PDA

View Full Version : Yo Thunderdan...what about Brady....Quinn

O-Factor
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
:bang I've had about enough of Derek Anderson stockpiling the wins for Cleveland, kicking ass, getting that ball to Edwards and Winslow, and having Cleveland looking pretty good. I thought we agreed Cleveland was a 8-8 team at best(pre-season). Its ruining my dream of a top pick in the draft. The Cowboys have 2 in the first round so I guess we could package them to move up if we want to. I think its time for Brady Quinn to step in, take his bumps and bruises, and give us Cowboy fans some Browns losses! :) Any word on what the papers in Ohio are saying about Quinn/Anderson. Im thinking the Browns are going to stick with Anderson huh?

JamStone
11-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think this year's draft is going to have superstar type studs at the top of the draft. I don't really see any 8+ pro bowl type of guys. McFadden maybe? Kenny Phillips maybe? Laurinitis? But, really there are just a bunch of solid QBs, a couple beasts at linebacker (if they declare), and some quality depth at Tackle. Two first round picks will be very nice even if neither is a top 10 pick. Cowboys need another CB, and there aren't any top 10 caliber CBs in the draft.

Tippecanoe
11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't think this year's draft is going to have superstar type studs at the top of the draft. I don't really see any 8+ pro bowl type of guys.

Jake Long says peekaboo!!

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
:bang I've had about enough of Derek Anderson stockpiling the wins for Cleveland, kicking ass, getting that ball to Edwards and Winslow, and having Cleveland looking pretty good. I thought we agreed Cleveland was a 8-8 team at best(pre-season). Its ruining my dream of a top pick in the draft. The Cowboys have 2 in the first round so I guess we could package them to move up if we want to. I think its time for Brady Quinn to step in, take his bumps and bruises, and give us Cowboy fans some Browns losses! :) Any word on what the papers in Ohio are saying about Quinn/Anderson. Im thinking the Browns are going to stick with Anderson huh?

Haha its funny you mention Brady Quinn because most people around the area forgot he was even on the team! Yeah the Browns are looking like they could win as many as 11 games ( i know your laughing, but look at their final 6 games). I honestly never saw it coming. But this is the best case senario for both Brady and the Browns. I imagine they will resign Anderson and move him after the season or next season because QB's are very hard to come by in the NFL right now. I know they get a 1st round pick this year if he signs with another team in the offseason b/c he is a restricted free agent.

I think they will stick with him for the rest of the year barring a major collapse or injury. I know that they do not have major money tied up in Quinn like other teams have faced, so they don't mind him on the bench. I would imagine DA playing this season and the Browns taking offers this offseason.

But it doesn't look good for Cowboys fans, but I still like the trade Cleveland made even after the fact

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
honestly though, who would have ever thought the Browns have one of the best QB situations in the NFL after what happened in Week 1. I know Anderson isn't the best, but he is playing like a Pro Bowler and our backup would be starting on a handful of teams. But it's Cleveland, something will happen to bring us back down to earth....it always does

O-Factor
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
honestly though, who would have ever thought the Browns have one of the best QB situations in the NFL after what happened in Week 1. I know Anderson isn't the best, but he is playing like a Pro Bowler and our backup would be starting on a handful of teams. But it's Cleveland, something will happen to bring us back down to earth....it always does

lol, Yeah but you are right. Cleveland should ride Anderson as long as possible. If he doesn't falter and puts together another good season next year, I don't see how Cleveland doesn't sign him long term. Like you said Brady wasn't chosen top 5 so the Browns don't have money tied into him, thus making it alot easier to stick Anderson. Kind of similar to the San Diego situation a couple years ago with Brees and Rivers. I think the Chargers would of stuck with Brees had they not had so much money invested in Rivers. Anyhow, the Browns are in a great situation and Anderson and Edwards seem to really have something going right now.

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
lol, Yeah but you are right. Cleveland should ride Anderson as long as possible. If he doesn't falter and puts together another good season next year, I don't see how Cleveland doesn't sign him long term. Like you said Brady wasn't chosen top 5 so the Browns don't have money tied into him, thus making it alot easier to stick Anderson. Kind of similar to the San Diego situation a couple years ago with Brees and Rivers. I think the Chargers would of stuck with Brees had they not had so much money invested in Rivers. Anyhow, the Browns are in a great situation and Anderson and Edwards seem to really have something going right now.

I would imagine the Browns signing him to a 4 year deal this offseason so they can play him for a year and he will still have a decent contract for his future team.

BeerIsGood!
11-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Who are we kidding? We'll just draft another two linebackers with those picks anyway.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Interesting scenario playing out in Cleveland.

Do you sign DA long term and hope to trade BQ or do you hope someone signs DA to an offer sheet, start BQ and try to cash in with the extra picks?

I'd sign DA.

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Interesting scenario playing out in Cleveland.

Do you sign DA long term and hope to trade BQ or do you hope someone signs DA to an offer sheet, start BQ and try to cash in with the extra picks?

They won't trade Quinn because they can't get anything for someone unproven like him. They will get rid of DA after the ink him to a deal so they can get good trade value.

11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
They won't trade Quinn because they can't get anything for someone unproven like him. They will get rid of DA after the ink him to a deal so they can get good trade value.

They don't have to trade him. They'll more than likely slap the highest one year tender on him, someone will sign him to an offer sheet(Minny, Bears) and probably get another 1st and 3rd out of it.

He is a RFA, right?

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 03:55 PM
They don't have to trade him. They'll more than likely slap the highest one year tender on him, someone will sign him to an offer sheet(Minny, Bears) and probably get another 1st and 3rd out of it.

He is a RFA, right?

Yeah he is. I personally would trade or let him go after this season just in case it's a fluke. Sorta what the Indians did with Coco Crisp when he batter .300 in 2005

11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Plus, the cap hit of trading BQ, I'd imagine, is enormous.

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Plus, the cap hit of trading BQ, I'd imagine, is enormous.

yeah. I think Brady will be alright too so I wouldn't trade him anyway. We don't have a first rounder this year so mabye by losing DA we can get one.

Who would have ever thought the Lions and the Browns could make the playoffs in the same year

11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Shhh, don't jinx it.

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
well we have the curse of Cleveland working against us. We have 6 very winnable games left, and that might be just enough to get our hopes up only to drop the bomb after another cleveland choke

JamStone
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Jake Long says peekaboo!!

I know about Jake Long. I'm a UM alum. But, as good as a Tackle as he is, rarely do I feel Tackles can be regarded as "superstar" players. That's my opinion. He should be very good at the NFL level, and a multiple pro bowler the way he projects. I certainly wouldn't be surprised. But, they said the same thing about Robert Gallery. When I think about "superstar" obviously you look at skilled position players and maybe defensive back fielders like Urlacher, Ray Lewis or a DB like Deion Sanders or Bob Sanders. While the lines are extremely important, how many linemen on either side become "superstars" really?

mardigan
11-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think this year's draft is going to have superstar type studs at the top of the draft. I don't really see any 8+ pro bowl type of guys. McFadden maybe? Kenny Phillips maybe? Laurinitis? But, really there are just a bunch of solid QBs, a couple beasts at linebacker (if they declare), and some quality depth at Tackle. Two first round picks will be very nice even if neither is a top 10 pick. Cowboys need another CB, and there aren't any top 10 caliber CBs in the draft.
Cowboys dont need a corner, and wouldnt want to pay a corner top 10 money. They could use a reciever maybe, maybe a running back, as Jones will probably not be re-signed and Barber is a restricted fa. Safety and defensive tackle are the two most pressing needs on this team, and hopefully one of the two will be addressed in the first round next year.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
McFadden maybe?
McFadden definitely. He's LT with more power.
Felix Jones will be huge too. Next year's draft class will forever be remembered cuz of the 2 Arkansas RB's. They're both going to be big time studs in the NFL.

monosylab1k
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Cowboys dont need a corner, and wouldnt want to pay a corner top 10 money. They could use a reciever maybe, maybe a running back, as Jones will probably not be re-signed and Barber is a restricted fa. Safety and defensive tackle are the two most pressing needs on this team, and hopefully one of the two will be addressed in the first round next year.
If the Cowboys replaced Julius Jones with Felix Jones they'd have the best running game in the league. I have no idea where his draft stock lies because he's so overshadowed by McFadden, but Felix Jones is the ultimate speed back. Reminds me a whole whole lot of Tiki Barber.

I guess it also depends on if Jones declares or if he decides to stay for a year as the #1 guy at ARK.