PDA

View Full Version : The Real Story, For Those Who Want To Know

batman2883
11-07-2007, 03:47 PM
First off I would like to take the oppurtunity to thank each and every single one of you who sent prayers and thoughts my way. Honestly I truly appreciate it all, you guys are all awesome. It was a hard situation to deal with at first, I seriously thought I was going to die at one point, but i made it through and I'm just thankful that you guys took the time to check up on me and make sure i was okay.

So here it goes, saturday october 5th was a good night for me, i had just popped open a bottle in the vip section at a really nice club downtown. I had a lot of my friends with me from high school, college, and my job, we all had a good time didnt have any drama, i did completely hammered cause shots of 4 horsemen were flowing like water. The night was awesome, i met someone really nice, walked her to her car, and then went back to my friends car(a friend of mine who use to work with me who was going to drive me home because i was too drunk). I was so tired i decided to pass out in the backseat so i can lay down, so i did. Next thing i know im awake because of the feeling of not being able to breathe, i felt a stinging sensation on my side turns out it was where the bullet went in and i was gushing blood like crazy, i rolled over to my right side and tried to inform my friend the driver that i was hit, we were on I-10 and wurzbach at the time i got shot, by the time he realized i was hit, i we were already past the huebner exit so he called the cops and had them meet us up at dezavala, my first reaction was i thought the bullet was in my lung and i was about to die, due to my inability to breathe but once they stabilized me the ambulance they kept ensuring me i was going to be alive.......and well thats the story, wrong place wrong time. Once again i would just like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it really meant a great deal to me....thank you all

Thunder Dan
11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
damn man what happened who shot you and why?

MannyIsGod
11-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Man you never had to come in and explain shit. We know you and we know you're not out doing shit that gets you shot. Glad you're doing better though. There are always stupid fucks around here who want to start judging others when something bad happens to them.

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Man you never had to come in and explain shit. We know you and we know you're not out doing shit that gets you shot. Glad you're doing better though. There are always stupid fucks around here who want to start judging others when something bad happens to them.

yeah i know but i still wanted to get the truth out there just for those who were wondering like what happened, i really dont have any enemies who would wanna shoot at me and they wouldnt have even known i was in the back seat cause i was laying down and couldnt be seen ya know???

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
First off I would like to take the oppurtunity to thank each and every single one of you who sent prayers and thoughts my way. Honestly I truly appreciate it all, you guys are all awesome. It was a hard situation to deal with at first, I seriously thought I was going to die at one point, but i made it through and I'm just thankful that you guys took the time to check up on me and make sure i was okay.

So here it goes, saturday october 5th was a good night for me, i had just popped open a bottle in the vip section at a really nice club downtown. I had a lot of my friends with me from high school, college, and my job, we all had a good time didnt have any drama, i did completely hammered cause shots of 4 horsemen were flowing like water. The night was awesome, i met someone really nice, walked her to her car, and then went back to my friends car(a friend of mine who use to work with me who was going to drive me home because i was too drunk). I was so tired i decided to pass out in the backseat so i can lay down, so i did. Next thing i know im awake because of the feeling of not being able to breathe, i felt a stinging sensation on my side turns out it was where the bullet went in and i was gushing blood like crazy, i rolled over to my right side and tried to inform my friend the driver that i was hit, we were on I-10 and wurzbach at the time i got shot, by the time he realized i was hit, i we were already past the huebner exit so he called the cops and had them meet us up at dezavala, my first reaction was i thought the bullet was in my lung and i was about to die, due to my inability to breathe but once they stabilized me the ambulance they kept ensuring me i was going to be alive.......and well thats the story, wrong place wrong time. Once again i would just like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it really meant a great deal to me....thank you all

So what's the prognosis? You all good?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
It's a fucked up world with a lot of fucked up people in it. Good to see you made it through a fucked up scenario.

An acquaintance I had in HS was found in some Detroit back alley with a bullet in his head a few weeks ago. He played the game and lost.

No threadjack, good to see you're still alive, as strange as that is to say.

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry about that, man.

Make a rap album.

ORION
11-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I thought you out salsa danced some professional and he wanted revenge

Shelly
So, do they have any idea who shot you??

Keep healing!

batman2883
So what's the prognosis? You all good?
i am back to normal thank god but i do still have spells where i cant breathe due largely in part to the bullet being lodged in my diaphram still, they said the bullet will irritate the muscle and cause my respiratory system to tense up so these spells will happen for a while but they will eventually go away.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I thought you out salsa danced some professional and he want revenge

http://thephoenix.com/secure/uploadedImages/The_Phoenix/Home_Entertainment/The_Ultimate/tango(1).jpg

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
It's a fucked up world with a lot of fucked up people in it. Good to see you made it through a fucked up scenario.

An acquaintance I had in HS was found in some Detroit back alley with a bullet in his head a few weeks ago. He played the game and lost.

No threadjack, good to see you're still alive, as strange as that is to say.
thanks man i appreciate that, im still glad to be alive

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
So, do they have any idea who shot you??

Keep healing!

nope it was a completely random thing, according to my friend nobody was following us and it just came out of no where.

Shelly
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
nope it was a completely random thing, according to my friend nobody was following us and it just came out of no where.

Jeez...that makes it even more surreal. Crazy world.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm glad you are getting better, Bat. I told you on the phone several times, but people who know you, they know you weren't involved in anything bad. It was just an unfortunate circumstance.

Hopefully the breathing problems will subside soon. I'm still glad you didn't have to get the surgery to remove it!

The first day when I talked to you, I was really worried because you were so drugged up at the hospital. :lol But the second day, I knew you were going to be alright.

Johnny_Blaze_47
You must have really pissed off USAA.

batman2883
what sucks the most is it happend of I-10 and wurzbach, i live off I-10 and huebner, i was just an exit away

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm glad you are getting better, Bat. I told you on the phone several times, but people who know you, they know you weren't involved in anything bad. It was just an unfortunate circumstance.

Hopefully the breathing problems will subside soon. I'm still glad you didn't have to ge the surgery to remove it!

The first day when I talked to you, I was really worried because you were so drugged up at the hospital. :lol But the second day, I knew you were going to be alright.

thanks kori i really appreciated you calling to check up on me, i was seriously drugged up for most of the week, morphine is a powerful drug, thats all they kept giving me cause i couldnt sleep due to the pain in my back, side and stomach

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
You must have really pissed off USAA.

Those turd nuggets still owe me money for a car accident.

I wonder if Bat owed them any money.
Those guys are hardcore.
The Mafia has nothing on them.

Shelly
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Is there any physical therapy you can do for that? We don't want you getting addicted to painkillers!

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
no dont worry i stopped taking the pain meds like a week after i got out, i just live through the pain, and no pt just breathing exercises but nothing much

ORION
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I heard it was a .22. Batman can you comment

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
it was a .45

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
http://thephoenix.com/secure/uploadedImages/The_Phoenix/Home_Entertainment/The_Ultimate/tango(1).jpg
:nope Tango doesn't equal Salsa. It's stunts like this that make people not trust journalists.

Hell of a story Batman. Make sure you never pass up an opportunity to use that scar to get street cred and impress the ladies.

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
it was a .45

Damn.

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Im Just Lucky Not To Be Pissing Or Crapping In A Cholestomy Bag

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
i seriously thought i was going to die, i already started making peace with god the moment i couldnt breathe

Taco
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
GLAD YOUR DOING BETTER :tu

tlongII
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
What's the deal with the driver. I heard he had brass knucks, a gun, and was arrested? Was the gun registered? If not, why were you rolling with a dude that has an unregistered gun?

tlongII
11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
An btw, I'm glad you're okay!

ORION
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM
i seriously thought i was going to die, i already started making peace with god the moment i couldnt breathe
If I was in that situation I think my son would of been on my mind and I couldn't wait to be a ghost so i can haunt the ladies dressing rooms at different department stores

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:37 PM
my first three thoughts were of my parents, the girl in my life, and then the rest of my family and friends

ORION
11-07-2007, 04:39 PM
my first three thoughts were of my parents, the girl in my life, and then the rest of my family and friends
and ...

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Im Just Lucky Not To Be Pissing Or Crapping In A Cholestomy Bag

Cheers for that.

I'll buy you a beer if I ever get the chance.

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
its been a real emotional rollercoster for me though, its like one second im completely happy to be here, to be alive still, experiencing everything again is so completely different, its like you learn to not take for granted the things you once did,

but on the other hand i start dwelling on man, i could have died, 8 bullets went into that trunk from behind, and only one made it through what if the others would have came through, what if that bullet that did come through would have came in where my head was.......its just so unreal the whole situation

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
like i dont know if you have all seen fight club but its true, what brad pitt did to that asian guy that was running the store.....after he let him go after putting a gun to his head....the next day he will have the best meal in the world, he will live life like never before, thats exactly what i feel like, each breath of fresh air is so exhilerating each meal is like none other before

Shelly
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
its been a real emotional rollercoster for me though, its like one second im completely happy to be here, to be alive still, experiencing everything again is so completely different, its like you learn to not take for granted the things you once did,

but on the other hand i start dwelling on man, i could have died, 8 bullets went into that trunk from behind, and only one made it through what if the others would have came through, what if that bullet that did come through would have came in where my head was.......its just so unreal the whole situation

A little therapy probably wouldn't hurt and is nothing to be ashamed of. I know guys are reluctant to go to therapy sometimes...

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 04:48 PM
A little therapy probably wouldn't hurt and is nothing to be ashamed of. I know guys are reluctant to go to therapy sometimes...

It actually helped me quite a bit.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
yo Bats, you even had people down here in Argentina pulling for ya! not many people could say that bro! Glad you're alright! One tough mother you are!

batman2883
I dont think i need therapy, i think i just need a little time

batman2883
yo Bats, you even had people down here in Argentina pulling for ya! not many people could say that bro! Glad you're alright! One tough mother you are!

appreciate that!!!

E20
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
How did your friend not know you got shot? Was a silencer attached or something? Or were you shot before you passed out?

marini martini
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Thoughts & prayers to ya, Bats :toast Glad you're on the mend :)

batman2883
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
How did your friend not know you got shot? Was a silencer attached or something? Or were you shot before you passed out?

i was shot while passed out in the back, i woke up cause i couldnt breathe but he didnt know i was shot cause i was asleep the whole time

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Thoughts & prayers to ya, Bats :toast Glad you're on the mend :)
thank you very very much

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
i was shot while passed out in the back, i woke up cause i couldnt breathe but he didnt know i was shot cause i was asleep the whole timeman! what that must have felt like...

8 bullets hit the car?? jesus... do they know who shot at you? or why? Its obviously deliberate, I mean, 8 bullets are no accident. Hope they catch the fuckers bro!

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
man! what that must have felt like...

8 bullets hit the car?? jesus... do they know who shot at you? or why? Its obviously deliberate, I mean, 8 bullets are no accident. Hope they catch the fuckers bro!

nope, they marked it up as random, there was actually a total of 12 bullets that hit the car but 8 that went through the trunk....only one made it through im very lucky to be alive today

peewee's lovechild
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
The ST community should get together and put a hit on the guys who did this.

florige
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know you but glad your okay.... :)

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM
nope, they marked it up as random, there was actually a total of 12 bullets that hit the car but 8 that went through the trunk....only one made it through im very lucky to be alive todayHoly crap! Sounds like someone up there was looking out for ya! :tu

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Holy crap! Sounds like someone up there was looking out for ya! :tu
yes i know, thank god, i def have some guardian angels

MoSpur
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Glad you're back dude.

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
when they put you in the ambulance you should have screamed " Come on! I take your fucking bullet! You think you kill me with bullets?"

bigzak25
11-07-2007, 05:17 PM
glad your alive and well man!

mookie2001
11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
get to work on that crime story johnny blaze

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
when they put you in the ambulance you should have screamed " Come on! I take your fucking bullet! You think you kill me with bullets?"

ha ha ha ha the funny thing is when they put me in the ambulance this was the conversation after i finally got oxygen

batman: where are you taking me

ems: university hospital

batman: UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL!!!! NO DON'T TAKE ME THERE I HAVE GOOD MEDICAL INSURANCE

ems: calm down sir, University has the best trauma unit in town

batman: people die there, i dont wanna have to wait there for 10 hours to get seen!!!!

then i passed out

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
ha ha ha ha the funny thing is when they put me in the ambulance this was the conversation after i finally got oxygen

batman: UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL!!!! NO DON'T TAKE ME THERE I HAVE GOOD MEDICAL INSURANCE

batman: people die there, i dont wanna have to wait there for 10 hours to get seen!!!!

then i passed out

:lol :lol :lol :lol

MoSpur
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
University is the best for trauma. LOL

Shelly
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
And it just dawned on me that here you were being responsible by not drinking and driving and this is the thanks you get????

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
thats what they said, i couldnt complain they took care of me right away

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
I just realized that they said " University has the best trauma unit" if it wasn't good would they have said something like " We are taking you to university .....we're sorry"

MaNuMaNiAc
:lol dude got shot, and still had enough fight in him to argue with paramedics! Batman is legendary

batman2883
And it just dawned on me that here you were being responsible by not drinking and driving and this is the thanks you get????

exactly!!!!

Bat, next time choose Plata.

Just sayin'

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Batman if you had died I would have played Video Ouija to talk to you

boutons_
11-07-2007, 05:31 PM
You were shot before you got in the car but didn't realize it?

You were shot while lying on the backseat? The bullet came through the door, window?

Or the driver turned around and popped you one because you didn't pay your part of the club tab? :lol

Crazy story, glad you're OK, welcome back.

That's what you get for hangin in such a nasty 'hood. :lol

MoSpur
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
thats what they said, i couldnt complain they took care of me right away

I know. I was agreeing with what the EMS told you. University is the best.

batman2883
11-07-2007, 05:34 PM
You were shot before you got in the car but didn't realize it?

You were shot while lying on the backseat? The bullet came through the door, window?

Or the driver turned around and popped you one because you didn't pay your part of the club tab? :lol

Crazy story, glad you're OK, welcome back.

That's what you get for hangin in such a nasty 'hood. :lol

ha ha ha ha ha

i got shot laying in the backseat

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
ha ha ha ha ha

i got shot getting laid in the backseat

FIXED

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
FIXED

"Is that a bullet in my side or did I just cum too hard?"

ORION
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
"Is that a bullet in my side or did I just cum too hard?"
put new meaning to the phrase "busted a nut"

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
FIXEDif that's the case, wouldn't he associate pain with pleasure from this point forward? Dude's getting laid... gets shot while getting an orgasm... I can imagine bats buying a gun for entertainment tomorrow :lol

CuckingFunt
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Props to Batty for recovering well.

http://thephoenix.com/secure/uploadedImages/The_Phoenix/Home_Entertainment/The_Ultimate/tango%281%29.jpg

And props to Johnny B for the obscure Simpsons reference.

FromWayDowntown
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're making such a great recovery, Batman!! It sucks that you had to go through that; I can appreciate the back-and-forth feelings that you've been going through. I hope that part of your recovery will be a complete success too.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 05:54 PM
"Is that a bullet in my side or did I just cum too hard?":lmao

Summers
11-07-2007, 05:55 PM

then i passed out

:lol

Wow, I feel really out of the loop. I don't know you and had no idea this had happened, but it's an amazing story and I'm really glad you're okay.

tlongII
11-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I guess you're not going to answer my questions. That's okay. I'm just curious. And like I said...I'm glad you're okay.

2centsworth
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
crazy story brother. first I've heard of it. Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Slomo
11-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Man you never had to come in and explain shit. We know you and we know you're not out doing shit that gets you shot. Glad you're doing better though. There are always stupid fucks around here who want to start judging others when something bad happens to them.What he said!!! ^^^ :tu

Now diapragm you said? Which part of the body is that? top? bottom? front? I hope it doesn't have anything to do with your bee-hine? That would be embarrassing! I hope it's in your foot. Shelly's hubby is good with pulling things out of feet. She claims he found a maggot once - but I think she's just bragging.

According to gooooogle most ladies carry their diphrams in their purses. Too bad you don't have a purse, would have saved us all alot of worrying. Do you want me to talk to Beno? Just in case. For the future I mean. You would be a hit at GTGs!

I must figure out how to get some good old pear brandy moonshine in that diphragom thingy of yours - it'll dislodge that little bullet for you in no time. You'll get it out through the normal err... channels (just be careful around ladies for a day or two - maybe using a second condom during that period would be advisable).

Anyway I'm glad you're OK,
Your friend Slowmo

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
What he said!!! ^^^ :tu

Now diapragm you said? Which part of the body is that? top? bottom? front? I hope it doesn't have anything to do with your bee-hine? That would be embarrassing! I hope it's in your foot. Shelly's hubby is good with pulling things out of feet. She claims he found a maggot once - but I think she's just bragging.

According to gooooogle most ladies carry their diphrams in their purses. Too bad you don't have a purse, would have saved us all alot of worrying. Do you want me to talk to Beno? Just in case. For the future I mean. You would be a hit at GTGs!

I must figure out how to get some good old pear brandy moonshine in that diphragom thingy of yours - it'll dislodge that little bullet for you in no time. You'll get it out through the normal err... channels (just be careful around ladies for a day or two - maybe using a second condom during that period would be advisable).

Anyway I'm glad you're OK,
Your friend Slowmo:lmao :lmao :lmao priceless!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Glad you're alright...

Look at the bright side.. this makes one hell of a pickup line

marini martini
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I think you need to go to a GTG, & and charge money to show your scar. Kinda like a dollar dance, with kissing your boo boo as being optional. :elephant

Shelly
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
:lol @ Slomo...I was telling my friend about the maggot and got grossed out all over again.

Slydragon
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM

I know what you mean, about 2 years ago there was a drive by done on our house, it was not meant for me or my brothers it was meant towards one of my cousins dunno which one because most are into shit, but they know they have family at this house because it use to be my grandmas house since forever so they know this house.

Anyways, I was up playing games online it was about 3am and I started to hear shots and thought it was another house until I hear stuff braking in our house, My aunt was staying here also because she was in the process of moving from one house to another and her new home was not fully built yet so in all there were 11 people in the house that night. My brother was up in the front room playing pc games and heard them saw the window break and as he turn to look he got grazed in the ear, then jump down and my cousin on the couch was about to get up from the sound and he yank her down.

I jump to the floor and started to crawl to my moms and dads room where my daughter had decide to sleep that night, there room in upfront facing the street. I get her and take her to my room which is the very back room and lay her on the floor toward the middle of the room where most walls would be in the way. I then grab my flashlight and crawl to the living room and check on my 2 brother and 2 cousins it's dark and I just hear my brother says my ear hurts and I can't hear so I quickly check on him and see he is graze on the ear not bad but you can tell.

So the cops come and as we inspect out side the room where my Daughter and Mom and Dad were took 4 bullets and my aunt because she was there park on the yard and one bullet got stuck in the bed of her truck which was lined up straight to the window where my daughter was sleeping, That shit scares me. Where my cousin on the couch was right above his head about 6inch there were 2 bullets stuck in the pc desk. the one that grazed my brother got stuck in the kitchen. That was 2 years ago and Iam still affected by it.

It happen around 3am so after that no matter how tired I am I can't go to sleep unless it's past 3am that's why I am up all night. My daughter never sleeps upfront again she sleeps with me and I moved the bed to be the farthest it can be from the street and she sleep with me and I kinda of curl myself around her because I think if it happens again it can hit me and not her.

To this day I think wow we were all lucky, that many people in here and no one got killed, but some days I think about it so much I can't sleep and get scared to walk to the living room at night.

Glad your OK, the mental part is very hard to get over, Iam still trying and I did not get shot like yourself.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-07-2007, 10:29 PM
T.R.U 'cross ya stomach (ya stomach)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you batman. And Slydragon, that's horrible.

I-10 and Wurzbach, huh? I stay around there when I come to SA and have walked up and down Wurzbach many times. Didn't seem like a dangerous area. Maybe I'll stay elsewhere next time.

That is some truly random shit. 8 bullets into the trunk? WTF? Someone with a .45 just decided to use your friends car as target practice!?

I'm not having a go at anyone or making a political statement, but I sure am glad we don't have a gun culture in Oz.

RashoFan
11-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Batman, I am glad that you are doing better! I regret that I was not the Paramedic that got to cut off all your clothes in the ambulance....:eyebrows
Seriously though...I gald that you are still here!

marini martini
11-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that happened to you batman. And Slydragon, that's horrible.

I-10 and Wurzbach, huh? I stay around there when I come to SA and have walked up and down Wurzbach many times. Didn't seem like a dangerous area. Maybe I'll stay elsewhere next time.

That is some truly random shit. 8 bullets into the trunk? WTF? Someone with a .45 just decided to use your friends car as target practice!?

I'm not having a go at anyone or making a political statement, but I sure am glad we don't have a gun culture in Oz.

How funny Ruffy, You walk up and down Wurzbach with all the titty bar costume shops & titty bars on IHl10, honey, am amazed you haven't been raped or friggin' shot. :lol

easjer
11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm so glad you are going to be ok. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

ShoogarBear
11-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Was I the only one waiting for a Fresh Prince ending?

ShoogarBear
11-07-2007, 11:23 PM

then i passed out:lmao

LuvBones
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM
You live close to where I live, that's scary it happened right here. Glad to hear you've recovered. Sorry that happened to you and Slydragon as well. Ya'll are both great guys.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Crazy, good to hear you're alright.

marini martini
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Batman, I am glad that you are doing better! I regret that I was not the Paramedic that got to cut off all your clothes in the ambulance....:eyebrows

You would have been quick & neet, I know :elephant

marini martini
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Was I the only one waiting for a Fresh Prince ending?

No, u weren't, so twas I :toast

Spurfect
11-08-2007, 12:25 AM
wow that's crazy and scary that's the area we are in. pretty scary how random that is.. geez i didn't know that kind of stuff happened around here! glad you are ok batman. must have been a hell of an experience

Nbadan
11-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Glad your OK, but it's kinda hard to buy that this was strictly a random shooting....maybe some low-life saw you hittin on his girl....

Kori Ellis
11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Glad your OK, but it's kinda hard to buy that this was strictly a random shooting....maybe some low-life saw you hittin on his girl....

Unless someone followed them all the way from downtown to where the incident happened without the driver noticing, I don't believe it could be anything but random.

Nbadan
11-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Unless someone followed them all the way from downtown to where the incident happened without the driver noticing, I don't believe it could be anything but random.

....that wouldn't be hard..and I'm betting the driver was drinking some too...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2007, 01:38 AM
How funny Ruffy, You walk up and down Wurzbach with all the titty bar costume shops & titty bars on IHl10, honey, am amazed you haven't been raped or friggin' shot. :lol

I saw a couple of strip joints, but no costume shops... are you kidding or is it really a dangerous part of town? I wish someone would tell me these things! :lol

Yeah, I used to wander down Wurzbach to a bar where I know some people.

LuvBones
11-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Was it called the Irish Pub?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm having real trouble remembering - there is a place called Baker Street that a SA friend of mine used to go to (although I didn't find him there on my last trip - he wasn't answering his emails), then across the creek/storm water drain there's a free-standing bar, and that is the place. It's about half way between I-10 and Fredericksburg on Wurzbach. I ran into this really abusive guy and his son there one night, had one drink and out the door, but I was there looking for one of the barmaids who used to work at the Oak Hills Tavern, just to say hi.

Oak Hills Tavern is still the friendliest bar I think I've ever been to... actually, Paul and Mike's in Okinawa takes that cake, but OHT is a close second. :D

KEDA
11-08-2007, 07:19 AM
I-10 and Wurzbach huh?

looks like I'm going to need a kevlar vest when I go to work now!

Glad to see you are ok man, I was going to be pissed if I didn't have a Patron buddy at the GTGs.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
trust me nobody followed us from downtown, according to my friend the freeways were nearly empty till that part when someone drove up from behind and started shooting.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
wow that's crazy and scary that's the area we are in. pretty scary how random that is.. geez i didn't know that kind of stuff happened around here! glad you are ok batman. must have been a hell of an experience

yeah its not even a bad area either ive lived at my apartment for like 3 years now, i love it, you just gotta realize that there are a lot of crazy people out there in this world....thanks for the well wishes

sa_butta
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
trust me nobody followed us from downtown, according to my friend the freeways were nearly empty till that part when someone drove up from behind and started shooting.Happened to my father in law back in July. Totally random. He got shot 3 times. He was on his motorcycle and someone just pulled up behind him and shot. He is doing much better now but will probably never walk the same since one of the bullets shattered his femur.

11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
trust me nobody followed us from downtown, according to my friend the freeways were nearly empty till that part when someone drove up from behind and started shooting.

Flashed your high beams at them to get them to dim theirs, didn't you?

batman2883
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Happened to my father in law back in July. Totally random. He got shot 3 times. He was on his motorcycle and someone just pulled up behind him and shot. He is doing much better now but will probably never walk the same since one of the bullets shattered his femur.

sorry to hear that bro its just nuts what some people would do...and for no good reason at all.

sa_butta
11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
sorry to hear that bro its just nuts what some people would do...and for no good reason at all.They thought that it might have been a gang initiation.

Im just glad these shots were not fatal.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
tell me about it, those shots could have been fatal or completely damaged me for the rest of my life.......im still alive, im still here so i guess god still has plans for me yet. God works all things for good, this incident has just made me believe that even more, it helped show me who my real friends were, and im thankful to be blessed with so many friends that care about my well being, the nurse and dr's were like "man you must be a very popular person" i had a line outside my door to visit me pretty much everyday i was there

Shelly
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
yeah its not even a bad area either ive lived at my apartment for like 3 years now, i love it, you just gotta realize that there are a lot of crazy people out there in this world....thanks for the well wishes

It can happen anywhere. I live on a quiet street in a good 'hood. Last month, some drunken fool of 19 years of age decided that he had to find his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. Tried to break in one person's house, hopped the fence behind it and took a lampost in that person's yard and proceeded to hit their car that was in the driveway with it, smashing all their windows. He also decided to rip out all their accent lighting too. This was 3 houses down from me. Luckily, they caught him because he crashed his car in the next subdivision over.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
It can happen anywhere. I live on a quiet street in a good 'hood. Last month, some drunken fool of 19 years of age decided that he had to find his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. Tried to break in one person's house, hopped the fence behind it and took a lampost in that person's yard and proceeded to hit their car that was in the driveway with it, smashing all their windows. He also decided to rip out all their accent lighting too. This was 3 houses down from me. Luckily, they caught him because he crashed his car in the next subdivision over.

daaaaaannnnnnnnngggggggg its amazing what the power of a womans love can cause a man to do

Shelly
11-08-2007, 09:58 AM
daaaaaannnnnnnnngggggggg its amazing what the power of a womans love can cause a man to do

:lol No beyotch is worth that!

batman2883
11-08-2007, 10:00 AM
:lol No beyotch is worth that!

im sure a lot of alcohol was involved with that, some people just dont have any sense.....trust me i know people like that

peewee's lovechild
11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
You should've kept saying "I'm Batman" in rough deep voice.

That would've been cool.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
ha ha ha they did ask me my name and if i knew where i was at i should have said, san antonio, the hospital......who are you.....i am batman

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
ha ha ha they did ask me my name and if i knew where i was at i should have said, san antonio, the hospital......who are you.....i am batman

The thing is, somebody probably would have asked, "Are you that guy from Spurstalk?"

Shelly
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
The thing is, somebody probably would have asked, "Are you that guy from Spurstalk?"

:lol :lol That would have been hilarious!

Phenomanul
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Get better soon bats...

A .45 lodged in your diaphragm huh.... well, of course you know this means that every time you go through a security detection point you are going to find yourself explaining this story to the security officer. :lol

ORION
11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
you would have said "Oh no Batman they shot the tip of your penis off !!"
Batman : No, I'm just not circumcised

whottt
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Good to hear you are ok man. Damn...a .45 in the chest, you are lucky to be alive. You must be living right :tu

My question:

Did it hurt when the bullet went in? The way you described it, it sounded like you didn't actually feel getting shot, but that you woke up becuase you just couldn't breathe and then it started to hurt.

Is that true? Freaking amzing if it is.

whottt
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
And this kind of stuff can happen anywhere...once when I was driving down sixth street, this dude pulled a gun on me and theatened to shoot me if I didn't stop looking at him(I wasn't even looking at his dumb ass, I was checking out his car, stupid motherfucker shouldn't drive a nice car if he doesn't want people checking it out). This Guy down the street from me came home and found someone breaking into his house and the robber shot him and killed him.

Fucked up stuff happens...and you don't have to be doing anything to deserve it...

batman2883
11-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Good to hear you are ok man. Damn...a .45 in the chest, you are lucky to be alive. You must be living right :tu

My question:

Did it hurt when the bullet went in? The way you described it, it sounded like you didn't actually feel getting shot, but that you woke up becuase you just couldn't breathe and then it started to hurt.

Is that true? Freaking amzing if it is.

answer to your question no i didnt feel the bullet go in the only reason i knew i was shot was cause after i couldnt breathe i was like it stings on my side so i touched where it stung and i was gushing out blood.....

batman2883
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
And this kind of stuff can happen anywhere...once when I was driving down sixth street, this dude pulled a gun on me and theatened to shoot me if I didn't stop looking at him(I wasn't even looking at his dumb ass, I was checking out his car, stupid motherfucker shouldn't drive a nice car if he doesn't want people checking it out). This Guy down the street from me came home and found someone breaking into his house and the robber shot him and killed him.

Fucked up stuff happens...and you don't have to be doing anything to deserve it...

trust me i know that more than anything now, but the funny thing is a lot of people started to think ill of me and i was like look if you knew me you would know i would never put myself in any situation where something like this might happen, i have a bright future ahead of me and i plan on keeping the steady track im on. Heck i dont even have a speeding ticket cause i wanted a clean slate just in case i decide to join the fbi or something after school.

JoeChalupa
11-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear all is well. :tu

ORION
11-08-2007, 11:34 AM
answer to your question no i didnt feel the bullet go in the only reason i knew i was shot was cause after i couldnt breathe i was like it stings on my side so i touched where it stung and i was gushing out blood.....
wouldn't it have been cool if your blood came out looking like the Predator's blood.

whottt
11-08-2007, 11:35 AM

Thanks for answering, it's not everyday you get to talk to someone who got shot by a .45. I bet it is a life changing experience.

ORION
11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
trust me i know that more than anything now, but the funny thing is a lot of people started to think ill of me and i was like look if you knew me you would know i would never put myself in any situation where something like this might happen, i have a bright future ahead of me and i plan on keeping the steady track im on. Heck i dont even have a speeding ticket cause i wanted a clean slate just in case i decide to join the fbi or something after school.
Female Body Inspectors do not require clear records just an FYI

batman2883
11-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks for answering, it's not everyday you get to talk to someone who got shot by a .45. I bet it is a life changing experience.

completely you just learn to appreciate every bit of life now, you treasure each moment with friends and family that much more as well

midgetonadonkey
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Batman.

whottt
11-08-2007, 11:45 AM
trust me i know that more than anything now, but the funny thing is a lot of people started to think ill of me and i was like look if you knew me you would know i would never put myself in any situation where something like this might happen,

That says more about them then it does about you...

I think for some people, that's the way they have to look at things for life to make sense to them. You know...when something bad happens...the people deserved it....

Doesn't mean they're right. They're wrong. Life definitely doesn't work that way.

And that outlook is definitely a glass house that's going to get shattered for them, sooner or later.

i have a bright future ahead of me and i plan on keeping the steady track im on. Heck i dont even have a speeding ticket cause i wanted a clean slate just in case i decide to join the fbi or something after school.

Good luck with that :tu

batman2883
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
thanks and you're right people are always quick to judge

ORION
11-08-2007, 01:18 PM
thanks and you're right people are always quick to judge
I judge that you need to buy me some nachos

Sunshine
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
thanks kori i really appreciated you calling to check up on me, i was seriously drugged up for most of the week, morphine is a powerful drug, thats all they kept giving me cause i couldnt sleep due to the pain in my back, side and stomach

Kori is awesome about checking up on her friends. When I was in the hospital, she called to check on me too. Little things like that go a long, long way.

I don't know you except from your posts here, but nonetheless I'm glad you're out of the hospital and on the road to recovery.

batman2883
11-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Kori is awesome about checking up on her friends. When I was in the hospital, she called to check on me too. Little things like that go a long, long way.

I don't know you except from your posts here, but nonetheless I'm glad you're out of the hospital and on the road to recovery.

thank you very much and you're right, i consider everyone here at ST family, and Kori is like the mother to us all ha ha ha right Kori!!! Anywho, thanks for the well wishes

Mixability
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
What's the deal with the driver. I heard he had brass knucks, a gun, and was arrested? Was the gun registered? If not, why were you rolling with a dude that has an unregistered gun?

CavsSuperFan
11-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Batman- I am glad that you are OK & I hope that you heal physically, spiritually & mentally...You will need a password to post in the Trolls foum...

batman2883
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
i dont know about the stuff he had on him, he's a good friend of mine that use to work with me a while back, we've always hung out together and ive never had any reason to fear for my life or need the use of any type of weapon when hanging with him.....so i have no idea about those things they found on him.

tlongII
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
i dont know about the stuff he had on him, he's a good friend of mine that use to work with me a while back, we've always hung out together and ive never had any reason to fear for my life or need the use of any type of weapon when hanging with him.....so i have no idea about those things they found on him.

Hopefully he gets his act together.

ShoogarBear
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
it helped show me who my real friends were, and im thankful to be blessed with so many friends that care about my well being, the nurse and dr's were like "man you must be a very popular person" i had a line outside my door to visit me pretty much everyday i was thereDid Beno come by?

ShoogarBear
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Kori is awesome about checking up on her friends. When I was in the hospital, she called to check on me too. Little things like that go a long, long way.Who shot you?

Photobucket
11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/bat-gang.jpg

Photobucket
11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/bat-gang2.jpg

Photobucket
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/scar-bat.jpg

angel_luv
11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Welcome back Bat!

Glad to hear you are doing okay! :)

marini martini
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Soooooooo what kind of pain killers are you on? You wanna come to my house for Thanx Giving???????????????????????????? :toast

Howard K Stern
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/bat-gang.jpg

:lol

Nbadan
11-09-2007, 03:03 AM

12 bullet holes bro....either someone cleared a clip on your ass, or they took the time to reload.....either way, that's not random....

Tonto
11-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Soooooooo what kind of pain killers are you on?

no pale face pill can take away true pain

Logan
11-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Bottom line..

Glad you are ok dude!!

Mulchie
11-09-2007, 03:47 AM
keep the flame burning!

Cry Havoc
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Dude, this is pretty weak sauce. You really need to work on your bullet dodging skills while you're asleep. =P

It's late, but I just read this thread. I hope you continue to get better. Live life to the fullest and remember how precious it all is.

All the same, you've had a hell of a year. The Spurs won the title and you beat down a 45 caliber bullet!

whottt
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
12 bullet holes bro....either someone cleared a clip on your ass, or they took the time to reload.....either way, that's not random....

And I still call BS on this...

I mean, it certainly might not have been random...

But it certainly could have been random as well...

A friend of mine got stabbed 30 something times for cutting a dude off in traffic once upon a time.

People are fucking crazy...and the most trivial of things can lead to something like this.

Yeah his friend could be in a gang or something...or he could have just shot the bird at the wrong group of dudes on the highway. And they just happened to have some guns and be looking for a reason to use them.

You are naive Dan, if you think people are sane unless given a reason not to be...it's a crazy ass world, and there are a lot of angry and frustrated people out there.

TheTruth
11-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Next time I'm gonna get you in the head motherfucker. That's how I roll....

FortuneCookie
11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
You are one lucky bat.

Lucky Numbers: 10, 24, 26, 33, 38, 45

Nbadan
11-10-2007, 01:43 AM
You are naive Dan, if you think people are sane unless given a reason not to be...it's a crazy ass world, and there are a lot of angry and frustrated people out there.

Quit living off what you see on T.V., if your street-smart SA is a pretty safe place...the shooting might have been random, but that many times tells me that someone was pissed, and really stoned or drunk if they didn't hit the driver after that many tries..

MannyIsGod
11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Quit living off what you see on T.V., if your street-smart SA is a pretty safe place...the shooting might have been random, but that many times tells me that someone was pissed, and really stoned or drunk if they didn't hit the driver after that many tries..I hate you.

DIA(random or not)F

xcoriate
11-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Whoa, I did not know about this, but I am happy to hear your doing ok. That's some frightful stuff there, although it sounds like your keeping your head straight. Things like that can certainly mess someone up.

..and Ruff I can agree with you about Aus :cooldevil

batman2883
11-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Whoa, I did not know about this, but I am happy to hear your doing ok. That's some frightful stuff there, although it sounds like your keeping your head straight. Things like that can certainly mess someone up.

..and Ruff I can agree with you about Aus :cooldevil
sure can but its all about making it through hard times, isnt that what defines us as humans?