PDA

View Full Version : Tim sleepwalking?

TDfan2007
11-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I haven't seen him play this passionless in a while, what's up? I guess he just doesn't feel the need to exert himself out there anymore. Maybe he's just in a funk.

Phenomanul
11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
He's taking a page from Horry's book.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-07-2007, 11:38 PM
:lol Dam he's going to be there when it counts. Jeez.

G-Nob
11-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Its called November. You can crawl back under your rock now.

porscha
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
discounted salary=discounted performance :lol :lol :lol

itzsoweezee
11-07-2007, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen him play this passionless in a while

i remember the same tim duncan the first few months last year too. it's no big deal

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I didn't watch the last two games yet, but did watch the Grizzlies game and the Sacto game, and certainly against the Grizz Timmy was bringing weaksauce. Pau and Darko are decent defenders, but Tim was being out-muscled and out-positioned all night.

As I commented last playoffs, strangely Tim isn't playing very smart - sometimes he drives time and again against quicker guys, and tries over and ober to out-muscle bigger guys, rather than the opposite. He has also totally lost his left hand (when he was younger he had a great left hand), doesn't use spin moves and power drop-steps enough, and hasn't pulled the banker out yet. All in all, WTF Timmy?

I love the guy, and maybe he's waiting for later in the season to open up his bag of tricks, but sometimes I wonder whether he's finding it harder and harder to care now that he has 4 rings..? Nah, that's harsh, he cares, he just does some odd things for a very smart player... and it is November.

I wish he had that fire he used to have though, where if he got angry he'd pull out some wicked spin move or drop step, dunk it and hang on the rim like monkey-bars! Bring that shit back! These days if he gets angry he just whines or looks incredulous, and he has to stop that. He's not getting the calls he used to, so he'd better start taking it stronger again.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Tim is sleepwalking and we ar 4-1, well shit wait till he wakes up. Come on aren't we at the point now with this team that reg season stats for Timmy do not really matter?? It is all about getting through the REG season with a good enough record seed wise for the playoffs and then Timmy will do his thing and try to lead us to another finals. I mean Timmy was brilliant in the playoffs last year and i have no doubt he will be there when it counts again.

ducks
11-08-2007, 12:05 AM
have you never watched the spurs first 10 games in the past seasons
duncan sucks then then takes the league by storm

dbreiden83080
11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
have you never watched the spurs first 10 games in the past seasons
duncan sucks then then takes the league by storm

He will be about 20 and 10 again this year and then come playoff time, 24 and 12 just like always he is still the MAN!!!!

ducks
11-08-2007, 12:08 AM
no shit

telecomguy
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Tim is sleepwalking and we ar 4-1, well shit wait till he wakes up. Come on aren't we at the point now with this team that reg season stats for Timmy do not really matter?? It is all about getting through the REG season with a good enough record seed wise for the playoffs and then Timmy will do his thing and try to lead us to another finals. I mean Timmy was brilliant in the playoffs last year and i have no doubt he will be there when it counts again.

Tim is in his 10th year....I think he knows it's a long season. I mean he is only putting up 10 to 13 shots a game and letting his younger stars go (parker & Gino) for 20 shots. I think he will build up slowly but surely during the season so that by the end of the season when the playoffs loom, he will be more active and dominant. It's a LONG SEASON!

SequSpur
11-08-2007, 12:10 AM
wtf?

can we get on with the playoffs already... shit....

dbreiden83080
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
no shit

Ok, have a :drunk settle down.

T Park
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Its the 5th game in.

77 to go.

Its about like when you were in school and its middle of August.

Your still sleepwalkin through school.

telecomguy
11-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Its the 5th game in.

77 to go.

Its about like when you were in school and its middle of August.

Your still sleepwalkin through school.

Meanwhile Nash is playing like close to 40 minutes a game and Amare is already injured and Duncan is playing like 30 to 33 minutes a game and letting Gino and Parker do their thing as well as allowing Bonner, Elson and Udoka to get into the mix.......this is what 4 rings gives you - quite confidence that yes regular season still matters and home court IS IMPORTANT but as long as Spurs are winning, they don't need to push TD into the limelight and player of the week honors AND burning him out because of course the real purpose is to win the 5th ring for Spurs. So I expect a steady progression towards May/June as always.

E20
11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
When Tim sleepwalks, Ginobili and Parker are a nightmare for the opposing team. :smokin

YODA
11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Umm...TD has had a slow start almost every year. come on people, I know alot of you already know this.

telecomguy
11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Umm...TD has had a slow start almost every year. come on people, I know alot of you already know this.

Nash was 7-of-10 from 3-point range.

"They cleaned up everything on the glass," he said. "We missed a lot of shots and couldn't overcome that lack of efficiency."

Steve, Amare didn't play today and Skinner got like 4 minutes so you had Marion and Diaw as your rebounders.....what do you expect? Dantoni doesn;t seem to understand that you need like 3 or 4 quality Bigs in NBA to have a chance of winning the ring. Suns have gimpy Amare, Skinner and Marks. That is a pathetic frontline. And I can't believe that there are so many pundits and so called experts that have Suns winning everything.

Capt Bringdown
11-08-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm not concerned with Tim (Hell, not really concerned with anything so early in the season) but...

I keep looking at our roster and outside of the big 3, wondering where the points are gonna come from, if we need 'em. Some guys are lookin' mighty mighty old right now.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Still, I wish Tim would stop bringing weak shit then complaining to the refs. If you're going to bring it weak, suck it up like a man when you get rejected.

Vingianx
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

can't stop laughing about this one

BeerIsGood!
11-08-2007, 03:34 AM
November is for the young guys, like Parker. Manu is having monster games, but when you go back to the box he's only playing about 30 - 34 a night. That'll probably become a bit less as we go into December and January as well. Tim is slowing down a bit, but the main thing is that he realizes that this isn't the time of year to bust it all out for him. This team is basically like the '01 and '02 Lakers who looked like dog shit all year and got our hopes up before beating us down in the playoffs. Now we get to see the Spurs do that to other teams, like the Suns :lol

spurscenter
11-08-2007, 05:14 AM

funny!

florige
11-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Still, I wish Tim would stop bringing weak shit then complaining to the refs. If you're going to bring it weak, suck it up like a man when you get rejected.

Especially when you know what the guy is really capable of.

TampaDude
11-08-2007, 08:49 AM
It's November...'nuff said...TD will get his 5th ring in June...book it.

hitmanyr2k
11-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Agreed. I'm also sick of the "it's November" excuse. If you're facing a crap team it's understandable to be bored. When you're playing a back-to-back it's ok to play a little tired.

However, when you have 3+ days of rest and play a very much improved division rival (who played the previous night) there's no excuse to come out and play that soft, half-hearted game Tim played the other night. If you're gonna play like that why even lace'em up?

Oh, Gee!!
11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
He's taking a page from Shaq's playbook

sandman
11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

That's what Holt gets for ordering off the value menu, right? :lol

703 Spurz
11-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I didn't watch the last two games yet, but did watch the Grizzlies game and the Sacto game, and certainly against the Grizz Timmy was bringing weaksauce. Pau and Darko are decent defenders, but Tim was being out-muscled and out-positioned all night.

As I commented last playoffs, strangely Tim isn't playing very smart - sometimes he drives time and again against quicker guys, and tries over and ober to out-muscle bigger guys, rather than the opposite. He has also totally lost his left hand (when he was younger he had a great left hand), doesn't use spin moves and power drop-steps enough, and hasn't pulled the banker out yet. All in all, WTF Timmy?

I love the guy, and maybe he's waiting for later in the season to open up his bag of tricks, but sometimes I wonder whether he's finding it harder and harder to care now that he has 4 rings..? Nah, that's harsh, he cares, he just does some odd things for a very smart player... and it is November.

I wish he had that fire he used to have though, where if he got angry he'd pull out some wicked spin move or drop step, dunk it and hang on the rim like monkey-bars! Bring that shit back! These days if he gets angry he just whines or looks incredulous, and he has to stop that. He's not getting the calls he used to, so he'd better start taking it stronger again.

If he's satisfied with 4 rings why doesn't he just quit then? How the hell can anyone say Tim Duncan isn't giving 100% night in and night out? Tim fucking Duncan?

There's no way he'd still play in the league and just wing it everynight. He has to want to at least repeat

hater
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I haven't seen him play this passionless in a while, what's up? I guess he just doesn't feel the need to exert himself out there anymore. Maybe he's just in a funk.

it's november. give him a break. if we give Horry so many breaks...

easjer
11-08-2007, 11:40 AM
OMG.

FIVE games. 5 games into the season. He doesn't look like shit, he's just had 2 off games. He'll probably have a few more between now and late April. Hell, he'll probably have one or two in May, possibly June.

He gets it done when it matters most. Five games into the season is not when it matters most.

If he's like this after February, well, then you've got some room to complain. He'll do what he always does, start slow and build up speed, strength, and momentum and launch himself and the team at the right time.

As for why he's going to lace up - well, would you rather Bonner played instead of Tim against the Rockets?

duncan228
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Tim is in his 10th year....

Duncan is in his 11th year this season.
Just an FYI.

wildbill2u
11-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Tim and Finley aren't playing well, but we're still winning. That's the nice part of having other players to go to.

nfg3
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Too early to panic. Frankly I like the way things are going with the younger players getting more opportunities on the floor. We'll need that come stretch time. By then TD will be shifting gears as well as the other vets. If not then push the button but until then go easy on this. :smokin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Why does the regular season have to be sooo lonnnggg....

ploto
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
He's probably sleep deprived...

da_suns_fan__
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Maybe Duncan just doesn't like playing basketball.

And shame on him for that.

CubanMustGo
11-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Maybe YOU just don't have a fvcking clue.

Shame on YOU for that.

BeerIsGood!
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Why does the regular season have to be sooo lonnnggg....

baseball forum.

barbacoataco
11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I am not concerned about Duncan. As long as he is healthy he will be a force. He is not playing for statistics.

SAGambler
11-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I guess some people just live to complain.

4 wins in 5 starts. That translates to like a 64 game win season.

And doing it without wearing Duncan out early.

I'm pretty sure the Spurs know exactly what they are doing and what they want to do early into a long season.

Give Tim a break. Soon you will be in awe of the games he is putting up in the playoffs as the Spurs roll to another championship.

duncan228
11-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Duncan woke up tonight.

Il Caraibico
11-09-2007, 10:39 PM
and vs hornets? :wakeup :smokin

v2freak
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
It was great seeing him on fire again.