PDA

View Full Version : Sarkozy, R-France?

Yonivore
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Democrats “want to turn America into what France is trying to undo." Ouch!

Is Nicolas Sarkozy a Republican? That may explain why his visit to Washington commands the same Page One coverage George Galloway received. Certainly, Republican leaders are treating him like Reagan on the Seine. Sarkozy addressed Congress today.

Said Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell:

“We just had an opportunity to hear from the president of France. If you look at their agenda, the new majority here: higher taxes, doing things like getting rid of the secret ballot in labor union elections, no trade deals, they want to turn America into what France is trying to undo. They want to turn us into France when even the French are having second thoughts. . . . So it’s pretty clear to me that the new majority in this Congress would be very comfortable in the old France.”
Republicans rolled out their list of accomplishments (http://republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_Id=116) by this Democratic Congress:

59 votes on Iraq

400+ Executive Branch Investigations or Inquiries

800+ Oversight Hearings

675+ Requests for Documents, Interviews or Testimony

Oh, and the did pass an increase in the minimum wage, affecting less than 2% of all workers.
Still unfinished: Reauthorizing SCHIP, any part of the federal budget, the annual fix of the AMT, confirming the appointment of an attorney general (47 days and counting).

But hey, at least they aren’t wasting their time with resolutions calling for the impeachment of anyone …

Oops. Strike that.

Holt's Cat
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Which blog did you lift that post from?

Yonivore
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Which blog did you lift that post from?
google it.

Holt's Cat
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2007/11/07/sarkozy-r-france/

Sooner or later your plagiarism will catch up with you.

Yonivore
11-07-2007, 05:40 PM
http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2007/11/07/sarkozy-r-france/
See, I knew you could do it.

Nbadan
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
This was probably the most significant thing Sarkozy has said in the last two days...

Sarkozy: Dollar drop could lead to "economic war"
Wed Nov 7, 2007 12:07pm EST

WASHINGTON, Nov 7 (Reuters) - French President Nicolas Sarkozy on Wednesday accused the United States of standing by as the U.S. dollar falls, warning that risks of an "economic war" in global trade were rising.

"Those who admire the nation that has built the world's greatest economy and has never ceased trying to persuade the world of the advantages of free trade expect her to be the first to promote fair exchange rates," Sarkozy said in a speech to a joint session of U.S. Congress.

"The (Chinese) yuan is already everyone's problem. The dollar cannot remain solely the problem of others. If we're not careful, monetary disarray could morph into economic war. We would all be its victims," Sarkozy said.

His comments came as the U.S. dollar dropped to a record low against the euro. European businesses and some officials have complained that the euro's strength is threatening to undermine growth in the euro zone.

The United States has repeatedly expressed its support for a strong dollar, and has said currency values should be set in open, competitive markets. However, some analysts believe Washington has welcomed the dollar's decline, which is boosting U.S. exports at a time when a housing slump is weighing on economic growth.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
You blog haters are laughable. Most blogs are bullshit, but there are some really good ones too.

Trouble is, determining which ones. That takes a little research which most liberals fail to do.

Conservative bloggers are likely more reliable for the truth than liberals. Still, some conservative bloggers are losers too.

Yonivore
11-07-2007, 06:02 PM
You blog haters are laughable. Most blogs are bullshit, but there are some really good ones too.

Trouble is, determining which ones. That takes a little research which most liberals fail to do.

Conservative bloggers are likely more reliable for the truth than liberals. Still, some conservative bloggers are losers too.
I only steal from bloggers with whom I agree and who link to their sources for the factual information they include in their blog opinions.

I don't steal stuff I wouldn't have written myself if I had the time time, resources, and connections they do.

This forum isn't a creative writing class, it's an exchange of ideas. If I can't articulate an idea or if I don't understand the idea being expressed in a blog I frequently plagiarize, you won't see it posted here.

Don't like it, oh well. Put me on ignore.

clambake
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't steal stuff

I only steal from bloggers

Conservative bloggers are likely more reliable for the truth than liberals.

SRJ
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Bitching about plagiarism is a good way to avoid the issue. :tu

Wild Cobra
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
What's your problem Clamy? Yoni hit it right on. He takes from bloggers that source there material. That's what I do also on rare occasions. I don't follow blogs, but sometimes run across good ones on searches.

Nice job being like the liberal media... taking things out of context...

Your true colors of propaganda, slander, and lies show.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
:lol

So now we like France.

Notify the congressional cafeteria!

clambake
11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
What's your problem Clamy? Yoni hit it right on. He takes from bloggers that source there material. That's what I do also on rare occasions. I don't follow blogs, but sometimes run across good ones on searches.

Nice job being like the liberal media... taking things out of context...

Your true colors of propaganda, slander, and lies show.
you should end every sentence with "because I say so".

Yonivore
11-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Bitching about plagiarism is a good way to avoid the issue. :tu
Yes, apparently.

Holt's Cat
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
It's funny how accountability is preached, but not practiced.

The resident left wing nutjob bot can manage to provide a link. So why can't the right wing version do likewise?

As for the subject matter, I have no disagreement with it. So what exactly am I avoiding?

PixelPusher
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Is Nicolas Sarkozy a Republican?
http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=25&story_id=39464

PARIS, May 6, 2007 (AFP) - President-elect Nicolas Sarkozy said Sunday that the United States can count on friendship from France but urged Washington to show leadership in the struggle against global warming.

Sarkozy, who won Sunday's presidential election to succeed Jacques Chirac, said "a great nation like the United States has the duty to not create obstacles in the struggle against global warming."

"Quite the contrary, it should take the lead in this battle because what is at stake is all of humanity," said the rightwinger, who won 53 percent of the vote, according to projections.

"France will make this battle it's first battle," he said.
Apparently not as Republican as Yoni would like.