PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton's trip of Tyrus Thomas

vicphoenix
11-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Did anyone see Rip Hamilton reach out and pull Tyrus Thomas down by the ankle in the Pistons/Bulls game last night? Its interesting how Steve Nash catches all this criticism for his trip on Reymond Felton, but nothing has been posted about this incident.

SAtown
11-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah, it was uncharacteristic of RIP, but shit happens, and nothing serious happened to Thomas.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Did anyone see Rip Hamilton reach out and pull Tyrus Thomas down by the ankle in the Pistons/Bulls game last night? Its interesting how Steve Nash catches all this criticism for his trip on Reymond Felton, but nothing has been posted about this incident.haven't seen it yet. Still doesn't take back from the fact that what Nash did was a dirty move...

timvp
11-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Did anyone see Rip Hamilton reach out and pull Tyrus Thomas down by the ankle in the Pistons/Bulls game last night? Its interesting how Steve Nash catches all this criticism for his trip on Reymond Felton, but nothing has been posted about this incident.Don't be bitter because Nash got suspended and fined.

freedom&justice
11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
I saw that. It was dirty, but luckily Ty Thomas didn't get hurt like Felton did.
The bulls seem to always bring out the worst in him, at least in the regular season. He was whining to the refs so much during the game even Sheed told him to stop.

Stern's gonna do something about this, no doubt. And I have no problem at all if he gets fines and/or suspended. He deserves it. And, lest we forget, so did Nash.

JamStone
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Rip actually got a technical fouled on him. It was stupid of Rip. Wrong and dirty. I think he was upset because when Tyrus blocked his shot, he landed on top of him, more specifically, he caught Tyrus' nuts on his face and there was no foul called. Doesn't excuse him for tripping him at all.

SpursIndonesia
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Man, Manu must have such a great emotion control in him, fact that he's fouled hard so often, smack talk so often, yet he keeps his cool and channels his anger by destroying the opponents on the court.

ShoogarBear
11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Don't be bitter because Nash got suspended and fined.Huh? I didn't see this anywhere.

FromWayDowntown
11-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Huh? I didn't see this anywhere.

I had the same reaction and don't see anything about it on the internets.

thispego
11-09-2007, 11:44 AM
the block tthomas had on rip was 1000000000000000000000x's sicker than the move rfelton busted on Nash. rip's frustration on that play was understandable. Nash's frustration was inexplicable. plus, the pistons were losing, nash's suns were cruising to victory... I think the suns are just carrying a little chip on their shoulder

Armando
11-09-2007, 12:23 PM
the block tthomas had on rip was 1000000000000000000000x's sicker than the move rfelton busted on Nash. rip's frustration on that play was understandable. Nash's frustration was inexplicable. plus, the pistons were losing, nash's suns were cruising to victory... I think the suns are just carrying a little chip on their shoulder

I don't mind them carrying a chip on thier shoulder. They just have to be smart about it. If the Bobcats/Suns game had been on national tv that play might have gotten more run. Who knows what Stern would have done if that become big news? I am likely in the minority among Suns fans but that foul by Nash was kind of underhanded.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I had the same reaction and don't see anything about it on the internets.I think there was some sarcasm in there. As in, if Nash didn't get fined or suspended, what the hell is he complaining about?

I know I interpreted it that way

Walter Craparita
11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Did anyone see Rip Hamilton reach out and pull Tyrus Thomas down by the ankle in the Pistons/Bulls game last night? Its interesting how Steve Nash catches all this criticism for his trip on Reymond Felton, but nothing has been posted about this incident.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Detroit wasn't the "team" that came out to the media and called us dirty.

vicphoenix
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Detroit wasn't the "team" that came out to the media and called us dirty.

Since when did you become a member of the Spurs organization? Don't use "us" unless you happen to be a part of the team.

vicphoenix
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM

Could you atleast try not to show so much bias.

FromWayDowntown
11-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Since when did you become a member of the Spurs organization? Don't use "us" unless you happen to be a part of the team.

OK -- The Pistons and their fans were not the team that came out and called the team that I root for "dirty."

(in fact, rarely have I seen more mutual respect doled out by teams and fans than by the Pistons and their fans and the Spurs and their fans after the 2005 Finals).

thispego
11-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Could you atleast try not to show so much bias.
hey man, i love Nash, he's been ballin for years now and has for some time been a main villain to my spurs. that's why i'm surprised and a little confused at his actions the other day. The whole team just doesn't seem right.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
OK -- The Pistons and their fans were not the team that came out and called the team that I root for "dirty."

(in fact, rarely have I seen more mutual respect doled out by teams and fans than by the Pistons and their fans and the Spurs and their fans after the 2005 Finals).
I remember it got a little strained towards the end to the point that Kori started an "Official Smack Talk" thread, and then chastised us because the first three pages were nothing but people being respectful. :lol

SAtown
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM

If you're a paying fan then you could be considered part of the organization.

Barbarian
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't be bitter because Nash got suspended and fined.

I should have sensed the sarcasm. I have Nash on my Fantasy BB so I was desperately searching online for about 45 min. for a any news on a Nash suspension. :idiot

Marklar MM
11-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I am a Piston fan. I do not consider what Rip or what Nash did as dirty. Nash had no intention of injuring Felton...simply trying to keep him from getting to the rim by intentionally tripping him. Hamilton was the same...trying to keep Thomas from getting to the ball.

RonMexico
11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, it was uncharacteristic of RIP, but shit happens, and nothing serious happened to Thomas.

That's actually not uncharacteristic of Rip.

Anyone remember last year when he kept pestering Tyrus Thomas and got ejected? Wonder if we see a small feud brewing, but it wouldn't make any sense because I have a feeling Tyrus could destroy Rip.

Pistons < Spurs
11-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I was pretty pissed last night on that play. There's no excuse, and it was dirty as fuck. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

It's one of those plays where if TT did get injured there would have been a suspension.

Rip always gets feisty against Chicago. Usually Hinrich is the one that takes the brunt of it.

jbspurs
11-10-2007, 01:39 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Scmx1z94WAI

the difference was Felton was on jumping motion and Thomas was not. As a player Nash should now better. Nash most of the time gets away with those stuffs.

exstatic
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Could you atleast try not to show so much bias, even though the original intent of this thread was to whine about Nash, and I'm a Phoenix fan.
FIFY

JamStone
11-10-2007, 08:34 AM
That's actually not uncharacteristic of Rip.

Anyone remember last year when he kept pestering Tyrus Thomas and got ejected? Wonder if we see a small feud brewing, but it wouldn't make any sense because I have a feeling Tyrus could destroy Rip.

Every year since the championship year, Rip has gotten increasingly more and more ornery in some respects. He started arguing with officials more the last two years, trying to act like Rasheed. And, after 2005, he started clutching and grabbing more on defense trying to gain any advantage he could, I think in some ways to emulate Bruce Bowen's style of defense because he saw how effective it was as long as you do it in such a way not to get caught too many times. And, he does have an attitude sometimes where he does stupid shit on the basketball court. Intentionally tripping Tyrus was one of those times. I'm hoping that becoming a father for the first time chills him out in some ways on the court.

Kriz-Maxima
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
The pistons are dirty.