suspended one game.

Medvedenko
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
It's not only about the intent to harm, it's the control of your body parts....see Kobe's flailing arms.....no one really wants to hurt the other person.....2 games.

Findog
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Don't expect those pale Nash knobgobblers (Stein, Chris Sheridan, Chad Ford) to say anything either.

Black guys using dirty tactics = cornrowed tatted-out thugs bringing down the game.

Great White Hype using dirty tactics = crafty vet digging into his bag of tricks to help his team win.

Shaq should've won MVP in 2005, since the Lakers got two good players for him and went from the Finals to missing the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Mavs lost Nash, replaced him with a mediocre big and won 6 more games.

It should've been Kobe in 2006 for getting a D-League team into the playoffs, but the writers were so enamored with the Suns getting 54 wins without Duh'mare. I really like Nash personally, but I'm really irritated by how overrated and overhyped he is.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Don't expect those pale Nash knobgobblers (Stein, Chris Sheridan, Chad Ford) to say anything either.

Black guys using dirty tactics = cornrowed tatted-out thugs bringing down the game.

Great White Hype using dirty tactics = crafty vet digging into his bag of tricks to help his team win.

So its all about race? I would disagree, although I would classify Nash as a media favorite but not because he is white.

There are also those who say Bowen is a crafty vet and he is not white. Then again there are those who say he is dirty but he doesn't have cornrows...he doesn't even have hair.

Great. Now I am confused again! :bang

:)

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
although the use of "knobgobblers" was pretty funny. :tu

Findog
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
So its all about race? I would disagree, although I would classify Nash as a media favorite but not because he is white.

I think it is unconsciously about race to a large degree. Not 100 percent, but you have these fat white guys who never played, and on a subconscious level they have to identify more with a guy who came from an upper-middle class background, has interests beyond basketball, and can hold his own in a very black world. And they have an equally hard time identifying or being able to empathize with guys who came from disadvantaged backgrounds, have tats or ethnic hairstyles, and have a much different life experience than they did (stars dating back to their junior-high days because of athletic skill), whereas a guy like Nash was very much a late bloomer when it came to basketball and barely got a D-1 scholarship.

Medvedenko
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, Kobe should have won it in 06 and history will show that being one of the best reg season's by a player in a long time. 2 games suspension....let's wait and see....

Cry Havoc
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM

There are also those who say Bowen is a crafty vet and he is not white. Then again there are those who say he is dirty but he doesn't have cornrows...he doesn't even have hair.

Great. Now I am confused again! :bang

It's a mixed bag, and I think a lot has to do with the reputation of a player. Need I remind anyone over 25 years old the dirtiest player in NBA history was white, and well documented?

And no, I'm not talking about Stockton, though that offers a nice parallel. What Stockton did on the court was cheap and dirty, but there is a difference between pulling on their shorts or holding them from moving around a screen, and tripping someone/swinging elbows erratically with the intent to initiate hard contact.

Both Stockton and Malone were maligned as dirty players, despite the racial difference. Yet Malone got arguably the worse rep, due to the fact that his actions were extremely physical and noticeable. Not that Stockton never did anything of the sort, but I think it's oversimplifying to say this is all about race.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I think it is unconsciously about race to a large degree. Not 100 percent, but you have these fat white guys who never played, and on a subconscious level they have to identify more with a guy who came from an upper-middle class background, has interests beyond basketball, and can hold his own in a very black world. And they have an equally hard time identifying or being able to empathize with guys who came from disadvantaged backgrounds, have tats or ethnic hairstyles, and have a much different life experience than they did (stars dating back to their junior-high days because of athletic skill), whereas a guy like Nash was very much a late bloomer when it came to basketball and barely got a D-1 scholarship

Then I guess I am a racist too. I am one of those "fat white guys who never played" at least not basketball, and I have written articles about bad athlete behavior. I never played high school, college or pro basketball and I never have pretended I know what a player at those levels goes through but as someone who knows the history of the sport as well as the NCAA and NBA and knows the fundamentals of the game I feel pretty qualified to call out a guy who flips off a fan, throws a punch or gets women all over the league pregnant and ignores those kids. I know that tattoos, cornrows and bling doesn't make someone a thug...their actions do. I was a suburban white kid but surprising as it seems we didn't have money or things handed to us as kids. I can empathize about being disadvantaged financially and I doubt I am the only one. I guess I am racist because I don't believe that bad actions should be excused because of race.

Findog
11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Then I guess I am a racist too. I am one of those "fat white guys who never played" at least not basketball, and I have written articles about bad athlete behavior. I never played high school, college or pro basketball and I never have pretended I know what a player at those levels goes through but as someone who knows the history of the sport as well as the NCAA and NBA and knows the fundamentals of the game I feel pretty qualified to call out a guy who flips off a fan, throws a punch or gets women all over the league pregnant and ignores those kids. I know that tattoos, cornrows and bling doesn't make someone a thug...their actions do. I was a suburban white kid but surprising as it seems we didn't have money or things handed to us as kids. I can empathize about being disadvantaged financially and I doubt I am the only one. I guess I am racist because I don't believe that bad actions should be excused because of race.

I didn't call those guys racists and I'm not calling you racist. I just think people are influenced to some degree by what is familiar or unfamiliar to them. I think a lot of white people are very easily able to associate tats, cornrows and bling with thuggery, and have an equally hard time calling out bad behavior when it comes in a familiar white package. Stereotypes are useful only to a very limited degree.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
was what Nash did worse than what Josh Howard did to Brad Miller?

and don't say "apples and oranges" because it isn't.

Which is worse, going after an opposing player in defense of a teammate or knowingly throwing a kick right into someone's ankle while he's in midair?

2 games for Nash. anything less is bullshit.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
oh snap! little Nash just fucked every Suns fan over! Now I'd like to see a Suns fan try and call the Spurs dirty with a straight face after what Nash just did :lol This is awesome!

Phenomanul
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Nash knew what he did the moment he did it... He raised his hand up right after the play.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I didn't call those guys racists and I'm not calling you racist. I just think people are influenced to some degree by what is familiar or unfamiliar to them. I think a lot of white people are very easily able to associate tats, cornrows and bling with thuggery, and have an equally hard time calling out bad behavior when it comes in a familiar white package. Stereotypes are useful only to a very limited degree.

Isn't basing a decision about someone based on their race, being racist?

If I see a black guy in Fubu gear, with his hat on sideways and tons of jewelry on the news because he is being arrested and I say "typical black guy"...that would be very racist and wrong. But if they say "he was caught beating his girlfriend and stealing her car" and I say "typical thug" that has nothing to do with him being black, it has to do with him being a dumbass. Race never enters into the picture.

I am not saying it doesn't exist, because sadly even in 2007, racism exists. My point is that someone of one race can form an opinion of someone of another without race being involved.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
oh snap! little Nash just fucked every Suns fan over! Now I'd like to see a Suns fan try and call the Spurs dirty with a straight face after what Nash just did :lol This is awesome!

Like I said in my first post on this subject, he learned from a pro these past playoffs! I don't approve, but I guess he probably thought he would try out some of the tactics that Bowen uses. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Like I said in my first post on this subject, he learned from a pro these past playoffs! I don't approve, but I guess he probably thought he would try out some of the tactics that Bowen uses. :)oh give me a fucking break! You and I both know that bullshit isn't going to fly! What your boy just did was fucked up, and your sorry ass attempt to lay the blame on Bowen is pathetically transparent. Face it, your precious Suns are dirty too now, you're out of excuses sunshine

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:37 PM

Shaq should've won MVP in 2005, since the Lakers got two good players for him and went from the Finals to missing the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Mavs lost Nash, replaced him with a mediocre big and won 6 more games.

It should've been Kobe in 2006 for getting a D-League team into the playoffs, but the writers were so enamored with the Suns getting 54 wins without Duh'mare. I really like Nash personally, but I'm really irritated by how overrated and overhyped he is.

Hey Findog, why so much hate for Nash and the Suns of late? You seem to be going over the top on the subject.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:40 PM
oh give me a fucking break! You and I both know that bullshit isn't going to fly! What your boy just did was fucked up, and your sorry ass attempt to lay the blame on Bowen is pathetically transparent. Face it, your precious Suns are dirty too now, you're out of excuses sunshine

I never had any excuses "Sunshine". :) You cannot deny that what Nash did is any worse or as bad as what Bowen does all the time. Guess Nash got tired of receiving and decided to start giving. Not approved by me at all though, "Sunshine". :lol

Findog
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey Findog, why so much hate for Nash and the Suns of late? You seem to be going over the top on the subject.

I really like Nash as a person, but my hate is for the Suns trolls here, and the breathless hype bestowed on them by writers who haven't written an original thing in 3 years. Yes, they play an exciting brand of uptempo basketball, but the narrative really hasn't changed all that much since the fall of 2004. Let's move on please.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I really like Nash as a person, but my hate is for the Suns trolls here, and the breathless hype bestowed on them by writers who haven't written an original thing in 3 years. Yes, they play an exciting brand of uptempo basketball, but the narrative really hasn't changed all that much since the fall of 2004. Let's move on please.

If you want to move on then quit responding to the trolls. :) I know the hype that the media bestows the Suns is over the top quite often. I don't really like it because then our team starts to believe it and does not always bring it every night.

Findog
11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Isn't basing a decision about someone based on their race, being racist?

No, I think it's being prejudiced, and that's not necessarily malignant. I took a road trip to California a few years ago, and my friends and I pulled into a Bank of America ATM at 2 in the morning in Oakland. We didn't have money for the toll to cross the bridge. A low-rider car pulled in behind us, black guys wearing FUBU and blasting hip-hop. Was it prejudiced for us to decide to stay in the car and keep on driving? Yes, but under the circumstances, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I agree people can make judgments independent of race, but when it comes to perceptions of Steve Nash, my gut instincts tell me this isn't what is happening.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I never had any excuses "Sunshine". :) You cannot deny that what Nash did is any worse or as bad as what Bowen does all the time. Guess Nash got tired of receiving and decided to start giving. Not approved by me at all though, "Sunshine". :lolI'm not denying shit, but I'm not the one who's been throwing temper tantrums all over the web calling for asteriks and shit, and making accusations of dirty play. If I recall, those were Suns fans... yes, I remember now.

I just find it hilarious that your only excuse for having lost last season just evaporated. Your little Suns don't seem to have a problem playing dirty now do they? and not only that, but your MAIN STAR!

Point is, from now on, when we bitch slap your sorry ass come playoff time, you won't be able to pull out the dirty card anymore. That just made my season :lol

K-State Spur
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM

just as likely, he picked it up from his teammate Mr. Bell. it was hysterical last year watching fans/players of a team that have Raja have the audacity to call another team/player dirty.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I agree that Nash gets favorable coverage, I just don't think its necessarily because of race.

I guess this is where I differ from most then, if it was me at 2am at an ATM, I would have been a little nervous but not because those guys were black, I would be suspicious of anyone behind me at 2a at an ATM.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
just as likely, he picked it up from his teammate Mr. Bell. it was hysterical last year watching fans/players of a team that have Raja have the audacity to call another team/player dirty.Forget Bell, now Nash Vader is on the map :lol

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not denying shit, but I'm not the one who's been throwing temper tantrums all over the web calling for asteriks and shit, and making accusations of dirty play. If I recall, those were Suns fans... yes, I remember now.

I just find it hilarious that your only excuse for having lost last season just evaporated. Your little Suns don't seem to have a problem playing dirty now do they? and not only that, but your MAIN STAR!

Point is, from now on, when we bitch slap your sorry ass come playoff time, you won't be able to pull out the dirty card anymore. That just made my season :lol

I think you have me confused with some Suns trolls that had lame excuses for why we lost to the Spurs last year. :) Glad that made your season. :lol

Findog
I agree that Nash gets favorable coverage, I just don't think its necessarily because of race.

I guess this is where I differ from most then, if it was me at 2am at an ATM, I would have been a little nervous but not because those guys were black, I would be suspicious of anyone behind me at 2a at an ATM.

I would be suspicious of anybody as well, but I have to admit, someone that looks like me and dresses like me would've resulted in less suspicion than black guys wearing FUBU. Of course, the prudent thing to do is to treat EVERYBODY with equal suspicion in that scenario. Appearances are often deceiving.

MaNuMaNiAc
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop :lmao :lmao :lmao @ the "oh, oh, but he picked it up from Bowen" bullshit.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I would be suspicious of anybody as well, but I have to admit, someone that looks like me and dresses like me would've resulted in less suspicion than black guys wearing FUBU. Of course, the prudent thing to do is to treat EVERYBODY with equal suspicion in that scenario. Appearances are often deceiving.

Very much so.

When I was a pizza delivery guy wayyyy back in the day....the shittiest neighborhoods and houses gave me the best tips.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:56 PM
just as likely, he picked it up from his teammate Mr. Bell. it was hysterical last year watching fans/players of a team that have Raja have the audacity to call another team/player dirty.

Oh, I doubt that he picked it up from Bell because Bell isn't quite in the same league that Bowen is on plays like that. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I think you have me confused with some Suns trolls that had lame excuses for why we lost to the Spurs last year. :) Glad that made your season. :lolok fine, but we agree you can't say shit about Bowen being dirty anymore right? because now, Nash is just as bad

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh, I doubt that he picked it up from Bell because Bell isn't quite in the same league that Bowen is on plays like that.

True but Bowen can still aspire to Bell's league.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I just can't stop :lmao :lmao :lmao @ the "oh, oh, but he picked it up from Bowen" bullshit.

Glad your enjoying yourself today! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Glad your enjoying yourself today! :lolyeah, its been a good day

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
ok fine, but we agree you can't say shit about Bowen being dirty anymore right? because now, Nash is just as bad

I don't think Nash is quite in the same league as Bowen, but if he gets to that level I will agree. :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
True but Bowen can still aspire to Bell's league.

I think Bowen is way past Bell in that area. :lol

DarkReign
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
That was weak. It wasnt excessively dirty or anything. He clearly, clearly intentionally tripped him. But lets put that in perspective. He tripped him.

He didnt undercut him going to the basket, he didnt push him in the back as he went up for a shot...he stuck his foot between his legs as he was driving to the net.

Worst thing that happens in that situation 99% of the time, guy goes down and skins his knee real hard on the dry floor. Worst case scenario, what happened in this case.

I think its a weak argument. Back in the day, saplings didnt roam in the forest because they'd get smacked down driving DWade style. Nash gets beat, and what would be called a "good penalty" in hockey, takes his man down from the open scoring chance.

Whatever. Until Nash Kung-Fu's someone in the face at the 3 point line, its all team bias for 3 pages.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I said it wasn't that bad....which team am I being biased about again?

DarkReign
11-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I said it wasn't that bad....which team am I being biased about again?

Not you particularly. Is that play even suspendable? No way, IMO.

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 03:19 PM
If anything this play reminds me of its when Bowen got Amare in the achilles.

Neither deserved a suspension and neither got one.

However, this is a pretty uncommon play for Nash.....it was an obvious accident.

These "accidents" keep happening to Bruce Bowen.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
so purposely kicking a guy in mid-air right in his ankle is a good foul. great.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I definitely think it was intentional and dirty... suspension worthy?... I don't know, but definitely dirty

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM

What play are you looking at? Felton wasn't in mid air. Nash got him with his heel and was looking at his face when their feet met. Nash swung around to follow Felton but Felton stopped cuz Marion was there with help.

It was obviously accident. I think Spurs fans are just sick of the reminders of how dirty their team is. :lol

ambchang
11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Mommy, he did it first!

DarkReign
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM

That was not "mid-air", so what you say is already suspect. But I would agree, if this happened in "mid-air" then it would be suspendable.

But since both feet were on the ground, the "mid-air" thing is mute.

And there wasnt a "kick". He stuck his foot between another's two moving legs. Remember junior high? Walk up behind your friend as he is walking, and kick his back foot into his planted foot? Tripity-trip-trip.

Thats what this was. Dude got injured. Freak thing really. 2 shot foul, no suspension.

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
That was not "mid-air", so what you say is already suspect. But I would agree, if this happened in "mid-air" then it would be suspendable.

Agreed. Texas bias against the Suns is laughable.....

Its just jealousy.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Like I said in my first post on this subject, he learned from a pro these past playoffs! I don't approve, but I guess he probably thought he would try out some of the tactics that Bowen uses. :)
Who was injured by Bowen in during the playoffs?

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

And there wasnt a "kick". He stuck his foot between another's two moving legs. Remember junior high? Walk up behind your friend as he is walking, and kick his back foot into his planted foot? Tripity-trip-trip.

Thats what this was. Dude got injured. Freak thing really. 2 shot foul, no suspension.
did you even watch the fucking video? Felton was elevating for a jumper, and Nash didn't get his foot between anything, he swung his leg across the front of Felton's leg and his foot caught him right in the ankle.

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
did you even watch the fucking video? Felton was elevating for a jumper, and Nash didn't get his foot between anything, he swung his leg across the front of both of Felton's leg and his foot caught him right in the ankle.

His foot was on the ground when Nash's heel hit his you fucking idiot.

Making contact with a guy when his feet are still on the ground isn't the same as hitting a guy mid air.

Douche.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 03:53 PM
His foot was on the ground when Nash's heel hit his you fucking idiot.

Making contact with a guy when his feet are still on the ground isn't the same as hitting a guy mid air.

Douche.
He was elevating for the shot.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
total bitch move by Nash and completely deserving of a suspension. if this was anybody else a suspension would be a sure thing.

Findog
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
total bitch move by Nash and completely deserving of a suspension. if this was anybody else a suspension would be a sure thing.

But Nash reads Kierkegaard and donates money to charity. He doesn't deserve to be suspended for being such a worldly, well-rounded person.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Looking at that video I think Suns fans should be thankful that Nash didn't get hurt, too. Getting legs tangled up like that is a good way to fuck up a knee.

I don't think Nash deserves a suspension, but maybe a fine. Whether it was dirty or a stupid move that resulted in an injury the league should step up and say something. Maybe I just don't watch enough basketball but it's been a while since I've seen that blatant of a trip, and it has no place on any court.

hater
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
GODDAM what a bitch NASH is

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Its just jealousy

Riiiight...which explains my post about what happened being no big deal.

Troll.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Mommy, he did it first!

:wtf You make no sense.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I think he is alluding to your first post referencing Bowen.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Who was injured by Bowen in during the playoffs?

Well, for one did you happen to see Nash get hit in the balls? For guy's that is a very sensitive area. He tried to hurt Amare and Nash's body was bruised on each arm and leg. (they showed it during one of the games) He was trying to injure a player and has for quite some time now in games against other teams. That is not why we lost to you though. :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:36 PM

You sure get your panties in a bunch easily don't you? :lol You actually said you were going to cut your testicles off if Dallas lost to Golden State. :dizzy Give it a rest would you? :lol

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, for one did you happen to see Nash get hit in the balls? For guy's that is a very sensitive area. He tried to hurt Amare and Nash's body was bruised on each arm and leg. (they showed it during one of the games) He was trying to injure a player and has for quite some time now in games against other teams. That is not why we lost to you though.

I would disagree. You are intimating that Bowen's actions are pre-meditated. I seriously doubt that the sits in the locker room and thinks to himself "hmm...I think I will try and hurt Amare tonight". I will agree that Bowen gets away with a lot and am surprised he has not been suspended at least once. Just like I don't believe Nash was trying to hurt Felton. No one on this message board knows what Bowen or any other players thought process is. Theories abound and some of them may actually be correct. I do think Bowen does things to try and get into players heads and off of there games, I do not believe however he has the intent to injure.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I think he is alluding to your first post referencing Bowen.

Oh, okay gotcha. It is true though that it is kind of funny having a Spurs fan start this thread when you have Bowen on your team. :lol

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
So Spurs fans aren't allowed to start threads about Suns players? He didn't say Bowen wasn't guilty of such things, just that now Steve Nash may be.

I don't think you brought up Bowen to be a jerk (the first time) given the smiley face in your post. But bringing him up in reference to a play is a little odd.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I would disagree. You are intimating that Bowen's actions are pre-meditated. I seriously doubt that the sits in the locker room and thinks to himself "hmm...I think I will try and hurt Amare tonight". I will agree that Bowen gets away with a lot and am surprised he has not been suspended at least once. Just like I don't believe Nash was trying to hurt Felton. No one on this message board knows what Bowen or any other players thought process is. Theories abound and some of them may actually be correct. I do think Bowen does things to try and get into players heads and off of there games, I do not believe however he has the intent to injure.

I would have to disagree about Bowens intent. What do you call that jumping in the air kick to Wally's face, or when he sticks his foot under opposing players and they come up with ankle sprains? I think he knows what he is doing and doesn't worry one bit about it. :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
As far as Bowen goes, I think that Mikey's right on this one. If nothing else I'll bet that Bowen doesn't want to cause injuries because that's exactly how you get put under a microscope. Whiny, frustrated scorers don't cost the league money. Whiny, injured scorers can cost the league money. The closest Bowen actually ever came to receiving discipline from the league was when Steve Francis (worth considerably less to the league than Nash) was hurt landing on Bowen's foot.

Reggie Miller
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
When Bowen knocks someone down with a forearm strike to the throat, then we'll start comparing Bowen to Bell.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:49 PM
So Spurs fans aren't allowed to start threads about Suns players? He didn't say Bowen wasn't guilty of such things, just that now Steve Nash may be.

I don't think you brought up Bowen to be a jerk (the first time) given the smiley face in your post. But bringing him up in reference to a play is a little odd.

I just find it odd that he said something about it being swept under the rug when Bowen gets away with a lot worse and isn't punished for his actions. Also, in that game last night Felton was pushing Nash around a bit and the refs weren't calling fouls for it, maybe Nash had enough of it. Especially after last years playoffs against the Spurs, he might be learning to fight back. Who knows? I don't aprove of this type of reaction or action but maybe he has had enough and figures he has to get tough. Your guess is as good as mine. :)

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I would have to disagree about Bowens intent. What do you call that jumping in the air kick to Wally's face, or when he sticks his foot under opposing players and they come up with ankle sprains? I think he knows what he is doing and doesn't worry one bit about it.

He jumped because he was horibbly faked out and went airborne...bringing up the foot, however, was uncalled for. I have landed on peoples feet before and sprained my ankles, and people have landed on mine as well. Neither was malicious.

The key word there is think. You think Bowen is pre-meditated in his actions and his intent is to injure...I think that is not the case. Neither of us actually know. One of us is probably right. Given his off the court reputation, I have a hard time believing he wants to hurt people. I may be wrong, who knows.

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I just find it odd that he said something about it being swept under the rug when Bowen gets away with a lot worse and isn't punished for his actions.

Do you believe the lack of punishment is intentional?

mardigan
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Suns fans still find a way to blame Bowen. :lol

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Do you believe the lack of punishment is intentional?

I just think the refs are use to him playing this way and don't punish him. Why, I don't know, because he barely gets any fouls called on him either. He has a reputation as a hard nosed defender and they look the other way. Whichever team is the aggressor in games usually gets away with the most it seems.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Suns fans still find a way to blame Bowen. :lol

Not blaming, just pointing out that Nash may have learned something from last years playoff series against the Spurs. :lol Most specifically, Bowen, since he guarded Nash. Nash will never ever come close to being the defender that Bowen is but maybe he is learning some of Bowens tricks. :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
But Nash reads Kierkegaard and donates money to charity. He doesn't deserve to be suspended for being such a worldly, well-rounded person.

Funny Findog. Give the hate towards Nash and the Suns a rest would you?

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Wrong again. Bowen doesn't get suspended for some of his antics and also in last years playoffs, I believe it was Baron Davis who threw a forearm at Fisher and was not punished for it at all. Much worse offense going for someones head. The Nba is not consistent with their handing out of punishments for such actions, so I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting for them to be consistent with punishments. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Goodbye moral high-ground.

mardigan
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Not blaming, just pointing out that Nash may have learned something from last years playoff series against the Spurs. :lol Most specifically, Bowen, since he guarded Nash. Nash will never ever come close to being the defender that Bowen is but maybe he is learning some of Bowens tricks. :)
Maybe Amare should have taken lessons from Horry, then maybe he wouldnt play like such a pussy

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM

Its just jealousy.:lmao yeah, we're jealous of your success bro! :lol

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Maybe Amare should have taken lessons from Horry, then maybe he wouldnt play like such a pussy

No, I would actually not like our players to play like Horry or Bowen, if the truth be told. :)

samikeyp
11-07-2007, 05:17 PM
You wouldn't want someone with Horry's clutch shooting or Bowen's defense?

mardigan
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
No, I would actually not like our players to play like Horry or Bowen, if the truth be told. :)
And that is why Suns players wont have jewelry on their fingers.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 05:28 PM
And that is why Suns players wont have jewelry on their fingers.
Yeah but Suns fan isn't interested in rings, they're interested in ratings and likeability.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:31 PM
:wtf You make no sense.
Wow, I guess I really have to draw a diagram.
Spursfan: Look at a dirty play by Nash!
You: Even though this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject, Bowen did it first.
.... can I dumb it down even further?

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:31 PM
You wouldn't want someone with Horry's clutch shooting or Bowen's defense?

I actually think Nash is a clutch shooter and Raja is a very good defender. What I meant is that I wouldn't want them to use the same tactics as Horry and Bowen do on defense where they (specifically Bowen) stick feet under others feet, or kick people in the face etc. or as Horry forearmed Nash into the scorers table. All Horry had to do to stop the game was give Nash a touch foul and they would have called it.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Well, for one did you happen to see Nash get hit in the balls? For guy's that is a very sensitive area. He tried to hurt Amare and Nash's body was bruised on each arm and leg. (they showed it during one of the games) He was trying to injure a player and has for quite some time now in games against other teams. That is not why we lost to you though. :)
Was Nash hurt by jumping right into Bowen's space? For all I care, that was a Nash foul, but no, Bowen was called for it.
Up to this point, I just can't figure out how Suns fan can somehow get into Bowen's thoughts and KNOW that he tried to hurt Amare. You can argue that he tried to disrupt his shot with a dirty play, but why would you know he tried to hurt Amare? Why would you know Bowen tried to hurt other people? Bowen, during his 10 year career, hurt two opposing player (Francis and Carter), with one coming straight out and saying that he doesn't think Bowen tried to hurt him (Francis), while the other coming in and claimed Bowen did (Carter). If Bowen intentionally tried to hurt opposing players, he is really doing a poor job. I mean, 800+ games, and he only hurt two guys?

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh, okay gotcha. It is true though that it is kind of funny having a Spurs fan start this thread when you have Bowen on your team. :lol
About as funny as all the post started by Suns fan stating how dirty Bowen is with Bell on the Suns :lol

mikejones99
Nash is a good actor or Robert Horry has the strongest hips in human history.

Nashfan
Wow, I guess I really have to draw a diagram.
Spursfan: Look at a dirty play by Nash!
You: Even though this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject, Bowen did it first.
.... can I dumb it down even further?

It was meant as a little ribbing at the poster. I actually think maybe Nash is tired of getting pushed around and decided to fight fire with fire. Who knows? :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
About as funny as all the post started by Suns fan stating how dirty Bowen is with Bell on the Suns :lol

Bell doesn't even come close to using some of the tactics Bowen uses to play defense, so don't even go there. :nope

Findog
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Bell doesn't even come close to using some of the tactics Bowen uses to play defense, so don't even go there. :nope

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/523544651_8ce9fbe456.jpg

Bell and Bowen are the exact same player.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
I would have to disagree about Bowens intent. What do you call that jumping in the air kick to Wally's face, or when he sticks his foot under opposing players and they come up with ankle sprains? I think he knows what he is doing and doesn't worry one bit about it. :)
Did you study physics in high school? I did OK with it when I was there, and one thing I learned was that no matter how good an athlete you are, you can't stay in the air for more than a split second. Common sense also tells me that it is impossible for a person to aim for a landing spot, plant his foot on the predetermined spot, and wait for the opposing player to land on his foot to injure opposing players intentionally.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA
Check the video, Bowen wasn't even LOOKING at the spot.

mardigan
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Come on, you know he's just going to say he learned it from Bowen, Suns player can do no wrong.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Except Bowen doesn't let Kobe drop 50 on him regularly.

Reggie Miller
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I actually think Nash is a clutch shooter and Raja is a very good defender. What I meant is that I wouldn't want them to use the same tactics as Horry and Bowen do on defense where they (specifically Bowen) stick feet under others feet, or kick people in the face etc. or as Horry forearmed Nash into the scorers table. All Horry had to do to stop the game was give Nash a touch foul and they would have called it.

SELECTIVE MEMORY.

Why wasn't the "touch foul" called in the back court then? The Spurs tried to "touch foul" Nash quite deliberately two times before Horry hip-checked him.

I think you are confusing this with Bell's vicious forearm to Bryant. Horry never used his forearm.

EDIT: Also, it's Bruce Bowen, not Bruce Lee. Anyone that thinks that Bowen has the coordination to change directions in mid-air or deliberately target an achilles tendon is delusional.

Nashfan

In that one instance, yes, but not on a consistent basis. Raja was tired of Kobe elbowing him in the face, not the way to handle it but the refs were ignoring it, so he did that stupid flagrant foul. Nothing that I would condone. Show some of the pictures of Bowen when he has done stupid things to opposing players to be fair.

ambchang
You are right, Bell actually tries to injure other players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dMHSahLiLg8

Too bad he is not very good at it, Kobe could still walk afterwards.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Kobe was hardly fazed by it. That tells me Raja's a big pussy. He deliberately tries to hurt him and doesn't get any reaction at all.

yourcheatinheart
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM

fuck bruce bowen! http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/bowen.gif :toast

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I just find it odd that he said something about it being swept under the rug when Bowen gets away with a lot worse and isn't punished for his actions. Also, in that game last night Felton was pushing Nash around a bit and the refs weren't calling fouls for it, maybe Nash had enough of it. Especially after last years playoffs against the Spurs, he might be learning to fight back. Who knows? I don't aprove of this type of reaction or action but maybe he has had enough and figures he has to get tough. Your guess is as good as mine. :)

Yeah, Felton was playing rough, Nash was just retaliating. Damn Felton, he deserved it, show you what would happen when you try to mess with Nash.
NASH FOREVER, ANYBODY WHO TRIED TO ROUGH HIM UP, YOU WILL HAVE YOUR ANKLES SPRAINED.
But I don't approve of it.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I just think the refs are use to him playing this way and don't punish him. Why, I don't know, because he barely gets any fouls called on him either. He has a reputation as a hard nosed defender and they look the other way. Whichever team is the aggressor in games usually gets away with the most it seems.
Your arguments certainly makes sense.
Bowen, a hated, unheralded player is being protected by the league over high-scoring, revenue generating scorers. It's true I tell you, just that I don't know why and there is no logical ways of explaining it.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe Horry was being roughed up by Nash all game long and the refs were not calling it, Horry should have broke Nash's ankle like what Nash did to Felton because that is a reasonable excuse.

Findog
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
fuck bruce bowen! http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/bowen.gif :toast

Guess you must have missed the part where I said they were the same player.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-07-2007, 05:59 PM
HAHAHAHAH just saw the vid.

That is such BULSHIT!!!!
Nash is the DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE!!!!
hahahahahahaha

Phoenix sucks ass.
losers

ambchang
In that one instance, yes, but not on a consistent basis. Raja was tired of Kobe elbowing him in the face, not the way to handle it but the refs were ignoring it, so he did that stupid flagrant foul. Nothing that I would condone. Show some of the pictures of Bowen when he has done stupid things to opposing players to be fair.

Horry was tired of the whole Sun's team acting like wusses and throwing cheapshots at him the whole series, but the media was ignoring it, so he did that stupid flagrant foul. Nothing that I would condone.

Nashfan
SELECTIVE MEMORY.

Why wasn't the "touch foul" called in the back court then? The Spurs tried to "touch foul" Nash quite deliberately two times before Horry hip-checked him.

I think you are confusing this with Bell's vicious forearm to Bryant. Horry never used his forearm.

EDIT: Also, it's Bruce Bowen, not Bruce Lee. Anyone that thinks that Bowen has the coordination to change directions in mid-air or deliberately target an achilles tendon is delusional.

I agree that the refs should have called the touch foul that Finley was trying to give to Nash. It might have stopped all the chaos that happened afterwards. No, I'm not confusing Bells forearm with what Horry did. It was reported on the television that Horry gave Nash a forearm shiver, even though I thought he hipchecked him at the time.

Concerning your edit: Look at the picture where he kicks Wally in the face. He had plenty of time to target the area of the ankle or foot of Amare since he couldn't catch up to him quickly enought to block the shot, so he had to get him from behind. Has Bowen ever blocked a shot. :)

ambchang
I played super mario back in the day, and I swear I can change directions in midair.

DarkReign
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
did you even watch the fucking video? Felton was elevating for a jumper, and Nash didn't get his foot between anything, he swung his leg across the front of Felton's leg and his foot caught him right in the ankle.

Yes, I "watched the fucking video". My interpretation differs from yours. Nash isnt going to receive a suspension, and nor should he. Sorry if you dont agree.

Nashfan
Horry was tired of the whole Sun's team acting like wusses and throwing cheapshots at him the whole series, but the media was ignoring it, so he did that stupid flagrant foul. Nothing that I would condone.

You are an idiot. :rolleyes

Lebowski Brickowski
How can this thread generate 5 pages of excuses from suns fans?

That was the most blatant thing I've seen since, well, raja vs. kobe. :lol

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Look at the picture where he kicks Wally in the face. He had plenty of time to target the area of the ankle or foot of Amare since he couldn't catch up to him quickly enought to block the shot, so he had to get him from behind.
how would you decipher what he did to Amare by looking at the picture of him kicking Wally?

ambchang
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
You are an idiot. :rolleyes
Thanks for making my point for me, replace Nash with Horry, Felton with Nash, and Voila!

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Come on, you know he's just going to say he learned it from Bowen, Suns player can do no wrong.

No, he didn't learn it from Bowen. Yes, Suns players can do things wrong and should be held accountable for their actions, which Bell was in this case. Has Bowen ever been suspended?

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, I "watched the fucking video". My interpretation differs from yours. Nash isnt going to receive a suspension, and nor should he. Sorry if you dont agree.
Don't apologize to me, you oughta feel sorry for yourself if you couldn't see the blatant dirtiness of that bitch move by Nash.

Jeremy
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, I guess the NBA saw nothing wrong with the play.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe Horry was being roughed up by Nash all game long and the refs were not calling it, Horry should have broke Nash's ankle like what Nash did to Felton because that is a reasonable excuse.

Now you are just plain exaggerating things. Nash did not break Feltons ankle. You are not worth having a conversation with. :donkey

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks for making my point for me, replace Nash with Horry, Felton with Nash, and Voila!

You make no sense. :donkey

Jeremy
11-07-2007, 06:09 PM
It wasn't even Felton's ankle that got injured. It was his knee.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:10 PM
how would you decipher what he did to Amare by looking at the picture of him kicking Wally?

Try to keep up by reading all the posts before you comment.

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Weirdest part was how it seemed to be ok at first. He got up and hit two free throws....then play continued and he just curled up in a ball.

Tough break.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Try to keep up by reading all the posts before you comment.
I kept up just fine. you can't tell a thing from one by look at the other.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't apologize to me, you oughta feel sorry for yourself if you couldn't see the blatant dirtiness of that bitch move by Nash.

You really shouldn't be talking about bitch moves. You happen to have two of the biggest bitches on your team. :) Then again, maybe you should since you do have two of the biggest bitches on your team. :lol

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
what's your point? hitting him in the ankle will obviously cause him to not go down properly which could lead to his knee being hurt.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM

Yes, from everything I have read or seen on television it was his knee and not his ankle but who knows?

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
You really shouldn't be talking about bitch moves. You happen to have two of the biggest bitches on your team. :) Then again, maybe you should since you do have two of the biggest bitches on your team. :lol
Nobody said shit about the Mavericks, did they?

Is that your reasoning here? That just because the Mavs have a couple dirty players that I can't talk about the Suns dirty players? What is this the second fucking grade? You are such a freaking moron.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I kept up just fine. you can't tell a thing from one by look at the other.

I can tell that he uses tactics that are not necessary in the game of basketball. :)

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM

Mono, this is what I was refering to about bitch moves and who should know what bitch moves look like the most in this thread. :lol

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Nobody said shit about the Mavericks, did they?

Is that your reasoning here? That just because the Mavs have a couple dirty players that I can't talk about the Suns dirty players? What is this the second fucking grade? You are such a freaking moron.

Youre such an asshole. This is why I don't give a shit about appeasing Texans.

The only posters I'd put on your level immaturity are Stretch and Mardigan.

da_suns_fan__
11-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh...Johnny Ringo is a big douche but at least its funny.

The SOns sucks....Barbosa is the "bitch" man of the year.....

ATRAIN and OFACTOR are morons....but I think thats because they're probably young.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Nash did it on purpose.

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Nash did it on purpose.

:lmao

mardigan
11-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Youre such an asshole. This is why I don't give a shit about appeasing Texans.

The only posters I'd put on your level immaturity are Stretch and Mardigan.
:smokin

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
:lmao

You said it yourself.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049143&postcount=3

O-Factor
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM

ATRAIN and OFACTOR are morons....but I think thats because they're probably young.

Awesome, I've yet to make a post in this thread and Im refrenced by the biggest homo on this site :lol

Nashfan
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
You said it yourself.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049143&postcount=3

It was said tongue in cheek, that is why I used this :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Still did it on purpose.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
It was said tongue in cheek, that is why I used this :)
Was this tongue-in-cheek as well?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049894&postcount=93

Also, in that game last night Felton was pushing Nash around a bit and the refs weren't calling fouls for it, maybe Nash had enough of it. Especially after last years playoffs against the Spurs, he might be learning to fight back.

Walter Craparita
11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
lmao.

I can't wait to see the accidents they will try to pull on the Spurs if they meet up. Who will be the enforcer this year?.....

vicphoenix
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know why there are people who think Steve Nash tried to intentionally injure Raymond Felton? The people who think that are way of base for a couple reasons:

1. Felton played in Nash's charity game a couple times. Why would Nash try to injure a friend?

2. Nash isn't a dirty player who has a reputation of trying to hurt other players.

If Felton is seriously injured, I am sure Nash would be one of the first people to apologize.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
This thread properly highlights why the post of the average Suns fan is being taken less and less seriously by Spurstalk.com.

Sad. It ruins it for the few good (or great) Suns posters out there who are going to suffer despite posting respectably.

Johnny RIngo
11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Nash injuring Felton like that doesn't surprise me. I've seen his dirty soccer antics before when he was undercutting people in last year's playoffs and kicking other players as he was driving in for a layup. He's a sneaky fucking bastard that gets away with it becuse he's the "great white hope" of the NBA.

It's good to see some real NBA talent like Chris Paul breaking out this year but he'll probably get no attention cause the media will be too busy hyping up the one-dimensional Nash as he leads his team into another early playoff collapse. Fuck that Canadian flopper.

As for Raja Bell...guy's the most overrated defender in the league. All he does is flop on charges. Kobe's a much better defender, even with the offensive load he carries on the Lakers.

mardigan
11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know why there are people who think Steve Nash tried to intentionally injure Raymond Felton? The people who think that are way of base for a couple reasons:

1. Felton played in Nash's charity game a couple times. Why would Nash try to injure a friend?

2. Nash isn't a dirty player who has a reputation of trying to hurt other players.

If Felton is seriously injured, I am sure Nash would be one of the first people to apologize.
Because it was fucking obvious he did it on purpose. Maybe he didnt mean to "injure" Felton, but I dont know what else he would think would happen when he stuck his leg in there.

vicphoenix
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Because it was fucking obvious he did it on purpose. Maybe he didnt mean to "injure" Felton, but I dont know what else he would think would happen when he stuck his leg in there.

The hate for Nash and the Suns on here means alot of Spurs fans are going to think he did it on purpose.

diego
11-07-2007, 09:10 PM
alright, enough. I'm sick of whiny fans of other teams pissing on bruce. bowen is going on something like 450 straight games (anybody know just how many?), #1 in the NBA. no injuries, no suspensions. hes there for work. and every night he guards some star diva for 38 minutes. in that time, he's injured what, 3 people? has ray allen ever actually missed a game because of bruce? the whiny bitches of the nba- carter, allen- complain that bowen is doing his job. has kobe, francis, wally, ever complained? how many months of downtime is bruce responsible for, 4? carter 3 + francis .5 + ? allen (i'm really not sure if he actually ever missed time because of bruce) + ?

that "kick" on wally is an innocent play that happens all the time- a defender shows hard to take space (in this case, closing out late on a 3pt shooter), and the offensive player either adjusts or draws a foul. wally had his head down and didnt adjust. he got kicked in the face. but he didnt get seriously hurt and kept playing that game. when ira newble kicked dunleavy in the face where was the outcry? anyway these type of collisions usually happen in the post. the one with nash was the same thing, bowen had the ball and his foot planted, pivoted for space, and nash was so on top of him that he got it in the nuts. it should have been a blocking or reach in on nash because bruce had the ball and nash was impeding his progress. come to think of it, nash is so bad at playing D, that whenever he tries it, he either hurts himself, or an opponent.

bruce's offense is bad, but not that bad. bruce > nash!

Kriz-Maxima
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I think Nash did it on purpose. LMAO at people trying to find ways around it. The offensive player came, Nash lost him on defense (surprising) and he sticks out his foot, between the feets of the offensive player.

Did you see how he raised his feet? That was an unatural act, thats a suspension.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Yep, that looks like he got beat and just stuck his foot out there. No way around it. It seems as if every season Nash gets more pissed off. He leads with his feet, and barks at refs and players. While I appreciate the intensity, there's no place in b-ball for this.

ambchang
11-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Nash probably didn't try to injure Felton, he just intentionally tripped him that resulted in an injury.

ratm1221
11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Steve Nash is an asshole. That was some dirty shit.

Kriz-Maxima
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Yep, that looks like he got beat and just stuck his foot out there. No way around it. It seems as if every season Nash gets more pissed off. He leads with his feet, and barks at refs and players. While I appreciate the intensity, there's no place in b-ball for this.

I have noticed this too. I dont know if he has always been like this because honestly i have no memory of Nash before he was with the suns. But watching him last season and this one he spends most of his free time arguing with refs and yelling. After each foul called or missed call he goes hard at refs in behavior than in other would be a sure tech.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I have noticed this too. I dont know if he has always been like this because honestly i have no memory of Nash before he was with the suns. But watching him last season and this one he spends most of his free time arguing with refs and yelling. After each foul called or missed call he goes hard at refs in behavior than in other would be a sure tech.

It really started after '05-'06. His attitude, flopping, and "limb control" are starting to become Stockton-esque.

timvp
11-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I was going to come in here to start this thread. Looks like I'm a little late :shootme

I thought Bowen should have been punished for putting his foot under Steve Francis. And really, this move by Nash was even worse. It was an obviously intentional move on Nash's part. I doubt he was trying to hurt Felton but sticking your leg in between the legs of another player is just asking for an injury.

If Bowen, Artest even Raja Bell do that, it'd be the lead story on every sports outlet with everyone crying about how dirty the play is. Nash does it and Felton was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ShoogarBear
11-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm shocked Nash's nose didn't start bleeding.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I was going to come in here to start this thread. Looks like I'm a little late :shootme

I thought Bowen should have been punished for putting his foot under Steve Francis. And really, this move by Nash was even worse. It was an obviously intentional move on Nash's part. I doubt he was trying to hurt Felton but sticking your leg in between the legs of another player is just asking for an injury.

If Bowen, Artest even Raja Bell do that, it'd be the lead story on every sports outlet with everyone crying about how dirty the play is. Nash does it and Felton was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In all fairness, it's because Bowen, Bell, and Artest all have histories of being "dirty" players. Just like how Sheed gets technicals for things that half the league does. It's not fair, but that's just how life works.

Kriz-Maxima
11-07-2007, 11:47 PM
In all fairness, it's because Bowen, Bell, and Artest all have histories of being "dirty" players. Just like how Sheed gets technicals for things that half the league does. It's not fair, but that's just how life works.

And i think that says a lot about the league and Stern. You cant pick and choose, its all or none.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-07-2007, 11:50 PM
And i think that says a lot about the league and Stern. You cant pick and choose, its all or none.

I think that one of the primary motivations for Stern suspending players is to improve the league's image, which he always has his panties in a bunch about. Therefore, he punishes guys who he perceives as an image problem much more harshly than those he doesn't.

Kriz-Maxima
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I think that one of the primary motivations for Stern suspending players is to improve the league's image, which he always has his panties in a bunch about. Therefore, he punishes guys who he perceives as an image problem much more harshly than those he doesn't.

And what perception could a fan draw from this other than favoritism from the part of the league's administration. What image does that send?

vicphoenix
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
And what perception could a fan draw from this other than favoritism from the part of the league's administration. What image does that send?

If Nash got so much favoritism from the NBA, than explain why he only got 240 free throw attempts last season. Also, when he does play some decent defense, he gets cheap foul calls. Previous to the trip on Felton which was a foul, there was a play where Nash got called for a blocking foul. The problem was that Nash stayed in front of Felton and had his feet set when Felton drove into him. I believe Nash gets the least respect from the officials of any star in the NBA.

timvp
11-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I believe Nash gets the least respect from the officials of any star in the NBA.Wait, you're talking about Steve Nash, right?

ATRAIN
11-08-2007, 12:17 AM

Not only is your team obsessed with our team and championships, but your obsessed with 2 guys that hadnt even posted in this thread. Your such a fucking idiot. Young you say, come to texas and find out.

cornbread
11-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Red Card!!!

OldDirtMcGirt
11-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Wait, you're talking about Steve Nash, right?

From watching so many Suns games, I can honestly say that he doesn't get the superstar calls that Melo, Bron, Wade, and Kobe get.

However, the amount of foul opportunities he gets doesn't really reflect on David Stern. It's just the referees. Punishment on the other hand is entirely up to Stern.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2007, 03:06 AM
I believe Nash gets the least respect from the officials of any star in the NBA.
:lol Watching him whine, I'm sure Nash agrees with you. :lol

He probably thought he was making a point to the officials when he took out Felton and felt justified doing it. His hand went up awfully quick.

BeerIsGood!
11-08-2007, 04:14 AM
At least Nash finally showed some balls. Not much because he cheapshoted the guy but it's still more than the pussy has ever shown before.

vicphoenix
11-08-2007, 05:14 AM
At least Nash finally showed some balls. Not much because he cheapshoted the guy but it's still more than the pussy has ever shown before.

Very classy! Nash has more guts than most NBA players and you call him that?

B and P Cats
11-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Lucky for us, Felton did not get any tears or breaks or any serious injury. Just a sore knee. I have always thought Nash was a classy person, but when he stuck his leg out and tripped Felton, I was really shocked! There was no doubt it was a purposeful trip. The thing that gets me is that it came at a time when they were way ahead of us, and we all knew they would win. The whole thing seemed totally unneccesary. There are other guys that play more than one sport and can keep the rules seperate. The fact that he plays soccer and was just reacting by sticking out his leg like a soccer player would do is bull to me. :madrun

Reggie Miller
11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Very classy! Nash has more guts than most NBA players and you call him that?

This is the sort of thing that cracks me up.

Do you have the eerie power to see what lies in the heart of man?

I didn't think so.

We have to guess at what players are thinking/intending. Similarly, he have to guess at their level of toughness based on their play. I have no idea who has more "guts." Ultimately, neither do you. Personally, I think that you can't describe a one-way player as tough or gutsy, but that's just my opinion. It's no more or less valid than anyone else's, which is why it is worthless in the final analysis.

Side Note: Anyone else starts screaming at the refs like Nash did in game 6 of the Spurs series, and they would have been thrown out of the game. It was laughable.

DarkReign
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM

Then I'll apologize for Stern as well. And every other level-headed onlooker. What in Nash's career tells you he is a dirty player?

Nothing.

Hate to break it to you, but past offenses factor into the decision. Nash has never been suspended and is certainly not known to be a dirty player.

Who do you guys keep comparing this incident to? Bowen? Artest? Kobe?

All prior history with every one of them.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Also, when he does play some decent defense
i'd like to see video evidence of that ever happening.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Hate to break it to you, but past offenses factor into the decision. Nash has never been suspended and is certainly not known to be a dirty player.
And it's complete bullshit. Any level headed watcher could see that was a dirty fucking move, end of story.

DarkReign
11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
And it's complete bullshit. Any level headed watcher could see that was a dirty fucking move, end of story.

Hey, thats the way the criminal justice system in most developed countries in the world is too. Reality bites.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I guess so. Fuehrer Stern wins again.

Stabbin' Cabin
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Good, I hope Nash and the Suns keep injuring other teams players. It's the best way to win a championship these days.

vicphoenix
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM

I didn't think so.

We have to guess at what players are thinking/intending. Similarly, he have to guess at their level of toughness based on their play. I have no idea who has more "guts." Ultimately, neither do you. Personally, I think that you can't describe a one-way player as tough or gutsy, but that's just my opinion. It's no more or less valid than anyone else's, which is why it is worthless in the final analysis.

Side Note: Anyone else starts screaming at the refs like Nash did in game 6 of the Spurs series, and they would have been thrown out of the game. It was laughable.

You need to correct that last statement. Sorry, but the referees don't kick anyone out for arguing during the playoffs.

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 03:55 PM
You need to correct that last statement. Sorry, but the referees don't kick anyone out for arguing during the playoffs.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~swarheit/Rasheed2.jpg
and Reggie Miller said "screaming" not "arguing".

Reggie Miller
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
and Reggie Miller said "screaming" not "arguing".

Thanks, and Nash was screaming at the refs. There's no wiggle room there.

yourcheatinheart
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM

that's some coffee calling the kettle right there. pius ass spurs fucker.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
rofl

monosylab1k
11-08-2007, 07:16 PM
that's some coffee calling the kettle right there. pius ass spurs fucker.
I hate to be the Spelling Police, but why are Suns trolls so fucking retarded?

First da_suns_fan commits the biggest self-ownage of his career when he tried some grammar smack and got it thrown right back in his face by stretch with the legendary "capitalize your O, motherfucker".

Then DannyB tries to go over everyone's head by namedropping random philosophers and 18th century writers, only to be outdone by Reggie Miller. This eventually led to a DannyB meltdown with posts consisting of complaints at "smart" writing and 75% of the words in the post being "fuck".

And now "pius"......which I'm guessing is either "pious", "Prius", or "pus". One seems to make more sense in context but you can never know for sure with Suns Troll.

EDIT: And I didn't even notice the butchered cliche until now. "That's some coffee calling the kettle right there"......wow....:lmao

OldDirtMcGirt
11-08-2007, 08:44 PM

I didn't think so.

I think that you can get a decent player by seeing if a player is willing to hustle, take charges, dive on the ground, and get his hands dirty. Or if he plays through injuries and is a good leader. While it's obviously impossible to read his mind, there is evidence in the way he plays.

td4mvp21
11-08-2007, 08:53 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao!!!!!!

yourcheatinheart
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I hate to be the Spelling Police, but why are Suns trolls so fucking retarded?

First da_suns_fan commits the biggest self-ownage of his career when he tried some grammar smack and got it thrown right back in his face by stretch with the legendary "capitalize your O, motherfucker".

Then DannyB tries to go over everyone's head by namedropping random philosophers and 18th century writers, only to be outdone by Reggie Miller. This eventually led to a DannyB meltdown with posts consisting of complaints at "smart" writing and 75% of the words in the post being "fuck".

And now "pius"......which I'm guessing is either "pious", "Prius", or "pus". One seems to make more sense in context but you can never know for sure with Suns Troll.

EDIT: And I didn't even notice the butchered cliche until now. "That's some coffee calling the kettle right there"......wow....:lmao

pius is a name in latin darling. dicaprio
:toast star wars :toast bitch ass mavs pius fucker :toast

K-State Spur
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM

The same reason there are suns fans that think Horry was intentionally trying to injure Nash. Is there really any difference between a hip check and a trip? I think anybody who would argue that there is would be splitting hairs and looking at those plays through their fan goggles.

mavs>spurs2
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
:toast :toast bitch :toast

You getting ready to play swallowing the suns?

monosylab1k
11-09-2007, 01:14 AM
pius is a name in latin darling. dicaprio
:toast star wars :toast bitch ass mavs pius fucker :toast
so you were calling him a Latin name? :lmao that's even more stupid than all the other options. just admit you didn't know how the fuck to spell pious and be done with it, faggot.

Reggie Miller
11-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I think that you can get a decent player by seeing if a player is willing to hustle, take charges, dive on the ground, and get his hands dirty. Or if he plays through injuries and is a good leader. While it's obviously impossible to read his mind, there is evidence in the way he plays.

I can't disagree with anything you said. I think we can tell if a player is "gutsy," but we can't tell "who has the most guts." That's just not possible.

samikeyp
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I can't disagree with anything you said. I think we can tell if a player is "gutsy," but we can't tell "who has the most guts." That's just not possible.

I don't know...there was Oliver Miller. Oh...that was "the most gut" :)

yourcheatinheart
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
so you were calling him a Latin name? :lmao that's even more stupid than all the other options. just admit you didn't know how the fuck to spell pious and be done with it, faggot.

star wars :toast dicaprio :toast faggot ass pius mavs cock sucking motherfucker. :toast

monosylab1k
11-09-2007, 06:14 PM
star wars :toast dicaprio :toast faggot ass pius mavs cock sucking motherfucker. :toast
wow that's original material there. while you're at it post that pic of the double middle fingers you've only used 19 times now.

yourcheatinheart
11-10-2007, 05:32 AM
wow that's original material there. while you're at it post that pic of the double middle fingers you've only used 19 times now.

a request for a timeless classichttp://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/double-fuck.jpgand while we are at it here's another one for your bitch ass, courtesy of the Micksterhttp://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/Micksayingwashit.jpg. nash is a beast, this time he's taking no fucking prisoners belive that!http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/503892939_9a3d85849d_o.pngdicaprio :toast star wars :toast fucking pius mavs cock sucker :toast

Mister Sinister
11-10-2007, 09:00 AM
yourcheatinheart should be sterilized.

td4mvp21
11-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Nash is a pussy.

OldDirtMcGirt
11-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Nash is a pussy.

You don't watch much NBA basketball do you?

exstatic
11-10-2007, 07:03 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/503892939_9a3d85849d_o.png

:lmao You managed to top his real mop with one even worse, a feat that I though was impossible.

Amare_32
11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I find it funny that a Spurs fan starts a thread about Nash's "dirty" play.

Findog
11-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Why would that be funny? Suns trolls have whined for months on end about the Spurs physical play and the Horry incident...now the guy on the receiving end of that hip check is caught tripping another player after getting beat off the dribble. In fairness to Nash, we don't know if it was retaliation for something Felton did to him, but it looks pretty dirty. This is a Spurs board, if you want a homer take on it, go ArizonaSportsFans or phxsuns.net

exstatic
11-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I find it funny that Nash would actually do something dirty after all the crying in May. What a hypocrite.

picnroll
11-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Watching Magic - Suns. Dayam those Suns are a bunch of floppin mofos.

SpursFanFirst
11-10-2007, 08:16 PM

Dang, that link won't work for me.

Spider TX
11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I never seen one teams fans whine so damn much about another team like the Spurs fans do. It's quite humerous.

Slydragon
11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I never seen one teams fans whine so damn much about another team like the Spurs fans do. It's quite humerous.

I direct you to last years playoff.

Nashfan
11-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Watching Magic - Suns. Dayam those Suns are a bunch of floppin mofos.

Right, this coming from a fan of the Spurs! :lol