PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Jason Williams

theroc5
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
for pissing off manu....man before that we were sleep walking....

Amare_32
11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Somewhere Barkley is yelling GINOBILI.

pawe
11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
what did he do to manu?

thekingrobert
11-07-2007, 10:35 PM
maybe he said you can't play white boy

SuperManu!!!
11-07-2007, 10:39 PM
WHo said white boys can't jump? :p

E20
11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Actually it started in the 1st half. I think Ricky Davis caught Ginobili with an elbow. Then at the start of the 3rd Q, after a broken play, J-Will was going after the ball still and pushed Manu in the back. Then Manu started getting Williams grill and then later on Manu was exchanging words with Ricky Davis and then well, after that.........Manu was El Contusion.

pawe
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
somebody should flick manu's nose every game

timvp
11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
WHo said white boys can't jump? :pI thought Manu was hispanic.

:stirpot:

G-Nob
11-07-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought Manu was hispanic.

If you want to get technical, Argentinians are actually considered "Europeans" since Argentina is mostly made up of immigrants from Europe and Spain.

Not to spend too much time on that, just wanted to throw that in there.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM
If you want to get technical, Argentinians are actually considered "Europeans" since Argentina is mostly made up of immigrants from Europe and Spain.

Not to spend too much time on that, just wanted to throw that in there.:lol

santymrc
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
:lol

In fact, Spain is inside Europe, so, with Europe was enough to say.

Oberto, Hermann, Nocioni, Manu, Delfino... I don't know if white mans can jump, but Argentinians for sure, hehe.

G-Nob
11-07-2007, 11:45 PM
In fact, Spain is inside Europe, so, with Europe was enough to say.

Oberto, Hermann, Nocioni, Manu, Delfino... I don't know if white mans can jump, but Argentinians for sure, hehe.

I dont care what color you are. Just bring the fire and keep dunkin on 7+ footers!

E20
11-07-2007, 11:46 PM
LMAO I think Timvp was joking, becaue the topic of Manu being white/european/hispanic has been covered in great detail with tempers flaring, so he just wanted to mention that as a gag. Hence the :stirpot:.

G-Nob
11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Sorry, I missed out on that convo, timvp.

Note to rest of the class: Don't get upset so easily if someone gets white/euro/hispanic mixed up. All of our continents used to be connected anyway.

santymrc
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I dont care what color you are. Just bring the fire and keep dunkin on 7+ footers!

:clap :clap :clap

some_user86
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
That is right. Argentineans are 87.7% White (of Italian or Spanish Descent). Only 5.2% of the population is Mestizo. The rest are Arabs (3.7%), and only 3.4% are the original natives (3.4%). As far as I can tell, Argentineans are majority Italian speakers, suggesting a majority of this group among the population.

This is very similar to Puerto Rico and Cuba where the entire population of natives (and most mixed mestizos) have been nearly wiped out by European inhabitation. By far, the majority (close to 75%) is European in ancestry, with the majority of the rest either mulatto or mestizo. Only a very, very small fraction is original native.

Compare this to Mexico, where the estimates of mestizo populations rises to as high as 75%. Pure white ancestry is only around 10% of the population.

I think it is very fair to consider Manu as being white. He speaks Italian and Spanish fluently. His name suggests that he has strong Italian ancestry. As such, I don't think he can be considered 'Hispanic' which refers to pertaining to the Iberian peninsula. I think the peoples who populated the former Spanish colonies are different. But considering that Argentina has such strong Italian influence, I think it's unusual to call populations from their Hispanic. Like you wont' call Brazilians Hispanic (who have majority Portuguese descent with an influential African ancestry and very few natives or mestizos). I think that's why people just refer to the populations as Latino to skip this whole mess.

--
Ethnography is fun. :)

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Thank you MANU for taking the summer off !

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
That is right. Argentineans are 87.7% White (of Italian or Spanish Descent). Only 5.2% of the population is Mestizo. The rest are Arabs (3.7%), and only 3.4% are the original natives (3.4%). As far as I can tell, Argentineans are majority Italian speakers, suggesting a majority of this group among the population.

What percentage is fleeing WW2 war criminals?

G-Nob
11-07-2007, 11:59 PM

santymrc
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM

That was a chip shot.

We are not responsible for what our governors made 50 years ago. It was wrong, but still, we weren't the only ones -that doesn't mean we didn't do it-. I suggest you to dig inside the US advanced technology from that time, and you'll find out a lot of Nazi Germans have developed them.
Just don't load this all on us.

thekingrobert
11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Hispanic is not a color and it was sarcasm

some_user86
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Hispanic is not a color and it was sarcasm

I don't know who you are referring to, but I think I mentioned that Hispanic refers to pertaining to Spanish culture and ethnicity. Argentina has a more dominant Italian culture compared to Hispanic culture and ethnicity. And I think white, in the definition used, refers to European ancestry, not skin color. I don't think I ever talked about skin color, or at least the way I meant to use the word "white". (Because as far as I know, no one calls me "brown". *shrug* They refer to me by my ethnicity, which makes me believe that "white" refers to European culture, not necessarily skin color.)

Southwest Texas Fan
11-08-2007, 02:18 AM
I thought Manu was hispanic.

Are you trying to stir something? :lol

kimberly
11-08-2007, 06:39 AM
I thought it was Ricky Davis. Didn't they say Manu and Ricky Davis kept jawing at each other? They said Manu said something to Ricky after he made one of his many 3s. You don't really want to anger Manu any more than you have to, if you don't have to.....lol:

Didn't they learn anything from last POs in game 3 against PHX when Manu got his eyes scratched by Marion? Manu can take over the game.

urunobili
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Not to spend too much time on that, just wanted to throw that in there.
sorry to dissapoint you but that would be Uruguay... you should visit northern argentina or start saying "Buenos Aires" instead... :devil

Phenomanul
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't know who you are referring to, but I think I mentioned that Hispanic refers to pertaining to Spanish culture and ethnicity. Argentina has a more dominant Italian culture compared to Hispanic culture and ethnicity. And I think white, in the definition used, refers to European ancestry, not skin color. I don't think I ever talked about skin color, or at least the way I meant to use the word "white". (Because as far as I know, no one calls me "brown". *shrug* They refer to me by my ethnicity, which makes me believe that "white" refers to European culture, not necessarily skin color.)

Latino

some_user86
11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Latino

Yeah, that's the cop-out we use to refer to anyone not from Anglo dominant regions of the Americas. In other words, anyone outside of US (I'm assuming everyone knows that Canada is really the 51st state :) ).

hater
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
exactly what I was thinking

Pipi Davis and wigga pissed off manu

hater
11-08-2007, 11:11 AM
in the USA Manu is a spic and that's all there is to it.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-08-2007, 11:23 AM
sorry to dissapoint you but that would be Uruguay... you should visit northern argentina or start saying "Buenos Aires" instead... :devil

This is actually correct. Most of the population of European descent in Argentina lives in Buenos Airea and Rosario. The rest of the country presents a majority of people with native descent. Also, althouth Argentians have a very strong Italian presence, it is not true most of them speak Italian or that they are considered Italian. Somehow somebody started making people believe this. Those who are of European descent speak Spanish as their mother tongue and only some of those who come from Italian families speak some Italian. Very few are actually fluent after 3 or 4 generations.

The Italian language's major influence in Buenos Aires has been the language itself adding a lot of words to the vernacular spanish and changing the way pronounciation and sounds work for their spoken spanish.

Uruguay is a country where most of their people descend from European ancestry with very little mestizo and black numbers. The native population in Uruguay was literally decimated in the 19th century with just a handful of persons claiming native ancestry.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, that's the cop-out we use to refer to anyone not from Anglo dominant regions of the Americas. In other words, anyone outside of US (I'm assuming everyone knows that Canada is really the 51st state :) ).

Argentines, Cubans, Mexicans, the Spanish, Puerto Ricans, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, etc. could all be considered Latinos even if they look like Ken & Barbie. Any country or region that was/is part of the Spanish Crown could be considered Latin, even Portugal and Brazil. It's a liberal interpretation. btw the official language of Argentina is Spanish with a strong accent and a distinct Italian lilt.

edit: sorry I worded it wrong, made it sound like Brazil and Portugal were part of the Spanish Crown which is incorrect, however still a latino culture.

hater
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't understand the ppl here. If Manu goes to Nashville, tenesse or 99% of other country towns he will be considered a mexican and be offered a job as a fruit picker.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Manu jaw at anyone and I definitely saw him jaw at Ricky Davis and Davis has always been a bit of a punk and a loud mouth. Wonder what Davis said back to Manu that pissed him off even more?

hater
11-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Wonder what Davis said back to Manu that pissed him off even more?

called him a mexican?

ArgSpursFan.
11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
This is actually correct. Most of the population of European descent in Argentina lives in Buenos Airea and Rosario. The rest of the country presents a majority of people with native descent. Also, althouth Argentians have a very strong Italian presence, it is not true most of them speak Italian or that they are considered Italian. Somehow somebody started making people believe this. Those who are of European descent speak Spanish as their mother tongue and only some of those who come from Italian families speak some Italian. Very few are actually fluent after 3 or 4 generations.

thatīs not correct.
Like the other poster said,most of the Argentinian Population is European,and not only In BS AS and Rosario,
Of course most of the italians are in BS AS and The province of Santa fe along with most of the spanish who came down after the civil war,but in the southern part of the country,there are the Germans(most of them ex nazis with their families)
them on the North East there is a big popation of nothern Europeans (people form Poland,Ucrania,Russia etc)
And Finally on the North West part of Arg,there is a big population of Muslims(from Sirya,Libanon,Irak,Iran ect) Spanish and some Italians as well.
that is about the 80 % of the population, them the other 20 % are mestizos,and Indians.
Most Mestizos in Argentina nowdays are millons of Imigrants from Bolivia,Peru and Paraguay who come to Argentina trying to get a better life.

BTW,Iīm back.

ancestron
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I seem to remember Manu jawing with Nowitzki in the 06 semis.

as for White Chocolate, all he did was let everyone see how much of a punk he really is.. Kinda like Carmelo Anthony's cheap push in the back in last season's playoffs. You'd think NBA players would know by now not to aggrivate the Argentinian.

Cherry
11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Wonder what Davis said back to Manu that pissed him off even more?

I want to know! :devil

I seem to remember Manu jawing with Nowitzki in the 06 semis.

I remember that look of Manu :makemyday

nfg3
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=santymrc]That was a chip shot.

We are not responsible for what our governors made 50 years ago. It was wrong, but still, we weren't the only ones -that doesn't mean we didn't do it-. I suggest you to dig inside the US advanced technology from that time, and you'll find out a lot of Nazi Germans have developed them.
Just don't load this all on us.[/QUOTE

Agreed. FYI - Saturn 5 rocket was developed by Werner Von Braun who the US smuggled out of Germany just ahead of the Soviets who wanted him, too. Both sides came in and took what thye wanted, materials and people, in order to advance their "causes". The US also employed many Nazis in civil postions since they were already familar with the infrastructure. The US are not saints but I don't think he was dumping solely on Argentina.

Regardless of what happened the old adage - Money talks and BS walks" - still holds true. Sometimes it changes to "Knowledge/Power talks and Ethics walk".

fyatuk
11-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Sorry, I missed out on that convo, timvp.

Note to rest of the class: Don't get upset so easily if someone gets white/euro/hispanic mixed up. All of our continents used to be connected anyway.

That's right, we're all Pangeanic! :smokin

Obstructed_View
11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
in the USA Manu is a spic and that's all there is to it.

I don't understand the ppl here. If Manu goes to Nashville, tenesse or 99% of other country towns he will be considered a mexican and be offered a job as a fruit picker.

You are a dumbfuck.

remingtonbo2001
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
That's right, we're all Pangeanic! :smokin

Words from a wiseman. :clap

Can't it be enough we are all given the gift of conscience mind and just leave it at that.

The Red Hood
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I just saw a close up video (on KSAT12 Sports) of the Manu and Williams "confrontation" and from what I could hear, it went something like this.

Manu: "Why did you push me?"
Williams: "Man, *beep* *beep* *beep*!"
I couldn't hear exactly what Manu said after this but, I know while Manu was walking away Williams yelled out..."Man, Shut the fuck up!"

What really pissed me off was after Williams pushed Manu the whole Heat bench started laughing.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I just saw a close up video (on KSAT12 Sports) of the Manu and Williams "confrontation" and from what I could hear, it went something like this.

Manu: "Why did you push me?"
Williams: "Man, *beep* *beep* *beep*!"
I couldn't hear exactly what Manu said after this but, I know while Manu was walking away Williams yelled out..."Man, Shut the fuck up!"

What really pissed me off was after Williams pushed Manu the whole Heat bench started laughing.

I hope every single team we play pisses Manu off in their own way, from now on.

carina_gino20
11-10-2007, 04:43 AM
there's a video of it in woai but it doesn't show the push clearly. pretty good angle though for when jason and manu exchanged 'words.'

anyone has a video of the push?

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=15

Man, they just don't get it. Don't mess with Manu.

TheAuthority
11-10-2007, 04:57 AM
@ carina: Tony Parker looking wild homo in your sig.

Cherry
11-10-2007, 08:51 AM
there's a video of it in woai but it doesn't show the push clearly. pretty good angle though for when jason and manu exchanged 'words.'

anyone has a video of the push?

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=15

Man, they just don't get it. Don't mess with Manu.

Yeah, some players just don't get it. :toast