PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Udoka Spelling Bowen

bigbendbruisebrother
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
With Bruce struggling from behind the arc, I'm curious why Pop isn't working Udoka into the rotation, backing up Bowen.

easjer
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
His shot may be off, but his defense has been top notch.

bigbendbruisebrother
11-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Still, he's not young and I wonder how long he'll hold up playing 33+ minutes a night. And yes, his defense has been up to snuff, but isn't that also supposed to be Udoka's forte? I'm not saying Pop should start the guy; I'm just wondering if Bowen couldn't use an extra five minutes of rest a game having a younger version of himself filling in (the fact that he can shoot the three is gravy).

Que Gee
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
With Bruce struggling from behind the arc, I'm curious why Pop isn't working Udoka into the rotation, backing up Bowen.

The guy started 75 games last year. He's a good ball player, SOLID defensively. No reason Pop needs to smash Finley, Udoka, Barry etc, in the same group and let them battle it at for minutes. Bruce is not required 30+ minutes a night. He is not THAT much of a factor defensively in most games.

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM

agreed

FromWayDowntown
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
The guy started 75 games last year. He's a good ball player, SOLID defensively. No reason Pop needs to smash Finley, Udoka, Barry etc, in the same group and let them battle it at for minutes. Bruce is not required 30+ minutes a night. He is not THAT much of a factor defensively in most games.

Udoka's probably going to get his chance if Barry's ankle causes him to miss some games. Based on what happened last night, it would also appear that Finley might be the odd man out if Udoka gets chances and plays well.

Big P
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Pops standard MO..make him "earn" his minutes...Udoka will get into the rotation soon enough.