PDA

View Full Version : The Duncan Jersey Thief Came Back...Stole Their SUV

duncan228
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Pissed me off, I couldn't bury it in the other thread.
Please merge if my judgement was wrong.

http://winnipegsun.com/News/Winnipeg/2007/11/07/4636784-sun.html

Thief comes back for SUV
Steals girl's 'priceless' Spurs jersey
By CHRIS KITCHING, SUN MEDIA

Katherina Dubesky's computer, camera and an autographed San Antonio Spurs jersey were stolen. (MARCEL CRETAIN/ SUN MEDIA)
Less than 24 hours after a Transcona family's house was broken into and robbed, the culprit or culprits returned with stolen keys and swiped a sport utility vehicle from the garage.

Lynn Dubesky said she and her husband didn't realize the set of keys was among the items taken during the break-in late Monday morning.

Someone returned to the house early yesterday and made a bad situation even worse. The person or persons broke into the family's truck, and then used the keys to open the garage and steal a 2006 Buick Rendezvous.

"I'm sort of overwhelmed. You just can't believe that would happen," Dubesky said. "This has been really hard on our family."

During the break-in, someone stole her daughter's San Antonio Spurs jersey -- autographed by two-time NBA MVP Tim Duncan -- as well as a computer and digital camera.

Duncan signed the jersey for Katherina Dubesky during an in-person meeting arranged two years ago by Children's Wish Foundation. It was hanging in her closet.

She suffers from Wegener's granulomatosis, a rare, life-threatening disease that causes inflammation of the blood vessels and limits blood flow to important organs.

HOPES FOR RETURN

"My trip to San Antonio has always kind of been the highlight of my disease. That's kind of what I think of when I'm going through hard times," Katherina Dubesky said. "To that person who took it, it might just mean a few hundred dollars to them, but to me it's priceless."

She is hoping the person will return the jersey.

At about noon Monday, someone also broke into Judy Boulton's house about a block away. Boulton and Lynn Dubesky wonder if the same people are responsible for the thefts, which both occurred when no one was home.

Police spokeswoman Const. Jacqueline Chaput said at this point there is no indication the incidents are related.

At Boulton's house, thieves stole a 40-inch LCD television and surround sound system installed last week.

"We had the new TV sitting right in front of the window. You could see it from the street. I definitely won't do that again," Boulton said.

A computer, jewelry, remote controls and $20 in Canadian Tire money are also missing.

"I was of the opinion the police know there's a group of individuals out there ... who do this all the time," Boulton's partner, Tony, said. "I'm disappointed we live in a neighbourhood where, in the middle of the day, these people can kick in your door and do what they do."

MoSpur
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
That is just sad. People are ruthless.

pawe
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
there is a special place in hell for these kind of people. Meth addicts will do anything to get high.

DudleyDawson
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I bet the Spurs organization would make this right if they were made aware of it.

dbreiden83080
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Jesus these people need to get a better security system. So now Timmy needs to get her a new jersey and a SUV. How hard can that be, he does like 8 million car ADS in SA every year anyway, so i am sure he gets them for free.

Someone call Timmy and tell him to get on this. :p:

K-State Spur
11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I guess the "good" news in this whole thing is that if these people are dumb enough to keep hitting the same area over and over, they're going to get caught much sooner than later.

sa_butta
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
At Boulton's house, thieves stole a 40-inch LCD television and surround sound system installed last week.

"We had the new TV sitting right in front of the window. You could see it from the street. I definitely won't do that again," Boulton said.
Not smart.

dbreiden83080
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess the "good" news in this whole thing is that if these people are dumb enough to keep hitting the same area over and over, they're going to get caught much sooner than later.

Especially since it hit the papers the first time and they still went back for more.

sa_butta
11-07-2007, 03:08 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/ittakesathief/ittakesathief.html

Brutalis
11-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I just got a new SUV but I think it's stolen.

Mr. Peabody
11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I just got a new SUV but I think it's stolen.

Was there an autographed Duncan jersey in the back seat?

E20
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I wonder if Kori could alert/email this to WOAI or some other SA news orginzation about this.

Tippecanoe
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
i am speechless :depressed

pawe
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
i am speechless :depressed

With the Spurs' play last night or ST posters on a panic about it?

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-07-2007, 05:37 PM
This thread is probably as good as any to announce the prizes I'm giving away for my upcoming writing contests:

December: Home computer
January: Digital camera
February: Autographed Duncan jersey
March: A 40-inch LCD TV
April: 2006 Buick Rendevous

:drunk

mookie2001
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
there is a special place in hell for these kind of people. Meth addicts will do anything to get high. right between stalin and andrea yates

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Terrible. Those guys are going straight to hell.

tlongII
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm sure Timmy will make it right and get them a new SUV. That's just the type of guy he is!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I think we here at Spurstalk could organize a fundraiser to get this girl a new jersey and Kori could get it signed for her. What do you think?

I'm willing to put my "two cents" sort of speak.

phxspurfan
11-07-2007, 06:38 PM
right between stalin and andrea yates

don't forget Loraina Bobbitt

TampaDude
11-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Well, if the SUV is insured, and it should be, she'll get a new one. The jersey should be easy to replace. Duncan can hook it up no prob.

Those thieving fuckers will get caught soon enough.

djohn14
11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Man this is sad...I got chills reading this. Its so wrong...and it makes me pissed off that I cant do a damn thing about it.

Pistons < Spurs
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I think we here at Spurstalk could organize a fundraiser to get this girl a new jersey and Kori could get it signed for her. What do you think?

I'm willing to put my "two cents" sort of speak.
:tu