View Full Version : **Official** EliteXC "Renegade" Thread: Sat Nov 10th @ 10:00 ET on Showtime
LEONARD
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
EDIT...oops, forgot about Evan's thread...oh well, mine's better...had the date and time in the subject :lol
ELITE XC: NOVEMBER 10, 2007 on Showtime at 10:00 ET
Showtime Bouts:
• Nick Diaz (15-6-0) vs. KJ Noons (5-2-0)
• Kimbo Slice (1-0-0) vs. Bo Cantrell (10-10-0)
• Jake Shields (19-4-1) vs. Mike Pyle (14-4-1)
• Seth Kleinbeck (8-3-0) vs. Kyle Noke (13-3-1)
• Antonio Silva (8-1-0) vs. Jonathan Wiezorek (11-1-0)
Undercard:
• Yves Edwards (29-13-1) vs. Nick Gonzalez (13-5-0)
• Geoff Bumstead (2-1-0) vs Robert Ruiz (1-1-0)
• Lane Yarbrough (6-4-0) vs. Jae Suk Lim (7-3-0)
• Brett Rogers (5-0-0) vs. Ralph Kelly (6-2-0)
• Jon Kirk (10-1-0) vs. Matt Lucas (7-0-0)
I’m eager to see if Kimbo can have an impact at HW in the MMA world, but he seems to be getting more press for this fight with a guy that was just gogoplata’d by Brad Imes than Shields, Diaz, and Antonio Silva are getting. Somewhat annoying, but expected. I saw a commercial for the event on ESPN last night and it was all about Diaz and Kimbo…they didn’t mention Shields, but listed his fight in small text at the bottom. Poor guy…he needs to get to the UFC so people can know who he is.
Diaz interviews
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9858
http://www.caller.com/news/2007/nov/08/diaz-says-what-he-thinks/
Shields interviews
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1322
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5008
Edwards interview
http://www.adcombat.com/Article.asp?Article_ID=14229
Previews
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9878
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2007/11/7/102424/752#readmore
http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2007/11/elitexc_heads_to_texas_in_sear.html
Promo pictures
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2007/11/7/85247/1972#readmore
Bas discusses Kimbo…it’s too bad he’s fighting a scrub…
http://bloodyelbow.com/story/2007/11/5/145713/383#readmore
Kimbo article in Orlando Paper
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-fritzfight0607nov06,0,487558.column
another Kimbo article
http://www.411mania.com/MMA/columns/62828/Planet-Tapout-11.06.07:-The-Allure-of-Kimbo!.htm
EDIT...oops, forgot about Evan's thread...oh well, mine's better...
:sleep
Hey by the way....don't forget if you end up heading out to watch it...call my cell.
Pizza on me but bring your own beer you cheap bastard.
LEONARD
11-10-2007, 09:18 AM
lol...alright... :fro
undercard fights can be watched live on ProElite.com for free before the main card starts...
Everybody made weight...
Kimbo Slice: The Benevolent Bruiser
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9894
Man I am fecking pumped for this fight. Can't wait.
LEONARD
11-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Weigh-in video
http://evilmaster.proelite.com/71221
pics
http://evilmaster.proelite.com/71189
Kimbo training pics...
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/11/08/kimbo-slice-training-pics-for-elitexc-renegade/
Shields signs long term with EliteXC...
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/11/10/jake-shields-signs-long-term-deal-with-elitexc/
Antonio Silva down to 265 lbs!! Holy hell...this guy might be the future at HW...
http://evilmaster.proelite.com/71218
LEONARD
11-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Lots of interviews, etc are up...
http://www.proelite.com/home
Kyle Noke was the Crocodile Hunter's bodyguard... :fro
koopa
11-10-2007, 03:50 PM
i can't wait, i'll be there live, can't wait to see kimbo kill someone, and nick diaz will win the title tonight
LEONARD
11-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I wish I was going...have fun!
i can't wait, i'll be there live, can't wait to see kimbo kill someone, and nick diaz will win the title tonight
Hey thats awesome.
If you take any pics and want to write a little blurb I will post it for you on my mma blog.
koopa
11-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Hey thats awesome.
If you take any pics and want to write a little blurb I will post it for you on my mma blog.
i wish i had a camera cause i would've posted them up
it was fun, the president of the company said they are coming back in 08, i can't wait, but next time i'm not getting floor seats, they suck ass, the american bank center makes the at&t center look like the staples center, so i rather just not pay 80 buck and just pay 25 or 35 for the other tickets, cause once the fights went to the floor you couldn't see shit so i had to look back at the big screen
seeing randy couture made my night lol, the dude is my hero lol
the fans went off when noons won, i was booing like a motherfucker.......but diaz acted like a little hoe running out the ring and flicking everyone in the ring off
seeing some of the ufc guys was cool too, nate looks like a little chump in person lol
i think only one fight went the distance the rest ended quick....
oligarchy
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Why would you boo? Diaz was getting owned and his face looked the part. He couldn't pass the vision test. Diaz was being lame anyway, with staying on the ground and crab-walking toward KJ. Good win for KJ and I'd like to see him face some other good competition.
SAtoDallas
11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
It was a pretty entertianing card overall. I don't know what Diaz was pissed off at it's his own fault he doesn't employ any defense, props to KJ. Kimbo fought a tomato can but I guess he is still a work in progress. I hope Elite keeps putting on entertaining cards.
Why would you boo? Diaz was getting owned and his face looked the part. He couldn't pass the vision test. Diaz was being lame anyway, with staying on the ground and crab-walking toward KJ. Good win for KJ and I'd like to see him face some other good competition.
Diaz must have a ton of scar damage on his face. He opened up fast.
And I fecking hate crab walking.........
oligarchy
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Diaz must have a ton of scar damage on his face. He opened up fast.
And I fecking hate crab walking.........
Not sure about the scar tissue, KJ hit him with some good solid shots standing and on the ground. I agree about the crab walking, it's one of the most pathetic things to watch in a fight.
koopa
11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Why would you boo? Diaz was getting owned and his face looked the part. He couldn't pass the vision test. Diaz was being lame anyway, with staying on the ground and crab-walking toward KJ. Good win for KJ and I'd like to see him face some other good competition.
cause i paid 80 dollars to see some fighting, fuck stopping it, if the fighter is dumb enough to want to go, then let him......... plus it was fun pissing off bill goldberg with all the booing
LEONARD
11-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Overall, not the greatest card...
Cantrell is a joke and didn't want to fight...
Diaz looked slow and lethargic like he still had staff... :lol
Shields looked great...too bad he signed longterm. He'd be in the mix at 170 in the UFC...
Antonio Silva at 265 lbs is VERY intriguing...although, he should lose the cartwheel attempts... :lol
next time i'm not getting floor seats, they suck ass, the american bank center makes the at&t center look like the staples center, so i rather just not pay 80 buck and just pay 25 or 35 for the other tickets, cause once the fights went to the floor you couldn't see shit so i had to look back at the big screen
I could've told ya that...
oligarchy
11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Overall, not the greatest card...
Cantrell is a joke and didn't want to fight...
Diaz looked slow and lethargic like he still had staff... :lol
Shields looked great...too bad he signed longterm. He'd be in the mix at 170 in the UFC...
Antonio Silva at 265 lbs is VERY intriguing...although, he should lose the cartwheel attempts... :lol
I agree, the last card was MUCH better. Cantrell basically tapped when he hit the floor. He didn't want anything to do with the fight, but wanted a paycheck.
Diaz needs to fight cans.
I thought he was going to go to the UFC. He even said it, I wonder if Dana wasn't offering him what he wanted. Too bad though.
I only saw one other fight of Silva's, but I could've sworn it was at or above 265lbs. It was the Bodog fight where Eric Pele smashed him. And, yes, he should not attempt cartwheel's anymore. That's only because he does them so well and he makes other not want to do them. :elephant
I could've told ya that...
I think any of us who have had floor seats could tell you that.
LEONARD
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I only saw one other fight of Silva's, but I could've sworn it was at or above 265lbs. It was the Bodog fight where Eric Pele smashed him. And, yes, he should not attempt cartwheel's anymore. That's only because he does them so well and he makes other not want to do them. :elephant
Pele is his only loss...he completely dominated him before getting clipped. Pele was hanging on by a thread and caught him with a flailing desperation punch. Could probably argue that the stoppage was a bit early too...Silva didn't get much of a chance to recover.
In the past he's been in the 290-300 lbs range (and didn't look fat).
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.