PDA

View Full Version : Billary wagging the dog

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
http://web.grinnell.edu/sandb/questions.html

:lol

After her speech, Clinton accepted questions. But according to Grinnell College student Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff ’10, some of the questions from the audience were planned in advance. “They were canned,” she said. Before the event began, a Clinton staff member approached Gallo-Chasanoff to ask a specific question after Clinton’s speech. “One of the senior staffers told me what [to ask],” she said.

Clinton called on Gallo-Chasanoff after her speech to ask a question: what Clinton would do to stop the effects of global warming. Clinton began her response by noting that young people often pose this question to her before delving into the benefits of her plan.

But the source of the question was no coincidence—at this event “they wanted a question from a college student,” Gallo-Chasanoff said. She also noted that staffers prompted Clinton to call on her and another who had been approached before the event, although Clinton used her discretion to select questions and called on people who had not been prepped before hand. Some of the questions asked were confusing and clearly off-message.

exstatic
11-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, because Bush never managed an appearance, ever. :rolleyes

BradLohaus
11-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Our presidential elections have become theater, and we are the audience.

Donate to Ron Paul today! You can rest assured that this man doesn't stage Q&A's.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

George Gervin's Afro
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Now I think planting questions is lazy and stupid. If it were me and I was worried about what type of questions that may be posed at an event I wouldn't take any..

With that being said it is ludicrous to make this an huge issue. Fox News agrees with me and they have it posted as their lead story on their front page... :rolleyes Considering the Bush administration's practice of surrounding the boy in the bubble with backslappers at all public events I wonder how many of his staged apprearences made this big a splash...

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Now I think planting questions is lazy and stupid. If it were me and I was worried about what type of questions that may be posed at an event I wouldn't take any..

With that being said it is ludicrous to make this an huge issue. Fox News agrees with me and they have it posted as their lead story on their front page... :rolleyes Considering the Bush administration's practice of surrounding the boy in the bubble with backslappers at all public events I wonder how many of his staged apprearences made this big a splash...

Spare me the bullshit.

All of the libs on this board were teeing off on Bush about planted questioned at the press conference for FEMA regarding the fires in California, and that wasn't even a case where it was Bush taking the questions.

So don't give me the 'what's the big deal'/holier than thou shit.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning Bush doing it in the past, or the FEMA thing for the fires, I think it's all lame as fuck.

It is slightly hypocritical to see the Bush haters, who were eating this type of thing up when it happened in the past, trying to play this up as no big deal. Can't have it both ways...

George Gervin's Afro
11-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Spare me the bullshit.

All of the libs on this board were teeing off on Bush about planted questioned at the press conference for FEMA regarding the fires in California, and that wasn't even a case where it was Bush taking the questions.

So don't give me the 'what's the big deal'/holier than thou shit.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning Bush doing it in the past, or the FEMA thing for the fires, I think it's all lame as fuck.

It is slightly hypocritical to see the Bush haters, who were eating this type of thing up when it happened in the past, trying to play this up as no big deal. Can't have it both ways...

well don't include me along with those who criticized bush for the FEMA fiasco...

apology accepted.

Nbadan
11-11-2007, 01:22 AM
Why is anyone surprised? Hillary = Bush Lite

Mr. Peabody
11-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Spare me the bullshit.

I didn't "tee off" on Bush during the FEMA press conference, but I have been critical in the past of his phony town hall meetings, planted questions, etc. My theory is that if you are a strong leader, you should be willing to face the fire of a real audience and their real questions. This incident with Hillary is yet another reminder of how, despite all of her "change" rhetoric, a Hillary presidency will be nothing but business as usual in the White House.

Nbadan
11-11-2007, 03:39 AM
But...but....Hillary had no idea the question had been planted.......it was 'totally' random

This is not standard policy and will not be repeated again," the campaign said in a statement issued Friday night. Clinton herself did not know when she called on the student that the question had been suggested by one of her staff, the campaign said.

"The senator had no idea," Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee told The Associated Press.

Link (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_di)

George Gervin's Afro
11-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Update:

Fox News still has ths story prominently on the top of it's front page. The next story?Musharraf Calls for Jan. Elections Pakistan's military ruler says a state of emergency will remain in place to ensure transparent elections |

yes hillary's campign planitng a question at a campaign event overshadows the current situation in Pakistan... That's why i like faux news.they are fair and balanced..