PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
We got outrebounded by "an astronomical margin" last night against the Rockets. But isn't it cool that we got beat hardcore in that area of the game but still had a very legitimate chance of winning until ~4:00 left?

I knew the facts but dwelt on it today at work, and I realize, that loss last night, wasn't all that bad. Normally, after the Spurs lose ugly style to Houston I get really pissed. But after last night's game I wasn't. And now I know why.

Last season I said the Spurs would exhibit a "Laker Mentality" where they act all pompous and holier than thou. I think I was one year premature in that prediction. Thanks to the blessing of free League Pass, I truely believe this is the year where the spurs will play the most confident/pompous ball they will ever play. Duncan is having his usual slow start, but it is not affecting the play to play flow of a game that his slow start used to. We are entering with some fresh blood and more cap flexibility. As a whole, we are rested, energized, and most important of all....calm and confident.

I see a spurs team this season that is playing like they never stopped last season, a spurs team that is playing with an oozing confidence I expected in 2004, 2005, 2006, even last year. I'm finally seeing it this year, however this confidence is concomitant with what I call the "Laker Mentality". Yet another silver lining: the spurs are such a small market that the "Mentality" will hardly get any news coverage and comment. This serves to reduce the effect and the chances of the "Mentality" ending in disaster (see: Lakers 2003 Game 6 round 2). Chances are, this will go down like any other season, with us under the radar, but this year will be special. We are going to finally put it to all the inferior teams we can and should beat.

The result of this season could end up going down more pivotal to the spurs franchise than any other season in its history. Having the ultimate/confident mentality will help this team accomplish something noone ever has given them a chance to do.

So brace yo'selves and be prepared for July so we can PUT THE FIVES UP I SAIDDDDDDDDDDD

E20
11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
PUT THE FIVES UP I SAIDDDDDDDDDDD
LMAO LMAO

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2007, 10:49 PM
put-'em-up!!!!!!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-07-2007, 10:56 PM
|||||
|||||)
||||||

(imagine that is my right hand ;) )

BTW, have to agree with you. Although at times they look out of sync (expected early in the season), they look far more coordinated on O than I expected for November, and the D will come around.

In fact, they look like guys who know exactly what they need to do to get where they want to be, and that they know there's no rush. A great way to be if you are defending champs.

E20
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I feel really good about this season for some reason. REAL GOOD. Sure it's the begining of the season, but the Spurs have looked prime so far. Manu looks like 2005 Manu except better, Parker is improving and getting better. Tim doesn't need to go all out and I love that about him, he doesn't care about getting his (stats), so he'll be ready and fresh for the PO's. The Spurs bench looks pretty good as well, they are averaging 45.3 PPG a leauge high I think. Knock on wood nobody gets injured, Spurs have a good chance of repeating, most of their opposition has stayed the same. I can't wait until Spurs play Boston.

anjlbitz
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I seriously thought this was about the uniforms