PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Giuliani's foreign policy advisors are insane

BradLohaus
11-09-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58598

Best known of Rudy's advisers is Norman Podhoretz, who wrote in June, "The Case for Bombing Iran" in Commentary, thinks we are in "World War IV" and writes that "as an American and as a Jew, I pray with all my heart" Bush will bomb Iran. Podhoretz sees us at Munich in 1938 and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as Hitler.

"Like Hitler," writes Podhoretz, Ahmadinejad "is a revolutionary whose objective is to overturn the going international order and to replace it in the fullness of time with a new order dominated by Iran and ruled by the religio-political culture of Islamo-fascism."

Time to return to Planet Earth...He runs a regime with 2 percent of U.S. gross domestic product, no nukes and no navy or air force to rival ours. He is a Shia in a Sunni world. How is this 5 foot, 4 inch Persian going to strong-arm the United States, Russia and China, not to mention an Israel with 300 nukes, into his "new order"?

After meeting with his candidate, Podhoretz emerged happy to assure us, "There is very little difference in how he (Rudy) sees the war and I see it." If true, a vote for Rudy is a vote for endless war.

And, as James Madison said, wars are the death of republics.

Nbadan
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
After meeting with his candidate, Podhoretz emerged happy to assure us, "There is very little difference in how he (Rudy) sees the war and I see it." If true, a vote for Rudy is a vote for endless war.

No doubt this is why Gouliani has become the NeoCon 'chosen candidate' for the GOP, well, that and if the people found out the real truth about 911 and the war on Terra they would march pitch-forks in hand to Washington......

xrayzebra
11-09-2007, 03:33 PM
No doubt this is why Gouliani has become the NeoCon 'chosen candidate' for the GOP, well, that and if the people found out the real truth about 911 and the war on Terra they would march pitch-forks in hand to Washington......

We know the truth about 9/11. The war on Terra,
explain what that is.

Protecting our country is the problem. The
problem lies in people who put their agendas
ahead of the basic functions of government
and security of this nation.

Yonivore
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
And, as James Madison said, wars are the death of republics.
Can you give us some context on this quote? Was it before or after the revolutionary war from which this republic was born?

PixelPusher
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Can you give us some context on this quote? Was it before or after the revolutionary war from which this republic was born?
You're only "born" once, dum-dum.

And Madison was referring to declaring war on France.

BradLohaus
11-09-2007, 04:20 PM

It looks like it isn't a direct quote, which makes sense because Buchanan didn't put it in quotes. Instead I think Buchanan was just generalizing off of some of Madison's own statements, like these two:

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

More here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/James_Madison

boutons_
11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
"revolutionary war from which this republic was born"

The American revolution was by the colonies, not the American Republic.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18562.htm

It's mind-boggling how prescient Madison was about the abuse of war/national security to fuck up the protections of the US Constitutions. Madison saw it 200 years ago, dubya and dickhead's objective in getting elected was to abuse precisely as Madison describes.

The people who created the US were postively special.
The current Exec is negatively special.

PixelPusher
11-09-2007, 04:35 PM
"revolutionary war from which this republic was born"

The American revolution was by the colonies, not the American Republic.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18562.htm

It's mind-boggling how prescient Madison was about the abuse of war/national security to fuck up the protections of the US Constitutions. Madison saw it 200 years ago, dubya and dickhead's objective in getting elected was to abuse precisely as Madison describes.

The people who created the US were postively special.
The current Exec is negatively special.
"8/24 changed everything" anybody?

I guess the Americans who lived through the British burning down the White House were made of braver stuff.