PDA

View Full Version : How many games......?

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Can Manu carry us? I have my own opinions, but am interested in what yall think. Do you think he will hit a mid-season wall, or somehow keep it going?

E20
11-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Manu's summer break seems to have refreshed him. Tonight he was struggling in the 1st half due to a tightned quad muscle so he couldn't get it play as hard or as Manu-like in the 1st half, but he got it going during the 2nd half (14 pts and 10 boards). IMO his high level of play will stay with the Spurs throughout the season, he's had a lot of rest.

The fact of the matter with the Spurs is that the big 3 are so unselfish. If Manu is on then TD and TP will take the secondary role and if TP is on Manu and TD will let him shine and vice versa. Tonight it was TD and TP that did the major work and the game before it was Manu and TP. I think as long as two of the big three have above average games or one of the big three has a superb game then we will be alright for most of the regular season , so we don't have to rely on Manu, Tony, or Tim doing heavy work by themselves. It will be very special to see all three players bringing their 'A' game at the same time, Spurs would win in a land slide against anybody.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Last season Pop did an amazing job with managing players minutes. Theres no doubt in my mind that Pop will do the same this year. Pop is playing the big 3 in to season shape right now. The more in sync this team becomes the more opportunity's there will be to regulate minutes played. That being said Manu Should and will be able to sustain this level of play through out the season.