PDA

View Full Version : You just gotta love Karl Rove...

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
A Failure to Lead (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010843)

The Democratic Congress is more interested in acting out than in taking positive action.

BY KARL ROVE
Friday, November 9, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

This week is the one-year anniversary of Democrats winning Congress. But House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid probably aren't in a celebrating mood. The goodwill they enjoyed after their victory is gone. Their bright campaign promises are unfulfilled. Democratic leadership is in disarray. And Congress's approval rating has fallen to its lowest point in history.

The problems the Democrats are now experiencing begin with the federal budget. Or rather, the lack of one. In 2006, Democrats criticized Congress for dragging its feet on the budget and pledged that they would do better. Instead, they did worse. The new fiscal year started Oct. 1--five weeks ago--but Democrats have yet to send the president a single annual appropriations bill. It's been at least 20 years since Congress has gone this late in passing any appropriation bills, an indication of the mess the Pelosi-Reid Congress is now in.

Even worse, the Democrats have made clear all their talk about "fiscal discipline" is just that--talk. They're proposing to spend $205 billion more than the president has proposed over the next five years. And the opening wedge of this binge is $22 billion more in spending proposed for the coming year. Only in Washington could someone in public life be so clueless to say, as Sen. Reid and Rep. Pelosi have, that $22 billion is a "relatively small" difference.

Let's also be clear about what it means to roll back the president's 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, as the Democrats want to do. Every income-tax payer will pay more as all tax rates rise. Families will pay $500 more per child as they lose the child tax credit. Taxes on small businesses would go up by an average of about $4,000. Retirees will pay higher taxes on investment retirement income. And now we have the $1 trillion tax increase proposed as "tax reform" by the Democrats' chief tax writer last month.

Failing to pass a budget, proposing a huge spike in federal spending and offering the biggest tax increase in history are not the only hallmarks of this Democratic Congress.

Beholden to MoveOn.org and other left-wing groups, Democratic leaders have ignored the progress made in Iraq by the surge, diminished the efforts of our military, and wasted precious time with failed attempts to force an immediate withdrawal from Iraq. They continue to try to implement this course, which would lead to chaos in the region, the creation of a possible terror state with the third largest oil reserves in the world, and a major propaganda victory for Osama bin Laden as well as for Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah.

After promising on the campaign trail to "support our troops," Democrats tried to cut off funding for our military while our soldiers and Marines are under fire from the enemy. For 19 Senate Democrats, this was simply a bridge too far, so they voted against their own leadership's proposal. Democrats also tried to stuff an emergency war-spending bill with billions of dollars of pork for individual members. Now the party's leaders are stalling an emergency supplemental bill with funding for body armor, bullets and mine-resistant vehicles.

After pledging a "Congress that strongly honors our responsibility to protect our people from terrorism," Democrats have refused to make permanent reforms of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that the Director of National Intelligence said were needed to close "critical gaps in our intelligence capability." Their presidential candidates fell all over each other in a recent debate to pledge an end to the Terrorist Surveillance Program. Then Senate Democratic leaders, thinking there was an opening for political advantage, slow-walked the confirmation of Judge Michael Mukasey to be the next attorney general. It's obvious that this is a man who knows the important role the Justice Department plays in the war on terror. Delaying his confirmation is only making it harder to prosecute the war.

Democrats promised "civility and bipartisanship." Instead, they stiff-armed their Republican colleagues, refused to include them in budget negotiations between the two houses, and have launched more than 400 investigations and made more than 675 requests for documents, interviews or testimony. They refused a bipartisan compromise on an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program, instead wasting precious time sending the president a bill they knew he would veto. And they did this knowing that they wouldn't be able to override that veto. Why? Because their pollsters told them putting the children's health-care program at risk would score political points. Instead, it left them looking cynical.

The list of Congress's failures grows each month. No energy bill. No action on health care. No action on the mortgage crisis. No immigration reform. No progress on renewing No Child Left Behind. Precious little action on judges and not enough on reducing trade barriers. Congress has not done its work. And these failures will have consequences.

Democrats had a moment after the 2006 election, but now that moment has passed. They've squandered it. They have demonstrated both the inability and unwillingness to govern. Instead, after more than a decade in the congressional minority, they reflexively look for short-term partisan advantage and attempt to appease the party's most strident fringe. Now that Democrats have the reins of congressional power, their true colors are coming out and the public doesn't like what it sees.

The Democratic victory in 2006 was narrow. They won the House by 85,961 votes out of over 80 million cast and the Senate by a mere 3,562 out of over 62 million cast. A party that wins control by that narrow margin can quickly see its fortunes reversed when it fails to act responsibly, fails to fulfill its promises, and fails to lead.

Mr. Rove is a former adviser to President George W. Bush.
Here's to he and Joe Lieberman staying on the editorial pages through the next election cycle. :toast

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 09:43 AM
A Failure to Lead (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010843)

Here's to he and Joe Lieberman staying on the editorial pages through the next election cycle. :toast

Joe told it like it was. I listen to him yesterday. I would
vote for a man like him. But, unfortunately, the dimm-o-craps will blow him off. Power is the most important thing to them, screw the country.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
hey karl how did that 2006 election cycle go? what about that permanent gop majority you were working on? :lol No one listens to you karl.. oh wait the kool aid drinkers do

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
hey karl how did that 2006 election cycle go? what about that permanent gop majority you were working on? :lol No one listens to you karl.. oh wait the kool aid drinkers do
Uh, he did tell you how it went:

The Democratic victory in 2006 was narrow. They won the House by 85,961 votes out of over 80 million cast and the Senate by a mere 3,562 out of over 62 million cast. A party that wins control by that narrow margin can quickly see its fortunes reversed when it fails to act responsibly, fails to fulfill its promises, and fails to lead.
It certainly explains the 11% approval rating. You can't win by such a narrow margin and then try to marginalize the center and right as you pander to your nutter base.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Joe told it like it was. I listen to him yesterday. I would
vote for a man like him. But, unfortunately, the dimm-o-craps will blow him off. Power is the most important thing to them, screw the country.
He's technically an Independent that is caucusing with the Democrats. There's nothing to say he couldn't be persuaded to cross the aisle.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Uh, he did tell you how it went:

It certainly explains the 11% approval rating. You can't win by such a narrow margin and then try to marginalize the center and right as you pander to your nutter base.

jeez stuck on the 11%.. funny though the republicans make up 50% of the congress so i guess we could assume there is a part of that 11% they own..

karl is a real smart guy yoni.. :rolleyes

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 09:58 AM
jeez stuck on the 11%..
Actually, it's the Democratic Congress that's stuck on 11%.

funny though the republicans make up 50% of the congress so i guess we could assume there is a part of that 11% they own..
I don't see how, They don't control the calendar, the agenda, or the committees.

If anything the 11% that do approve of Congress do so because of what the Republicans are doing to frustrate Democratic efforts to pass their nutter agenda of surrendering in Iraq, perp-marching the entire administrative branch, raising taxes by trillions of dollars, and taking productive people's money and giving it to deadbeats.

If not for the Republicans, all of that would be law right now.

Karl Rove is a brilliant political strategist.
There, fixed it. You're welcome.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually, it's the Democratic Congress that's stuck on 11%.

I don't see how, They don't control the calendar, the agenda, or the committees.

IN MY OPINION If anything the 11% that do approve of Congress do so because of what the Republicans are doing IN MY OPINION to frustrate Democratic efforts to pass their nutter agenda of surrendering in Iraq, perp-marching the entire administrative branch, raising taxes by trillions of dollars, and taking productive people's money and giving it to deadbeats.

If not for the Republicans, all of that would be law right now.

There, fixed it. You're welcome.

I hope karl stays in politics he has been fantastic for the democrats.. in fact bbecuase of him the dems will pick up more senate and house seats in 2008..hell we may even win the white house because of the boy wonder so yes you can keep him on your side..but,but he's brilliant..

If anything the 11% that do approve of Congress do so because of what the Republicans are doing to frustrate Democratic efforts to pass their nutter agenda of surrendering in Iraq, perp-marching the entire administrative branch, raising taxes by trillions of dollars, and taking productive people's money and giving it to deadbeats.

find me something with surrender on the legislation. i guess you wanted a willing and rubber stamp bush had for 6 yrs but executive branch is accountable to someone aren't they? what have the dems proposed that would raise taxes.. "trillions of dollars"

you should have juste started your post with "In my opnion"

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I hope karl stays in politics he has been fantastic for the democrats.. in fact bbecuase of him the dems will pick up more senate and house seats in 2008..hell we may even win the white house because of the boy wonder so yes you can keep him on your side..but,but he's brilliant.
We'll see.

find me something with surrender on the legislation.
Every bill they've contemplated on the Iraq war has been publicly expressed -- by them -- as a ploy to get George Bush to withdraw troops and surrender in Iraq.

i guess you wanted a willing and rubber stamp bush had for 6 yrs but executive branch is accountable to someone aren't they?
That's not accountability, that's interference. Why don't they rescind the AUMF in Iraq? Why don't they just pass a bill to defund the war effort in Iraq?

It's all politics, that's why.

what have the dems proposed that would raise taxes.. "trillions of dollars"
Between the Democratic boondoggle known as the Alternative Minimum Tax (a misnomer), taxes will rise from approximately $25 billion per year (collected under this scheme), to an average of $100 billion per year ($1 trillion) over the next 10 years because Democrats don't know how to index for inflation and are resistant to changing the current AMT law. Combine that with allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, and we're talking trillions of dollars in tax hikes.

Your political heroes at work. But, hey, they've got to pay for socialized medicine somehow.

you should have juste started your post with "In my opnion"
If you're too stupid to differentiate between opinion and sourced facts on a political forum you should probably just quit breathing everyone else's air.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:31 AM
We'll see.

Every bill they've contemplated on the Iraq war has been publicly expressed -- by them -- as a ploy to get George Bush to withdraw troops and surrender in Iraq.

That's not accountability, that's interference. Why don't they rescind the AUMF in Iraq? Why don't they just pass a bill to defund the war effort in Iraq?

It's all politics, that's why.

Between the Democratic boondoggle known as the Alternative Minimum Tax (a misnomer), taxes will rise from approximately $25 billion per year (collected under this scheme), to an average of $100 billion per year ($1 trillion) over the next 10 years because Democrats don't know how to index for inflation and are resistant to changing the current AMT law. Combine that with allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire, and we're talking trillions of dollars in tax hikes.

Your political heroes at work. But, hey, they've got to pay for socialized medicine somehow.

If you're too stupid to differentiate between opinion and sourced facts on a political forum you should probably just quit breathing everyone else's air.

I'm not the one who thinks I'm always right... of course I choose to use my own words while you don't. I guess you think I'm stupid for not believing right wing blogs but i am not the one using them to replace my original thoughts..

in regards to your post refuting mine it's all your opinion so i won't waste my time responding. i do want to mention that your explanation about raising taxes won't transpire during this legislative session so your wrong.

101A
11-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not the one who thinks I'm always right... If you don't think you're right, change your opinion.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm not the one who thinks I'm always right... of course I choose to use my own words while you don't. I guess you think I'm stupid for not believing right wing blogs but i am not the one using them to replace my original thoughts..
Alrighty. But, for the record, when I steal from blogs that have opinions on factual information, they -- and, therefore, I -- also link to the factual data over which the opinion is being expressed.

So, it's not the "right-wing" blog you're discounting, it's the factual information overwhich they opine that you're refusing to address.

The global warming thread is a perfect example. I've been trying for days now to get someone to engage me on the factual data presented by Professor Carter in the video. No takers.

It is my opinion the facts he presents put lie to the global warming hysteria.

in regards to your post refuting mine it's all your opinion so i won't waste my time responding.
But, when I state my opinion it is usually in conjunction with the factual information over which I'm stating my (or stealing someone else's) opinion.

i do want to mention that your explanation about raising taxes won't transpire during this legislative session so your wrong.
Just because a result doesn't occur during the term of the Congress that caused it doesn't mean they're not responsible. Their actions/inactions will result in a tax hike of over a trillion dollars...unless it's fixed by a future Congress and President.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:45 AM
If you don't think you're right, change your opinion.

There is one thing I know for 100% fact. not everyone is right all of the time including myslef. I don't have much repsect for people who think they are always right. Most problems could be solved if both sides decided to meet in the middle. people like yoni and ray want everything solved the conservative way. well that's not possible because the majority of americans aren't as beholden to that ideology. i am perfectly comfortable with sitting down with a conservative and hammering our a deal where neither side gets all they want but they do get enough to be satisfied. I wish washington was more like this. the ideologues on both sides don't undserstand that thier respective beliefs will not dominate this country. This is part of the reason why i believe that talk radio is just as responsible for dividing this country as anything that has happened over the last 20 yrs. They preach ideology without regard to compromise. They preach how eveil the other side is and how they despise this country. That is just plain wrong and those who believe it are done a disservice. I think we can both agree that there are folks who listen to hush's show and members of moveon.org who are harmful to this country as a whole.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
If you don't think you're right, change your opinion.
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
He's technically an Independent that is caucusing with the Democrats. There's nothing to say he couldn't be persuaded to cross the aisle.

In his interview yesterday that very question was ask.
And he indicated he would see what the future holds. He
didn't say "he wouldn't". But he is an old time Democrat
and I wouldn't hold my breath till he does. Blue is not
my favorite color.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
There is one thing I know for 100% fact. not everyone is right all of the time including myslef. I don't have much repsect for people who think they are always right. Most problems could be solved if both sides decided to meet in the middle. people like yoni and ray want everything solved the conservative way. well that's not possible because the majority of americans aren't as beholden to that ideology. i am perfectly comfortable with sitting down with a conservative and hammering our a deal where neither side gets all they want but they do get enough to be satisfied. I wish washington was more like this. the ideologues on both sides don't undserstand that thier respective beliefs will not dominate this country. This is part of the reason why i believe that talk radio is just as responsible for dividing this country as anything that has happened over the last 20 yrs. They preach ideology without regard to compromise. They preach how eveil the other side is and how they despise this country. That is just plain wrong and those who believe it are done a disservice. I think we can both agree that there are folks who listen to hush's show and members of moveon.org who are harmful to this country as a whole.
But, if you think you're wrong, why would you post the opinion? Does anyone in here think they are wrong when they push the "submit reply" button?

No. You included.

And just because you're unsuccessful in getting me to change my opinion doesn't mean I never admit I'm wrong. It means we only discuss things where you've been unable to make a persuasive argument.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 10:50 AM
In his interview yesterday that very question was ask.
And he indicated he would see what the future holds. He
didn't say "he wouldn't". But he is an old time Democrat
and I wouldn't hold my breath till he does. Blue is not
my favorite color.
He's coming to the realization, just like Zell Miller that the Democratic Party is jettisoning the things that made their party great.

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 10:52 AM

You might want to talk to your dimm-o-crap buddies
in Congress. They are the ones that wont compromise.
The Republicans including the President has. He even
got the swimmer, you know the expert on drowning, to
write the education bill. Got George a lot of credit
didn't it? You really do need to pick a paper up sometime
and read what is going on and who opposes what.

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh about me and yoni wont comprimise, I cant speak for Yoni,
but myself, I kinda like what made this country great. You don't
fix something that is broken or change just because it feels good
to spend other peoples money.

JoeChalupa
11-09-2007, 10:55 AM

I saw this cut and paste coming a mile away. Too bad he's out of the loop now and his repugnants are going down again.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh about me and yoni wont comprimise, I cant speak for Yoni,
but myself, I kinda like what made this country great. You don't
fix something that is broken or change just because it feels good
to spend other peoples money.

memo to ray democrats have been partly responsible for making this country great.

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I saw this cut and paste coming a mile away. Too bad he's out of the loop now and his repugnants are going down again.

Can we quote you on that Joe?

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:57 AM
You might want to talk to your dimm-o-crap buddies
in Congress. They are the ones that wont compromise.
The Republicans including the President has. He even
got the swimmer, you know the expert on drowning, to
write the education bill. Got George a lot of credit
didn't it? You really do need to pick a paper up sometime
and read what is going on and who opposes what.

thanks for proving my point ray.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
But, if you think you're wrong, why would you post the opinion? Does anyone in here think they are wrong when they push the "submit reply" button?

No. You included.

And just because you're unsuccessful in getting me to change my opinion doesn't mean I never admit I'm wrong. It means we only discuss things where you've been unable to make a persuasive argument.

When I find that I have been wrong I own up to it. it's very simple to do. you man up and admit you were wrong. i have never seen that once from you so i guess i could assume you feel on this board your are 100% correct?

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
When I find that I have been wrong I own up to it.
So do I. In fact, I was preparing to admit I was wrong about Hillary Clinton supporting Governor Spitzer's plan, and said as much in a post, but, then her campaign came out and agreed with me. What are you going to do.

I think it's just that you tend to gravitate to my posts over which I have very strong opinions and you're just unable to change my mind. Then, you turn that into me thinking I'm always right.

Present me with an irrefutable fact that demonstrates I'm wrong, and I'll admit it.

it's very simple to do. you man up and admit you were wrong. i have never seen that once from you so i guess i could assume you feel on this board your are 100% correct?
I disagree, I believe I've admitted I was wrong in this forum on several occasions.

I was wrong about the 2006 elections. Way wrong. I thought they would turn out different and they didn't. I admitted it at the time. I'm admitting it now. It was a topic that dominated this forum for quite some time and just about everyone of my predictions didn't hold.

There. Please bookmark this post the next time you want to claim I say I'm right 100% of the time.

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 11:12 AM
memo to ray democrats have been partly responsible for making this country great.

Yeah, you got it party right. The Democrats. But not the
dimm-o-craps of today. You are of course referring to
the olden times, right?

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, you got it party right. The Democrats. But not the
dimm-o-craps of today. You are of course referring to
the olden times, right?

I take that as a yes.

101A
11-09-2007, 11:23 AM
There is one thing I know for 100% fact. not everyone is right all of the time including myslef. I don't have much repsect for people who think they are always right. Most problems could be solved if both sides decided to meet in the middle. people like yoni and ray want everything solved the conservative way. well that's not possible because the majority of americans aren't as beholden to that ideology. i am perfectly comfortable with sitting down with a conservative and hammering our a deal where neither side gets all they want but they do get enough to be satisfied. I wish washington was more like this. the ideologues on both sides don't undserstand that thier respective beliefs will not dominate this country. This is part of the reason why i believe that talk radio is just as responsible for dividing this country as anything that has happened over the last 20 yrs. They preach ideology without regard to compromise. They preach how eveil the other side is and how they despise this country. That is just plain wrong and those who believe it are done a disservice. I think we can both agree that there are folks who listen to hush's show and members of moveon.org who are harmful to this country as a whole.No. I get you; it's just it was such a fat one right over the plate. I had to.

Also, even if I were to compromise with someone on a point somewhere between two extremes doesn't change the fact that I'm right and he's wrong; it just means I had to do what I had to do.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 11:26 AM
No. I get you; it's just it was such a fat one right over the plate. I had to.

Also, even if I were to compromise with someone on a point somewhere between two extremes doesn't change the fact that I'm right and he's wrong; it just means I had to do what I had to do.

I agree.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Searched the phrase, "I was wrong," under user "Yonivore," and eleven threads were returned:

Examples.

Post #8 in the thread titled: "Former CIA Chief George Tenet Calls War In Iraq 'Wrong',":

"No, I didn't make it up and, yes, I was wrong."

Post #1 in the thread titled: "Bin Laden Video To Americans"

"(I guess I was wrong about him being dead -- damnit!)."

Post #6 in the thread titled: "Hey Yoni..."

"But, I'm not going to complain. Bush won, and he'll be inaugurated in January. I was wrong about the landslide -- boo freakin' hoo. Gimme my vBucks!"
That's just using the phrase "I was wrong." There are many ways in which that can be said...so, I'm going to go out on a limb and declare your 100% assertion completely bogus.

Amazingly, the same search criteria, applied to your logon, only returned five threads. And, one of them is you quoting me saying I was wrong.

101A
11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Searched the phrase, "I was wrong," under user "Yonivore," and eleven threads were returned:

Examples.

Post #8 in the thread titled: "Former CIA Chief George Tenet Calls War In Iraq 'Wrong',":

Post #1 in the thread titled: "Bin Laden Video To Americans"

Post #6 in the thread titled: "Hey Yoni..."

That's just using the phrase "I was wrong." There are many ways in which that can be said...so, I'm going to go out on a limb and declare your 100% assertion completely bogus.

Amazingly, the same search criteria, applied to your logon, only returned five threads. And, one of them is you quoting me saying I was wrong.Well played.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Well played.
It's even better. In none of the five posts returned is he admitting he was wrong.

In two, he's quoting someone else admitting they were wrong (me and 101A). In the other three, he's being sarcastic or snide, (i.e. "And you have asked me to admit I was wrong and should be embarassed?", his post #28 in the thread titled, "Democratic war is on...")

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM
I have this vision of George frantically searching various combinations of error admission along with his name.

"Damnit, I'm sure I've admitted I was wrong somewhere..."
:lmao

Pwned << (Did I do that right?)

Oh, wait! There's an emoticon for it - :owned

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
"I was mistaken"

Yonivore - 1 thread.

George Gervin's Afro - 0 threads.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 12:22 PM
"I apologize"

Yonivore - 11 threads.

George Gervin's Afro - 1 thread and, again, he's being sarcastic.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
George went silent... :::chirp::: :::chirp:::

He can't even admit he's wrong in a thread about who admits they're wrong.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I have this vision of George frantically searching various combinations of error admission along with his name.

:lmao

Pwned << (Did I do that right?)

Oh, wait! There's an emoticon for it - :owned

I am sorry I am going to have to prove myslef to a blog stealer? someone who passes on other''s words as mine?

trust me yoni i do not sweat you or any of your plagerized posts.

the most recent time i admitted you were right was in dealing with the affects of pelosi's brining up the armenian/turkish resolution. you mentioned that this was one of the causes of the turks responses. i disagreed however when i found an article proving that you were right i posted it. you then commended me for my honesty. so which is it am i honest or not? did you search using you were right? i was mistaken, etc..

but,but,but i never admitted i was wrong when you searched for the 'wrong'....

now you are going to be using my words literally? are we going to start using that standard now? the literal use of verbiage?

i want to hear from you that you pledge to only post only literally speaking rather than using " the dems are surrendering' language. when i ask you to find those words you simply say "well that's their intent'.. so which is it? or do you want ot have it both ways?

so i see how you look at things now. you hold me to a different standard than you hold yourslef to.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 12:52 PM
George went silent... :::chirp::: :::chirp:::

He can't even admit he's wrong in a thread about who admits they're wrong.
I rest my case.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I am sorry I am going to have to prove myslef to a blog stealer? someone who passes on other''s words as mine?

trust me yoni i do not sweat you or any of your plagerized posts.

the most recent time i admitted you were right was in dealing with the affects of pelosi's brining up the armenian/turkish resolution. you mentioned that this was one of the causes of the turks responses. i disagreed however when i found an article proving that you were right i posted it. you then commended me for my honesty. so which is it am i honest or not? did you search using you were right? i was mistaken, etc..
"I was mistaken" but not, "Your were right." Hang on, be right back...

Hey, you're the one that said I never admitted I was wrong. I proved it...and, in doing so, could find no instance where you said you were wrong.

But, hang on, saying "you were right," is a good search...be right back.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I rest my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin's Afro

hey gee Yoni always wins. he declares himself the winner all of the time.

yonivore

Hey, if he gives up...

And, I thought you had a good memory...you even said so in that other thread where you're kind of stalkerishly fawning all over me. Personally, I don't recall having declared victory in an argument on here unless, as in this case, the other poster just simply gives up.

Yonivore
but,but,but i never admitted i was wrong when you searched for the 'wrong'....

now you are going to be using my words literally? are we going to start using that standard now? the literal use of verbiage?

i want to hear from you that you pledge to only post only literally speaking rather than using " the dems are surrendering' language. when i ask you to find those words you simply say "well that's their intent'.. so which is it? or do you want ot have it both ways?

so i see how you look at things now. you hold me to a different standard than you hold yourslef to.
Okay, on this last part...it is my opinion that you're officially fucked in the head.

Yonivore
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gervin's Afro
What does all that even mean?

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Look, it's real easy George.

I admit it, I was wrong. Yonivore has said he was wrong before. In fact, he's said it in several threads. So, I was wrong when I said he never admits he is wrong...100% of the time.
Is that so hard that you have to reduce yourself to incoherent spittle-strewn babbling?

eh, maybe so.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Okay, on this last part...it is my opinion that you're officially fucked in the head.

what don't you get? you are taking me literally, for which I am ok with. If you are going to create that expectation for anyone else then you need to follow suit. From now I expect you to produce explicit statments rather than your opinion. So more "dems are surrendering' language from you. If you can't find those exact words don't post they are surrendering because they neve spoke those words.

I'll just remind you everytime you post that I would like to see those exact words spoken if you can't then I will just raise my hand in victory.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
"You were right" - George Gervin's Afro said it one time...in this thread.

"You are right" - George Gervin's Afro posted it once but, he was quoting xrayzebra.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonivore

I see. Well, your mocking required you to retain information about me that verges on obsession. Hell, I don't know what your opinions are about anything from thread to thread. This is a venue in which I respond to the posts in an individual thread based on the face value of the words to which I'm responding.

I mean, to know that I made a characterization about people who vote for the "lesser of two evils" way back when we were talking about the 2004 election is kind of freaky, if you ask me. I don't even remember posting that. I do, however, seem to recall stating an opinion on so-called "moderates" but, I'm not sure it's that to which you're referring.

I would ask you to produce the post and we could dissect how you either mischaracterized what I actually said or we could marvel -- and be a little creeped out -- at how fucking dead on right you were.

You pick. Frankly, I don't care.

so you are being a hypocrite again? I do have a good memory and from now on I will be happy to produce your own words to prove you have double standard and and you are an admitted hypocrite.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:06 PM
what don't you get? you are taking me literally, for which I am ok with. If you are going to create that expectation for anyone else then you need to follow suit. From now I expect you to produce explicit statments rather than your opinion. So more "dems are surrendering' language from you. If you can't find those exact words don't post they are surrendering because they neve spoke those words.
But, we weren't talking about you. We were resolving the issue of whether or not you were wrong when you claimed I never admitted I was wrong.

Finding that I said admission phrases (in the context of my actually admitting error) way more than you, (where I've yet to find it in the context of you admitting error) was just a bonus.

I'll just remind you everytime you post that I would like to see those exact words spoken if you can't then I will just raise my hand in victory.
Whatever floats your boat.

George Gervin's Afro
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
"You were right" - George Gervin's Afro said it one time...in this thread.

"You are right" - George Gervin's Afro posted it once but, he was quoting xrayzebra.

so you were wrong again?

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
so you are being a hypocrite again? I do have a good memory and from now on I will be happy to produce your own words to prove you have double standard and and you are an admitted hypocrite.
What is your point here? What are you trying to prove? Please, be explicit because you're making absolutely no sense anymore.

Did I claim you didn't have a good memory? What's the double standard?

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:10 PM
so you were wrong again?
I haven't been wrong on this topic yet.

I've yet to find a place (except for this thread) where you admitted you were wrong. Period.

Obversely, I've found several and quoted three where I explicitly admitted I was wrong.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Karl and Bush lost congress to a group largely composed of idiots.

That's how bad they are.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
George, one more thing before I give up on this thread and your ability to deal honestly.

My searches proved another point. When I admit I'm wrong, I say it...explicitly. When you admit error, if you ever have, you apparently couch it in pretty obscure language to be able to avoid saying the phrases, "I was wrong," "I am wrong," "I am mistaken," "you were right," and "you are right" in any context where you're actually admitting error.

So, how 'bout that Karl Rove? Ya just gotta love 'im...that rascally bastard.